PDA

View Full Version : A Promise Kept

Sene Unty
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:58:43 PM
The shuttle touched down on the landing bay with barely a sound. Inside a boy, a padawan to be more accurate, stared from the confines of the ship and out over Coruscant. It was as he remembered it. The haze of the afternoon as a beautiful night approached, the vehicles floating in perfect layers of interweaving traffic. He smiled to himself....he was home again.

It had not been that long...had it? The days seemed so long at the Jedi Academy and yet the time seemed to move at a pace much quicker than he had anticipated. From his long arduous days as the son of the man who had crafted Unty Union Bank, Sene never felt a day that didn't go at a snails pace, but he got used to it. Patience was indeed a virtue that Sene held in the highest regard.

"Hey Jedi boy...half then and half now. You can stare at the pretty sky on your own time. I gotta get goin' "

The pilot's words woke Sene from his daze as only a deep bellowing voice could.

"Yes sorry. I was only admiring the sights." Sene smiled as he reached into his pocket and fished out some credits.

"Super." The mans words hardly belayed the intended use of the word. Sene could tell he was disinterested with what he said, only his money counted.

After the money exchanged hands, Sene turned and left the ship out a side hatch. His feet had barely touched the ground when the ship kicked off the ground and leapt into the sky. In an instant he was gone.

Sene turned now and made his way to the nearest entrance to the port. Noticing a pair of sliding glass doors to his right, Sene hefted his large side bag and made his way off the flight pad. In an instant he was bathed in cool air and soft music. As he made his way down the terminal and to the nearest exit out into the Coruscant night, Sene was once again dragged back into memories of the past. He was back to the same port from which he had left a while ago to train as a Jedi. It brought a clean smile to his face as he remembered walking down the very same terminal, just the opposite way. He felt the hope again. The hope of becoming a Jedi...and to start a new life. A better life, than the one he was given.

That was what this trip was. A chance to make things better for someone other than himself.

He found himself dragged from his daze once again, only this time it was by the impact of his face on glass. Damn. He had to get better at this self-introspection thing or he might seriously injure himself. As he attempted to rub the pain from his face a small hand was placed on his back.

"Are you okay honey."

Sene turned and through his hands he saw an old woman with an expression on her face that looked like a cross between worry and laughter. Sene chuckled.

"Yeah I'm fine...I should probably pay more attention to large glass panels though. They always seem to jump out and hit me."

The woman smiled.

"That does happen every once and awhile." She patted Sene's back one more time and turned and left.

Sene put the conversation behind him and walked out into the Coruscant night. All at once the noise, the air, and the excitement hit him. He was back. With a big toothy smile, he motioned toward the nearest taxi.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:58:46 AM
Xazor had heard that her Padawan, Sene, had left the Jedi Academy. He had not spoken to her about it...but this gave her a reason to live Arcan IV. The Knight had followed him...and landed her X-Wing fighter in the port not too far from his shuttle...but far enough so he would not see her. Pulling the hood of her black cloak over her head, she hid in the shadows and watched Sene...following him inside and then out once again.

The Garou woman was in awe at how beautiful the night was on Coruscant...it brought back many memories from her past. Smiling to herself, she caught up to her Padawan and walked right behind him, and off to the side. Her identity was well hidden in the shadow that her hood cast on her face....and he would not realize that it was her. This would be a good time to give him a little test....

Sene Unty
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:05:49 AM
OOC: I am writing this to inform any readers what my intentions are. All parts of the thread that are in italics are past events, back story. All normanl type posts are present events. Thank you.

Sene leaned from his grandma's bedroom window and looked down. 10 stories. A far way for sure. How was he gonna do this?

To the right. Bare stonewall, white as bone, stared back at him.

To the left. More wall....except, What was that? In the distance a shape held close to the wall. A gray metal. Sene focused his eyes, and through the fog that concealed his prize, was a metal pole. Looking down, he saw that it fell down to the floor. A way down, no doubt.

But how to reach it? There was no way except....jumping. But it was much to far, ten feet at least. He couldn't make it.

Then something grabbed his attention. A window lay but one foot from the pole. He could go through that window and then make his way down to the alley. Perfect. But who's window was that?

Damn. He had a better shot at falling and hoping to survive. That was Mrs. Hasherhaff's room. Immediately his thoughts were drawn back to the last words Mrs. Hasherhaff had said to him.

"Don't let me catch you any where near me or I will gut you like the little fish you are." Sene remembered her beautiful smile at this point, as she brandished her stick like a sword.

What a lovely situation. But Sene could not be scared. Jedi weren't allowed to be scared...or at least that is what he had heard. He needed to do this, or die trying. Damn that sounded heroic.

Seconds later he was through his grandma's house (she was still getting food from the market) and in the hallway. The smell of flesh decay still hung in the Nursery like meat at a butchers. He would need to get to her door...Sene only hoped she was not there. Fat chance, she never left. However, her door was kept open at all times, done so that she could properly spy on who ever walked down the hallway.

Once again Sene was proven correct as he neared the doorway, a soft glow of yellow emerging from the crack in between the door and the wall. Music, soft and low, played in the room and the faint sound of snoring caught his ears. She was asleep. Perfect.

With a hand he pushed slowly on the door, a slow low creak emerging from the hinges, but it was okay. The beast had not awaken. Sene breathed slowly and carefully has he squeezed his way in the room.

To his left a small kitchen sat. To his right a closet for coats. And dead center, in an old beat up chair rapped in a myriad of blankets, lay Mrs. Hasherhaff. Asleep. He may even pull this off.

The window from which the metal bar stood next to, lay to the very right of were Mrs. Hasherhaff was sleeping. If there was one thing that was always reliable about this place, it was how every room was the same. On tippy toes Sene practically crawled to the window. She didn't wake up. Sene let out a breath as he stood to the very left of the window. Okay this was it. Open the window and get out. Now. He forced the window up noiselessly. He was gonna do it. He was home free. Sene reached out with a hand and grasped the metal. It was cold but sturdy. Once his other hand had grasped the steel, Sene leapt from the open window and out into the night.

Cold wind blew his hair every which way as he looked down on the street below. Why'd he do that? Too far. He was scared of heights. This was crazy.

NO.

He was going to be a Jedi. He had to leave. No one could see him exit the building, this was the only way. With a deep breath he stared down slowly.

CREAK!

Confusion seized him. What was that?

CREAK! The metal bar. Oh no!

Suddenly MRs. Hasherhaff's head appeared in the doorway.

"YOU! What did I tell you boy." She was gone now, going to fetch her stick. Hand over fist Sene fell more than climbed to the ground. Only three stories to go.

"You little bug. I'm going to squash you!"

The metal was being shaken. She was doing this. Damn, she was strong. The metal swayed back and forth, not hard, but enough to keep Sene from climbing down. She stopped. Must be tired. He scuttled down some more.

Sene hadn't seen the part of the metal pole that was busted open, he had been staring much to intently at Mrs. Hasherhaff, but when his hand caught it it sliced a whole into his palm. The sudden and unexpected pain caused Sene's hands to slip and for an instant Sene felt like a holo-toon. His hands reaching for thin air as he fell backwards. Desperate hope gripping his mind as fear coursed through him. And for the next three stories, instead of climbing down a pole as he had intended, he fell...

Sene Unty
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:21:23 PM
The Air taxi smelled of rancid piss and smoke, a smell truly unlike any other. Sene smiled, it always smelled like that, but for some reason it was stronger today.

"Where to kid?" The rough voice of the driver filled the small vehicle.

"The Dazaratu." Sene waited with anticipation for the driver's astonishment to kick in.

"What the...the Dazaratu?" The man chuckled, "They only take real money their kid, not play money."

Sene was already reaching into his pocket, and pulled out a wad of republic credits.

"This should take care of the fare." The smile never left Sene's face even as they took to the sky and made their way to the most expensive hotel on Coruscant.

A person who had never spent his life in the lap of luxury would of been absolutely astonished at the size and decadence of the room that was given to Sene. Sene was not one of these people. For most of his life he had enjoyed rooms such as these, as he lived the life of a bankers son.

Except this time it felt different. It felt shallow and insignificant. It meant nothing anymore...the spending was anything but necessary. For a second he almost thought about leaving and finding a cheaper place.

No. Quige would like it. He absolutly adore it.

Sene smiled. Oh yes he would.....and so would Jeri. She would love it more than anyone...maybe even love him.

Why are you doing this Sene? To impress her?

No simply...

Simply what?

Okay maybe I am, what's wrong with that. Nothing that's what. I can't be blamed for being rich. For having been on their insurance....

With a plop, he fell into the closest seat, sadness gripping his mind. In the seat itself, silent motors worked as a massage began to rub the soreness from his shoulders.

Well at least there were some benefits. Now he just had to find his friends and bring them here.

Sene chuckled as he realized he had no idea how he was going to do it.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:35:51 PM
Xazor had followed Sene to the hotel, wondering exactly what he was doing there. She paid the questions in her mind, no attention...but instead stopped as he entered the room and closed the door. Indeed....he had a lot of money, perhaps even as much as her. She smiled and stood at the door, then gently knocked three times. Quickly, she pulled the hood of her black cloak over her head...and the shadows hid the identity of her face. He would no doubt, be quite shocked when she revealed who she was....

Sene Unty
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:50:46 PM
Blackness so dark it was tangible. No sound, no sight. Just black.

"What was it."

A voice.

Open your eyes Sene.

"It's a guy." Another voice, this time closer.

"Leave him." The voice from afar...

"We can't" The voice closer to him. It was soft. A girls?....

“Why not?”

"Because its not right?"

The voice from far way gaffed. A whisper Sene couldn't hear.

What happened?....the fall! Mrs. Hasherhaff was probably on her way! Open your eyes Sene! Now!

Sene eyes flickered open and he was suddenly face to face with an angel. A girl more beautiful than any he had ever seen. The most beautiful green eyes, with flecks of brown looked back at him. Strands of black air blew every which way in front of her face causing her to simply push them away with a wave. And then she spoke with a voice that could light a city....

"What are you staring at?"

Sene lost his voice. He couldn't speak.

"Quige's waiting..." The boy from far away spoke again, impatience invading his words.

"Come on." She said, standing up in the trash bin and hoisting him up with one hand. She was stronger than her frame showed. Sene smiled as he watched her stuff her hand into the garbage and remove a bag.

"We got to go...wanna come with?" She was talking to him again. He hadn't noticed as he was to busy watching her move.

"Yeah" First words. Wow that was tough.

With out any warning she leapt from the bin and ran, making a motion of welcome with her arm before she disappeared into the blackness of an adjacent alleyway. With one last glance up at his Grandma's house, Sene followed.

Sene Unty
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:59:45 PM
Sene was startled by the knock on his door.

Who could be knocking here. He knew of no one who knew he was on Coruscant. Peculiar. Maybe someone had followed! The Taxi driver. Yeah, he was acting funny....

No Sene. Get a grip. Probably someone form the hotel.

But just in case....

With that thought he grabbed a near by lamp and unplugged it from the wall and then proceeded to grip it tightly in his hand. As Sene slowly approached the door he couldn't help but wish he had a lightsaber. It seemed kind of ridiculous that a padawan would be brandishing a lamp. Oh well.

"Who is it?" No answer. Okay on three.

And with that he burst the door open and stuck the lamp out in front of him.

"Ahhh."

A person in a cloak? But who could that be...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:14:57 PM
Xazor had to surpress a song of laughter as Sene burst through the door with a lamp stuck out in front of him. Very Jedi like indeed...always prepared with appliances....their greatest ally. She smiled underneath the hood of the cloak and disquised her voice as the ancient Garou had once spoken. It was a thick and heavy accent...but he would be able to understand the gist of what she spoke in soft melodious words.

"Greejtings youjng onje. Youjr namje isj Sejne andj you'jre aj lijttle tooj youjng toj havje aj hojtel roojm byj youjrself. Ij hajve bejen sejnt toj watcjh ovjer youj."

She said softly, the tones muffled by the accent. Her face was covered with the shadows and he would never be able to tell it was her...not even through the Force, for she was masking her signature. In time, she would tell him it was her.

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:44:34 AM
Who in the hell was this!

The person was talking to him. Who could it be, and how did it know anything about him. And who has this person to say he was too young to have his own room. It pissed Sene off!

Sene swung the lamp that was still in his hand and pushed it out in front of him.

"Who are you? Tell me who you are, or I'll hit you with this pole."

That would get the answers he wanted....

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:22:25 AM
Xazor was a bit taken a back by his sudden movement and his words. Grinning underneath the hood, she shook her head. It would not get him the answers he desired.

"Mjy idenjtity isj njot impjortant youjng majn. Ij hajve beejn sejnt byj aj fejmalje Jedji tjo watjch ojver youj."

She said in the strange accent. Suddenly, the Knight pulled her hood back and revealed herself, Garou Braids with gold coins and all. No one could mistake it for anyone else but....Xazor, his loving Master. She smiled and placed her hand upon the lamp.

"And if you care to hit me with this lamp....I shall be tempted to spar with you."

She laughed to herself as she looked right into his eyes and said the words. It would surly put a pit in his stomach to see who it was....

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:30:44 AM
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!

His master!

Sene quickly dropped his lamp and wrapped his arms around her waist in a big hug.

"Master! I didn't know it was you. I am so sorry."

Sene pulled away.

"Why don't you come in and we can talk. The rooms here are very nice here."

Xazor smiled.

"That would be nice Sene."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:34:13 AM
Xazor could see his shock and was grateful when he hugged her. She had not been greeted in such a way in the recent....and it was nice. Smiling, she stepped into the large room. Looking around for a moment, memories of such places flooded her mind from when she was Empress. The Knight turned around and faced her Padawan.

"This is a great room! I bet it cost you a lot..."

Not that it mattered, but she was trying to make for conversation as she tried to figure out why he had a room here in the first place. She was actually trying to figure out why he had come here at all! It did not matter in the least at the moment, so she smiled and continued looking around in curiousity.

Sene Unty
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:50:14 AM
"It did master, but I have more than enough. I am sure you want to know why I am here in the first place, and not at the academy. Well It's quite simple: I am here to keep a promise I made."

Sene sat down on one of the couches, and Xazor followed.

"Before I left Coruscant I became friends with a group of kids. They helped recover form a perticurally high drop I made, and I promised them I would return when I was a Jedi."

Xazor smiled.

"But your not a Jedi Sene."

"I know master, but I wanted to come back. I missed them. I am so glad your here though because now we can do this together."

Sene smiled.

"You want to help me right?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:04:27 AM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

"Yes, I would love to help you. And, actually...since you're a Padawan, you're basically a Jedi. You're in training...."

She winked gently and looked around, thinking about what he had said about keeping a promise to these kids.

"That is a very noble thing of you to do, Sene. Such benevolencies are uncommon these days..."

The Knight said softly, recalling a few of her own benevolent trips. They were so rewarding and she loved helping others...

Sene Unty
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:34:32 PM
Sene felt like he had been walking for hours, but in reality it had only been a few minutes. Normally Sene would have instantly questioned the person he was following about where they were going. This time however, he was content to simply stare at the backside of the girl in front of him. It was a lovely backside.....

"Who goes there!" ,said a voice at the end of the dark alley they were in.

The boy in the front looked mad: "Knock it off Squeler. We got company."

All of a sudden a kid (creature?) with green skin emerged from the shadows wide-eyed.

"Ohhh. A prisoner. Quige likes prisoners."

The girl in front of Sene rolled her eyes.

"He's not a prisoner. He's just some kid that fell from a window."

KID?!?! A pang of anger rose within Sene. This girl was as old as him, and she was calling him a kid! The green boy (Squeler?) looked confused by her statement.

"Then why bring him here? This is supposed to be a SECRET base."

"He was hurt so I thought we could help him."

The green boys confusion didn't leave.

"Since when were we a charity..."

"We're not." The man behind the new voice stepped out of the shadows, a deep scowl printed on his face.

"What the hell is wrong with you Jeri, you know we aren't taking any visitors."

"What has gotten up your asses. I thought I was doing something good!" Jeri was obviously pissed.

Quige gave an exasperated sigh as he touched his temple with his two fore fingers. He opened his mouth to speak (probably yell), but his intended words were cut short by a blast of red energy that lit the dank alley. The energy bolt flew down in between the buildings and struck Squeler in the arm. He went down with a flip and a curse, as the rest of the people took cover. More blasts shot down the alley as Sene jumped behind a trash can.

Who was shooting at them? These were the only thoughts that sprung to Sene's mind as the blasts got closer and closer....