PDA

View Full Version : Asylum

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:16:59 PM
One foot, then the other, Emily moved along the top of a wall, her hands stretched out to the sides to keep be balance. Her eyes were dismal, concentrated, for a rare moment as she began to topple over, quickly crouching, and then sitting on the wall. She leaned back on her hands and turned her head up to the sky, her feet absently kicking at the air.

She flinched slightly, her head jerking around as a click was heard over the stone street that ran in front of the condemned building. She grinned with hope for amusement, leaping down to land behind a collection of moldy boxes, peering out to spy on whatever was drawing near.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:21:42 PM
Places like this made him curious. It wasn't that he was drawn to them by some unspeakable force, or that he felt a calling from an unknown siren, it was just that he liked them. Abandoned buildings never had many people living around them, and rats made their homes there. Little rats to be played with.

Salem bent down onto one knee and scooped up a rodent in his palm. A slight smirk came over him as he watched the creature twitch its nose. Then, with the simplest of gestures, he snapped its neck and slipped its body within the folds of his jacket.

"You sss-houldn't spy on people," he said aloud, to no one in particular.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:25:57 PM
"You shouldn't keep dead things in your pocket.. They start to rot and then they're no fun."

Emily stood from her seclusion, a pout visible on her face. She jumped up and over the boxes, walking over to the man. Her tongue poked out at him before she tilt her head again, her eyes gleaming with intrest. She reached her hand up and tapped a finger to his nose.

"I know you!"

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:28:37 PM
The pale face remained indifferent.

"No you don't."

Tiny pin-point fangs overhung his bottom lip as he parted it from the upper to speak, head tilting downwards to get a better look at the girl.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:31:21 PM
"Do too.."

Emily stood a little taller, her arms dropping to fold below her chest as she shook a lock of hair from her face.

"You were there with the rude man that had the pretty white toy."

She turned around, taking a few steps over the street before she spun back to face him.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:34:22 PM
"You have sss-een me, that isss all. Do you even know my name?"

His solid ebony eyes shrunk somewhat as he squinted at her.

"Emily."

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:37:20 PM
Emily scuffed her feet against the ground for a moment, sighing as if she were in trouble. After a moment, she walked back over to Salem and sat down, stretching her head to look up at him.

"Maybe you could tell it to me!"

The fact that he had spoken her name without her ever mentioning it didn't seem to phase her. She was far to intrested in the black-eyed man by now to pay attention to anything else.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:42:21 PM
"It i-sss Salem. Sssalem Ave," he replied, head canting further downwards to see the now sitting girl.

He closed his eyes, and slipped his taloned hands into the deep pockets of his worn old jacket.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:48:38 PM
Giggling with a pleased smile, Emily jumped back onto her feet. She leaned toward Salem, studying his face, her golden-red eyes peering up at his own ebony pools. She touched his cheek for a moment before pulling back with a sudden thought.

"Salem likes rats..!"

Her hands grabbed his left arm, pulling his hand from his pocket as she tugged hard at him, dragging him towards a building. She kept a tight hold of his sleeve while pushing down a beaten door and running through. Room after deserted room was filled with little more than decaying litter and cobwebs, until the wooden floor turned into bloodied dirt, a pile of rats, among other animals, slumped in the corner.

Emily giggled again with delight and looked up at Salem silently.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:53:09 PM
He looked at the pile of corpses and was reminded of home. Not literal home, but his room at the HQ of the Empire; filled with shells of animals he'd toyed or experimented with.

"It appearrrs that Emily doe-sss too."

One thin black eyebrow rose partially on his face as he looked at the tiny massacre.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:56:42 PM
"They wanted to play... Then they got sleepy."

Emily shrugged lightly, releasing the sleeve as she walked forward and sat down on the damp floor, her arms lifting up a small cat that seemed to be missing three of its paws. She cradled the cat for a minute, then tossed aside and flopped backwards, peering up at Salem with a twisted, childish grin.

"What is Salem..?"

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:59:51 PM
"Jussst wonderrring why you have them herrre, that's all."

He turned and looked around in the darkness, making a thoughtful noise to himself.

"Do you live herrre, Emily?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:04:30 PM
"Don't live anywhere.."

For a moment, Emily almost looked hurt; whether it was about his question, or her own being ignored, was unclear. She rolled over, her red, dirtied dress slipping up around her waist for a moment before she stood, looking at Salem with a light, almost determined grin.

"What is Salem?"

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:06:17 PM
"Dead,"

Salem replied immeadiately without directing attention to Emily. Noticing a pause after his words he turned to look down to her, the hollows around his eyes gaunt in the lucid moonlight that bled through the windows above.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:10:14 PM
Emily peered up at him for a long minute in silence, her attitude suddenly seeming to fit her age. She pressed a pale hand to his cheek, barely taking notice to the cold, her thumb brushing over his own chalky flesh.

"How can Salem be dead when he's standing right here? Dead people are always asleep.."

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:12:26 PM
One hand rose and grasped Emily's wrist, pulling it downwards onto his chest. Normally, where it was placed, a thump would resound from beneath the ribcage as the heart forced blood through-out the body. In Salem this did not exist.

"A walking corrr-pssse is what Sssalem is."

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:15:27 PM
Curiousity wormed its way back into the sparks of Emily's eyes as she kept a steady gaze on him. Her wrist squirmed slightly and jerked away as she murmured a small, dismal sentence.

"I want to be dead, too."

She tilt her head slightly and smiled up at Salem.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:17:17 PM
He shook his head lightly, back and forth, with a gruff murmur.

"No you don't," he stammered.

"... You have no job," he plucked out of no where.

"How do you sss-urvive?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:20:04 PM
"I don't understand.."

Emily blinked a bit, breaking her stare on Salem. She shrugged a bit and folded her arms behind her back, pacing absently around the room.

"Why would I need a job to survive, when I just survive off of people?"

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:21:15 PM
A smirk formed on his snakeish lips.

"Sssurvive off of people? And how do you do that?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:30:11 PM
"They go to sleep and I take what I need from them..."

Her thin shoulders shrugged almost helplessly as she continued wandering around the small room, her eyes wandering about the floor.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:32:44 PM
"... You arrre a ssstrange one."

This said he began to walk away from Emily slowly, hands slipping back into his pockets.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:35:01 PM
Emily stopped, midstep, lifting her head as she looked at Salem with a hurt expression. She frowned softly, her firey eyes burning brightly towards him.

"Salem isn't normal either."

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:38:06 PM
The Sith stopped and looked back, nodding. He stood staring for a moment, then looked away.

"I'm going to pick up sss-omething to eat. Yourrr welcome to come," he said before starting to walk.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:41:04 PM
Emily watched him leave before turning away and slipping through a broken window. She climbed up the stone wall, her fingers breaking into each rock. Her eyes darted around before spotting the man and she creapt along the rooftops after him with a faint grin.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:43:32 PM
He strode along the alleyway by the warehouse out into the open street. People seemed to avoid him, yet beggars still tugged at his trouser cuffs to try and get a few credits. He ignored them still though, walking on slowly. He'd expected her not to follow, and she hadn't. Thankfully.

Another rat scooped up into his hand and he sank his teeth into the fur, draining it before tossing away the body.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:49:50 PM
Emily moved from roof to roof, being wary of decaying wood. She never lost sight of Salem, and when he were to disappear from her view, it only encouraged her to follow, to watch him.

Her game of secrecy was doomed, however. She leapt over the street, her feet falling just barely short of the next building. If she were to grab it and climb up, she was sure to be caught. Instead, Emily let herself fall, scurrying into an alley with her fot jutting out in an odd direction.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:51:26 PM
The clatter to the right caused him to look away from another 'take away meal' into the shadows. He'd been able to feel her for a few minutes now, but he humoured her by pretending he had no idea that she was there. Edging into the shadows a few paces he squinted and tried to look as unknowing as possible.

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:55:49 PM
Emily curled into the seclusion of the alley, her fingers clutched around her ankle as she bit down on her lip to silence herself. Her brow furrowed into a glare as she blinked back fierce tears, letting out short, quick breaths to keep herself from crying.

Salem Ave
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:58:26 PM
The pain that he sensed from her was choking in its amounts - she must had injured herself whilst following him. Discarding the withered body of a small animal, he peered into the shadows further, picking out details and shapes. He could see Emily, but not very clearly.

"What have you hurrrt?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:05:03 PM
Emily's head shot up as she stared into the street. She scooted further into the alley and pressed her fingers hard against her ankle, feeling about it for a minute. She flinched only slightly, upon reaching the snapped bone and slide both of her hands around her leg. Taking in a deep breath, her hands jerked back, resulting in a grinding crack as the thin bone was shoved back into place.

Emily grasped the wall and used it to drag herself up, wandering stiffly to the mouth of the alley.

"I'm fine, Salem."

Salem Ave
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:01:16 AM
With remarkable accuracy he pointed out the point of pain.

"Therrre."

Then shrugged a little.

"You sss-hould come with me ... I can sss-ort it out," he hissed, eyes lowering to give him an even more malevolent appearance.

Emily Rochette
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:18:59 AM
Nodding slowly, Emily pushed from the wall, her foot dragging slightly as she stumbled towards Salem. Her teeth bit down sharply into her lip, a small drop of blood slipping down her chin as she silented a whimper. Her eyes were pricked with tears, and even though it was obvious that he sensed her feelings, she refused to let the man see her in pain.

Salem Ave
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:22:04 AM
He shook his head and with one fluid movement of his limbs had the girl in his arms.

"Betterrr not put any pres-sssure on it."

His eyes did not meet hers, instead he stared straight forward as he turned from the alley out into the open streets. Immeadiately quite a few odd looks came from people around, but Salem ignored them and kept on walking.

Emily Rochette
Jun 14th, 2002, 10:28:14 AM
Emily flinched slightly as she was lifted, ignoring her instincts to run away. She looked up at Salem with her head tilt curiously, her hand lifting slowly to tap his nose.

"Did Salem eat?"

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:01:45 AM
"Ye-sss, but you haven't yet," he stated bluntly.

He looked down at her bloodied lower body for a moment before shooting a glare at one of the people on the street who was staring at him.

"You need to get sss-omething to eat... and help. Wherrre can you get that nearrr here?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:12:46 AM
"Haven't been here long"

Emily spoke the words rather monotoned, her eyes staring blankly at the ground. She squirmed a bit in his arms and rubbed her hand on her lip. It was true, she wandered from place to place, hiding away in ships when she was able to. She lifted her leg into the air so that she could see it, her white skin holding a purple tint where she forced her bone back into place.

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:15:26 AM
A gruff sigh passed his lips.

"Excussse me,"

One of the people walking by stopped, looked at the girl in his arms, then looked up at him uneasily.

"Wherrre isss the nearrrest hospital?"

There was a blank blink from the person, who then said there was no hospital in this city. Another sigh. Looking around, Salem turned back the way he had came.

"My ssship... you can use the med supplies there then you have to go."

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:24:36 AM
A small pout crossed her lips as she squirmed again, looking up at Salem. Her frown deepened a bit, a hurt expression glinting in her eyes.

"Salem wants to get rid of me."

She wiggled a bit and slipped out of his hands, running ackwardly to the nearest building and climbing up the wall with her leg hanging limp. Sitting on the roof, her arms folded across her chest and she looked down at him.

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:27:00 AM
Why was he evening bothering? Gritting his teeth barely visibly, he turned away and shrugged his shoulders somewhat, continuing on walking.

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:30:55 AM
"Salem..!"

Emily sniffed a bit and hugged her knee as she watched him walk off. She couldn't cry, and rarely felt so low that she wanted to.. But she regret pulling away from him. She didn't mean for him to leave..

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:32:54 AM
He glanced back momentarily, the street lights glaring in his eyes, before turning away once more. If she really wanted to talk to him or to have his help she would come follow, otherwise he couldn't care less. Keeping on striding, he slipped his hands into his pockets and hunched his body a little, hair falling over his face.

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:37:59 AM
Emily watched for another moment before slipping down from the roof carefully. She didn't know why she was so hooked on Salem. He wasn't as different from her as other people were. She palced each foot on the ground, ignoring the threat of her bone becoming far worse than it already was, as well as the pain of pressure against it.

She took in a deep breath and tugged at her dress absently before she took off, speeding down the street. Her hand reached out for Salem as she drew near. Her arms were slipped around and tugging against him as she tumbled forward with her leg finally deciding to give.

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:41:54 AM
Salem almost tumbled forward as two arms grappled around his lower body, dragging him downwards. He hissed and jerked away immeadiately, spinning to see Emily. Instantaneously he threw an arm out and yanked the girl in to stop her from falling down onto her injured leg. Setting her up straight again, with a slight shake of his head, he turned away.

"Arrre you going to come and let me help you orrr not?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:48:14 AM
Emily bowed her head and nodded slowly, her hands fidgeting with the leather wrapped around her wrists. She tilt her head to the side and lifted it to look at the man curiously, a small, saddened look still in her eyes.

"Salem want to get rid of Emily..?"

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:51:46 AM
"I barrrely know you, it'sss not a-sss if we arrre friends," he said, peering back at Emily.

"Sss-o I couldn't carrre less."

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:55:53 AM
Emily flinched slightly and chewed at her lip, looking around the ground. She paused in thought, her brow narrowing lightly.

"Then...why help in the first place?"

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:56:39 AM
He shrugged somewhat.

"I was borrred, needed sss-omething to do."

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:03:12 AM
Anger flashed in her eyes as Emily's mind seemed to hurl itself to fit her age. She let her hands drop to her sides, taking a half-step forward.

"I'm not here as entertainment."

The back of her pale hand struck sharply against Salem's cheek as she stared up at him, her firey eyes burning coldly.

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:04:35 AM
"Sss-uits me fine. I wouldn't have to ussse you forrr amusement if you stopped following me," he said bluntly.

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:08:03 AM
"Should've known you were just like anyone else."

She licked at the small cut on her lip, her fingers clenching and unclenching at her sides.

"No better than the rats you snack on.."

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:10:33 AM
"Believe what you will. It isss of no consequence to me."

This said he turned from her and began walking once more, towards the south side of town, where his transport would be.

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:21:26 AM
Emily growled as she watched him go before letting out a slow sigh. She looked down at her ankle, her mind's state slowly melting back to the way it was. She limped along the street, numb to each sharp sting that jolted through her bones. She was barely even paying attention to the world around her as she passed a man, ripping his leg off at the knee and dragging the foot with her.

Emily sat in the back of an alley, a collection of cloth piled at her side as she picked off the last remaining bits of muscle from two white bones, chewing absently on it. She broke the first of the long bones from its attached foot and placed it on the side of her own, bruised leg. She picked up a piece of cloth and tied it around the bone and her leg, at the ankle, then wrapped it around until it reached the top, repeating her actions with the second bone to create a distorted splint.

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:23:43 AM
At the moment he'd dissapeared into the shadows he'd turned back on himself. This was a too interesting game to play to give up now. He slunk deftly through the darkness, keeping up against walls so that no one would notice him. His presence was masked well, and as he sat straight across from Emily in the darkness, he knew she couldn't see him what so ever.

Emily Rochette
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:33:42 AM
Emily watched her hands trembling softly, white skin smeared with blood. She sniffed quietly rubbing her eyes even though there were no tears. She stood slowly, straining to keep her balance for a minute before she walked back towards the street. Towards "home".

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:55:27 AM
No breath nor any heart beat, the only sound Salem would make would be the soft shifting of his footsteps as he followed. He walked like a shadow to her, mimicking her footsteps and movements so that if she did get the impression something was there, she would dismiss it instantly.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:03:07 AM
Emily stopped for a moment as she leaned against the corner of a wall, staring at the poorly lit street. She sighed, a look of regret passing over her face before she leapt up onto the wall, skittering back onto rooftops. She wandered from house to house, not really sure where she was going, or even caring.

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:33:07 AM
He smirked in the darkness and picked up a small metal can, tossing it against the floor behind Emily as she walked - then slunk back further into the darkness.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:36:35 AM
Emily flinched and spun around, crouching down low, her eyes narrow. She growled lowly and crept back a few paces. Staring at the shadows for a moment, she slowly stood, her hands lifting, ready to attack whatever might have made the noise.

"Who's there..?"

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:38:43 AM
A small rat scurried across the path infront of Emily, squeaking quietly. At this, Salem grinned and crept forward. The darkness, due to this, seemed to draw inwards towards the girl.

"No one," said a whisper.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:44:12 AM
Emily knelt down as the rat neared her, letting it sniff at her fingers for a moment. Suddenly, a sharp squeak struck the air as her fist crushed down on the rat. Emily licked at the collection of blood on her knuckles, her brow furrowing briefly as she again stood, thinking quietly to herself.

"Salem.."

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:09:06 AM
In the shadows an icy cheshire grin appeared, directed straight at Emily.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:18:59 AM
Emily crept forward, her foot stepping straight on the crushed rat before she stood right at the edge of the darkness, her hand reaching up to touch the grin curiously.

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:32:11 AM
He drew back somewhat, lowering himself downwards so that he stood stooped as he walked away from Emily. Watching the girl mezmerised amused him to no end.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:35:55 AM
Pouting softly, Emily stepped past the shadows. She pounced forward, her arms spread to grab whatever was lurking.

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:38:41 AM
He grit his teeth and tried to dodge sideways but was too slow, and found himself being tackled down into the ground, hitting the stone with a hard thud.

Emily Rochette
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:40:24 AM
Emily's eyes widened as she found herself face-to-face with Salem. Even through the darkness, she could make out the pale skin and empty eyes of his face. She pulled back, sitting up on her knees as she looked at him curiously.

"Salem didn't leave..?"

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 11:42:13 AM
For a moment he squirmed a bit then struggled to get backwards.

"Obviousssly not..."

Emily Rochette
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:05:36 AM
Had her cheeks not already have been colored a deep red, Salem might have been able to see the burning she felt in them. Emily bit her lip for a moment, chewing on it as she stood, her arms extended toward him silently.

Salem Ave
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:38:07 PM
Salem simply stared back at Emily, unsure of what to do. He was in the dark, as they saw, as to what the girls gesture implied.

Emily Rochette
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:39:19 PM
Emily paused a moment and leaned down, grabbing each of Salem's hands and pulling him to his feet. She stumbled a moment as she let go, her leg still not terribly strong, despite the splint.

Salem Ave
Jun 21st, 2002, 10:58:55 AM
He rose up rigidly with the help of the girl then smirked. With a slight cant of his head he watched her curiously. She was quite obviously easily affected emotionally, and it was interesting to tug on her strings.

"Arrre you ok?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:06:40 AM
Emily nodded silently, leaning down as she tightened the strips of cloth around her leg. With that done, she stood up and looked at Salem suspiciously.

"...How come Salem didn't leave?"

Salem Ave
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:10:07 AM
A pause.

"He wanted to help hisss frrriend."

Emily Rochette
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:14:24 AM
Emily's brow scrunched up lightly before she peered up at him.

"You said I was just something to occupy the time.

Salem Ave
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:16:02 AM
"I'm a Sss-ith. I lie."

Emily Rochette
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:30:44 AM
"How do I know you're not lying now?"

Salem Ave
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:10:22 PM
"You don't," he replied bluntly.

Emily Rochette
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:25:54 PM
Emily looked up at him for a moment longer, standing on her toes and staring at his eyes, her nose barely an inch away from his. She giggled and pulled back, seeming satisfied as she walked to the edge of the roof and looked down.

"So what now?"

Salem Ave
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:37:36 PM
"You can come sss-ee where I ... work if you'rrre borrred," he said, watching as she skipped about.

Emily Rochette
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:55:24 PM
Emily shrugged absently and sat down on the edge of the roof, her feet dangling in the air. She stared down at the lonely few that bothered wandering the streets so late at night before flopping back. She tilt her head upside down and looked back at Salem.

"What else?"

Salem Ave
Jun 22nd, 2002, 12:56:43 PM
Shoving his hands into his pockets further, he walked across towards the roof-side, staring down into the traffic below.

"I'm not sss-ure... what do you like to do?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:13:21 PM
Emily sat up and briefly stretched as her eyes drifted back towards the street, eyeing a man. He was slouched over in the gutter, a needle still stuck in his arm, his face dazed.

Without responding to Salem's question, Emily slipped off of the roof's edge , dropping down into a low crouch on the ground. She stood and walked lightly over to the drugged man, almost waltzing. She leaned down and grabbed his wrist, pulling him up so that she could see his eyes.

Her fingers slipped the syringe from his arm as she bowed her head to look at it, eyeing the fluid still left over. She pulled the plunger back, allowing air to mix with the sickly looking drug and placed the very tip lightly to his temple, resting over the soft blue of a vein. Emily pushed the needle into his skin and pushed down on the plunger, the drug slipping into him first, then the rush of air. His body convulsed for a moment before falling lip.

Emily admired the corpse for a moment and turned to look up at Salem.

"Want to play?"

Salem Ave
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:15:39 PM
Watching from above, wind catching his clothes as he leant further over the low edge, Salem smirked. The child-like innocence never ceased to amaze him, especially when she did something like this.

"I wouldn't call that playing."

Emily Rochette
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:25:14 PM
Emily seemed to pout up at Salem before she turned her attention back to the man. She let him drop to the ground and crouched beside him, her hands rumaging around, searching for pockets. She pulled out a few credits, putting them in her pocket before standing again and looking back up at Salem.

"Coming?"

She didn't wait for his response before walking down the street.

Salem Ave
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:26:13 PM
There was a whipping of his cloak as he descended seamlessly onto the pavement, stepping over the body before following after Emily.

"Wherrre are we going then?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 22nd, 2002, 01:42:04 PM
Shrugging, Emily folded her hands behind her back, stretching again. She turned around and took a few steps backwards before stopping and looking at Salem silently, studying him. She tilt her head and blinked.

"..Is Salem happy?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:15:21 AM
The Sith stepped sideways and around Emily, canting his head to the side as he spoke quietly.

"No."

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:30:41 AM
Emily turned her head as he passed by her side before her torso twisted around and she grabbed his arm, firmly, yet gently. She stared up at him, an almost pained look in her eyes from his response.

"..Why?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:51:08 AM
"Becaussse you haven't told me wherre we're going,"

He said, almost expecting her to know what was annoying him.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:08:22 AM
Emily poked her tongue out at Salem, seeming to forget her hold on his arm.

"Don't know."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:24:16 AM
"Well if you have no wherrre to go, why don't you come with me?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:27:19 AM
"And do what..?"

Emily tilted her head curiously, her hands loosening around his arm slightly.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:37:00 AM
"Sss-tay for a while..."

His voice trailed away as he drew a blank on exactly what she could do. But then again, it was better than just standing around here.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:40:45 AM
Thinking for a moment, Emily stared at the ground. She glanced up at Salem and wrapped her arms around the one she'd grabbed, nearly clinging to it.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:42:37 AM
"I'll take that asss a yesss," he said, beginning to walk once more, holding back a grin.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:47:26 AM
An almost timid grin slipped over Emily's lips as she giggled, continuing to stare up at Salem as she walked with him, her leg still moving with a small limp.

"Salem..wait.."

Emily let go of his arm, crouching down as she tugged at the cloth around her leg, trying to tighten it.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:51:57 AM
He followed suit and crouch as he looked at the weak bandage. With a quick tug he pulled some of the stiff material from his cloak and knotted it around the splint so that it would hold better.

"I'll get a prrroperrr one off of my sss-hip," Salem said as he rose back up to his feet as he waited for Emily before walking again.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:54:02 AM
"But I like this one.."

Emily blinked and stood up, tugging at the hem of her tattered dress. She looked at Salem and giggled a bit, holding out her leg.

"It's pretty."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:56:05 AM
He gave a soft shake of his head.

"Alrrright, you can keep that one."

Turning, he held his arm out again and half smiled.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:58:50 AM
Emily smiled childishly and hugged his arm again, her cheek nuzzling to it as she walked with him.

"Thank you, Salem."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:01:40 AM
Looking down at Emily's ragged attire he gathered up the remains of his own cloak and draped it around her shoulder. The ship was parked up down at the end of this main street, in a small planetside port.

"Not hurrrting too much i-sss it?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:07:18 AM
Shaking her head a bit, Emily yawned and leaned her side lightly to his as she walked, not even paying attention to what she was doing.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:10:21 AM
After a few minutes silent walking they'd reached the port, and after passing through the fairly loose security checks found the small craft Salem was using as a transport. He'd stolen it, and had no intention of keeping it after using it (he disliked ships a lot). Sliding aside the door into the ship, he stepped aside to let Emily in.

"Have you everrr been in a sss-hip before?" he said in his least possible patronizing voice.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:12:52 AM
Emily nodded and climbed up into the ship, sitting on the floor as she turned around to look at Salem, her arms hugging her knees.

"Lots.. Never without sneaking on, though."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:15:52 AM
He nodded and slipped away his cloak, laying it over the back of one of the seats in the cramped room. In the enclosed space was held everything - the cockpit, a lounge area, and a small sleeping area. Heading towards the controls he pushed the settings onto autopilot for the return journey and set the ship off before walking back towards Emily. He stood against the wall opposite from where she sat, watching her silently - as he had done so often.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:23:09 AM
Emily bowed her head, her face hiding partially behind her knees as she peeked up at Salem. With her sitting on the floor and him standing, the height difference was rather drastic. He almost seemed frightening. Almost.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:25:13 AM
Not the very subtle hint of apprehension, he sat down; sliding down the metal wall until he was hunched up very much like her. In sitting down he burried his head in the folds of his robes and exhaled deeply.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:36:17 AM
Emily stared at him for a bit longer before crawling forward. She stopped only inches away from Salem and leaned forward, her nose barely touching his. Her eyes stared into his, squinting; studying. She sat back with her legs tucked under her, her chin leaning on his knees.

"What's Salem thinking?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:47:44 AM
"Thingsss,"

His black eyes fixed on her as she leant against him. Realising he'd been far too vague even for his own liking, he continued.

"About what to do when we get back to wherrre I live."

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:53:47 AM
Emily cocked her head to the side, her arms hugging his knees loosely as she stared up at him.

"Any ideas..?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:53:43 AM
"I guess sss-howing you around would be a start," he replied, absently nudging her hand.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:55:56 AM
Emily glanced down, as if suddenly realising how close she was to him. She pulled back and curled up with her own knees, glancing at the floor.

"..What are the people like?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:57:04 AM
"Like me, sss-ome of them," he lied.

A lot of them he hated, but had to put up with. Far too many were far too sure of themselves.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:59:35 AM
Emily giggled softly and crawled over, sitting beside Salem as she looked at him, silent except for a few more small spurts of laughter, despite the rather saddened look in her eyes.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:00:20 PM
One eyebrow rose.

"What'sss funny?"

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:01:52 PM
"Salem isn't a good liar."

Emily hugged his arm, her head nestling on his shoulder for a moment before she hopped up to her feet, a shot of pain running through her leg, causing her to yelp.

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:04:10 PM
He jerked one arm up, tugging her down.

"You need to sss-top putting pressure on that, sss-it down," he hissed.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:06:12 PM
Emily pouted and poked her tongue out at Salem.

"...Salem have friends?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:10:38 PM
"... One orrr two," he said, looking down.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:16:15 PM
Emily blinked as she watched Salem. Her fingers touched his cheek for a moment before she smirked a bit.

"Salem beat Emily in how many friends.."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:19:00 PM
A choked laugh passed his lips.

"If you like it werrre I live, I'm sss-ure you'll make more."

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:21:39 PM
Her arms slipped around Salem before Emily realised what she was doing. She looked up at him, her voice soft and innocent as she whispered, half to herself.

"Emily doesn't want any other friends but Salem."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:23:27 PM
He smirked a little, shrugging slightly.

"If that'sss what you want."

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:25:28 PM
Emily smiled childishly before squirming into her feet. She took a few quick steps forward, getting out of Salem's reach as she walked toward the controls, staring out the large window.

"Never been anywhere but the hold of a ship before.."

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:27:08 PM
"Look arrround if you want,"

Salem stared upwards at the roof for a second before getting up and thudding down into the 'captains' chair.

Emily Rochette
Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:03:22 PM
Emily stared out the window for a few minutes, taking in the vast, unstopping landscape before turning away. She looked at Salem and smiled, taking the few step distance between them and sitting on the armrest of his chair, watching him.

"Don't want to look around."

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:00:32 AM
He shrugged slightly, leaning his head back against the chair as he closed his eyes.

"Jusss-t don't break anything."

Emily Rochette
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:03:40 AM
Emily giggled quietly, almost forced, as she looked down at her leg.

"Too late.."

For a small moment, Emily was in a mature state of mind again. Her lips brushed past Salem's temple as she breathed out a suggestion of sleep before standing and wandering to the back of the ship.

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:06:32 AM
".. Heh."

He shook his head and lifted his feet up to rest on the chair with a yawn.

Emily Rochette
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:12:48 AM
Taking a seat on the floor in a back corner, Emily rested her head against the metal wall, her eyes wandering through the ship absently.

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:14:36 AM
"What'rrre you thinking about?"

Salem spoke as he opened his eyes, looking idly out across the hyperspace scape.

Emily Rochette
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:20:53 AM
Shrugging absently, Emily hugged her knees, mumbling.

"Wondering what it's like where Salem comes from.. What about Salem?"

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:21:30 AM
"Wonderrring about Emily, and her kind," he replied, shifting a bit in his chair.

Emily Rochette
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:31:02 AM
"...Don't.. know."

Her brow furrowed deeply as she tried to think, shaking her head a bit.

"Don't remember."

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:54:39 AM
"You don't rememberrr about your.. species?"

He quirked one eyebrow.

Emily Rochette
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:02:59 PM
A rather saddened expression struck over her face as Emily lowered her vision to the floor.

"Can't remember past being alone.."

Salem Ave
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:11:45 AM
"You don't rrremember wherrre you were born, or anything about you family?"