PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Identity!

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:04:38 AM
This film is going to rock. I cannot wait to see it Friday.

My dad said the book is great, even though he thinks the author is not that wonderful (he thinks most of his books are too similar). He says this is his best book though.

Variety's review is glowing! If that's not an A review, uhh, ok then I guess I wouldn't know one when I saw it.

"...a first-rate thriller..."

"Acting is unusually fine for this sort of genre piece. Damon, for one, has never been this good."

"...romance is given credible texture..."

"tight and dense script by Tony Gilroy and William Blake"

"Techno-slanted score by John Powell is tremendously propulsive"

There is not ONE single bad thing said of this film in the entire review. The closest to criticism is saying that the director cuts the action off after each kick or hit, "resulting in disjointed coverage that hides much of what's happening." It isn't even written as criticism in context, lol.

Man I cannot wait to see this movie, looks awesome.

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:42:23 PM
Ya know this was about the only thread I could find on this flick. Well I saw this today *finally* at the discount theatre(obviously it wasn't high up on my list).

Anyways, I thought "Bourne" was really, really good. An exteremely intelligent thriller. Damon was fantastic...and the rest of the cast was above average for a thriller. The film moved along at a nice clip and some of the action sequences were really exciting.

Overall MUCH better than I expected.

Nupraptor
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:47:27 PM
Have you seen the Long Kiss Goodnight? If so, is this movie as similar as it seems?

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:52:40 PM
Hmmm, similar protagonists, but I never drew any comparisons to the 2 movies, and I'm a HUGE LKG fan. I would say the The Long Kiss Goodnight is more "fun" while The Bourne Identity is much more of a thriller.

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:59:49 PM
Yeah, similar protaganists, but I liked "Bourne" ALOT more.

But that's just me.

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:11:14 PM
I think in the end I like Bourne alot more too. There are some awfully cheesy moments in LKG, and Bourne has such cool style, like Ronin. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:55:51 AM
My wife loved "Bourne" That says a bit, she's picky in her film tastes

ReaperFett
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:27:42 AM
I loved it too. Had the right mixture of action and plot.

And hey, Mini car chase :)

Leeloo Mina
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:46:21 AM
It didn't look very intresting to me.. So I haven't seen it yet.. Maybe I'll pick it up on video some day in the future.

JonathanLB
Nov 7th, 2002, 06:36:28 AM
I loved The Bourne Identity. One of the best thrillers/action movies I saw this year so far. I gave it 3.5 stars

http://www.jlbmovies.com/BourneIdentity.shtml

CMJ
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:51:06 AM
Nice review Jonathan...

Master Yoghurt
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:09:39 AM
Bourne is a good movie