PDA

View Full Version : Strange New World

Kristin Owens
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:33:51 PM
The arid climate of Tatooine filled her nostrils as she planted a boot on the hostile planet for the first time. The shuttle lifted off and turned toward the east sun. Kristin surveyed the vast terrain before her from the height of the relatively large plateau she had been set atop. No where could she see any signs of life below her, the top of the plateau had been thouroughly scanned before the shuttle had landed. The land to the east provided no visible open stretch between the inumerable scattered plateaus. She walked to the the west and looked beyond the rim. Viewing an open stretch of land as far as she could see, Kristin decided to walk back to the east side of the plateau and walk down on that side, being more level, and then turn to the west and continue on her chosen path. She opted to stay out in the open because the 2 suns were high and no shadows could be seen. If someone were lurking around the corner of a plateau, she would not know it until it might be too late. Ever a harborer of vigilance she would take the safest route across the barren land, conserving herself for the inevitable attack, whenever it arose. She released the blaster from the holster on her hip and followed it , her finger on the the trigger preceding her. A vision passed through her mind, burning her as if the hot sun were penetrating her skull.

Darius Van-Derveld
Jun 15th, 2002, 03:11:43 PM
Climbing the rocky Tattooine cliffs was a wonderfull relaxation to Darius, he enjoyed the feeling of self dependance and not having to worry about things that could not hope to follow him, the sun beat down; but the scalding baked stone cliffs did not bother the tough lupine claws which currently replaced his hands; it beat lugging axes and ropes.

Halfway up a previously untried climb and at the single rest he allowed himself he heard the whine of a shuttle. Looking up he saw the grey hull shoot over him and set down on the plateau above, after a short period it took off again leaving behind an unfamilliar force presence, proceding quickly and quietly he continued his ascent with his presence shrouded to the best of his abilities.

Upon reaching the lip of the cliff he peaked over and saw (with her back to him) a young woman; pulling himself quietly up and getting to his feet he brushed himself down and coughed quietly to attract her attention.

Kristin Owens
Jun 17th, 2002, 03:27:00 PM
Acting on her true sight, Kristin instincitively whirled around to meet the creature that had shone itself in her mind and was now announcing its presence to her with an introductory cough. Faced with a fierce appearance at the sight of the lupine claws, Kristin dutifully aimed her blaster at him and waited for his response. He was not in an offensive stance and his claws were postiioned rather neutrally at his sides. She relaxed slightly, but still not knowing his intent, and not trusting the evil force surrounding him, she decided to end the suspense by insisting on his statement of business atop this high stone plateau where she had obviously just landed open to view.
"Declare your business here, stranger," she demanded.

Darius Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2002, 01:32:25 PM
Letting his claws recede and his fingers reform he unclipped one of his sabres from his belt and assesed the girl.

"I am here because my climb was disturbed, by you, I should ask what your buisness is but I have no inclination to do so, I would much rather take the rest of my leisure time and devote it to my most favourite hobby."

Rolling his shoulders and streching muscles still sore from his long climb he settled into a stance, ignited the sabre and swept it up into a salute.

"Come now if you want it, another world awaits you."

Kristin Owens
Jun 18th, 2002, 11:01:06 PM
His combative ease unnerved Kristin slightly. She was, after all, new to this planet, which put her at a distinct disadvantage to this lupine creature who may possess greater knowledge about the hostile setting and the blood within. Would he kill her if she backed down? Kristin thought killing him would somehow put her in a more precarious situation than the one she currently found herself in. Even the most challenging of adversaries may turn out to be allies in the uncontrollable wax and wane of events. Stranger things had happened to her in this galaxy than a lupine Sith befriending her. She knew it wouldn't happen today or possibly ever, but adversity makes strange bedfellows, and right now she really needed an ally. But these thoughts were all hypothetical reasoning, and stalling for time. Kristin knew nothing of this Sith and for the time being needed to address the challenge presented her.
"To enter the other-world is not what I desire wolfish one. Your words address leisure, but your actions reveal your voracious appetite. I bid you to continue with your recreation and I shall pass in peace. My responsibilities here include surveying, not contingent killings of rock-climbers."

Darius Van-Derveld
Jun 19th, 2002, 02:09:59 PM
She is going to kill me..well, that shoud be fun to watch...

"Oh, that wasn't an invitation, and try not to talk whilst defending yourself, its a little distracting."

With bared teeth and a snarl on his lips he charged his reluctant opponent.

Kristin Owens
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:30:57 PM
Kristin fell into a crouch. Her right hand swung over its shoulder to land behind her, on top of the blaster it held, which was placed coordinately on its side to act as a plant on which her feet rotated, kicking up and over her planted hand to land behind it and to the right of where she had previously been standing. In the force momentum her left boot made contact with her predetermined point, kicking the sabre out of the Sith's hand in the upward motion. She landed in a crouched stance five feet from where she had previously been standing, facing him. She regained control of the blaster and aimed for his heart. "Make one move and I will rip open that ravenous heart of yours."

Darius Van-Derveld
Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:49:35 PM
She did have a blaster at his chest, so he took her advice and stood still, she looked hot under the sun, but he felt reasonably comfortable, in such close proximity he stared at her, she looked very green indeed.

Stareing past her he saw a good sized pile of rocks, keeping his face neutral he levitated three and hauled them in, holding his expression untill the first rock impacted her skull he let a wicked grin crack his lips; the second rock hit her head again, and the last struck a knee.

Seeing an opening he aimed a roundhouse kick at her weapon sending it flying; with a little time to catch his breath, Darius extended a hand for his weapon and it sailed to his palm, bringing the heavy metal cylinder up, he swung at her face.

Kristin Owens
Jul 1st, 2002, 05:38:50 PM
"She kicked him in the nuts and sent him flying through the galaxy. With him out of her hair she was now free to roam," Kristin thought as she used her opponents attack to her advantage. She let her buckling knee collapse beneath her landing on the ground just as she heard the "whoosh" of a metal cylinder flying over her head. She thrust out her fist with all the strength she could muster and connected with the sith's groin. As he doubled over, she grabbed the sabre out his hands and threw it off the side of the cliff.