PDA

View Full Version : The Ties That Bind

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:15:39 AM
::Xanatos sat alone at a table in the center of the bar, glancing around as if searching for someone::

"Where is she... she's usually here right now."

::A sly grin came across his face as he glanced down at the datapads in front of him::

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:26:07 AM
Xazor was sitting across the bar when she noticed a familiar face. Smiling to herself, she left her small group and approached the table where the man was seated. Her Garou Warrior Braids hung at her waist with gold coins woven into them....and her blue robes gathered at her feet like sand. Smiling at him, the silver in her deep blue eyes mirriored curiosity.

"Greetings Xanatos....we meet again. Are you searching for someone?"

She questioned, looking around the bar and only seeing a few people she recognized. Perhaps someone was to meet him....

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:33:42 AM
::He glanced up, hoping to see who he was looking for, instead he was met with the face of the most annoying Garou Jedi since Verse::

"Oh, it's YOU. I don't have time to bother with you today Xazor, however... you haven't seen Ryla Relvinian around, now have you?"

::The wicked grin was on his face again and his fingers tapped the datapads in front of him::

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:37:58 AM
Xazor lofted a brow and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well I am not so pleased to see you either, but at least I am respectful! Anyway....I have not seen Ryla, and if I had....why would I tell a Sith?"

She shook her head and looked out the window for a moment, trying to figure out why he wanted to see her. Looking back down at the evil man, she smiled once again.

"What do you want with her anyway? She's a Jedi, surly she has nothing to do with you...."

The Knight said in disbelief. She pulled up an empty chair and sat down....he would have to deal with her this day...even if she was the most annoying Garou Jedi.....

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:42:40 AM
::Xanatos began to laugh uncontrollablly, though he tried to stifle it::

"Trust me Xazor, she has far more to do with me than you or anyone else knows..."

::He looked down at his datapads again::

"FAR MORE."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:48:08 AM
Xazor shook her head and smiled to herself.

"Such as what? Surly you are not related....and you cannot be her lover. I see nothing that binds either of you together...unless she is somehow in your debt...."

She looked at him curiously, wondering what it was....

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:50:38 AM
::He chuckled and leaned forward::

"Would you really like to know?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:54:01 AM
Xazor nodded at his words.

"She's my friend....of course I'd like to know."

She said with concern, wondering why he had to be so secretive about it...

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:00:53 AM
::Xanatos grinned and leaned back::

"There are 2 reasons.

Did Ryla ever tell the Jedi where she was while she was missing all that time?"

::X chuckled::

"I imagine not. So I'll tell you, I tracked her to Tattoine. Seems she had been sold into slavery. I bought her, and let her go free."

::He smiled::

"That's reason number 1.

Reason number 2 is the reason I let her go free."

::X pushed the datapads towards Xazor::

"On those datapads you'll find dna results, a birth certificate, and a letter from my father. It seems that all this time Ryla has thought her father was a Senator, and her mother had been his concubine. Turns out, her father was a bounty hunter, and her mother had been his slave."

::That warped grin crossed X's face again::

"That bounty hunter's name is Dexarian Etanial, or as I call him, 'Daddy'."

::X started to laugh again::

"Ryla's my half sister!"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:10:05 AM
Xazor had to scoop her jaw off the table as she looked at the datapads. She looked back up at him and lofted a brow.......twice! Shaking her head she thought all of it over in her mind once again.

"Wait, she's your half sister....and I am related to you also? So does that mean she and I are related?"

Xazor had been trying to figure out her family ties recently....and this was not making things any easier. Now that she had found out that Verse was really her biological father...she was trying to find out where she fit it. But all of this about Ryla was.....astonishing!

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:13:13 AM
Not really.

You see, you and I aren't related by blood. We're related by marriage, and even then Verse's mate, my sister Dae, was only related to me through adoption.

But I suppose if you want to get technical... yes that would make Ryla your aunt.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:15:18 AM
"And Dae isn't my mother to begin with...I never knew my mother....."

She said softly, looking down at the table for a moment. This meeting that was intended for Ryla had turned out to be informative for Xazor as well. Looking out the window, she sighed....wishing she had a mother......

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:16:51 AM
Hmmm?

Do you at least know your mother's name?

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:22:40 AM
Xazor shook her head in a bit of sorrow.

"I....I can't remember. I was taken from them by a Sith Master, remember, I told you that a while ago? Anyway, he erased my memory as well as Verse and I am assuming hers as well. Of course, now, many of those memories have come back....maybe my Father remembers her name..."

She said with a bit of hope. Perhaps Xanatos could find her for Xazor...he seemed good at tracking people and finding deep information like that.

"I am guessing she looks like me...."

Xazor said softly. In secret, the Knight had found a holo-image of a woman who looked like her...but she did not get her hopes up....

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:24:33 AM
::He chuckled::

"What a shame, really. Was she a Garou as well?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:28:59 AM
Xazor shook her head.

"I am not sure....I heard that if both parents are Garou, then the child is a deformed monster and is uncontrollable....I am fully Garou....but...I don't know, here, look at this..."

She took the holo-image out of her robes and handed it to him. The woman in the picture was beautiful, with long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes. She was muscular in form, and looked so much like the young Knight. Xazor never looked at it that close to realize how much she really did look like her. She was to afraid to....

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 11:59:53 AM
I walked up and looked over her shoulder. "She looks like you."

Crossing over to the other side of the table, I shot a suspicious glance at Xanatos. "What exactly brings you here?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:04:37 PM
Xazor looked up and smiled as Ryla spoke. Xazor was a bit too afraid to look at the image yet...but quickly glanced at it once again...confirming her suspicions. She would have to show her Father the picture...

"Greetings my friend...if you wish for me to leave, I will."

She thought perhaps Ryla would wish to speak with Xanatos alone...or keep her there in case something happened...

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:05:04 PM
::Xanatos sat the holo image back on the table and slid it down to Xazor, he leaned forward and picked up the datapads that were in front of her and handed them to Ryla::

"It's a rather interesting read."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:13:52 PM
I said with a smile, "No, it's ok Xazor, you can stay, if you wish."

I took the datapads from him gingerly, as if the very words or pictures might be caustic. I started to read the first one, and then, realizing what it said, put it back down.

"I think I need a drink."

I hurried off to the bar, quickly flagging down the bartender and coming back to sit down with my Huttese Hefeweizen next to Xazor.

I picked up the datapad and began to read it again. "You mean to tell me..." I looked up at his smirking face in disbelief. "I'm your sister?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:20:10 PM
Half-sister, technically.

But yes. I've always wondered why your force presence felt so... familiar.

Seems your mother was my father's slave, and during that time got pregnent. After you were born he sent both of you away with some funds.

This is of course a while after my mother's death.

I've known this for a while actually.
Why do you think I rescued you on Tattoine?

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:28:03 PM
I declined to reply, favoring a drink instead. After softly wiping the corner of my mouth I looked up at him. "I don't even know why you would have rescued me. It's not like we grew up together, or were buddy-buddy for our childhood. Even though we share blood you're still... who you are. And yet you rescued me." I started to smirk, mirroring him. "Well, big brother, looks like you're developing Jedi tendencies."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:34:13 PM
::X chuckled::

Don't feel so loved lil sis. I'd kill you in a heartbeat. I simply wasn't about to let you sully our family name by being someone's lil slave girl.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:37:39 PM
"Well, so glad to know. The feeling is mutual, of course." I took another drink. "So, you'd prefer I'd sully the family's name by being a Jedi then?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:42:12 PM
Actually no. I'm also here to ask you to abandon these fools and join the rest of your family where you belong.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:47:15 PM
I raise an eyebrow, shaking my head with a disaproving tut tut. "Dear brother, you of all people should know that I am not so easily swayed. Even though the rest of the family has gone down that path, it doesn't mean I should. Besides," I take a drink, "The Jedi have better beer."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:51:13 PM
::Xanatos chuckled::

"Just make sure not to drink the Jedi Toilet Duck, if someone offers you one. It's a killer."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:51:30 PM
Xazor laughed to herself at Ryla's comment.

"Indeed.....the only thing good in Rama's is the JD....I've been there enough to know."

She said with a wink at Xanatos. Indeed, many Sith had come to know her...for better or worse...because she always seemed to be at Rama's.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:59:52 PM
"So true, Xazor, so true." I took another drink and gave Xanatos a big grin. "It seems that we have much to catch up on." I thumbed through the datapad, stopping on my official birth certificate. "Well, at least now I know what the other half of me is, at least. Mythosian? I don't know anything about that. I always thought my father was human."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:13:53 PM
::He nodded::

Mythosian's are PART human, we're a hybrid race achieved through centuries of crossmating.

A group of human colonists and the original natives of Mythos, a humanoid reptilian race known as the Drahk' Bah mated and after some time resulted in the Mythosians.

We do have some physical differences to humans however, we age normally until the age of about 20, then a dormant Drahk' Bah hormone kicks in and we begin to age very slowly. This in turn extends our lifespan, a usual life span being about 150-200 standard years for a Mythosian. Though there are reports of even older Mythosians.

We're also much more physically adept than Human, with a slightly increased strength, agility and speed ratio. We're almost all natural born fighters.

Also as you may have noticed our eye and hair color often differs from what is considered "normal" in human culture.

Blue, purple, pink and other very bright or unusual hair colors are quite common for Mythosians to be born with. Though some are born with more "normal" hair color; brown, black, blonde.

Also as you may have noticed your eye color is an almost chilling blue. As is mine.

::Xanatos adjusted his sunglasses slightly::

However I developed an eye condition which enlarged my pupils, so it's rather hard to tell.

Our history is not a very technologically advanced one, our people still practice spell crafting, and are quite superstitious wary of anything "modern". For centuries now Mythos has been under a monarchy, founded by our Great, Great Grandfather Xion Etanial.

Recently however there was an uprising, and our family was over thrown. In it's place a *UGH* Democracy was set up, and all Etanials were banished from the planet.

Hmmm... anything else about our history you'd like to know little sister?

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:30:32 PM
"It's a very interesting history, and it helps to explain a few things about me... the aforementioned hair and eye color, for example, but where does my mother figure into all of this?" I looked back at the datapad. "It says that one Twi'lek slave was given to the ruler almost thirty years ago. That must have been her, I suppose."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:39:32 PM
::He nodded::

That's correct.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:59:31 PM
"Well, it does make sense, I mean, would you rather tell your daughter that she was the child of a Senator or a Bounty Hunter?" I finished my glass and set it back down on the table, taking a moment to think. "So, is there anything else I should know? Family traits I might inherit, I mean."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:01:36 PM
"You mean other than being sneaky, underhanded, and deceptive?"

::Xanatos grinned again::

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:02:59 PM
Raising an eyebrow in mock surprise, I let out a laugh. "Yes, tell me something I didn't know about you already..."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 19th, 2002, 09:35:53 AM
"Something you don't know?"

"Alright."

::X smirked::

"I have a daughter, which makes YOU an aunt."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:20:16 AM
"Oh, I shall practice my curtsey." I said with a smirk. "So, what's her name? I assume she's sith as well?"

Michael Cline
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:09:20 AM
-LEFT BLANK-

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:14:28 AM
"Oh. Well, I'm hardly one to persecute someone for their path, you know. I'm sure that she has her decisions justified. We all do." Taking a drink, I contunied, "So, any other siblings?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:22:30 AM
OOC-Put this where Cline's post is-

IC-"Her name's Xandra, and as a matter of fact, she undergoing the tests to become a member of the Sith Empire."

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:26:02 AM
"Other siblings?"

::X grinned slightly::

"Actually we HAD a sister, Orianna, my twin."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:29:06 AM
I waited expectantly for the other shoe to drop.... I had learned by now to fear the worst when he got that little grin on his face.

"Dare I ask?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:32:22 AM
::X's grinned widened::

"I killed her when we were 14."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:47:03 AM
I sat there in silence, totally horrified at the joy he took in speaking of something so terrible. Up until now I had always thought… hoped that there was something good to be gleaned out of these new discoveries. Now, all I felt was a deep sadness at the casual mention of murder. Shakily, I stared down at my hands, resting lightly on the table. He said that we were alike, but I could not see my hands committing murder. I took a slow breath and looked back up at him, once again calm and collected. “Xanatos, I know now that there are things I need to come to terms with, in regards to this new family discovery. I never had a sister growing up, no siblings at all, and every one of my loved ones has been killed. I hope you’ll understand that this casual mention of murder is… not an easy thing for me. But then again, you are a Sith, and I am a Jedi. There is much about me that disgusts you, I’m sure.”

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:53:11 AM
::He smirked::

"I'm sorry, does that upset you? I guess I shouldn't tell you a week later I killed my mother as well then."

::He smiled more::

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:30:18 PM
"If it truly upsets you, you wouldn’t have said anything else.” I replied calmly. “So yet another thing I have learned from you is that Sith are never what they claim to be.” I smiled up at him from behind a fresh glass of ale. “Although our two orders don’t agree on much, we both respect the dedication it takes to join them. I’m sure that your actions were justified, although I cannot see it.”

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:47:04 AM
::He chuckled::

"She was too controlling. So I killed her, and dumped her body in the moat. I think my actions we justified."

::He smirked::

Da-ku and Gem
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:45:47 AM
"How disgusting" the red haired woman murmered to her white haired male counter part, "What is? The fact that he forgot to mention us or that he killed his sister and mother?" the young man murmered back... "That he forgot us of course Da-ku!" she hissed to Da-ku...."Calm down Gemelo..." Two pairs of eyes watched from a dark corner, eyes as red as blood and striking blue ones, watched both Xanatos and Ryla.....

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:47:22 PM
"I'm glad that you are fine with it." I said, flicking at a loose thread from the hem of my robe with an idle finger. I then picked up the datapads, scanning through them intensely as he flagged down the barkeep and ordered something to drink. "Well, back to the matters at hand. Is there anything else you feel like telling me?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:02:42 PM
::X adjusted his dark sunglasses slightly, tilting them first up on his face and then back. He had noticed a pair of Force signatures when he had entered, familiar ones. And was studying the corner closely using the reflection off his pitch black lenses::

"I have 2 other children as well, if you can call them that. They were created in a lab by an enemy of mine, and genetically aged. I had hopes for them at one point, but the boy became a Jedi, and the girl CLAIMED to be a Sith, though she followed her brother everywhere. Even when he left to be with their Rogue Jedi mother. I no longer consider either of them to be my offspring as a result."

::He adjusted his glasses again, a slight smirk as he spoke and waited for a reaction from the corner::

Da-ku and Gem
Jun 21st, 2002, 10:24:22 AM
Gemelo jumped out of her seat, her eyes flashing with anger, only to be jerked back by Da-ku......"He's just playing with you Gem......Right Xanatos?" Da-ku smiled still holding Gem in place with his right hand.

OOC- Bravo! X you have finally figured which of the Twins is the dominant one! I aplaude you! *claps*

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:41:03 PM
::He smirked, not that surprised by how easily he had drawn them out::

"Not really Da-Ku. I'd kill the both of you without a second thought for what you did to me. You're simply forturnate they made me check my blade at the door."

Da-ku Etanial
Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:57:35 PM
:: Da-ku snorted, giving Xanatos a chilly smile ::

"Ah, well you'll just have to wait till we're done our buisness then Father....Come on Gemelo."

:: Da-ku more or less forcefully removed Gemelo from the Bar & Grill, making sure to pick up their weapons on the way out ::

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 22nd, 2002, 11:47:20 PM
I lifted my glass to the retreating pair. "You should feel honored! He'd kill me without a second thought too!" I said sarcastically. "Group hug, anyone?"

Xanatos Etanial
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:36:23 PM
::Xanatos raised an eyebrow::

"UGH. With that sickenly sweet sentiment I think I'll take my leave as well."

::Xanatos stood up::

"Fairwell sister. We'll meet again soon, I promise."

::X's twisted grin once more crept onto his face as he turned and began his walk to the door::

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:26:33 PM
"The pleasure was all mine, I assure you." I said with a dry sarcasm as I watched his retreating form slyther away from the table.