PDA

View Full Version : Epidode 3 500 million +

BUFFJEDI
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:38:56 AM
I know this is a little early and

I know I was Way off on AOTC gross but I feel there are many reasons why Episode 3 will top 500 million into day’s money.

First it will be the last Star Wars movie. I think die hard fans will push for it to go out on top or atleast a close second.I for one will do my part, as long as I like it.

I also feel that Aotc has brought back many Starwars fans as well as non starwars fans. Sure it is not breaking Box-office records but look at it this way. Critic’s didn’t totally dismiss it. Fans didn’t and it will clear atleast 300 million in the USA.

Also look at this. The Phantom Menace DVD has shot back up into the top ten in sales for the last few weeks. That show’s that there is a renewed intrest in the Star Wars universe. Because odds are all the true fans have already gotten there DVD’s when it came out.

Also think about this. The Aotc novel is still in the top five after 4 weeks, Not bad . It goes to show it’s more than just Fans buying the book..

I also do not think Episode 3 being Dark will hurt it one bit.Look at the world around us ,it’s dark times people are used to it .

And think about this. Episode 3 will be almost 80% action, people love the action (if nothing else) of Star wars. Even The non fans want to see Yoda Throw down again ,and will pay to do so, and we fans want to see the out of this world duel between anikin and obi-wan.

If AOTC holds as well overseas as it is right now, that goes to show they have a renewed interest in Star wars which will leave them wanting more, and more they will get in Episode three.

And the Most important part to Episode three will be DARTH VADER. I don’t care if he only show’s up for 5 minute’s Just him being in it will draw people to the theater’s like fly’s to honey.

Just think of the reaction’s of people who go to see the movie that has the EP3 trailer and they get just a Glimps of Darth Vader , the place will go Ape crap!!!!Look he has been the most famous villian for the past 25 years and other than Dracula , the most in film history,people miss him. So anyway these figures of Ep 3 only doing a little better than AOTC is so way off.The force is strong with Star wars and Episode three will reap the profit’s of it. Keep in mind many stayed away from AOTC due to TPM . They now have gotten a taste of things to come and are hungry for more. Not to mention how many will get the urge once they rent/buy AOTC on dvd/vhs and see they made an awlful mistake .by not seeing it at the theaters.There are many other reason's But I had a brain Fart :(

Darth23
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:48:34 AM
I don't think there's any way that Episode 3 will hit 500 million.

Maybe 500 million worldwide.

* If it's even darker than AOTC then it will have even less kid appeal. Kid/family appeal is pretty important for the top grossing movies.

* If it's a real bummer with all the good guys getting their butts kicked, it won't be a movie a lot of people want to watch over and over again.

* the same critic complaints about writing, acting adn directing will be there agan for the final episode

* Fans can only do so much for a movie

* Movie studios learned this year thatthey dont' have to movie away from Star Wars, or any other big Event picture, so I think Ep 3 will face at least as much competition as Episode 2.

Jedieb
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:01:33 PM
I'd have to throw in with Darth23. While I think that EP3 will outperform AOTC, (for many of the reasons buff stated) I do not think it will break $500M. Do the math and see how ROTJ performed in comparison to ESB and I think you'll have a reasonable estimate for EP3. I think that AOTC will have a great run on DVD, VHS, and cable. I think it will age better than TPM and bring back a few casual movie goers who skipped AOTC because of TPM backlash. But the numbers are only going to go so high. We're never going to see ANH type numbers again. Just enjoy the ride.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:05:52 PM
I don't think it being dark will hurt the kid's.i have heard that AOTC was to dark for kid's but yet I see them coming out of the theaters swining there make believe light sabers just as happy as pig in slop.And kid's today are so into dark thing's dark topic's seem to draw them in ??O_o Plus the one's who are kid's today will be alittle older in 2005.

That's a good point about moving movie's away from a Starwars movie BUT that's what will be so sweet about Ep3 domination,there lack of faith in SW will be there undoing;)

Critic's also will be easier on Episode 3 as they were on Episode 2 compared to episode 1.

True fans can only do so much BUT the new fans can do more,and the general public will be Very curious about Ep3.O course we have three LONG !!!!!!!!!! years to find out :(

BUFFJEDI
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:08:42 PM
Plus the fact that no one expects it to be a smash . It is always the one's you least think will make the HUGE money. Titanic/spiderman/Id4/ EP3

flagg
Jun 13th, 2002, 03:41:15 PM
$500 million is my prediction too, for the following reasons:

1. LAST Star Wars film ever. That will get everyone watching, like the last episode of MASH
2. Best Star Wars film ever (well, we all hope it will be, don't we?)
3. AOTC will create a bigger audience for the next episode, because even though fewer people have seen it, most of those people seem to have enjoyed it. TPM left many disappointed (even though it was still a good film) so that reduced the audience for Episode II. AOTC will have the opposite effect on Episode III, especially after everyone sees the awesome DVD.
4. No Matrix, LOTR or Spidey films to compete with (although they might be something even bigger around then).
5. Inflation!
:D

JMK
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:15:14 PM
Let's not lose sight of the fact that $500M of our money today, is not going to be the $500M 3 years from now.

I also do not think Episode 3 being Dark will hurt it one bit.Look at the world around us ,it’s dark times people are used to it

People go to the movies to escape and to enjoy, not watch a rehash of the crappy times in their lives.
I think it's possible that E3 will make it to $500M, but highly unlikely. Gloomy movies don't tend to attract people in masses that E3 will need to cross $500M.