PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book films overseas

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:26:26 PM
I figured I do some research on it and I was shocked to find out not did no comic book film make 300 overseas (unless you count Men in Black which made 337) but no comic book movie has made 200 overseas here is the list and its shocking
Superman 166
Batman 162
Batman Forever 151
X-Men 137
Batman and Robin 130
Batman Returns 120

To me it is a shock that 20+ year old film is the best of them, for some reason I though X-Men did better and I thought the Batman films did over 200 but I guess I was wrong. I think this shows that Spiderman will not do that well overall overseas, I think it wil top Superman, and make 300 but it won't do more than 350-400 overseas.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:31:13 PM
I think all the talk of Spider Man's crazy B.O. performance domestically will drive alot of viewers overseas to see it. It will definetly, easily take #1 overseas IMO.

ReaperFett
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:32:17 PM
What about Blade?

Oh, and remember there are other forms to Comics. X-Men wasnt marked much. But you ask ANYONE of my age range, and they all loved the cartoon. And we were too old for that! :)

The problem is that they do the US market, and then stop caring. They release it months later, barely advertise, as if they have something to be ashamed about. The only thing our market misses is the older fans who collected the comics for 30 years or something, and even then we have some, we DO have comics :)

Spiderman however HAS been hyped, and it at least looks interesting to me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:38:49 PM
Blade isn't listed on the top 200 so I have no idea where to look. I don't think Spiderman will be # overseas it will be either Attack of the Clones, Harry Potter 2 (the first one did almost 650 ) or TTT (the FOTR has done 537), that would be my guess I don't see it making more than 500 that would just be a shock and I think one, if not all three will make more than 500 million, still it will be the #1 comic book movie probably even countin MIB.

foxdvd
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:51:28 PM
Blade.....International......57.8 million

BUFFJEDI
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:08:52 PM
Nothing that pertains to spider-man can be rule out :( I really don't get it O_o