PDA

View Full Version : Who else hates there job!!!!!!

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:19:17 AM
I am dedicating this tread to comfort those who have had a bad day at work or school. This will also be used to spout how much you hate your boss or the mutinational corporation you work for. I'll start.

I work for blockbuster video and I just want to say I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE DEVIL> DON"T TRUST THEM> RENT YOUR MOVIES ELSEWHERE>

please.

Darth Viscera
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:27:38 AM
This thread has been brought to you by netflix.com and Hollywood Video.

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:40:10 AM
No really. I want every one to rent somewhere else. Blockbuster video is filled to the rim, with hypocratical bastards. They are such sons-of-a-bitches. They say that they are a family store, and yet they rent out movies like WHORE and WHORE 2. How the hell is that a family film?

But my real problem is with the customers. The next time you get a late fee, think on this. The person behind the register is NOT THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!!!! He or she does not care wether or not you get a late fee. In fact, I doubt they want anyone to have a late fee. But some customers take all there damn fustrations out on us. If you have a complaint, then call corporation. I CAN NOT HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont' care about your problems. And believe me I have heard them all.

Why on earth would a customer, who has a wife that is due to give birth any day now, rent a two day rental. It is your own damn fault! I did not screw up. YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, I had to get some of this off my chest. This is what I hope this thread will become. A way for everyone to get out there perticular frustrations from work, out.

Lord Gue
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:04:36 AM
I work at Target myself and it has tought me a valuable lesson, I hate people. I mean its okay if I work a decent hour, but my boss is such a ditz, Ive talked to her face to face about scheduling, ive filled out the forms, and still im forced to come in against my availability, and its not just me, the entire store has a prob with it! Gah, this job sucks

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:11:01 AM
Yes, I too have experienced the same problem. I tell my boss.

"Hey, boss, I can't work on Friday."

"Okay, I won't schedule you on Firday then."

"Thanks"

But, much to my dismay, I AM SCHEDULED ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN"T THINK IT WAS HARD TO GET> I NEED FRIDAY OFF!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:55:56 PM
My job is crazy but decent. Don't mind it at all.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:01:08 PM
My job is simple, I work for peanuts, can negotiate hours, and have great side benefits :)

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:02:55 PM
My job is simple, I work for peanuts
You're an Elephant at the Circus? :)

Charley
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:38:02 PM
Close. Box office :)

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:41:04 PM
I cant see how that is close :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:09:08 PM
I actually really like my job; I work at a cafe and bar at the Days Inn, which is an affiliate of Starwood Hotels. Starwood owns the Westin, the Sheridan, and the W. I work from 6 am to 1 in the afternoon, and have the rest of the day to goof off.

I bring home between 30-60 dollars in tips a day, and I get free meals.

The really cool thing is that I have crazy awesome discounts; like if I wanted a suite with a kitchen at the Westin on the top floor (a room that runs upwards of 300 dollars), I only have to pay 60 bucks. And that goes for any Starwood hotel anywhere in the world.

Medical, dental, the whole nine yards.

I can also put in to transfer to another location if I wanted to move.

So my advice is to find the nearest Starwood hotel and go work for them :D

AmazonBabe
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:15:56 PM
I sit at a desk. I input numbers. I have unlimited internet access. I play with Photoshop. I get paid goooooooooooood money.

I'm happy. :D

Shawn
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:32:35 PM
Sene isn't kidding about that whole Blockbuster thing. I should know - I worked with him, until he quit. :p

Lord Gue
Jun 11th, 2002, 03:32:39 PM
GIMME A ROOM!
I need one! lol

Live Wire
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:27:46 PM
My job would be fine if the comptuer behaved and I could unplug the phone or have my extension changed. I hate stupid people who call. Though so far I havent had anything dumber then the call to come edit a misspelled word on a powerpoint presentation.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:49:59 PM
I dont mind my job. It can be very goood, tho dealing with morons suck

Threepio
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:55:05 PM
My job = too much work for not enough money. I need a raise. If I don't get one I will be unhappy.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:05:30 PM
My job suxors. I need to go get myself an edumacation so I don't need to deal in customer service anymore.

Admiral Lebron
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:40:28 PM
My job rocks. I work my own hours and work about 10 hours weekly and make 200+ dollars. And it's cutting lawns... and doing other landscaping...and I'm in high school. Hooray for being young!

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:56:54 PM
I love my job... except when the phone rings constantly. I don't mind being busy at the Pharmacy but when you pick up the phone, take the call, put it down and THEN IT RINGS AGAIN GAH... that gets on my nerves

Artoo
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:58:09 PM
Toots happily, explaining how much he enjoys his job of mechanic, pilot, and hero... unlike some prissy droid he knows. Throws in an electronic chuckle.

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:25:05 PM
Customer service is the single most annoying thing on the planet. I have respect for anyone who has to do it for any amount of time. People really have no idea how to treat someone. They seem to love taking all there frustrations out on YOU!

But those people I can deal with. Attitude is something I can laugh at later.

Stupidity is something else. I can't understand what is so difficult about renting a movie. People come up with the most amazing problems. I am flabergasted at the people who attempt to open a LOCKED dvd before I UNLOCK it. They stand there, with this grimace on their faces, exerting all there strenth to open an oviously locked piece of plastic. IDIOTS.

Shawn
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:47:59 PM
Oh, hey Sean: They're making me a .5 :)

Nash Stolar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:51:49 PM
I could get one of those plastic things off easly with something pointy... *Hides from Toys-R-US Agents out to get him*

Anyways.. I need a job I could really use some money now.. :lol

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:52:53 PM
A .5. You mean your gonna get a raise?

wait you mean your an assistant manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!hahahaha. good for you man. Now people can bother you more

I think this calls for a toast. To our newest assistant manager. CHEERS!

Nash Stolar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:58:06 PM
Uh sene, buddy..

I don't think they like when you do that.

Kitssarri Reetissa
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:17:46 PM
Does everyone here work for Blockbuster?!?!!?!

My job isn't too bad either. Kinda dry at times, but it's good coin. i work in a bank, lots of benefits like no service fees. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

How's that for a scary thought? Me as a professional banker

GIVE ME MONEY!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:01:24 PM
well folks; I just got a letter from SW Airlines. I'd applied like, a month and a half ago, and just today I got a letter from them.

I've been invited to an interview!!!!

Now, who thinks I should take the job?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:13:01 PM
*gives Kitssarri Reetissa a monkey instead.*

s'Il, I'd stay with the current job, since you seem to be really happy. Job hopping also doesn't look really good on resumes, but if its what you want to do, go for it.

Shawn
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:48:15 PM
:D

Hey, you guys want to go do something this weekend? I have Fri-Sun off.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:05:44 PM
*agrees with Sene*

I too work for BB and I've had the worst customers at times....but god can the customers be annoying, why must they all want a membership right at the busiest time on Friday and Saturday? ANd why must they ask for a movie that is still in the theater? And why can't they understand that we aren't out to cheat them outta their money? Why must they call about their late fee mail and say but I returned that, I don't have it.....bugs the frell outta me, it tells you didn't return it on time not that you never returned the damn thing!!!!! Why must they insist on free movies every time they are inconvienced? We can't give you free movies because you had to wait in a long line or because you got a bad dvd..."but I had to drive all the way back over here" I don't give a damn!! Take the exchanged dvd and go home cuz I'm not giving you free movies!!!!!! Or why must the same lady come up for the raincheck movies every week and when we find her one, she says "oh I don't want it now." just because she wanted to get it for free next time. oppsy, I ranted a lot but it is so annoying how bad these ppl can be........

Shawn
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:37:49 PM
ANd why must they ask for a movie that is still in the theater?"Hey, where do you guys have the Spiderman DVD? I can't find it."

"That's because it's not out yet (retard)".

I swear... they act like we're hiding it from them or something. Nooooooo... we don't want your money, so we're going to hide all the good movies from you. Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes

Threepio
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:48:56 PM
:lol I worked for Blockbuster once.

I had two anxiety attacks and quit. Now I'm a third key at a retail store and working hard hard hard! It ain't so bad, except I don't get paid enough to do all this work.

Sene Unty
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:21:12 AM
I agree with Seerrasseei Tsseerra completly. I have experienced it all as well. I have no idea why they are convinced that movies come out in theatres and on video at the same time. It doesn't happen. Even more annoying is the fact that there is a big sign next to the door, that tells you when movies are coming out. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT! What I hate even more than customers asking for something after being "inconvienenced", is when my manager gives them something! WHY! They don't deserve it. Its called patience and every single person that walks through that door always seems to be in a rush. IF YOUR IN A RUSH WHY ARE YOU RENTING A MOVIE!!!

The most annoying thing:

When a customer comes in and asks for there money back because a movie was bad. No not broken. Just bad. Why? I don't know about any of you guys, but Joe Dirt was a bad movie. I didn't have to see the movie to tell that. Thus knowing, or rather suspecting that a movie might not be good, prevents me from taking said movie. If I take movie, then I am an idiot and deserve to get nothing in return.

And please I want this thread to be all about ranting...so rant on!

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:30:26 AM
one of the most annoying ones are the ones who say later that it was a defective and expect us to give them a credit which we can't do after it has been checked in let alone weeks later....but the worst is the customer who gets mad at having to pay a fee when they forget to put the disc inside when they turn it in and yell when there's a fee for the time it was out. Of course we will charge you because we couldn't use the product since it was missing an important piece..Or the ones who just turn in the tape and not the amary.....god I hate them....

Dae Jinn
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:32:08 AM
I work at a crap 'bag your own" grocery store(Food Basics - basically we suck!), simply because I spent all my schooling having fun and not working, my advice is to get JOB EXPERIENCE EARLY, Otherwise you'll be totally screwed over :lol

I have to work there because I have to pay off my student loans; that diploma in graphic arts sure helps at my job. I hate it so much.

Shawn
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:47:31 AM
Videl: If someone returns a movie empty, we just put their account on hold until we get it back. Guess the people down here don't know how lucky they are. OTOH, if they return their movies without the amarys, exactly how are we supposed to check it in? :mad
The most annoying thing:

When a customer comes in and asks for there money back because a movie was bad. No not broken. Just bad.Gee, I thought that was the point of renting a movie: You don't want to plop down $19.99 to buy a movie, just to find out it sucks. So you rent it first.

Probably my biggest pet peeve at work: The customers who bring up the cover boxes. I swear... if I could somehow check out the empty coverboxes to them, I would. DIDN'T YOU SEE THE MOVIE RIGHT BEHIND THE BOX?? IT'S THERE FOR A REASON! :mad

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:04:44 AM
I do that but they get so mad when they have to pay the fees while it was out....

Oh I forgot about the coverboxes, that is my biggest peeve, if there's no boxes behind the coverboxes the movie is out....another is the damn customers who make us check the boxes to see if someone turned one in and then second the idiot in line behind them who asks for the same movie after we told the one before them there was no more.....

Shawn
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:07:59 AM
Then, everytime they see someone drop off a tape, they're like "Ooh, ooh! Can you check and see if that's the one I wanted?".

I think this is less of a "complain about work" thread as it is a "complain about working at Blockbuster" thread.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:10:13 AM
hehe, true but there's a lot little things about BB that are annoying as all hell.....

Sene Unty
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:01:42 AM
Well it seems that everyone else likes there jobs more than us. Honestly people, I advice all, if you are looking for a job somewhere, and don't know where to go, and a friend tells you "He wanna work at blckbuster." (and the only reason they would say that was if they had been working there for like a day.) then you must immediatly punch your friend, forget you ever knew them, and get a job working anywhere else.

I have quit my job with blockbuster and I will start a job as a camp counselor soon. That's right: Watching annoying kids is better than working at Blockbuster.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:44:43 AM
Errrr...doesn't want to comment on her job.

Just one observation....there are soooo many rude people in this world no matter how nice you are.

Any job with the public can just make you mad and sick!! :mad :x

Vinny Red
Jun 13th, 2002, 04:18:45 PM
* edges out of the BB ranting thread slowly, making sure not to piss any of the scary people off further *

Nayala Palain
Jun 13th, 2002, 06:19:47 PM
work ooh mine is the worst. I am a telemarketer for MCI you want to talk about a bad job. people hanging up on me all day and yelling at me for nothing. I cant wait till tomorrow.

Sene Unty
Jun 13th, 2002, 10:15:54 PM
ewwwwwwww. your a telemarketer. LOL

I honestly attempt to be nice to them, but my dad is the worst. He screws with telemarketers all the time. Its like his hobby. It kinda of annoys me because I understand that you guys are only doing your jobs. That must really suck.

Gabriel Xeanos
Jun 14th, 2002, 02:49:43 PM
Work at small comic book store, a geeks haven you would think. No, actually really it isn't as you get to see first hand people worse than you.

It's not pretty....

Especially after I met Bob, the Manga and Vampires lover, not a pretty mix, especially when you take it to the next level...and I mean NEXT LEVEL.

Ariel
Jun 14th, 2002, 04:04:31 PM
Hehe, poor Gabriel ;)

Well, I am not very keen on my job as I often have to talk to really dumb clients who have lots of money :( Most of the time it is pretty good and things go well, but when I get the really dumb ones, it really sucks :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2002, 04:33:43 PM
Work=the suck

Ange Tot
Jun 14th, 2002, 06:34:17 PM
I'm still in school, it doesn't suck much except for one thing....

DAMN 40 HOUR COMUNITY SERVICE MY BUTT! DAMN YOU MOTHER-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-ING MIKE HARRIS AND YOUR GRADE 11 TAUGHT EDUCATION MINSTER! MAY THOUSANDS OF POISIONOUS SNAKES NAP IN YOUR BED!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! *hacking coughing fit*

Sene Unty
Jun 14th, 2002, 11:35:13 PM
Gabriel:

How exactly does this manga-vampire freak take it to the next level? I'm kinda interested.

Ange:

There is nothing worse than working for free. I feel your pain. Escpecially when you are surrounded by people who ARE getting paid. That really sucks.