PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a handheld PDA?

Mu Satach
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:01:09 PM
What do you have?
Why do you like it?
What don't you like about it?
etc. etc. etc.

Basicly, I've decided I *ahem* NEED one... well... could really really really use one... SOOOOoooo... I'm in the market... doin my shopping comparison and will be forking over the moola from my piggy bank in the next few weeks.

ps - if there is a more appropriate forum for this I'm sorry. It can be moved. This is just the forum that I read the most that I know is filled with tech junkies like me. :D

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:11:11 PM
A handheld Public Display of Affection?

Can't say I have one of those... I could probably use one though! ;) lol

Mu Satach
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:31:38 PM
:p

Pocket PC, Palm Pilot, Personal Data Assistant... yadda yadda yadda...

So would a handheld public display of affection be a toy poodle?

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:37:44 PM
It would be this device where you open it up and there is this hot girl who gives you a kiss so you don't feel like a loser going alone to theaters ;) LOL, j/k

I had a PDA once, it was years and years ago, and it was better than all of the stupid Palm's that have conquered the masses. Palms suck hard. If there is no keyboard, there is no deal. I wouldn't buy anything without a keyboard. Their stupid grafitti program is not innovative or new anyway, my PDA had that AND a keyboard.

I had the HP OmniGo100, which was nice and small and fit into my pocket easily. I'd like to get a new version of that, but I don't think they have one, besides the HP Jornada 900 I got, but that was $900 and like a mini laptop, jeez.

Mu Satach
Jun 6th, 2002, 05:06:37 PM
Oh yeah... I saw that thing today when I was looking at the Pocket PC's.... Sharp has this little one with a mini keyboard intigrated into it that slides out.... mad cool... don't know if I can afford a Pocket PC... unless maybe I find a used one someone wants to get rid of. :)

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:54:43 PM
Or....OR, you could grow to be 30 feet tall and just carry around your PC. That seems more viable to me instead of buying those crazy expensive gadgets.

Mu Satach
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:28:43 PM
True true... would be hard getting dates though. ;)

Right now I'm leaning towards a Handspring Visor Edge. There's no way I'm spending over $300. :p

Mu Satach
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:31:18 PM
ok... I'm hooked... now I can't decide between a Jornada, ipaq, sony clie, or the visor... I was all set to get the Visor then I saw that for just a wee bit more I might be able to afford a color pocket pc...

rats...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:34:55 PM
RATS!? Where!? :eek

I just wish I could afford a cell phone. I better get my raise at work or I'll be sorry. I mean, THEY'LL be sorry. :p

Mu Satach
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:06:17 PM
oh geez... I just got through playing with the Sharp that has the little keyboard that slides out... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

it made these nifty little clicky sounds and the display was ooooooooo ooooo oooo pretty.

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:46:11 AM
I like my Jornada. It's pretty nice, but I do not use it anymore.

I am such a sucker for gadgets and equipment.

I still have my NV100 Night Vision Scope, which I was thinking of selling, now my Canon Elph digital camera, plus my very expensive Canon XL-1S digital camcorder, plus my Panasonic PVDV200 digital camcorder, plus a few other cheapo spy digital cameras, plus my camera wristwatch, plus my DataLink200 wrist watch for storing information, my Jornada, and tons of other junk, haha.

Mu Satach
Jun 10th, 2002, 05:26:05 PM
If I had the money I'd have more gadgets and equipment then I would know what to do with.

I've got the Ironman DataLink watch and a mini digital camera that takes low resolution pictures.

If I want to having fun while shopping must include a trip to either a radio shack, ultimate electronics, or a computer store. Otherwise it just ain't fun. >=)

And I think I've settled on a Sony Clie... they've just discontinued their current line which means the prices are dropping down to my range. :D