PDA

View Full Version : Guilty as charged...? First blood. (OPEN)

SashaKovalev
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:33:54 PM
(ooc: anyone feel free to join - for whatever reason...)

When he'd asked about traveling, it had been suggested to him that he not go alone. Not during his first few months of training, at least. It had been suggested that he go with a master, or another Sith of experience.

But he had also been told that he could go alone, as well, so long as he did them the courtesy of leaving a message. So he had left a message, and he had come back to the cantina he had frequented once before.

It was quiet there this day, with the exception of a few locals who had been playing cards over at a nearby table.

He was an easy target for them, an eighteen year old kid, and so they'd asked him to play with them. Money was money to them - no matter where it came from.

He knew he probably should have declined. The gamblers were clearly devoid of morals, but instead he'd taken the chance. It wasnt that he needed the money. Certainly, the extra credits would have been great, but he'd always gotten by on very little, and had no reason to change his ways. It was more that he had always played cards with his friends back home, and perhaps he was a bit nostalgic for those good old days.

He still carried only a blaster, and to a non force user, it wouldnt have been noticable that he was a sith. Eventually, perhaps, he would be trained to use a lightsaber. Until then, he would have to get by on the bits and pieces he knew of the force, and his blaster.

He'd never killed anyone. Not with that blaster, not at all. and he hadnt entered the cantina this day with the lust to kill. It just seemed that this was the fated day.

They played hand after hand, and he knew they were cheating. Knew they were conspiring together. And so, though it wasnt exactly fair in return, he'd used his abilities to try to read their thoughts. He rationalized it to himself as training. It wasnt cheating, it was training. This was something he had to practice.

And it had helped him win a hand or two or...perhaps too many. He felt it ahead of time. He hadnt even seen it, but he'd been wary of it the entire game. He could feel the man across from him slowly reach for his blaster, and so he had reached for his. And he had fired without a second thought, bringing a swift end to the life of another. He was outnumbered, and in his mind, there was no choice. This man wanted to kill him.

And so didnt the other two. A jedi, perhaps, wouldnt have killed, but would have disarmed, or prevented further harm. But he wasnt a jedi. He was a Sith. An impressionable young apprentice.

(ooc: feel free to kill off the other two, disarm them, torture them... whatever... ;) )

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:55:24 PM
Live Wire had a knack of finding herself in the right place at the right time. But this wasn't one of those times. She hadn't intended to let the new apprentice know that he was being trailled but he seemed to have gotten himself into a situation. She had lurked outside blending into the surroundings as only an experienced force user could until she sensed the trouble in the bar. Sasha had quickly killed the first man and she stepped into the doorway just in time to see the first shot.

Looking unsure of his actions LW ignited her yellow saber and moved quickly to his side. In one swift movement she took off the right arm of the first man and turning gracefully ran the other one through with her saber. With a shocked look the body slumped and slid off her saber to the floor. The first man had passed out from the shock and pain of losing his arm. When he woke up he would have learned a valuable lesson.

Removing the hood from around her face she turned to the apprentice. "That is why we reccomend that you not travel alone."

SashaKovalev
Jun 12th, 2002, 03:17:10 PM
He was fortunate that he had been followed. He was quick enough for the first one, and maybe he would have had the second, but the third would have done him in for sure. He just didnt have the experience he needed just yet - and calling on the force, while it was coming more naturally, did not come without effort.

She had been swift, and he'd had time only to move out of the way as she'd made her move. As he picked himself up off the floor, his protector pulled her hood away from her face.

Instantly, his violet eyes cast to the floor as Lady Live Wire spoke. She wasnt scolding him necesarily, but he understood the meaning behind them. He was still an apprentice. Very much so, and he had a lot to learn.

He opened his mouth the speak and then closed it again. when he finally dared to look at her again, his cheeks were flushed slightly with shame. Although he hadnt disobeyed any rules, he hadnt exactly followed them as well as he should have.

"I...I understand." He replied quietly. His violet eyes then glanced over at the aftermath of the scene. Two bodies lay dead, a third dying, as the blood flowed freely from him in his knocked out state. And one of them - the death of one of them -was his fault. His hand came to rest on a chair, unconsciously to steady him on his feet.

He had never killed before, and while this had been in defense, it was something altogether new to him.

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2002, 03:38:41 PM
The other patrons in the bar had cast wary gazes at her if there were any friends of the dead and injured men present they were wisely silent. Everyone in the bar had turned back to their drinks and it was noticably quieter then before she had made her entrance.

Dragging the man who was still alive out by the one arm he had left she kicked him in the side and threw him up against the wall. Only once they were outside of the bar did she deactivate her saber. Slowly the man regained conciousness and groaned in pain. Seeing the lightsaber that was now back on her belt he winced. No one who valued their life messed with a sith especially LW and it was sinking into him that he had messed with the wrong kid.

She had sensed that Sasha's actions were weighing on his mind. While he had killed the man instinctively he had not done it out of anger but out of defense and he had hesitated before taking action on the other two men.

"This man was a fool. He doesnt deserve to live." She unclipped her saber from her belt and handed it to Sasha once she thumbed off the print and dna scanner. "Kill him."

Gav Mortis
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:52:29 PM
"Do not assume the position of judge, jury and executioner; it is easy to take life without thought but unless you can give life to those deserving of it, then stay your hand." The voice, calm and eloquent came from beside Sasha and Live Wire.

Just as he began speaking, Gav had activated his weapon and now the humming, black lightsaber blade was held ominously before the wounded man, still in defiance.

This was Gav's second encounter with Sasha, the first time he had not informed him that he was one of the council members of the Order in which he was an apprentice, he hadn't even revealed to him that he was a Sith. He was curious to see how this situation would be resolved.

He stood facing the apprentive and a fellow council member, holding his right arm outstretched to his side, wielding his weapon in defence of the victimised patron of the canteena. His looks were subtle and calm, he looked neither angry nor irritated, he had no need to be, for the time-being. But this was the first time he had done something like this, and it would not be the last.

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:22:10 PM
*Just as Gav had come up from behind LW and Sasha, LV came up from behind him as he moved to place his saber before the fallen man.*

*She eyed Gav, shaking her head slightly, and then moved to stand beside Sasha.*

Remember my words, young one.

*She looked to the man with the now missing arm, trembling against the wall, before looking back at Sasha.*

Look at him. Is he worth it for you to exert energy? No. He is not worth your effort, nor is he worthy of your pity. Safe your energy for that which gives you purpose, for that which deserves death by a lightsaber.

*She looked up to LW.*

It is best if the Apprentice's first kill has purpose.

*She looked back at the man.*

This one is not worthy of our attention. He's not even one worthy of the history books.

Malice Draclau
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:36:46 PM
Through the talking, the man with one arm began to choke. Those experienced enough, and Sasha too mabye could sense what was happening. The man was being choked to death. In a matter of seconds the man lay dead now, no life in his body, no air in his lungs. His painful exsistance had been quieted. Walking out of the bar stood a figure hidden under a white cloak. Pulling back his hood it was revealed that Malice had killed the man. He walked and stood next to LW his former master, giving all four a them a nod of his head for respect.

*Wise words Mistress Vader, but then again were you willing to let this man stay like that. Death was the only means of retribution for him. His friends earned it.......and so did he*

A small gleam in his eyes now appeared. Malice looked up at Gave, neither mocking him nor fearing him.

*There is no more need for your saber Master Gav, the man is dead, all is done*

Malice now stood silent,waiting to hear from one of them.

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:54:38 PM
Live Wire turned to her apprentice and smiled. Through the force she sent LV a message. I would appreciate it if you not question me openly like that.

Gav's words had puzzled her as well as creating a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. To come to the defense of someone who had attacked a member of TSO was not in his character. But now was not the time to dwell upon that.

"Malice you are quite right. The man deserved his fate and now it is finished. "

She clipped her saber back on her belt and drew her hood back over her face. She hopped the apprentice was not overwhelmed by the sudden showing of so many members of tso. One person trailing him was probably unnerving enough but having three council members and a knight appear out of nowhere could be overwhelming.

"It seems you are unharmed sasha. Next time please be more careful. You wont have someone around to save you all of the time"

Alera Starreyes
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:17:17 PM
"Indeed," A clear, melodic voice said softly, but loud enough to be heard. A young woman in a midnight blue cloak stepped from the shadows. "though if the man deserved his fate is... questionable." Her ice blue eyes flickered with sorrow. If only she'd gotten there sooner... perhaps there was something she could have done... but the past could not be changed. The young woman, whose name was Alera, brushed a few strands of dark hair from her eyes. "Myself, I doubt it seriously. Few truly deserve to die."

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:25:21 PM
*LV raised an eyebrow at LW. She had meant no questioning. All she had wanted was to prevent any sort of confrontaion between the Sith, especially with Gav acting the way he was.*

*Her face settled into an unemotional state, bowing to those present. Then, without a word, she turned and left to enter the bar across the street.*

Malice Draclau
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:41:43 PM
Malice stared at the new lady that had come. She was unfamiliar to him, though through the force he could sense something light about her, goodness. His attention was diverted as Lady Vader decided to leave. He bowed to her in respect before turning back to the newcomer. His waist length white hair flowing down his back.

*Tell me miss, who are you?*

Gav Mortis
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:44:10 PM
"That was not the man who attacked you, Sasha."

That was all Gav had to say on that matter. For a moment he was still then casually deactivated his weapon and started to attatch it back onto his belt with some difficulty. Externally he maintained his calm, controlled demeaner, a facade to say the least. On the inside he was furious, it actually hurt to hold himself back this time - he wanted to rip each limb from Malice's body - but as ever, all these raging emotions were buried so deep that only one person in the group would sense them. He dared not meet her gaze.

It was a frightful feeling, knowing full well that she could read him like a book, he was fully aware that she could feel his anger, his sadness, his lust, his passion and his love. It was like he was standing naked right before her, she could feel everything and he liked it. Some sort of pleasure he received in knowing that there were some things he could not control. He knew her and she knew him. This he had grown to accept.

"None of you are entitled to take this man's life. you are all much more powerful than him and to stoop as low as taking his life, only proves ones cowardice. Preying on the weak to try and convince yourselves of your own self-proclaimed supremecy. It is a sickening sight, it must be said." His eyes maintained the calm front as before, scanning those in attendance, still fumbling with the metal cylinder in his hands, trying to attatch it to his belt, "This is not the way of the Sith. Sith are not blood hungry, barbaric fools, it seems sanity needs to be restored to our Order, before we start killing our own. Which is wha--"

Suddenly he jumped as he lost his grip of his lightsaber and falling to the floor it landed on it's side and suddenly the dark blade sprung forth, headed straight in the direction of Malice's feet.

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:50:30 PM
*LV had barely just crossed the street, when her senses errupted into a warning. She quickly turned to see the saber falling to the ground, the blade coming forth to sever Malices foot from his leg.*

*With a flick of her wrist, the blade angled downward as it continued to spring forth, the blade slicing into the ground and "sitting"on it's hilt. There it hummed, the blade in the ground, the hilt sticking out.*

*She felt it had been an accident on Gav's part, but she was not sure whether Malice would take it as such. Never the less, no harm had come to either Sith.*

*Sighing, she lowerd her hand back inside her cloak, and turned, disapearing into the cantina.*

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:59:14 PM
It was obvious that Gav was avoiding looking at her. But even if he wouldnt meet her steady gaze she could sense everything running through his mind. Suddenly she felt very uncomfortable because she knew the others didn't sense what she did. Suddenly the lightsaber was slipping from Gav's grasp before anyone could react she sensed LV through the force taking action. Her heart was racing as she saw the hilt of the saber sticking from the ground. That had been a close call.

Using the force she deactivated it and called it too her hand. Walking over to Gav she forced him to look at her as she handed it back to him.

"Be careful...accidents like that can be deadly"

She had said it to calm the situation and when Gav's eyes finally met hers a chill ran down her spine. While she said accident she wasn't sure if she believed it. The look in Gav's eyes said he knew that she suspected him. Through the force she told him We need to talk later

They hadn't been on the best of terms lately but LW decided she could no longer put of confronting him. Turning away from him she walked back to Sasha and Malice. I dont know about the two of you but I don't think I like the atmosphere around here right now.

Malice Draclau
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:02:43 PM
Malice was quick to move, jumping back to try and avoid the deadly black blade. Though from behind Lady Vader had intervened and saved him from a possible foot loss. Reaching out through the force he spoke to Lady Vader.

*I thank you mistress.....and i shall keep your words of wisdom at heart, you know about not taking life so carelessly*

Malice then turned to Gav, his experession still the same as it was before.

*I trust it was an accident Master Gav. But as for me killing him to show my supremecy, i have no need. I am comfortable and confident in myself and am willing to face anyone, but given the chance this man woud have most certainly attacked Sasha. If it hadent been for Master Live Wire then he and his friends would have had their way with him*

*We are not all insane, just causious and wary for one another. If one ould try and kill a brethren of yous, i'm sure you would not let him live. Wether you want to admit it or not, you are a sith and had once belonged at TSO, shared the same beliefs, the same ideas, What had changed in you i do not know. But i believe that is the cause of which is making you act like this*

Malice backed away once again standing by LW. He felt no anger for Gav, just confusion. Why was this great sith acting this way. He had never seen another sith act as such and it puzzled him. Hopefully LW would have something to say about this.

Alera Starreyes
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:17:40 PM
Alera spoke to the one who had asked her name through the Force. -My name is Alera Starreyes... former Jedi Knight.- Her eyes reflected sadness. -I'm no Sith... but it was... best... that I left.- The young woman remained still as she waited to see what events would unfold.

Malice Draclau
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:51:49 PM
Malice coudn't help but grin as the woman stated who she was. He replied back to her through the force.

(A former jedi knight. Well then tell me, what do you call yourself now. Or better yet why don't we talk this over a few drinks)

While he waited for an answer from the girl, Malice looked at LW.

*I agree Mistress. It is not the best of times to be here at this moment. Perhaps we shall meet again on better terms*

Malice turned to leave but then looked at Alera.

(Care to join me. My offer still stands)

He spoke again through the force.

Alera Starreyes
Jun 13th, 2002, 03:58:59 AM
Alera hesitated, then replied. -I'll come.- She turned to follow Malice. She stopped for a moment, wanting to say something to the boy, but she wasn't quite sure what she could say. She sighed and walked beside Malice.

SashaKovalev
Jun 13th, 2002, 09:10:06 AM
He had watched as she'd draged the man outside. Followed sullenly, still unhappy with himself for the situtation.

Kill him she had ordered. and she'd handed him her lightsaber. Every muscle in his body had tensed at that moment. This was what he had been afraid of.

He had hesitated, and in that moment, another had appeared. It was the same man he'd met in the jedi bar. The very one who had told him he would one day become a madman if he continued down the path he had chosen. And this one was telling him not to kill. He knew nothing of Gav, who he was, what he was, but he knew LW and he knew he was to follow her command.

He was fortunate in the fates this day it seemed, for Gav would have made quick work of the kid had he actually followed through with the command he'd been given. But there was no need. Lady Vader had intervened, and within moments, Malice had finshed off the job.

He hung his head slightly with LW's words to be more careful, as there would not always be someone around to save him. These words bothered him, for they reminded him that he was not yet capable of taking care of himself completely. They also seemed to tell him, in his own mind, that he was a burden on the others until he was capable. And this was something he did not want to be.

His violet eyes glanced up at Gav as the man reminded him that the dead guy in front of them hadnt been the one to attack him. The confusion and surprise were evident on his face as the next few events of the saber and hearing that Gav had once been a member of TSO unfolded. He stood quietly, staying out of it all, for he was an apprentice, and frankly, he was lucky to be alive.

In the end, he was left standing there with Gav and LW as LV, Malice, and Alera disappeared into the cantina.

He looked to LW.

"I'm sorry." He apologized quietly, somehow feeling that much of the conflic that had taken place was a result of his thoughtless actions in the first place.

"I wasnt trying to cause trouble or be a burden on anyone." He added.

Live Wire
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:20:54 PM
Senses still attune to Gav's presence and thoughts she gently placed a hand on Sasha's shoulder to reassure him. This incident wasn't his entire fault there were things going on that he did not understand or see yet. In fact LW wasn't sure if she fully grasped the meaning of everything that had just transpired.

"You're not a burden, Sasha. The situation just got a little complicated is all. That’s why we're here. It's the job of the masters and knights to keep an eye on the apprentice's. Don't trouble yourself about it. The matter is closed now.”

She smiled at him reassuringly from underneath the hood of her cloak. No doubt he was confused as events had unfolded quickly but she was sure that after he calmed down he’d be all right. The others had gone into another bar across the street. LW could feel LV’s ever-watchful presence and she was grateful that “big sis” was watching over her and the others.

Turning back to Gav she spoke taking care to keep her voice neutral. “Will you be joining us for the rest of the day or shall I see you back at the Palace?” Underneath the folds of her cloak she was wringing her hands together nervously. She needed some kind out outlet and that was the most inconspicuous thing she could do. She knew Gav would pick up on her true state of mind but she felt it important to give the impression that she was in control in front of Sasha. Besides she wasn’t entirely sure that this wasn’t a personal matter between her and Gav.

Malice Draclau
Jun 13th, 2002, 02:19:07 PM
Malice looked at Alera and nodded his head. He could sense a bit of hesitation on her part.

*Do not worry about the boy he will be fine. LW and LV are there to watch over him. Now come, let us get away from this hectic spot. I know of another bar further down the street. For some reason this town is littered with bars and cantina's*

The two began to walk away from the group.

OOC: I have started another thread for u. Didn't want to overrun this thread and all.

SashaKovalev
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:50:20 AM
Her hand on his shoulder and her reassuring smile were enough for him to at least move on and accept that she wasnt unhappy with him. But still, there was an odd feeling to the air around them. He couldnt pin it to anything - perhaps it was only the events that had unfolded, and he was still a bit shaken.

He knew nothing of Gav and Live Wire - what they had had, or still had - but the awkward silence made it quite obvious that there was some sort of tension between them for whatever reason.

He didnt really want to go back into the cantina - too much had gone on there for him to want to head back in just yet, but after what had happened, he planned to stick to the rules - traveling only with a master or one with experience. And something told him he should leave Gav and LW to themselves for a while -so his only choice, really, was to return to the scene of the crime.

He looked to LW.

"I'll be inside with Lady Vader." He suggested, and after one last look at the dead man lying on the street near them, he slipped back inside the cantina, leaving Gav and LW.

Live Wire
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:36:32 AM
She felt sorry for sasha being thrown into the middle of an internal conflict that shouldn't even be taking place. She didn't know what in the hell Gav was thinking he was doing but she didn't like it.

Nodding in acknowledgement of what Sasha said she watched him walk back into the bar. She knew he'd be safe with Lady Vader, she wouldn't let any harm come to him. It seemed the entire situation was over as quickly as it had begun but it had raised some unfinished business.

Part of her wanted to express her anger at Gav but they had been down that road and it didn't lead anywhere she wanted to go. She had just now come to accept while their relationship was somewhat up in the air that she loved him and was connected to him in a way that neither one of them could fully explain. It was the way it had always been with them and they accepted it.

She made no move towards Gav but just looked at him. Her gaze spoke volumes that only he would understand. "We need to talk"