PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 for Wednesday

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:50:27 PM
We're battling well this week...

:duel

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:04:40 PM
I'd say so but look at SOFA it made over 3 on Tuesday and now it is only about 600 above us that is a drop, I expect it do drop almost 50% this weekend. And what about Spirt, it is only 50,000 behind Spiderman, man I think it might pass Spiderman for today, it would surprise me a bit.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:07:35 PM
Me thinks the legs are coming for AotC!

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:13:46 PM
We'll see...all hope is not lost, that's for sure. Also we dropped by a lesser percent than "Spider-Man" for the first day(if I remember right).

Is the train back on track? Tune in tommorrow!

"The Force will be with you...always."

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:15:25 PM
Do you mean compared to last Wed? Becasuse Lee says both movies drop 8% compared to Tuesday.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:18:49 PM
Well actually we dropped 7.7% they dropped 7.9%. Yes...practically the same number, but it's the first time we've actually even beaten it's drops(to my knowledge) even if it is just fractionally.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:24:26 PM
Well thats cool, I think we will have better long term legs than Spiderman has been showing but because they had such a huge jump on us that will end up being the reason it beat us for the summer at least, I think it is a similar thing that happened to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Though I don't think we will get as close as LOTR has to HP, only a difference of about 5-6 million, we could get within a hundred if we get over the 300 million mark, I am hoping that we at least beat HP that would make me happy.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:28:47 PM
I think "Spider-Man" would hold well this week, but I have the feeling it's gonna lose alot of it's screens which will be tough on the webslinger.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:38:15 PM
I think Spiderman will fall under 10 million could make as little as 7 or as much as 9.5, it will depend on how many screens it loses.

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:45:31 PM
Spider-Man vs. AOTC is much like HP vs. LOTR.

Not an intelligent adult on earth would call HP better than LOTR, yet HP made more money. By the same comparison, everyone smart knows AOTC beats the pants off Spidey in quality, money or not ;)

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:48:09 PM
I don't know, that might be slightly too large of a generality Jonathan.

:x

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:53:05 PM
I know, I'm just joking. ;)

Spider-Man rules, it's almost insulting to compare it to HP, jesus. That was mean.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:57:21 PM
Well I agree about HP over LOTR now I think AOTC is better than Spiderman but I am sure there are people who would disagree with me. I really was just making a money comparrison saying that AOTC will have better legs than Spiderman like LOTR had better legs than HP, but that is really because each movie has more diehard fans than anything else.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:59:58 PM
Yeah...well there are SOME people that prefer HP ya know. I mean they do exist...and it's not just kids.

My folks liked HP pretty well(my Mom more so than my Dad) and they definitely enjoyed it more than FOTR.

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:03:49 PM
As I said, "intelligent adults" prefer LOTR.

LOL, j/k man ;)

Seriously though HP is SO far inferior to LOTR, jesus. The filmmaking craft is just not even in question. I guarantee the "elitists" in the critical community, uhh, probably myself included, would simply laugh at someone who suggested HP is better than FOTR. It's not.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:10:21 PM
Well I'd tend to agree with that. My dad even admitted that FOTR was a well crafted film, he just didn't derive much enjoyment from it.

My folks have really interesting taste in films thats for sure. Sometimes they enjoy the most elitest, high brow stuff...and sometimes they like the most simple type films. I can never tell what they will like. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:12:34 PM
Yeah that is fair, though, I am the same way sometimes. I like to be entertained. Nothing wrong with enjoying HP for its entertainment value more than LOTR I suppose, though I have to say I was quite entertained by FOTR...

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:27:08 PM
I was never even remotely tempted to see HP, but I loved FOTR.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 05:11:40 PM
I cant understand how anyone could think HP was a better film than FOTR. That's one reason why I think there was a great deal of venom from LOTR fans that Ebert gave LOTR 3 stars and HP 4. Does not compute. I mean, FOTR is one of those films that you could put up a fairly convincing argument that it is one of the best films seen in a decade. I dont think you could do that with HP

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 05:29:03 PM
Well that was definitive proof that Ebert is a MORON. His opinion doesn't matter anymore because he is simply too idiotic lately to take seriously. Gladiator 2 stars, Spider-Man and AOTC get mediocre reviews, he calls HP better than LOTR, jesus, this guy is just a dumb lamer.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 05:55:51 PM
Well.... I wouldnt go as far as to say he's a moron, but I say he is making a few fundamental errors when evaluating movies now. I used to agree with his reviews, but right now I almost violently disagree with some. LOTR was the worst review of his I read, it read more like a book snob and it was bloody hard to read. As well as the fact he scored LOTR lower than HP, which dumbfounded me. Of all the people, I would have expected him to mark LOTR highly!Oh and the AOTC reivew was a stunner to me too. I have to agree, no one I know thinks AOTC was a worse film that TPM, and yet it got 2.5 stars compared to TPM 3.5??? And the reivew was more sledging digital technology than a review of the film itself.

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:40:12 PM
Yeah I agree, basically everyone thinks AOTC is a better film. I don't think it's "better" but AOTC is above TPM in my personal SW rankings, hehe.

Did he give AOTC 2.5 stars now? I read his original review and it was 2 stars, lol, that's funny if he changed it.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:45:44 PM
Aw c'mon Jon, you can do it! Just try! Repeat after me:

"Attack of the Clones is a superior movie to The Phantom Menace in every way".

Try it, you'll like it! ;)

Threepio
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:54:11 PM
I went to see HP only for the AOTC trailer in front of it. :p

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:56:51 PM
Though MOST people seem to think AOTC is better, not all do.

Darth23 anyone(I know there are others but he's the first to come to mind)..... :)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:17:44 PM
I Loved TPM , still do. I do feel AOTC is a better movie Entertainment wise,but I think TPM is better in a thinking type movie(hope you know what i mean O_o ). But by far AOTC rules my star wars Universe :)

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:47:06 PM
Actually JMK, "I don't think so!"

The podrace is vastly superior to the race through Coruscant, TPM has a more impressive, awe-inspiring saber duel, it is more subtle and has better foreshadowing, and is absolutely a wonderful introduction to the saga.

AOTC is an awesome movie, and it's my favorite SW film so far, but it's not superior in every way to TPM, LOL, not by a long shot. All of the Star Wars movies have their individual strengths and purposes and together they form one major saga.

TPM is the greatest film ever made, along with the other four Star Wars films. I don't mean entertainment-wise either, I mean that there is simply no better film that has ever been produced in the history of mankind, spare the other four films which are tied. :) There never will be better films than the SW ones either. Ever. Even if time continues for infinite no films will ever pass the SW movies. They are divine.

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:19:24 PM
AOTC loses 0 theaters this weekend...

Spider-Man -411.

AOTC will hold stronger than Spidey this weekend, I believe.

34% decline. :)