PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason why Episode III won't beat Titanic :)

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:09:00 AM
Jar Jar is going to narrate all of Episode III! Yes, it's true, read the newest Star Wars Insider.

Haha, I'm just kidding. Man don't anyone have a heart attack here. :) lol. That would be so awful. I'm not a Jar Jar basher at all, but jesus it would be lame to have a Star Wars movie narrated out of the blue, by anyone, let alone frickin' Jar Jar.

Still, I know one "Ultimate Edition" change I really want to see. After Luke is obviously thinking that just because Yoda is small, he really is not capable, I want to see Yoda pull out his lightsaber and just start trashing Luke's whiney @$$! :) No mortal wounds, just a few papercuts here and there, haha.

Lady Vader
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:15:36 AM
:lol!!!

Jedieb
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:42:13 PM
Trashing the farmboy. What a wannabe SW fan. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:47:03 PM
:lol

I sense a flame war:D

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:56:32 PM
Nah Luke is the man, but he still needs to be shown what a REAL Jedi can do with a lightsaber! :)

Jedieb
Jun 13th, 2002, 03:08:02 PM
He's my favorite next to yoda. So a little ribbing was in order. buff, of course Jon knows I'm KIDDING!

Anyway, everybody whines at that age. You whine about not being able to go hang out with your friends and then you stomp out the door and stare at the twin suns. Didn't EVERYBODY do that? :D

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:10:26 PM
Yes, everyone does that. I have done that too, EB, but the only time I see "twin suns" looking at the sky is when I'm drunk :(

JMK
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:16:10 PM
Dude you get piss-tanked during the day? You need help!

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:42:58 PM
It was a joke, of course not. I have never even once had anything to drink during the day. I do not drink much anyways, so of course not during the day. ;)

Plus, underage drinking is illegal, and I'm an ethical, upstanding citizen. ;) lol.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:30:51 PM
wink wink?

Hmmm.... :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 05:41:03 PM
Well I didn't drink at all until I was nearly 19, 18 and like 9 months. I'm not saying it is legal, but I'm not going to say it's wrong either.

I don't do anything because it is a law or isn't a law. I don't have any respect for laws, I have respect for common sense. The reason I don't go around killing people is not because there is a law against it!!! It's because it is WRONG. Hurting other people is NOT ok. Even if it were legal, that wouldn't make any difference to me. Same goes with obeying traffic signals. It just makes sense. The streets would be chaos if everyone just simply ignored the traffic laws, so I follow them because they are logical. However, if they put a speed 40 sign on a straightaway that is basically two lanes wide but only one actual lane (ahem, like a few areas near my house), you're dang right I'm going 55 to 60 on it. It is safe driving. Only reason I wouldn't do that is if there is a cop around, but I know that area, there are no cops there usually, lol. Plus with my luck there is generally someone in front of me obeying the law, stupid suckas! :)

I think probably 85% of the time, speed limits are set to "safe driving" logical, natural laws. So if I were going whatever speed I wanted, I wouldn't be going any faster anyway. Like the turns around here getting to Evergreen. Speed is 40, you cannot go faster than 40 while driving safely. Heck I was going 40 and I still had a major accident, so it's just unsafe going any faster. Most of the time, the speed limits just make sense, so if you are under control and driving safely you shouldn't even worry about the law, just "trust your feelings!" :)

So do I think drinking is wrong if you are 18? No, I don't think that, and whether or not it's a law I never will think 18-year-olds shouldn't be able to drink. If you can die for your country, you can vote, and you can smoke cigarettes, you can drink. Whether or not the law agrees really doesn't matter to me because I can get alcohol easily, law or not.

I have great respect for common sense and right and wrong. I have no respect for stupid laws. There are still laws that say things like, "In the state of Maine, you cannot take a bath with your clothes off." It's one of those states, that is actually a law. Do I care? No. I don't follow any law that I think is unreasonable or unjust, nor should anyone else. Trying to help society be a working system is important, so obeying most laws is pretty darn important, but then again most laws are just obvious. If you have any common sense you should have an easy time following them.

I don't think 15 and 16 or even 17 year olds should be drinking, though, and I never had anything when I was those ages either. I don't think they can handle alcohol and I think it's too dangerous for people that young to be consuming alcohol. 18, however, is legal in every other country in the world basically. You can drive at 16, and drink at 21? Man that scares me.

For the record, there is no way I think 16-year-olds should be driving either. I started at 18, and I don't mind that other people drive at 16 because it's in compliance with the laws and whatnot, so it's not like I think, "Those idiots!" But still, I don't agree that 16-year-olds are capable of driving safely. They cause too many accidents and are too irresponsible. 18 should be the age for a license, 16 is a good age for a permit I think though. As long as there is an adult in the car that's fine, but these 16's get in the car and have all of their friends there and get distracted and cause problems for the rest of the drivers on the road. They also are too rebellious. "Red? Screw that! I'm going through it because I feel like it." Ugg.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:13:42 PM
Kids these days. *sigh* When I was a young whippersnapper we knew what respect was! And we had it! By the buckets!

Don't get me started on the walk to and from school in the snow...40 miles! Uphill, BOTH ways! Kids...don't got no respect for anything these days. Don't know what a hard days work is, either.

:grumble

:lol

ReaperFett
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:16:07 PM
you're not that old, stop lying ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:20:48 PM
Yeah, riiiiight! LOL.

I'm only three years younger 'member?! ;)

When I was a kid, tickets were $3 for matinee and $6 for evenings. Ahh, the good old days.

Jedieb
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:29:18 PM
The drinking age got bumped up from 18 to 21 while I was in HS. STUPID LAWS!!! But I have to agree with Jon. If I was old enough to be in Basic Training, then somebody was giving me a beer damnit!

JonathanLB
Jun 13th, 2002, 08:09:38 PM
That is pretty stupid, bumped it up right then, dang.

That reminds me, my cousin's class (he is older) was the last one that did NOT need a required second language in high school. Grr... I really don't think foreign languages should be required. I am just not going to use French now ever again, so all of the time I spent on it is wasted entirely.

JMK
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:43:34 PM
I knew you were kidding Jon, I just forgot to add my requisite smiley. ;)

But, let me tell you, you don't know where you'll end up in life, so having a second language is one of the biggest favors you can do for yourself. What an asset it is.

JonathanLB
Jun 14th, 2002, 12:04:15 AM
I have just forgotten most of my French anyway, so it really is not of much use at this point. I don't intend to learn another language, no time for that, just too many other things that are vastly more useful.