PDA

View Full Version : The training of Adisha Dije

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:43:24 PM
I stood in one of the traing rooms, awaiting my newest padawan, Adisha Dije.

Adisha Dije
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:56:24 AM
Adisha entered slowly and upon seeing her new master said, " Hello Master Ryla." She bowed and added, " I am ready"

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:03:19 AM
I looked up from the datapad in my hand and greeted her with a smile. "It's good to see you here, Adisha. I am glad to be your master. You seem quite promising, from what I've heard of you."

I hand her the datapad, along with a small explination. "To get started, here are three questions that I always ask my Padawans to get to know them better.

1. What is The Force to you?

2. What made you decide to want to be a Jedi?

3. Do you have any special abilities or unique weapons?

OOC: In case you don't know, IC means In Character, and OOC means Out Of Character. While you answer the above questions as your character would, please answer these below as you. :] (I know, this sounds silly, but some don't know that when they first start out.)

1. How often are you able to check this forum?

2. What kind of field do you plan for this character? By field I mean healing, warrior, martial arts, force abilities and so on. If you don't know right now, that is fine. :]

3. Do you Role Play anywhere else, and if so, where?

Adisha Dije
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:01:31 PM
"Alright" Adisha looked down and thought carefully before replying.

"To me the force is life, the good and the bad. It does not control us. It guides us, if we are willing to listen. We can use it, wield it, almost like a tool to promote life and help those in need. It is the energy that helps and hurts, by leading us through our lives and to the destinies it has planned for us."

"My mother had a major impact on me to decide to seek training. I grew up around the witches and saw the horrible things the force could be manipulated to do. I knew that something this powerful can also save. It just depended on who used it and how they handled it. When I realized my potential with the force I knew I could only use it for good and vowed I would never become like the dark witches of my homeworld."

"My mother was always amazed by my connection with my pet rancor. We could talk to each other. I heard her thoughts and she heared mine. And it was also very easy to talk to other creatures as well. I do not know if this is a special ability or not, but this just came to mind."

OOC:1) I'm usually able to go online every night after work, so I'd say at least three or four times a week.

2) I'd like to at least know some healing stuff, but I want to be more of a warrior. I don't really have that good of an idea but I am interested in healing and animal abilities, and the warrior stuff as well.

3)Nope, this is the only RP stuff i do.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 14th, 2002, 09:33:25 PM
"Those are very good answers, and very wise. It is true that the force is a guiding hand in out lives, but the Jedi path uses it for knowledge, justice,and defense, but never for attacking. Unfortunately, there have been far too many people who chose the dark path... To them it is quicker to give up the innate sense of right and wrong, easier to give in to the dark feelings they have."

I sigh, pushing back a lock of my hair behind an ear, realizing how close to home this explanation hits. "You have read the Jedi Code, enscribed in the Recruitment center. Always remember that with this new learning comes a great responsibility to uphold the Jedi ideals. Know that the Jedi are very proud and very protective of their initiates. This is a serious commitment, not to be taken lightly. Are you willing to uphold the Jedi Code?"

Adisha Dije
Jun 14th, 2002, 10:56:03 PM
Adisha looked her new master in the eye and said, "Yes, I will uphold the code and follow the true path of the jedi." Having said that so easily, she truly realized how trying the tasks ahead would be.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 15th, 2002, 09:45:01 PM
I nodded, "I think that you are ready, and believe that you will do what you say. Come, let's begin our first lesson." I sat down and motioned for her to sit across from me. Then, I procured from my belt pouch a small, smooth rock, which I put down in between us.

"The Jedi use many different approaches to training, but I think that the straightforward path is often the best one. This stone, that you see before you, is a way for you to heighten your abilities with the force. I want you to examine it, not with your hands, but with your mind. I want you to reach out with your senses and describe the stone to me... everything that you can see and sense about it. This will help you increase your awareness of the force."

Adisha Dije
Jun 16th, 2002, 08:56:59 PM
"Alright", she closed her eyes and set her mind on the task put before her.

"Be calm, relax," Adisha thought to herself. She cleared her mind
and reached out, mentally, towards the stone. Previous, simple training, started to come back to her. She held the stone using the force, manipulating her senses to surround and examine the stone.

"It is cool, and almost perfectly smooth." She focused deeper, into the stone. "Many different components, plant, animal, all put into it, formed it." She released her hold through the force and looked up. "Its alive, connected."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:45:08 PM
I nodded at her. "Good. You seem to have a very good ability with the force already, so I'll try something a bit harder. I want you to make the stone move, only using your mind. The way you choose to make it move is up to you."

Adisha Dije
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:34:36 AM
She nodded and moved on to her next task. Again she relaxed, calmed herself and focused, not really on the stone but the area surrounding it. Then she pictured the stone rising and unconsiously raised her hand, showing the path she wanted the stone to follow. She opened her eyes and saw it floating, level with her fingertips. She slowly released the stone and gently set it back on the ground.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:33:27 PM
"Good job. Most people can't do that much on their first try, and it's obvious that you have an enormous Force potential. You mentioned something about having an ability with animals, and I want to try something with you, if you'll follow me outside."

With that, I stood up and headed out the door, down the corridor, and into the training gardens. I stood next to her and gestured to the surrounding wooded area. "This forest is a wonderful training ground for all sorts of things. I always teach the same core abilities to all of my students, but adjust the force abilities according to their strengths. Your strengths lie in working with animals. You may think that that is not such a great thing, but it is very useful, and also very rare. You mentioned before a connection you had with a little pet of yours." I smirked, imagining a little rancor... "There are a variety of animals out there in the forest. I want you to find one with your mind, and sense it's emotion."

Adisha Dije
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:28:30 PM
She smiled at her master's comment about her beloved Dinha and then prepared herself for her next lesson.

She relaxed and used a technique, a search, that she had always used to find her rancor. She reached out through the force for any life forms. She felt a squirrel-like rodent stirring nearby and laughed. "It's upset, frustrated, and hungry. We are keeping it from a something tasty that it smells on the other side of the path."

She pointed towards a low bush, indicating that the shuddering leaves were what the rodent was behind. Making a brave decision, it popped out its head and made a mad dash for the underbrush on the other side of the path.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 18th, 2002, 11:50:33 PM
"You obviously have done that before. There is another Jedi ability that is very rare, and it is the ability to actually translate the animal's thoughts into words, but it requires a rare natural ability and quite a few years of training. Sensing emotions is one thing, but translating them into speech is another. You might do well with practicing this, since you do have the natural ability. For now, we should probably start to work on the basics of hand-to-hand combat. Do you have any experience with gymnastics, or dance, or combat of any kind?"

Adisha Dije
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:27:40 PM
"I did fly with my father for awhile, a Twi'lek bounty hunter, so I am familiar with combat a little. But he was protective and usually kept me away when it looked dangerous. So I'd have to say I really don't know much of the subject. He also kept me from dancing because it reminded him too much of his mother and all the other slave females of his species."

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:43:40 AM
"Now that is something that I can certainly relate to. I was also not allowed to dance until... until I had left home. Well, generally, there are four types of combat. Neutralizing, which is used for self-defense, is simply being able to block attacks. It is also the first thing most people learn. Disabling takes your self defense to the next level, and has forms to stun or throw your opponent, which buy you time to do what you need to ensure your safety.
The next two are capturing and killing, and are obviously not taught to brand new students, and although Jedi do not take a life if they don't have to, we do know enough to stun and even kill an enemy. We do not do this very often, if at all. One of the key lessons for any style of Jedi combat, whether it is with the lightsaber, or with the Force, or unarmed is that we always seek defensive maneuvers, and control our anger when fighting. The ability to calm your mind and find the Force when you are in an intense situation is more useful than years of muscle-honing.

I stood up and in front of her, showing her the correct stance for defensive fighting. "All forms of combat have one common denominator: Balance. You must strive to maintain your own Balance and try to 'unbalance' your opponent, both physically and in the Force." I motioned to my feet, spaced a comfortable distance apart, knees slightly bent. "This will make all your techniques much stronger. Just because you may not be attacking first does not mean you won't have the advantage."

Adisha Dije
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:41:07 PM
She watched her master intently and attempted to copy her stance. "Balance, must stay balanced." she thought and committed to memory for later reference.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:02:39 AM
"Good, in this stance, you feel like... lightning bolts are shooting out of your feet, into the ground. You feel connected, centered, and calm. If an attacker attempts to throw you off balance, the first instinct is to push back against them, which isn't a good idea. Instead, watch the way they move, and, if you have time, step to the side and out of the line of attack. If you don't have time, shift your weight the same way, crouch, and roll.

"Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall.'? This is the same thing. The idea is to use the other person's energy and weight to carry you through, which tires them out but uses very little energy of your own, and gets you farther away from the attack.

I stepped a few meters away from her, facing her in the neutral-defensive stance we had just learned. "Think about this. If I am going to charge you, what will you do?"

Adisha Dije
Jun 30th, 2002, 01:48:24 PM
Adisha thought for a moment. " I would pay attention to your movements, and then figure out the best possible side to roll out on and return to a defensive stance, waiting to see what happens next.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:47:08 AM
"A good response, but not fast enough. Training is one thing, but a connection with the force will guide your movements. If I had been attacking you while you were thinking about what to do you would have been thrown to the ground faster than you can say 'Nerf Herder.' Reflexes are important to fighting, but you must train them to be the correct reflex." Quickly, I dropped to a crouch and swung my right leg around, kicking her feet out from under her. I hoped that this meager amount of training would tell her what to do.

Adisha Dije
Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:26:49 AM
She smiled as she got up, " Yes, I suppose that would be a bit more effective."

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:59:15 PM
(OOC: Good response, but try to reply more specifically. For example, you could say that you felt sheepish at not being able to counter the attack, or, conversely, try to jump or roll to the side.) :]

ALSO... Do you have AIM or MSN?

Adisha Dije
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:55:50 PM
OOC: yes I have AIM under the sn padawanadisha, thanks for the tip, i've never done fighting RP before.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:22:11 PM
OOC: Ok, go for it then! The best way to get better is practice, practice, practice. :}

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:46:29 AM
OOC: We can work on your response later, Ok?

I have a mission for us to go on. Jedi Master Figrin D'an has informed me that a situation has come up that requires my attention. I think that you, as well as my padawan Laric N'Worb will come with us to investigate.

Here is the link:

Mission (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20723)

OOC: See ya there!