PDA

View Full Version : Who think Scooby Doo is going to suck?

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:50:46 AM
This is one movie I hope dies a very, very fast box office death.

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:24:31 AM
"It looks pretty bad."

Makes me wonder what kind of a stupid individual would choose to see it instead of The Bourne Identity and Windtalkers. Some people just truly are stupid. Even after that preview they would waste their time seeing this? If I weren't a critic I would keep my distance from that film, and I wouldn't mind looking like I was trying to keep my distance either! :)

ReaperFett
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:33:04 AM
Apparently Lillard is spot on as Shaggy. But that isn't enough to spend money on, is it? Go see Windtalkers. Supporting Woo equals more chance of a company letting HIM to HIS kind of film.

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:52:13 AM
Amen. Woo is the man.

I want to see this someday, like, soon, lol... before they are all too old (too late?)!

"FROM DIRECTOR JOHN WOO...

...AND STARRING...

JET LI...

AND...

JACKIE CHAN..."

Man oh man, that'd be like the best action movie in the history of the world. ;)

CMJ
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:54:11 AM
I think "Windtalkers" is gonna bomb personally. Not because it looks bad...but everytime I see the trailer, I get the "uninterested" vibe from the audience.

We'll see....

Darth23
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:00:17 AM
From what I can figure out, if Scooby Doo manages to 'capture the spirit of the original story' then it's going to suck.

And if they chage it from the spirit of the original, then it will probably suck even more.

Plus cgi-Scooby looks pretty bad.

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:03:35 AM
Who knows, who gives a crap. People in general are stupid. I will go Friday and if nobody else does, then I get empty seats next to me instead of STUPIDITY sitting next to me. I'd far prefer that.

People can go see their idiotic films and waste their time all they want, I'll still appreciate quality. OOOO SCOOBY DOO, yay! You have to have the mind of a little tiny child to want to see that instead of Windtalkers, flat out. Dumb idiots.

Oriadin
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:03:48 AM
Hmmm, Im gonna go out on a limb here and say im looking forward to the film.

ACTION: Ducks for fear of abuse!

I love the cartoon Scooby Doo. I can do a pretty decent impression of Scoobie Doo too. I think the film looks good in the respect that it looks like its gonna follow on from the Cartoon, unlike inspector Gadget did. Dont forget though everyone that this film is primeraly for kids, and kid like adults! :D

CMJ
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:05:16 AM
Nothing would please me more than have "Scooby" open at like 7M. ;)

Quadinaros
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:47:47 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Makes me wonder what kind of a stupid individual would choose to see it instead of The Bourne Identity and Windtalkers. Some people just truly are stupid
Who knows, who gives a crap. People in general are stupid. I will go Friday and if nobody else does, then I get empty seats next to me instead of STUPIDITY sitting next to me.
People can go see their idiotic films and waste their time all they want, I'll still appreciate quality. OOOO SCOOBY DOO, yay! You have to have the mind of a little tiny child to want to see that instead of Windtalkers, flat out. Dumb idiots.

Very harsh words, Jon. I plan to take my 7-year-old to see Scooby Saturday or Sunday. I admit, the trailers didn't look too exciting, but I'm personally looking forward to seeing this. Scooby-Doo was my favorite cartoon as a child.

As a critic, I suggest you be more constructive, instead of trying to insult those who don't share your opinion on a movie you haven't seen.

By the way, I plan to see the Bourne Identity, sans child, on Friday. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:51:21 AM
I loved Scooby Doo, the CARTOON on TV, not this stupid looking movie.

I will go in hoping for the best and expecting the worst, as I would with anything that has such awful trailers.

There is nothing wrong with taking your kid to see it, kids very well might enjoy the film a lot. I hope you don't end up hating it, hopefully it's not as sucky as it looks dude.

I was just joking with that post anyway, I realize how many people would jump on me about it so whatever.

LET THE EXECUTIONS BEGIN!

Err, I mean the flaming ;) j/k. Jesus you cannot joke around here without being taken seriously, haha. I feel almost amazed that I am taken that seriously, you should just read the post, laugh, and think, "Silly Jon, he's just having a bad day." ;)

Darth23
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:58:50 AM
The first few incarnations of the cartoon were entertaining enough, but the many retreads were mostly pretty bad. Really bad, actually.

A pup named Scooby Doo is the only on that I can tolerate. All the celebrity cameos, and Scrappy Doo crap was just horrid.

The laugh track in soem of the episodes was pretty unbearable too.

Quadinaros
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:57:27 AM
Well, I agree the laugh track, and especially Scrappy were very dumb. But the original cartoon was still a blast, and there's still hope that the movie might capture some of that magic.

darth_mcbain
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:32:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth23
From what I can figure out, if Scooby Doo manages to 'capture the spirit of the original story' then it's going to suck.

And if they chage it from the spirit of the original, then it will probably suck even more.

Plus cgi-Scooby looks pretty bad.

You took the words out of my mouth...
It looks from the trailers like they've captured the spirit of the cartoon - the problem is that it worked as a cartoon - not as a full length movie. I think its really gonna stink and will tank at the B.O. I won't be seeing it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:24:52 AM
I'm going to see it. And I'm going to see The Bourne Identity AND Windtalkers. Just not sure when.

I love Scooby Doo. Its an irrational love I have for the stupid thing. ^_^; I had a Scooby Doo 21st birthday party. :p

ReaperFett
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:28:43 AM
they pulled your mask off to reveal the janitor?:)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:31:27 AM
I love Scooby Doo. Its an irrational love I have for the stupid thing. I had a Scooby Doo 21st birthday party.

:lol :lol :lol

Can't say much , I had a STARWARS 25 :)

I'll see Scobby, BUT it will be in a few weeks after it's out. I'll only see AOTC for awhile.(other than PAYING for AOTC and seeing spider-man) I feel no desire to see anything else:)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 12th, 2002, 10:43:01 AM
I with you CMJ I hope it opens under 10M thought I know it won't, hopefully it will die quickly. I mean the cast is horrible, other than Lillard you got that terrible Freddie Prinze Jr, I have seen dogs act better than him, and the other two actors don't even fit in the parts, the one that plays Velma is too thin, come on Velma was chubby and a nerd and it looks like they are going in the opposite way with her character (not surprising with Hollywood) and Sarah Michelle Gellar is not a great actress either and in the trailers that make her character look too smart, I just always got the impression that Daphne was a ditz.
As far as the other movies, I am not sure about Windtalkers either, it is an MGM movie and unless it is staring James Bond or Hannible Lectar they have had a lot of trouble making money (Hart's War please) plus there has been too many war films and I think people just don't want to see as many as have made. Then there is the Bourne Identity now it might be good who knows but its going to be hurt becase there are now 4 films all going for the same audience (Sum of All Fears, Windtalkers, and Bad Company) so that will hurt both films, I doubt either one will make 20 million because of that, hey they might both not make 15 that is very possible.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:16:52 AM
How can Scooby Doo be loved? I dont get it.

Anyway I sure WILL do anything to avoid it.

Jedieb
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:26:12 AM
I will more than likely be taking my son to see Scooby this weekend. If it stays true to the cartoon then he should love it. Even if they stray from the cartoon he should enjoy the Scooby and Shaggy scenes. I'm getting the feeling they're trying to butch up Daphne to make the story more modern. Holy crap, anyone who's ever watched the cartoon knows Daphne has a very specific role; she's the ditz that gets captured and has to be bailed out by the rest of the gang. She sure as hell isn't a kick boxing she devil beating the crap out of guys twice her size. Fred and Velma are the brains, Daphne is just there to look pretty. They're going to change it just enough to ANNOY me, but entertain my 3-year old. And they BETTER entertain him. Scooby is a classic cartoon character and you're going to have a lot of kids going to see this movie because they LOVE Scooby. If this movie lets my kid down I'll be tempted to ask for my money back.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:28:35 AM
:lol Good for you, Mark. I don't know whether I'll like it or not, but I will see it. I'll probably see it sometimes next week. Maybe Sunday with the nephews/nieces. Not all ten of them, I hope... o_O

Admiral Lebron
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:15:30 PM
Why'd you make a topic on a movie which'll drop like a rock in water? It'll suck.

Sanis Prent
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:43:19 PM
This movie will suck like the offspring of a cold-fusion powered Hoover and a quantum singularity on steroids.

In other words, it'll suck your butthole backwards if you let it.

C'mon! Scooby freakin Doo??? If you see the damn cartoon once, you've seen them all...minus maybe when Don Knotts, the Harlem Globetrotters, or maybe the Three Stooges decide to come for a ride. Its all the same. The same damn cartoon over and over and over and over again. Its like Groundhog Day, but real!

Look, I've already seen this movie, condensed into five minutes, and squeezed into Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE! Get over it!

JMK
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:53:30 PM
The cartoon was cool, the movie is unnecessary and will probably bite. Prepare the toe tag and prep the morgue. But be warned, if it does suceed, we're in for another franchise of movies. Guaranteed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2002, 02:57:37 AM
Zoinks!

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:19:14 PM
Omg if you waste money/time to see that movie, you will eternally regret it. Everyone already dled it on KazAa -_- and it sucks literally

Master Yoghurt
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:28:05 PM
Oh, this movie looks terrible. Actually, it could be so bad it is funny. Perhaps I should see it after all! :lol