PDA

View Full Version : Seeking....(open)

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:11:30 AM
A storm raged on Arcan IV, and the rain relentlessly pounded down on the buildings that dotted the landscape. A lone figure made its way from Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill, to a larger building with beautiful architecture. The blast doors of the Jedi Academy hissed open and the wet figure entered, grateful to be out of the driving torrent of rain. Lifting a hand, the figure removed its hood from its head...revealing a pretty young woman with intelligence in her eyes. She removed her wet cloak and laid it on a chair by the doors. Anyone who was there could clearly see who it was...Xazor Dawnstrider, Warrior Jedi Knight...and it was no surprise to find her at the Academy.

Sighing slightly, the Knight looked over her wet robes and quickly cured the problem of water by speeding up the atoms around her body...creating heat to dry her clothes. Withing a minute her robes were perfectly dry...as was her hair. Adorned in Garou Warrior braids with gold coins woven into them, she was a picture of culture and beauty, quite different from the appearance of a drowned rat she had held only moments ago. Smiling as she stretched her weary arms, the woman made her way to the center of the room...where she drew a shiny silver saber hilt from her weapons belt.

A finger slipped over the ignition button and two blue blades shot forth from the base of the hilt, giving off a familiar humming sound. She smiled and twirled it in her right hand before bringing it to a stop even at her waist, parallel to the ground. Looking into the shadows and places of light, the Knight called out.

"I seek a spar...a challenge."

Her voice carried softly, but was filled with the power of determination...and strength of an indomitable spirit. She sought to learn more than she already knew...and use what she had already learned...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:19:54 AM
From the darkness of a corner a red sabre snapped to life, illuminating myself as I stepped forward.

"I believe I owe you this spar"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:01:30 AM
A lump formed in Xazor's throat as she turned around and saw the light glow of the red saber. The voice was familiar...and her suspicions of the owner were correct. It was Helenias...her friend and mentor, and one great Warrior. The young Knight would learn a lot this day.

"I thank you for this...if you wish, you may take the first move."

The Knight said with a bit of nervousness in her voice. This spar would prove to be very interesting indeed...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:51:51 AM
"Xazor - never, ever allow you opponent the first move. It gives them the chance to control the fight. Even in a spar, treat it like a true fight. To do such things teachs and enforces bad habits. Even if it is to circle and to get ready, do so. The way to fight is being in control"

All the while, I had the lightsabre held out in front of me, one handed. I was indeed circling at that point, selecting my time to attack. My other hand came up, gripped the sabre and with a step in, I slashed down across her body

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:05:06 PM
Xazor listened well....noticing that Helenias was doing just as she had said, circling her with her saber ready. Suddenly the attack came, a slash across her body. Xazor was ready, though, and met it with her saber's blade, pushing the other women back. Just as Helenias was shoved back, the young Knight called on the Force, lifting several decorative rocks with her mind....then throwing them at the back of her fellow Knight.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:58:20 AM
With speed that only one trained as a fighter over years could achieve, I spun on my heel as the Force warned me of the danger approaching. In a blur, my sabre moved. At my feet fell the rocks, most cut in half. Again I spun in a blink, sabre pulled back like a dagger, held high and red blade pointing at Xazor's throat, my free hand with palm out in front of me.

A puase, then I attacked again, stabbing forward.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:03:49 AM
Xazor ducked and slammed her side into Helenias, then falling to the ground the woman fell over her. Xazor rose to her feet and called on some loose rafters from the ceiling, and with the Force, she sent them falling on top of the woman...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:09:32 AM
There was enough time to raise a hand up from where I was on the floor - to catch the falling wood with the Force - and to change it's direction and fling it at Xazor instead. Already I was starting to sum up her fighting style and consdiering beginning to dip into some tried and true tatics.

As the rafters were beign dealt with, I was on my feet and following. Into the air I leapt, kicking out in a flying hook kick - not aimed at Xazor, but to suddenly force one of the flying wood chuncks back in the direction of the other Knight

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:14:26 AM
Xazor felt Helenias block the wood with the Force, and she pretty much assumed where it was going. The Knight set up a Force wall and the wood smashed against it. Her face then met a last piece of wood sent by Helenias's hook kick.

Falling backwards, Xazor gathered her footing once again. Smiling, she set up Force walls around Helenias and called over water from the man made fountain.....then dumped it all over the block. She ran over to it and placed her hand in the water, freezing it with her strong ability to control the element of cold. Hence, she performed the "Ice Cube" for Helenias. Grinning, Xazor stepped back and waited to see what her reaction to it was......as the temperatures dropped drastically inside. It was a harmful illusion/reality mix that she had created on her own...and she was very proud of it...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:22:48 AM
OOC : How long does this "cube" take to do?

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:25:55 AM
ooc: It takes me about a minute, depending who you are....actually...... :lol I haven't quite decided. I would think a minute is about fair. It takes nothing to put up Force walls, and then to get the water there isn't too hard for a Knight, and then for me to run over there and freeze it. :) Half a minute or a minute....you decide! :)

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:49:17 AM
OOC : I would have time to do this then....

___

I suddenly felt myself halted as if by some unseen hand all around me. A bit puzzled by this unexpected move, I tested the barrier's strength.... then I saw the Knight was up to something. I observed quietly, wondering what she was up to. The answer came with a slew of water in this temporay prision. It was now I realised she was doing something with the Force and intended to trap me - whatever it was, it would have to be taking concentration. As the water cascaded over myself, I too concentrated and then pushed with my mind. Not the walls, but at Xazor herself. This was not a normal push, but more of a short, sharp slap that sent her off her feet and broke her concentration for a fraction I needed. The barriers around me weakened enough that I was able to leap upwards, somersaulting to land on my feet. I was about to resent arms with the sabre again when I realsied it was not lon. I pressed the actuvate button, but only got a wet sizzling.

Damn. The water burned the focus dish out. No real problem, I had something else.... out from it's place at my side, came a long thim piece of metal, pommel on one end and sharp point on the other. It swung in my hands as I touched the power button. The useless sabre was thrown hard at Xazor's head, before I pounced once again.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:59:14 AM
ooc: Wow! You're the first person to get the secret of my cube! Shhh....don't tell anyone! ;)

ic:

Xazor fell backwards and hit the ground hard. Her concentration had been severed....and the cube was ruined. She smiled to herself but was suddenly shocked when the saber hit her in the head and nearly knocked her out. She felt the deep gash, which was bleeding now...but she forced the pain from her mind. She had to concentrate now. Doing a reverse shoulder roll, the Knight was ready once again.

Jumping to her feet, Helenias seemed to have the upper hand and was coming at her once again. Gritting her teeth as she went, Xazor blocked the strike and dove at the women's feet, taking her out to the ground. She had to be careful not to be struck by her fellow Warrior's weapon as she fell. Disengaging her saber, Xazor clipped it to her belt and pulled a shiny silver sword from her back. It was long and wide....and the name "Chase" was engraved on the top. She smiled and held it out in front of her in a perfect defensive stance, her recessive hand above the sword, and her dominant hand gripping it tightly....waiting...

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:33:56 AM
Clever... very clever. A sabre was useless against the Pike and Xazor probaly remembered that. But there was more to the Pike itself than just the Corolsis coating - there was the fact the Imperial Pike was also an energy weapon. From the floor I pointed it's tip and fired. A arc of energy crackled, electricty crackled and spat as the capacitors in the pommel discharged in a burst. Ozone began to be smelt after the burst and i blinked to get rid of the brief dazzling effect. Coming back to my feet, I resumed a defensive stance.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:35:39 AM
Xazor's sword had energy running through it also, something of which she had rigged with crystal powering. Smiling to herself, she flipped a switch in the hilt and a beam of energy ran through the center of the blade and shot out the end, then dove back toward the hilt, harnessed by the power coupling she had inside near the base of the blade. The blue bolts of energy wrapped their way like lightening down the blade until they reached the coupling and stopped. She smiled and suddenly lept at Helenias, moving her sword in a high arching slash from shoulder to shoulder, then spinning on her heal for a power strike across the woman's gut. She was built for speed and she and the sword seemed almost as one unit...it was almost as if they molded together and the weapon was just an extension of her arm.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:55:39 AM
The first move I made was for my PIke to intercept Xazor's blade, the two metal weapons clanging as they hir each other. One of my hand shifted and moved okwer down tihe pole arm, then as Xazor spun around, i used this wider holding on the Pike for a particularly effective trick - I stepped into the spin, came closer to Xazor herself and blocked the strike - not weapon on weapon as might be expected, but my Pike against her wrist, her own momentul working against her and creating the most damage. I danced away, circling left and presenting arms, this time with Pike helod low, but point up.

Xazor was beginning to find out how much of a Master I was with the Pike and why I believed it was a far better weapon than a sabre or sword.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:58:59 AM
Xazor's wrist hurt badly, and her arm felt a bit numb...but she had to keep going. Taking a few deep breaths, she moved in quickly and jumped at Helenias for a fake slash to her chest. Moving behind the woman, Xazor lifted some sand and blew it toward her, creating the illusion of a hundred throwing knives fling her way. With a free hand, Xazor took out four of her own and threw them along with the illusion...making it nearly impossible to differentiate between reality and illusion....

Shadow Jedi Davka Volaw
Jun 13th, 2002, 11:05:43 PM
As this entire battle was going on Davka had kept his force signature down. He saw how good Master Q'Dunn was with the Imperial Pike, better than with a lightsaber, against his master Xazor. He was taking note of how each one battled, incorperating it into his own skills. The only thing was he did not have the sword that Raja had given him.

It was very interesting how they battled, the female Jedi, that is to say that they were more agile and quick than most of the male Jedi Knights. He had noticed how the males went for power and neither speed nor agility, this was more interesting.

He remembered fighting his wife Raja when he had been a Knight. It kept him on edge while keeping him strong and flexible. Forgetting his memories he watched in the shadows as they continued. The battle had gone downhill for a while for Master Xazor. He could see the blood trickling down her face, as well as sense from her force signature that her wrist was giving her trouble. He knew she was not going to lose because of her determination. He thought about helping her through the force but decided it would not be as interesting and fair if he interviened. So he kept in the shadows, both in the force and physically.

He wished to have a match with his master when she was restored. He had not yet battled with her, he thought it might be fun.

OOC: Master Xazor, when are we going to have our spar to test my skills? I will look for your reply, just give me a Tread and I'll be there.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:13:27 AM
It probably wasn't fair on Xazor, but I had a fair degree of foresight that I used. It may not be able to pick illusions from reality, but it it did give me a highly developed danger sense, to know what truly was a threat and what was not. Marcus had also told me that Xazor was a very good illusionist.

My hands were guided by the Force and the Pike danced and spun. With three clear clangs, three of the real knives were hit away... the fourth deftly caught and then in a lightning wrist move, flung straight back.

In my mind I could see images of the future - possibilities mainly, clouded and hard to disseminate. In one, I saw myself raisng the Pike and dicharging it to the left, the direction Xazor went. It happened in a blink and I follwed the vision. The Pike pointed and the end glowed and spat electrical energy once again, firing to the left.

If the vision I had seen was right, Xazor would be hit by the electrical blot.

(I'm trying out ways I could use the foreseeing abilities I am developing. I'm not sure if that's acceptible to you, let me know please)

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:22:31 AM
Taps foot waiting

Xazor Elessar
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:50:32 AM
ooc: I am so sorry....I have lost this among the busy schedule I have. :(

ic:

Xazor was a bit amazed that Helenias could pick out the real knives from the illusion. No one had been able to do that yet. Smiling to herself, she was a bit off guard until she was labeled by an electrical bolt. It stung her shoulder greatly and she winced in pain. A deep audible growl could be heard as she placed her hand over the wound and sent healing waves into it. In a short amount of time, the pain was nearly gone and her natural Garou healing powers set in. Jumping to her feet, Xazor looked around for a moment and smiled as she rushed at Helenias. As the Knight gained speed, she loosened several rafters from above them with the Force. Once within a yard of her opponent, Xazor jumped up and flew over her head. Once behind, the rafters fell at a great rate of speed. The Knight fell and did a reverse shoulder roll so that she was out of the way for when they crushed Helenias....

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:50:20 AM
A hand was raised and I closed my eyes, feeling the Force... exterting myself I pressed upwards. Barely a few centimeters from my hand, the rafters halted their fall. I gasped, realising I was pushing myself to the maximum. Holding them in position, I stepped away... and then leapt, releasing the Force. Some debris clipped my ankle but I generally got away clean. Rolling, I came up, with my Pike held enguard. I was sure Marcus would have filled the room with a whirlwind of debris, but I was not Marcus, I was not that strong.

But I had more cunning than he did. I circled away of the felled rafters, stalking Xazor and formulated a plan of attack in my mind.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:52:19 PM
Xazor watched Helenias stalk her. She knew that the woman was thinking up a good plan....but she had not attacked. My turn again then! The Knight thought to herself. Quickly she bent over and grabbed some sand in her hand then threw it at Helenias. The Knight created the illusion of a thousand butterflies swarming her. Her vision was reduced giving Xazor enough time to charge in at her. With a swift movement, she spun around and slashed her saber in an arch from her left him to her right shoulder, then landed a heavy side thrust kick into Helenias's solar plexis. Xazor dropped the illusion and the sand fell to the ground at her feet as she stood in a defensive position with her sword....

EDIT: TTT!!! :lol