PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Think You Are: Runaway

Gitane Blesse
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:33:45 PM
A small, diamond tear dropped onto the back of her hand as Gitane ran her fingers against the cloth of the covers, regret, self-hatred, nostalgia, all washing over her. She stood alone in the empty structure of the connected homes on Helios, where she and Vega once lived. She'd had nothing at the Empire for her to take with her, and asking Vega if he possessed any of her old clothing, seemed a forbidden choice.

So she found herself in a dust-cloaked room of Ares, gathering any item she might along the way need.

Gitane hugged a few outfits to her chest as she walked across the room, her bare feet brushing only lightly over the ground. She bit her tongue to stiffle a whimper, despite knowing that she was alone.

But... She wasn't. Her ears tingled with startled surprise as the sound of a door opening creaked through the air.

"Who's there...?!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:36:31 PM
"Who do you think?"

A smirk came over Vega's lips as he looked down towards Gitane, watching as she hung onto the items in her arms like some comfort blanket. The Sith Lord stood in the doorway of the room, leaning against the frame somewhat. His arms were folded over his chest, and the look on his face and in his eyes was fairly indifferent.

Gitane Blesse
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:41:40 PM
Both sorrow and relief struck through her body as Gitane found herself looking at her husband. She sighed and tucked the clothing into her bag before tying it shut and slinging it over her shoulder. Her eyes closed tightly and she started towards him.

"What are you doing here..?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:37:51 AM
"This is my house, aren't I allowed to be here?"

He took a few steps out of the doorway, letting his hands fall to his sides. He slipped them into his pockets, looking down to this boots as he scuffed them against the floor boards.

"... Just thought I'd come and give you a proper goodbye before you leave."

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:18:01 AM
Gitane let her bag slip to the floor, her fingers clutching the cloth of its strap as her eyes locked onto the ground. Her chest almost visibly shook with a trembling breath. She slowly lift her head to look at Vega, her eyes glistening lightly with tears, voice tight in her throat.

"I can't do this alone.."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:21:38 AM
Vega took a few more paces forward, tilting his head to the side somewhat. He had tried to convince himself that he hated her, that she was weak ... but he couldn't. Seeing her like this forced him to feel otherwise.

"... How can I help you?"

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:28:12 AM
"Come wi- ..."

Gitane let her voice cut off, biting at her lip. She couldn't ask that of him.. She couldn't ask him to drop everything for her, especially after the way she left. Sighing quietly, she blinked away the stinging tears.

"..Any way... Everything feels new. Moving, speaking...Living. I don't know if I can learn it all again, by myself."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:32:27 AM
He sighed somewhat and rose one hand, brushing it against her cheek.

"As long as you need my help I swear I will give it. I can't ever possibly imagine how you feel, I know this ... so all I can do is offer ... well ... "

Another sigh.

"Anything and everything."

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:40:47 AM
"Vega..."

Gitane pratically fell forward, her arms wrapping tightly around him. Her shoulders were faintly shaking as she nearly forced herself to calm down. Her voice hovered for a moment before she whispered against his chest.

"Come with me.."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:48:33 AM
"Of course ... anything."

He slipped his arms around her, holding her in close against him. Letting his eyes fall shut he held back a sigh as he thought about what he was going to do. He would go with her, and there was no questionning that. Vega nodded softly and opened his eyes, looking back down at her, his soulmate.

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:53:38 AM
A soft smile came over her lips as Gitane looked up at her husband. Her arms tightened for a moment before dropping slowly, her lips brushing against his chin.

"Thank you.."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:05:08 AM
Vega smiled in return, setting a light kiss against her lips.

"I love you,"

The feeling he'd felt inside earlier, of her abandoning him, faded quickly and once again he found he was held. Entranced.

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:08:06 AM
"And I love you.."

Her skin tingled as she listened to the three, simple words. She smiled a bit more warmly, leaning down to lift her bag again, her fingers touching the back of his hand before she slipped her fingers between each of his.

"Where to, then..?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:17:34 AM
Lacing his fingers with hers, he held her hand gently within his.

"Somewhere empty, where we can be alone, but somewhere with the right conditions for developing your skills,"

He paused, watching his love as he thought to himself.

"Korriban?"

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:29:03 AM
Thinking for a moment, Gitane tilt her head. She walked over the floor, perching on the edge of the bed and pulling her legs up to hug.

"Korriban..?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:11:49 AM
An amused smile came over his lips as he walked to sit down on the bed by Gitane.

"It's one of the most concentrated dark side areas of the galaxy. Totally desolate,"

He canted his head down to try and catch her line of sight.

"Sound good?"

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:14:43 AM
A slow grin stretched over her lips as Gitane looked up at the man. She gave a quick nod and giggled in delight at the meager description. Her palms placed on the bed, she lifted herself up and tucked her feet beneath her.

"Sounds delightful"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:37:43 AM
He leant back somewhat, propping himself up with his elbows behind him. A lopsidedly smile spread further over his lips.

"And when do you want to leave?"

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:40:54 AM
Patting her bag lightly, Gitane smirked a bit and leapt onto her feet, standing on the bed.

"I was planning to leave a few minutes ago, actually."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:44:02 AM
"Could you hold off a little then?" he said with a grin.

"I'll only take a couple of minutes to pack and sort a few things out."

Gitane Blesse
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:45:19 AM
Gitane gave a light nod and jumped down from the bed, tossing her arms around Vega. She giggled again before picking up her bag and skittering out of the room to wait for him.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:48:17 AM
He shook his head and laughed under his breath; this would be fun. Looking around he found a holdall and picked up what clothes he could find, just some basic things, and shoved them inside the bag. Following this he picked up some small weapons and dropped them in the side pocket.

"Hmm.."

Taking out a comm. link into his hand he set it to transmit to Dara and dropped it out on the desk that was to his left. He recorded a message then pressed send before turning away from the room. The Sith slung the bag over his shoulder and paced out of the room. It was the last time he'd see it, and or anyone else for that matter, for a long time.

"Alright, I'm all ready!"