PDA

View Full Version : Estrogen Advisory!!!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 9th, 2002, 12:14:59 PM
Remember, that Estrogen (the chemical of women and all their evil) is a carcinogen. Thus, to avoid getting CANCER, stay the hell away from the "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood".

I work at the theater, and for the past 3 days, its been non-stop, nothing but women coming to see that cursed movie. And the 3 guys who were forced to go....the look in their eyes was pure sorrow.

I wish I could do something to alleviate their pain...like slip in a beer or something so they don't suffer.

imported_Eve
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:23:11 PM
Such a humanitarian!

(Meybe I am the only female that hates movies like that. Who wants to be all depressed?)

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:05:26 PM
Oh boy, hahaha, yeah what a sad situation. That is the type of chick flick that guys really cannot enjoy.

I loved Legally Blonde, actually, even if it sounds funny that I'd admit that, hehe, but that movie was quite well done. There are good chick flicks, bu this one looks so painful. It already caused me great pain and I've not even seen it yet. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:28:52 PM
:lol

Poor Jonathan!

I'm tempted to watch it..but I won't.

Mu Satach
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:58:41 PM
I shall tread the danger zone for you all this coming week and report back.... cause I like to live dangerously.

>=}

plus... I need something to balance myself out a bit... been watching nothing but gangster action flicks lately...

AmazonBabe
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:30:38 PM
I can't stand chic flix. >_< :x They're too... girly. o_O

Gimme action, adventure... and I don't mind romance and comedy, so long as it's mixed in with one or both of those. Gimme a flic where stuff goes BOOM and stuff blows up all over the place! >D

darth_mcbain
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:43:52 PM
I'll be avoiding that one like the plague... My better half doesn't want to see it either, so I won't be getting dragged there to see it :)

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:51:35 PM
"Gimme action, adventure... and I don't mind romance and comedy, so long as it's mixed in with one or both of those. Gimme a flic where stuff goes BOOM and stuff blows up all over the place!"

Nice! I have rarely heard a girl say that, except my sister. She loves The Matrix, Fight Club (one of her favorites), and a lot of other action movies, hates chick flicks for the most part.

lol, my best friend's girlfriend, even though I think she is really nice and cool, is totally into all of the girliest films around. I feel sorry for Bryan having to watch them all. She didn't like The Matrix, doesn't basically like any good action films, and is totally into chick flicks. Her favorite movie is actually Armageddon, which is pretty weird. That is unquestionably one of the sappiest, most pitiful blockbusters I have ever seen, but oh well.

AmazonBabe
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:57:25 PM
Believe it or not, I feel the pain of all those guys getting dragged by their sisters/girlfriends to see any chick flic that doesn't even deserve spitting on if it were dying of thirst.

Personally, I can't understand those girls. :lol It's funny... when ppl say Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I always raise my hand, tell them I beg to differ, and flat out tell em I'm entirely from another galaxy far, far away.

:: Get's into her X-Wing and jets off to said distant galaxy. :: :p

Mu Satach
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:19:14 PM
:lol

You tell him girl!!! Watching things go boom is fun! >=}

I know the pain of the crappy chick flicks... i had a roommate that would watch almost nothing but the *lifetime* network movies. >_< :x >_< :x
Those are just sick and wrong.

Mu's favorite chick flick... The Long Kiss Goodnight. :smokin

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:37:31 PM
The Lifetime network, jesus...

I can't believe how many girls sit around each week and watch Friends and ER. No guy understand either of those. I've never heard of a guy who watches ER or Friends, but ALL of the college chicks watch ER. It's funny because nobody older or younger or of the other gender ever seems to watch it, yet the ratings are so high, so I figure that literally 99% of all college chicks must watch it. I had babysitters back when I was a bit younger and they were always college-aged, all of them always loved ER. It didn't matter how many I had or what they were like, all of the girls watched it.

I tried watching twice, they were both disgusting and stupid to me, wastes of time.

Friends is only useful because the girls on it are hot. lol, other than that, *yawn*

Amazon I thought you were going to say, "Well I'm from Mars too!" Hahaha.

Lady Vader
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:56:22 PM
Nah... I'm not that looney! ;):p:lol

ReaperFett
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:01:17 PM
She's from Ura.................no, I wont say it:)

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:02:40 PM
Are you sure you don't want to revise that LV? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:14:31 PM
I know guys who like watching Friends. :lol

I like chick flicks, I guess, but I love action movies as well. Well, and Star Wars, of course. You can't tell me Beaches isn't a good movie!

But "Ya-Ya" has such a stupid name, it scares me! I liked "How to Make an American Quilt," and "Fried Green Tomatoes." But I also loved The Matrix, and other action movies. I like to think of myself as a well-rounded individual. :p

Of course, I adore comedies as well..romantic comedies are bettah than 'chick flicks' any day.

Mu Satach
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:25:05 PM
hmm... serious chick flicks I like...

*has to really think hard because the list is soooooo short*

Sophie's Choice, Fried Green Tomatoes,

ummm....

*brain starts to hurt*

I know there has to be more but I'm drawing a blank...

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:30:23 PM
I see...

Well yeah the name is SO stupid that it makes you want to hurt someone. It sounds like it is intentionally incredibly corny just to piss you off or something. I mean, not many titles can actually be so cringe-worthy that I would consider buying my ticket on Fandango for an extra $1 just to avoid having to say the title at the ticket window. Actually, I did that, before I got in my accident, so I already wasted $6.50 on that film. I should have the credit card company cancel the charges, LOL, Fandango would be all ticked off though ;)

I am pretty well-rounded in my taste for films. I like foreign films if they are good, duh, I like some chick flicks myself (Legally Blonde comes to mind), romantic comedies are good if they are more comedy than romance (About A Boy is hardly any romance, same with Groundhog Day, my 2nd favorite comedy overall). Basically I like every type of movie except the pure chick flick that is not even meant to be funny.

If it's a chick flick and it's all sappy and corny and romantic, I want to barf. There is nothing worse than that type of torture.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:33:56 PM
Didn't you like Joy Luck Club? Maybe you should have a chick flick review section of your website.

Mu Satach
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:35:15 PM
Now that's a chick flick I keep meaning to see but never have gotten around to it.

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:38:26 PM
The Joy Luck Club is not enjoyable for any guys, plain and simple.

I read the book, I do not need to see the movie. The book is absolutely one of the worst I have ever read in my life. It's TERRIBLE. It's unbearable, even. No guy could like it because it has nothing to do with guys. It's poorly written too, I don't care how famous or popular it was or how many copies it sold, it's trash. Many books sell a lot of copies, make them good books, that does not.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2002, 06:39:43 PM
:eek
I think I would watch the mundane exploits of the half-wit sisterdom before I saw that.

CMJ
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:50:51 PM
Actually, I rather enjoyed "Joy Luck Club." ;) I'm very much a guy I assure you. LOL!

JonathanLB
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:17:10 PM
That is questionable CMJ! Haha, j/k

Dude that book was so bad, it's the worst thing I have ever read. I read a lot of bad books in school actually, ironically, but that was one of the worst. Terrible trash.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:50:07 PM
Sometimes bad books can be made into good movies. And good books can be made into BAD movies.

I haven't read the book or seen the movie. I'd hesitate to write a movie off because of the book, however. I had to read Captains Couragous for high school English, and man..that book is HARD to read and I quite frankly hated it.

But, the movie version is much more enjoyable. Of course, it changed a lot from the book. Thats probably why I liked it. :p

Doc Milo
Jun 10th, 2002, 11:18:59 PM
Lucky you, McBain. I've heard my better half talking about wanting to go. Maybe I can see if AotC is playing at the same time, and she and her daughter can go to one while me and her son go to AotC!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 10th, 2002, 11:33:29 PM
I wouldnt go see "Ya Ya" for the simple fact that it has an incredibly stupid name. Yeah, "Fried Green Tomatoes" was great!
It all depends on the movie itself, not the genre. If its good, its good, regardless whether its "The Matrix" or "Beaches".

darth_mcbain
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:09:25 AM
I feel for ya Doc... You got the right idea though - see if you can go to AOTC while they do the girl thang... :)

I asked my wife again yesterday if she wanted to see it and she was like "ugh, NO!!!" :) Thank goodness...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:12:36 AM
Most women with any sense of deceny and self worth stay away from what appears to be appalling junk like that.

Mu Satach
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:00:17 PM
Decency and Self worth are not mutually exclusive. :p ;) :lol

I have a couple of guy friends who liked the Joy Luck Club. Course they said afterwards they felt like all men were complete bastards.

which you all are...
;)
hehehehe...

:: runs and ducks ::

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:01:45 PM
Mu, you never said if I was right at CC.net with your Spy Kids question :)