PDA

View Full Version : 2.17M for Thursday...

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:13:54 PM
We are battling well. :)

:duel

flagg
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:49:30 PM
I think the weekday numbers this week are the first sign that AOTC may be starting to have a better hold at the box office. Let's hope the weekend follows that trend.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:51:40 PM
Yeah, me too. I hope "Bad Company" doesn't eat too much of our audience away. I know "Ya Ya" is going for a completely different demographic, so it doesn't concern me.

darth_mcbain
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:57:53 PM
Not that I trust reviewers all that much, but YaYa and Bad Company both got pretty lousy reviews out here, so I'm hoping they don't take any sizable chunk out of the B.O. They will probably have decent openings, but I don't think they'll be around all that long.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:04:27 PM
I think "Company" and "Fears" will canabalize each other to be honest.

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:26:16 PM
My thoughts exactly, CMJ. I truly expect AotC to hold well this weekend.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:13:55 PM
That is a pretty good number it has bascially stayed about 2.1-2.2 all week which is great. Spirt has had an intreasting week it went up from 1.30 to 1.57 from Tuesday to Thursday, does anybody think it could beat Spiderman for the Weekend? I personally think it has a slim chance it almost overcame it Thursday, fell short by about 40,000

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:15:13 PM
It has a "chance" but not this week. Next week may be a different matter.

JonathanLB
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:15:01 PM
I see Spirit displaying staying power in the 25-30% decline range, really good, last weekend was just an anomoly because every movie fell harder.

It will pass Spider-Man quickly, but... I doubt the Web slinger cares, lol, look at the score board ;)

AOTC is going to have a good weekend I think for sure! 0 theater loss, great mid-week numbers compared to previously, and I think a 35% decline or so is likely, give or take 5%.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:30:41 PM
Out of all the films "Spirit" has shown the best weekday legs. That plus the fact that it only fell 37% last weekend(in a weekend of HARD falls) shows that the film will play for awhile IMHO.

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:04:12 PM
I think Spirit is benefitting by being the most kid friendly film out at the moment. Spidey's got a glider impaling and AOTC has limb chopping. It's not gong to put up major numbers, but it'll do reasonably well.

But please, can we NOT discuss YA YA. I've got a baaaaad feeling I'm going to be a victim of the Sisterhood before the month is over. I've had my pick at the ticket booth for the last few trips to the movie theater so my wife is due big time. If only some virus would strike me down with all of its hatred! Then I could spared a journey to chick flick HELL!!! :\

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:06:16 PM
LOL, it might not be TOO bad Jedieb. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:07:28 PM
Spirt has been a surprise I think it will make it to 100. Hopefully AOTC continues to show good legs this weekend, If it makes at least 14 I will happy.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:08:51 PM
If AOTC makes 14M I'll be happy...if it does more I'll be thrilled.

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:15:51 PM
Chick flicks are usually well written, well acted, and full o' hot babes. So I usually enjoy them. But every once in awhile you get trapped in a hellish zone that makes you question why you married the woman that dragged you to see the film in the first place. I'm talking about movies like The Object of My Affection, Sleeping With the Enemy, Enough, Hanging Up, or Be... Bea.... Beac... oh god, I can't even say it. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:27:41 PM
And this one looks like only women will understand if the critics are any indication.

JediBoricua
Jun 7th, 2002, 10:57:05 PM
Jedieb we should do a support group.....I will be a victim of the sisterhood too.....

Quadinaros
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:50:41 PM
Heh. Well, you two Jedi have yourselves a good time at YaYa sisterhood. I'll be seeing the Divine Secrets of the Yoda Brotherhood again myself. :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:24:53 AM
Jedieb, I feel your pain man. I'm going to see that thing tomorrow. This is one reason why being a critic just sucks really badly. Even Crossroads looks great compared to Ya-Ya.

Well at least I already know how I am going to end my review (I love bad titles): "Just say no-no to Ya-Ya." lol.

It looks like it could be the worst movie of the year without even making a conscious effort. It is a guy's kryptonite. You know a movie sucks when it makes you question your very existence. You know a movie is really, really unbearable when you start feeling animosity towards the person who brought you to it, even though they had nothing to do with its making. ;)

$14M for the weekend for AOTC would be quite good... If it hit $15M, it would seem to have a great chance at one more weekend with over $10M...