PDA

View Full Version : Darth Sidious...

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:05:41 PM
Is it possible that Chanceller Palpatine is just a clone in which Sidious uses as a pawn in the senate? I find it odd that we always see palpatine in the senate and then at the end of AOTC we see him as Darth Sidious in that old run down building.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:29:28 PM
It is possible and has been discussed before, but there's no real way of knowing until more info becomes available about Episode 3.

darth_mcbain
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:41:28 PM
It is possible, but I don't think so... I think there are two possible things which discount it:

1) I don't know if Force ability is transferred by the cloning method.

2) Assuming it is transferred, then you'd have two ultra-strong Sith Lords... Knowing the history of the Sith, that could be problematic, as they would be contending with each other for power.

Doc Milo
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:01:16 PM
One more thing that works against that idea is this: Rick McCallum was reported, shortly after TPM came out, as saying something along these lines:

"Sidious is Palpatine. That's Ian under those robes. They're the same person in different clothes. No twins, no clones, nothing like that."

That's not verbatim, but the "no twins, no clones" part is a direct quote.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:43:31 PM
Well that's that then! :)

Darth_Ytnom
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:46:58 AM
He must be one powerful mofo to not be discovered by all the jedi. The Emperor Rules!!!