PDA

View Full Version : 100!!!

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:00:23 PM
The Yankees just reached 100 home runs faster than any other Yankees team in their amazing history.

I had JUST flipped from the Stanley Cup game back to ESPN to see the D'Backs vs. the Yankees and immediately as I flipped, Jeter is up to bat, his first swing, and it's a HOMER! GONE! Absolutely beautiful :)

Yay, I got to see the 100th home run. That was really tight. This Yankees team is pretty darn good.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:09:01 PM
Who hit it? Alfonso again? I love how the Yankees went from being a great hitting team, to a power hitting team.

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:45:12 PM
Derek Jeter hit this one. Man I forgot that guy is only 27, wtf? He is incredible for 27 and he has so much time in front of him. As the announcer said he is really just entering the prime of his career. He has experience, yet he has youth too. That is only true for like 26 to 32 maybe. Not to say you cannot be great at 35, haha, obviously but you are then a real veteran, not "young" anymore for baseball purposes.

I like Soriano a lot. He made a lot of rookie mistakes last year, but this year he seems improved and I knew last year the kid was going to be great, its just that he needed to pick up experience and he is getting that real fast, haha.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:57:24 PM
Jeter is just an amazing baseball player. I don't get to see Jeter in action that often, but no one goes into the hole and fires back to first like he does. I only wish I could see A-Rod more often so I could compare the 2 and see who's the better shortstop. I get to listen (as the Expos don't have a tv deal) to Orlando Cabrera, and he's just as good defensively as either of them, but only has half the power of them. Well maybe not half the power of Jeter, but certainly of A-Rod.