PDA

View Full Version : the movie critics didn't apreciate AOTC too much

Overflow
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:43:23 PM
www.mrqe.com

^_^;

when i first saw the movie, it kinda felt like something was not right, but the feeling just disolved. i'm very angry that a lot of people say that the movie AOTC isn't all that good but then i start thinking : ... aren't i just a little too much of a fan ?

AmazonBabe
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:36:04 PM
Eh, movie critics don't know Jack Schitt. Hence why I don't listen to em. :)

CMJ
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:44:31 PM
I usually agree with the critical consensus on movies. Believe it or not..the consensus on AOTC was good, just barely, but it was good. I read more positive than negative reviews(though it was close).

So I agreed with'em. I loved it. ;)

AmazonBabe
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:49:25 PM
I only liked the critics that gave AOTC GOOD reviews. All the others can kiss my... azaleas. :D :lol

darth_mcbain
Jun 10th, 2002, 04:48:49 PM
I don't usually listen to critics - they're just people with an opinion about a movie - why should I feel like I have to listen to them tell me what I should think?! Some aren't too bad, but I'd rather form my own opinions without them telling me what I should or shouldn't like.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:37:53 PM
I don't usually read reviews of movies, they're always all over the map anyway. You'll find good and bad reviews of any movie, so it's up to each person to see it and review it for themselves.

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:44:32 AM
I hate all critics, I dont know why anyone would listen to them and read there comments. People must decide for themselves and not listen to what other people think. Bottom line, if you go to a movie and enjoy yourself, then it was a good movie. Its all about entertainment. You should not go to movie and analyse it. Most of all I hate Ebert, he bashed AOTC. I couldnt beleive his comments, it made me furios. Just because he's an overweight old gay man with no imagination. Why would you want to listen to what he has to say about a movie, what the -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- does he know?

BOTTOM LINE - CRITICS RUIN MOVIES AND HURT THE INDUSTRY!!!

Nikka DarkStorm
Jun 11th, 2002, 05:00:36 PM
No arguement here.

CMJ
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:52:56 PM
*Yawn*

Critic bashing is so dumb. Everybody has opinions about movies. Why bash their OPINIONS when they are different from yours?! Do you bash other film goers when they disagree with you.

Do you tell them they are an "idiot" or "a old gay fat man". Please...don't be ridiculous. It's their job to tell us what they think about movies. They aren't "more qualified" than we are per se, they just get to write their opinions down.

If you don't think that's a worthy profession so be it. Critics have given their opinions about the arts since ancient Greece however, so it's HARDLY a new phenomenon.

Sanis Prent
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:20:33 PM
Because the profession of critic is lame enough. If there are professional critics, I should get paid to throw my feces against white walls and call it art.

CMJ
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:24:16 PM
You can do it Sanis...whether somone pays you money for it is another matter. :)

darth_mcbain
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:27:33 PM
Exactly. I don't mind the fact that everyone has their own opinion, and I don't care if they have an opinion that is different than mine (that's usually the case). My beef is the fact that they are paid good money for these opinions. Their job description is basically to go watch a bunch of movies, have an opinion about them, and have sufficient skills to write your opinions down... WTF kind of an easy job is that!?!? What other job pays well to have an opinion. Doesn't matter if its right or wrong or if anyone agrees with you. Just have an opinion and you keep your job... Wish it was that simple with my job.

JMK
Jun 12th, 2002, 04:48:45 PM
Maybe we all should have become critics then. :p

Sanis, sadly, your proposed art project has already been done and labeled as art.

Master Yoghurt
Jun 15th, 2002, 06:31:20 AM
This got to be one of the worst reviews I have seen yet.. :x

http://www.culturedose.com/review.php?rid=10003222

0.5 stars out of 5