PDA

View Full Version : MTV Movie Awards

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:14:59 PM
Well if it is any consenlation LOTR won Best Movie at the MTV movie awards it won 2 in all. Moulin Rouge won two and no other film won more than one. Also Ewan and Natalie presented an award together Natalie was beautiful as usual :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:07:25 AM
Is a MTV award worth anything?

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:46:29 AM
About as much as an Oscar. ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:11:11 AM
Paperweight then ;)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:50:39 AM
Man the MTV awards are a joke. I used to be somewhat entertained by the ceremony at least...but even that has gone downhill in recent years.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:06:10 AM
well keep in mind, anything MTV has to do with is normally trash:)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2002, 10:30:27 AM
Well they have been entertaining though at times some of the sketches were lame the whole Jack Black LOTR sketch was completely lame (I am not going to say what it was) and the music was terrible the only act I knew of was Enieme and I don't care for him. I was glad LOTR won though, the thing is just a popularity contest, I think its better than the People choice Awards where nobody shows up to accept their awards.

Doc Milo
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:29:01 PM
Well, Buff, the trash is where you'd usually find most of the Hollyweird elite.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:44:01 PM
Grrr Doc. I hope if I make it out here some day you have kinder words for me.

:headbash

;)

Dogsmack
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:55:17 PM
While you guys are thrashing MTV movie awards, you are aware that GL showed up to pick up an award for best action sequence a couple years back. And as someone said Ewan & Natalie were there presenting an award. Yeah MTV award is strictly a popularity contest but it's fun to watch. You guys need to realize that Star Wars is not ABOVE Hollywood. It is a part of Hollywood. Now if MTV is trash then George/Ewan/Natalie must love trash.
:D :D :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:36:31 PM
I love Ewan! :love

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:06:26 PM
Yeah I thought Natalie was very pretty on it, she looked great in that shirt :) Now I don't have any problem with the MTV movie awards, I just thought the sketches were a little lame and vulgar, especially the one with LOTR and what Jack Black did to the Ring that was a little gross. I thought the Panic Room sketch was better. The best thing about it there was no tribute crap like the Oscars had so it didn't drag until 1AM in the morning so for that I was grateful.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:11:31 PM
MTV=a little lame and vulgar

See, it all adds up. :)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:13:32 PM
Man...MTV went downhill at least 6 years ago...about the same time music did for that matter. ;)

Admiral Lebron
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:19:04 PM
I got the results for the Movie awards like on tuesday or monday. They were on the site..

Doc Milo
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:49:32 AM
Just don't turn into one of those "plastic people" out there, and anything I say won't be aimed at you, CMJ. :angel

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:13:57 AM
They aren't all plastic Doc...that's a stereotype. :p

Nonetheless I would be the last person to ever get all fake. Hell, I'll be a T-shirt and jeans kinda guy my whole life. ;)

Can't get anymore down to earth than that.

Doc Milo
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:15:56 AM
Yeah -- I'm trashing the stereotypical Hollywood elitiist (the Susan Serandons, Chers, etc...)

Stay down to Earth -- they may hate you for it, but that's a way to make it there too, no? :)

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:42:56 AM
Sure is Doc. I won't change for anything....trust me. You'll be hard pressed to find someone more set in their ways than I. Whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable(don't ask my ex gf though, she'll pump you full of anti-CMJ propaganda). ;)

Darth23
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:30:07 AM
I thought the Spiderman sequence was pretty entertaining. They kind of brought up some of the aspects of the movie that are there more in subtext.

The big openign prodiction number was pretty cool. I didn't see most of the show but I'm sure it will be on about 10 more times in the next few weeks so I'll probably catch more of it.

imported_Eve
Jun 9th, 2002, 02:24:23 PM
Who the hell are the White Stripes? Kelly Ozbourne was good IMO. Ewan McGreggor looked hot.

I like the MTV awards. They aren't as stuffy as other award shows. I think the actors actually like getting these awards more than most because they are voted on by the fans, the hip fans (meaning: if they win an award deemed so by this fan base, they must be hip or "in"), and the largest base of money-spending fans. MTV is worldwide, innovative in show content, highly-rated, and huge. They also have a chance to win in categories that aren't presented elsewhere. Someone like Jackie Chan (who we love and who kicks ass) will never win an Oscar, but he can win Best Fight and be just as loved in America.

Of course, the Oscar is best thing for a SERIOUS actor LOL.

(I think MTV and the Discovery Channels have the best shows anymore, BTW).

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:43:34 PM
Yeah the White stripes confused me I couldn't understand a word they said, also I don't care for Enimem, I think he is a loud mouth who likes the attention.

Quadinaros
Jun 9th, 2002, 04:52:49 PM
Personally, I only tune into MTV once a year, and that's to watch the Movie Awards. This year I recorded the show so I could fast forward thru all the musical numbers. :rolleyes

Overall, I thought it was a very entertaining show, and it's clear that the celebs are truly appreciative of receiving these awards.