PDA

View Full Version : Something New

Arriana Daynon
Jun 13th, 2002, 06:00:10 AM
The world was not entirely different from her home world, but still different enough. Especially since she had never left her parent’s house in all her nineteen years. If she wasn’t so fascinated with the landscape and look of her new surroundings, she might have been slightly panicky.

Staring at the Temple’s of the Greater Jedi Order; Arriana found her jaw dropping. She had never seen anything so beautiful and intriguing as what lie before her. In all honesty she had grown up in a closet…

As she stepped towards the entrance she hoped that the Master’s would allow her to seek tutelage in order to become a Jedi.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:26:13 AM
As Arriana stood in sheer awe of where she had found herself, a figure approached from directly infront of her. He wore hideboots and a tunic and cloak of the same hue; doe brown. His attire was all together regal and very formal, though not akin to the stately robes of a Jedi.

"Greetings," he said with a soft bow.

"I am Dasquian Belargic, a Padawan of this Order. Can I be of service, ma'am?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:39:02 PM
The figure of a woman stepped into the light. The shadows seemed to cling to her body, and then suddenly they fled the area. Bringing the hood of her cloak down, she began to approach the newcomer and a good friend of hers.

As she walked, her red robes flowed behind her like the waves of the ocean, and the Garou Warrior braids in her hair swung in time with her steps. The gold coins wove into them clanged together gently until she stopped behind Dasquian. Laying a hand gently on his shoulder, she smiled....revealing her elongated canines.

"Greetings my friend.....and to you, newcomer. I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider. You seek the Jedi, I assume?"

She stepped to the side of Dasquian, who was much taller than she. Smiling up at him, her deep blue eyes searched out those of the woman standing before them. The silver specks in her eyes glistened with curiousity as she waited for her to say something....

Arriana Daynon
Jun 13th, 2002, 06:35:07 PM
She watched each of the Jedi as they appeared before her. At first she just stared at them, mouth ajar, completely giddy at the fact that the distinguished and noble Jedi stood just feet in front of her. She had never seen one before other than in books from the library and this moment gave her great pleasure. They were all she expected them to be - exquisite, intellectual, a seemingly heavenly spirit.

Realizing that each had spoken, she immediately apologized for her rudeness, offering a respectful bow to each. “I…I know I may not seem like much,” she started, referring to the shabby farmers garments upon her body, “but I would give anything to enter and learn amongst the highly respected Jedi of this Order.”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:24:32 PM
Xazor smiled as the woman spoke. She seemed amazed to be in the presence of the Jedi....something she remembered when she first came here. Smiling gently, the Knight stepped from her place beside Dasquian and stopped just a foot and a half from the newcomer. She gently laid both hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

"You have a humble spirit...that is all that is needed to enter through the doors of knowledge here. What has brought you to the Greater Jedi Order this day?"

She questioned gently, knowing that everyone who came here had a reason....or several, for seeking to become a Jedi. The Knight took her hands from the woman's shoulders and eyed her for a moment, thinking about a wonderful set of robes that she owned that would fit her perfectly....once she accepted the woman to the Order, she would offer her the gift...

Arriana Daynon
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:38:56 PM
As the Jedi woman approached her, Arriana couldn’t help but look away. She felt as if she did not deserve such courteous and compassionate treatment from such an esteemed person. Where she came from her family was of peasant stature and she had been brought up honoring those superior to her. She averted her eyes until the woman stepped away, letting the question hang in the balance.

“My family…they sent me here to learn the ways of the Force. I wish to glorify my family name by achieving what they desire. I hope that you might be able to help me…”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 14th, 2002, 07:10:43 AM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently, though she sensed the woman's discomfort.

"Do you also seek to train for your own reasons? Your heart must desire this for yourself..."

She said softly, hoping that the young woman had desired not only to please her family...but to live this life because it is good.....

Arriana Daynon
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:00:36 PM
Arriana dipped her head in the form of a nod. “I do…Not only do I want to rise above the standing of farmer and be known for something great, I wish to help right the wrong. There are so many terrible things in this galaxy, of course nothing that I’ve really witnessed first hand, but I want to aid people. Nothing would give me greater pleasure…”

Xazor Elessar
Jun 14th, 2002, 08:19:12 PM
Xazor smiled gently and placed her hand under the young woman's chin, raising her face up so that their eyes met.

"You have a humble spirit and a good heart...nothing more of you could be asked. I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order...we have a shortage of Masters who are able to train Padawans at the moment....but if you like, you may join the Force class, or just wait patiently for someone to train you. If you like, you may wish to meet some people at Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill, or perhaps you would like to find a room and make yourself at home in the Living Quarters. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.....and know that you always have a friend in me..."

The Knight said softly, smiling at the newest Padawan of the Greater Jedi Order.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:06:06 PM
Dasquian watched and listened as Xazor spoke to the new recruitment, smiling welcomingly all the time at Arriana. He gave a nod to the points Xazor put forward, then spoke.

"If you need any help in finding a room or your way around I'd be glad to help."

Arriana Daynon
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:56:30 PM
Suddenly smiling brightly at hearing she was accepted, Arriana almost jumped at Xazor to hug her, but caught herself. "I thank you! You have been most helpful and incredibly generous to myself. I will take advantage of those classes until a Master is available and willing to instruct." She gracefully bowed, and then stepped back, turning to address Dasquian. "I thank you as well! I could use perhaps a tour of this wonderful place? Or just help finding a room?" Her eyes shown brightly towards him and then quickly faded as she realized she shouldn't have asked such things of him so soon. "I'm sure you are much too busy to give tours, I can find my way."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 15th, 2002, 07:43:29 PM
Xazor smiled brightly at the new Padawan's eagerness.

"Dasquian would be glad to show you around....please take her to the Living Quarters and perhaps to Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. Thank you my friend. I must leave now....but may the Force be with both of you....."

She said softly, bowing to both of them before slipping off into the shadows...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:42:59 AM
Dasquian gave a bow of respect to Xazor as she departed, then looked back to Arriana.

"I can assure you that I am not at all busy, mi'lady, and would be glad to give you the grand tour of the Order. Perhaps first we should find you a room in the living quarters, as Lady Xazor stated?"

He turned and smiled somewhat, gesturing towards the door.

Arriana Daynon
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:48:30 AM
Arriana smiled once again, glad that Dasquian would indeed be able to show her around. “A place to stay would be a grand start…” She looked down at her hands, vacant of any personal bags. “It should not be hard unpacking.” In light of the reality of her being poor, the smile remained on her face and would for days to come. “Please, lead the way, sir.”

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:20:09 AM
"Follow me," he said with a nod, pushing open the doorway into the academy grounds (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20124).