PDA

View Full Version : Backlash against the Jedi?

darth_mcbain
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:35:08 AM
Do you think that in the next episode there might be a backlash against the Jedi? I was wondering this, because the Jedi are supposed to be the guardians of peace and justice - yet Anakin's actions at the Tusken camp clearly do not follow that ideal. If word gets out that Jedi are capable of doing this, it could cause a backlash and mistrust of the Jedi. This would tend to alienate Anakin from the Jedi order (if he is even allowed to stay in) and could cause problems for the Jedi if they are not trusted as they once were.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:50:13 AM
I think there will be but I think Palpatine will be behind it, to me there has to be some backlash because why would the people allow the Jedi to be killed like that. I think there will be some similarities to the Jews and the Holocaust.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:11:18 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure how it will play out to be honest. I think alot will simply be killed leading the Army of the Republic into battle against the Droid Armies. I mean Generals do get killed occasionally. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:49:50 PM
Sure but a 1000? I think that is unlikely, probably Palpatine will say the Jedi are against the Republic and will be seen as bad, a lot of people may not like them, see them as arrogant away from society in their ivory temple not carring about the people so they will not care if they are killed over time. I think Vader will kill some of them and the rest will be the Clonestroopers, and bounty hunters (like Boba Fett who will probably pick off a few padawans I am thinking)

JMK
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:46:03 AM
I think it will be a little of both. Palpatine will definetly orchestrate the demise of the Jedi, now whether that be because he sends them into a suicidal battle or because he turns the entire galaxy against them.

Starquest aka AndyR
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:28:57 AM
I think Palpatine will spawn the hatred politically, then let the backlash have a life of its own...
All he would have to do to start it would be to win a few battles with the clones, then say "The jedi were against an army... The jedi were against our victory!!" - followed by cheers and lightsaber burnings....

Doc Milo
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:20:24 PM
Except, I'm not sure the Jedi were against the army.

Amidala was against the army.

But the Jedi seemed as if they were asking for help...

"There aren't enough Jedi to protect the republic. We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers..."

I don't think Palpatine will want to be the one to publically stir the backlash. I think he will, as Sidious, manipulate other members of the Senate to start the whispering, and criticizing of the Jedi...

JediBoricua
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:17:09 PM
Well according to the holonet news that appeared before the movie there are numerous political groups against the jedi. College students and activists were camping in front of the temple demanding that a baby girl be returned to her mother after she was taken away by the jedi. The story went that after a collapse of a building jedi rescuers found the baby and seeing her force potential and assuming both parents were dead they took her and began training. Now the jedi say it is too dangerous to return her to her mother.

Other groups want that all funds given to the jedi by the republic be public, for they believe the corruption of the Senate has entered the temple. In fact I believe that the jedi backlash has been underway for a long time, by TPM there are only 10,000 jedi, but in years past the number surpassed 100,000.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:36:48 AM
"If word of this got out, the enemies of the Jedi will multiply"

I say that there will be a big backlash. It may even be the Jedi get the blame fair and square for the war.

JMK
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:41:51 AM
They definetly going to take some heat from someone for something. ;)