PDA

View Full Version : Message from Helenias...

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:16:37 AM
She'll be back tomorrow and is much better now :)

Oraidin, Neo, she apologises for being tardy with your training and will make it up to you both

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:19:42 AM
Its no problem. As long as shes well. Look forward to hearing from her tomorrow.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:37:32 AM
Quick question, Figo, who's he playing for in the World Cup?

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:54:02 AM
This is gonna sounds really bad. Hes playing for Portugal. They are a very good side and he is arguably the best player in the world. Portugal are currently losing 3-0 to the USA! Oh well!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:15:21 AM
Losing to the USA???????

You have got to be kidding me! The Usa like sucks with Soccer.... doesnt it?

Sejah Haversh
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:19:56 AM
WE don't even watch our own team play here, that's how bad we are. Yeah, the USA's team usually sucks, but, I think we're ntot bad this year, from what I hear.

Go USA! (*Snigger, laugh, chuckle*)

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:33:48 AM
I think Portugal are ranked in the top 8 at football and the US are in at about 25 I think. Dont quote me on it though! To be fair, Figo seems to be involved in everything for Portugal at the moment. USA arent a bad side really, especially considering they country doesnt really take an interest.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:42:51 AM
I still find it hard to believe USA are winning!!!

3-2 right now and I think min to play

Oh, also had to check out Figo stats..... plays for Real Madrid, which my favorite Rally Driver Carlos Sains is a big supporter of.

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:54:30 AM
Real Madrid are probably the best club side in the world at the moment. They have got some quality players. If Figo isnt the worlds best footballer then Zindane (French) is. He to playes for Real Madrid. Figo is the worlds most expensive footballer at the moment.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:02:15 AM
0_0 I thought Becking ham had just resigned for some absurd amount of money. Figo get more?

And the USA won. I dont believe it

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:23:06 AM
Yeah, final score was 3-2. A fantastic win for the USA.

Im not basing the most expensive player on how much they get paid. Its difficult to know for sure on that one because players get paid things like win bonuses, goal bonuses etc etc.

Figo was the most expensive footballer in the world when Real Madrid paid something like £53 Million for him. To put that into perspective in footballing terms, the most expensive footballer in the UK is Veron for £26 Million.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:57:41 AM
53 million pounds is like 110 million Australian. Holy shiiiiiit

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:11:56 AM
See, hes pretty good.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:17:56 AM
Damn, I hope he is.... that's an incredible amount of money

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:29:06 AM
Your not wrong. I support a team called Aston Villa in the UK. The most amount of money we have ever paid for someone is £9.5 million. I wouldnt want to think how much he earns a week. Your probably looking at about £85,000. Thats a guess though.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:57:22 AM
Didnt Aston Villa win the Premiership this year? I seem to remember Man United fell just short. Bit foggy on that.

I was following Newcastle this year, mainly because they seemed to just play beyond themselves and did much better than they should of. We get a pretty good coverage of the UK Premier league here. Our own soccer sucks, all our good players are overseas (Like Harry Kewell) and Soccer Australia is broke. They gambled on making the World Cup and lost. The game is in a pretty sad state. It's mainly cause things like Rugby (League and Union), plus Aussie Rules are much more popular and of course Cricket rules the summer. It also doesnt help when bugger all Aussie soccer players sound like they were born in Australia. Honestly, when you hear names like Kewell, Bosinch, you dont really think of Aussies.

Helen used to play soccer actually, so she likes it a lot. I much preferred League until I got a broken ankle in a game. Now with permanent pins in there to hold the ankle together, high impact sports are out and even running tends to be painful after a while. Soccer of course is out of the question.

Oriadin
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:20:35 AM
I wish! Aston Villa were a poor side last season. We ended up 8th (out of 20) which was the lowest we have finished in years. Season just gone, Man United finished 3rd. Arsenal were the winners.

Your right about Newcastle. They had an excellent season and finished fourth. Football is the be all and end all in this country. There are a number of sports people are into here in the UK but nothing like Football. Incidently, Bosnich used to be the Villa goalkeeper until he got greedy and went to Man United and didnt play. Harry Kewell is an excellent player although he played badly this season. I used to play football a fair bit but I was never any good!!!

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:31:04 AM
Yes, I really will have to make it up for you. Sorry for being gone for so long

Oriadin
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:45:04 AM
Nice to see you back. Hope your feeling much better

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:10:19 AM
Much better thank you. Although I have had a lot of drugs to help out and they have had some side effects, mainly with exhaustion.

Jedi Neo
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:45:08 AM
I know the feeling, trust me. I've delt with that for a couple of days and all I can say is that it sucks to be sick!

Especally when you don't get out of anything! :(

Oh well, I hope your feeling better...

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:40:57 PM
Glad you are feeling better Helenias. Just try to take it easy for awhile.