PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to My House! Pictures, finally...

Pages : [1] 2

JonathanLB
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:07:58 PM
I have created a Webpage, or actually four pages, to show you guys my house and my Star Wars collection a bit. I tried to make this entertaining and as amusing as possible, but who knows, I hope you guys/gals like it!

It's not meant to be egotistical like "Hey look at my house!" but just a fun project I wanted to do after getting my digital camera so I could mess around with using the pictures online and stuff.
http://www.jlbmovies.com/EnglishOaksIntro.shtml

Enjoy...

Jedieb
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:14:29 PM
It's too small. ;)

CMJ
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:15:17 PM
Jesus Christ....what a frickin' house!

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:37:03 PM
I guess I'm pathetic! I read the whole thing from start to finish!! :lol

Seriously, though Jon, I found it a good read and I loved the piccies. Beautiful house! Knowing my mom, she'd probably want to come down and look at every detail from wood work to brick work to everything! She loves stuff like that and is constantly remodleing our house (her new pet project is to make all the bathrooms laid in marble :x This only sucks cause it's taking so dang long and I haven't been able to use my bathroom's shower in so long!!)

Anyways, you say the city in your view is Portland, which leads me to the conclusion you live in Oregan, which brings me to another conclusion that it is a good chance I will be going down to visit Lady De'Ville in August who happens to live in Oregan, somewhere near Portland. While I'm down there, I might just bang on that 600 pound wooden door of yours! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:02:40 PM
Holy s----!!!!

Now that's a house!

CMJ
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:04:34 PM
Dude my entire apartment could probably fit in his bathroom. ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:05:21 PM
And I have to add,....

f--- me, now that's a home entertainment system!!!! How much did that cost?????

JonathanLB
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:29:09 PM
Well the home entertainment system was initialy $110,000 I think, but that includes the entire room I am pretty sure. Although I wouldn't even want to mention how much the house costs per month to run. But with three full-time employees and the energy we use, well you can guess it's not exactly cheap.

Also a nice thing about the home theater room is that the walls have sound panels on them, which are basically just big cloth panels that you can push in a few inches, so they are pretty puffy and they absorb the sound instead of letting it bounce around, which would definitely detract from the viewing experience.

Hey LV, the comment at the end is just a joke you know, haha. I hope it was mildly amusing, the text that is, because I wanted to make it a bit of a story along with the pictures, hehe.

If you want to come up this summer, that would be awesome! I am gone for about four days in August to Las Vegas again, with my best friend Bryan, but hopefully that is not the same time you are in town here. My house actually overlooks Hillsboro, a suburb of Portland. However, my house is within the Portland boundaries, barely. I believe the line is just outside of my property, haha.

LV, an interesting note about the text you read, lol. You know that rather "inside joke" with Bryan about "Alley"? Well Stacey read the page with Bryan and Stacey (his girlfriend now) made him tell her the story about Alley! LOL!!! He is so embarrassed about that too. Basically, Alley was a chick we met on Yahoo and he basically fell in love with her, haha, even though she was from some other state. I started talking to this girl called Erika on Yahoo, who was by the way far hotter than Alley if the pictures were real, and they probably weren't knowing Yahoo, lol. Anyhow, I won that game of pool and because I won, Bryan had to admit that Erika was hotter than Alley, which really ticked him off. He was all like, "NO! ALLEY, I'VE LET YOU DOWN!" LOL, and I had been playing like crap the entire day, so the fact I beat him was rather amazing in and of itself. Anyhow, before long Alley thought Bryan was stalking her or some weird thing and we never heard from her again. It was very weird. As I told him, online relationships do not work. But the hypocrite that I am, I was talking to Erika a lot. She got all mad at me for a stupid reason too because she dialed my phone number wrong and thought I gave her the wrong number! LOL. I said, "Well maybe you just dialed it wrong? Will you retry?" She is like, "You think I am that STUPID?! I wouldn't dial it wrong! F U!" So I didn't hear from her again for about five days, when I DID receive a phone call and she was like, "Hey, umm, this is Erika." Jesus she was weird. I did not continue talking to her much after that. I have 0 interest in online relationships (I mean beyond friendship of course) because I know they do not usually work, lol.

So Stacey just heard that story from Bryan, who wanted to pretend it never happened, and as I suspected Bryan had never told her ;)

What is better than embarrassing your friends?! Hahahaha.

Anyway LV, you gotta come up if you have a chance. As August nears, drop me an e-mail or something and I can give you my phone number or address or whatever works.

I should have taken a picture of my gate, but I was far too lazy to go up there and do that, haha. Without the gate, we'd get way too many people looking at our house when this is a private residence.

The funny part is we have this historic mansion here in Portland called "The Pittock Mansion," which is really nice, but my house is much bigger. :)

I hope your mom gets those remodeling projects done quickly, LV, hehe.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:42:44 PM
Pretty darn nice there Jon. I'm HAPPY that someone has got it made BUT it kind of takes away the admiration I had in you for what you do . Nonetheless I love the fountain :) You should be at 200 viewings by now ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:51:09 PM
Well my dad is the one who has it made, I'm just his poor son ;)

Nah but he always talks about how he is giving his money to charity when he dies. I have a trust fund to help me through college and whatnot and a bit afterwards, but it's not a huge deal. I really am bothered by people who inherit money and do nothing on their own, but just take money from their parents and never really accomplish anything. They live off someone else's success. I could not do that. It's one thing to build on your parents' success, it's another to mooch off it.

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:12:17 PM
Ahem? a 5.1 theater setup? Get with it Jon! You need at least a 7.1 setup now. Damn...

I'm sorry, I had to find something to nitpick amongst all that perfection....;)

JonathanLB
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:05:54 PM
Yeah we were going to see about adding a back channel at least, you know like Surround EX 6.1, and there was that possibility because a nearby air vent would make it fairly easy to run wires through to the back of the theater. But you know, it's not my money, I cannot convince my dad that it's worth an extra $500 or $1,000 or whatever to add a tiny little bit of extra sound. Would I notice? Yeah I bet! But would he? Uhh, he uses a hearing aid. :) lol. My dad just had his 60th birthday on May 21, ESB day.

I heard of a theater from Variety.com back in 1999 that had 9.1 surround sound. Uhh, that is weird, didn't even know that was possible, but apparently somehow you can manage to do that.

JMK
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:06:15 AM
It's never going to stop, 9.1 will be upon us soon, and then it will be 11.2 (2 subs - if they aren't being widely used already). But I bet your dad would surely hear the difference.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:16:11 AM
Aint that overkill?

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:12:10 AM
No. Overkill is when you add a moving theater like something Disney might have, where the floors and chairs shake and move to the action of the film. :p

And Jon, I'll let ya know if and when I'm up there for sure. It'd probably help if you gave me the dates you were going to Las Vegas so I could work around that seeing as how I haven't made solid reservations yet or anything for my plane ticket. You can PM me the info if you wish. :)

darth_mcbain
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:11:05 AM
:eek Impressive... Most impressive...

Doc Milo
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:20:37 AM
I say we hold the next Star Wars Celebration at Jon's house! :)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:02:56 PM
:lol

It's workable. Definitely a SW costume party!! Where you can come as SW characters or the characters you have created on the boards!! :lol

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:04:41 PM
Well Lady Vader...for us non-roleplayers(and on this forum I'd venture to say that's the majority of us) that wouldn't be fun. :P

Dutchy
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:44:27 PM
Jesus Christ! What a house! Great pictures. You chose the best weather too, I see. :)

So, is that awesome home theater yours or your parents'?

And what the hell do your parents do to afford a house like that?

It's kinda desolate, by the way. I don't think I'd feel comfy around there. Still, that house, obviously, kicks ass. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:22:14 PM
CMJ, why do you think I also said "SW CHARACTERS". You can easily come as Han Solo, or a stormie, or royal guard, or Jango Fett. It'd be just as fun and STILL a costume party. :p :rolleyes

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:44:39 PM
*jaw drops*

Yeah I live in Gresham. Not very far away.

*looks at one bedroom apartment*

I even USED to like my own place. :mad

My GOD I love that fountain. I want to splash in it!

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:46:22 PM
Like I said Lilaena...my entire apartment could prolly fit in his bathroom. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:56:20 PM
But... he didn't SHOW us the bathroom. I bet its dirty. ;)

And I must admit to extreme jealousy about the pool table... *sighs* I want one. I bet I could fit it in my living room if I took out everything else. :D

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:55:09 PM
Gresham is really close actually, well I mean relatively speaking. If you lived in Oregon City or Albany, it'd be totally different, but Gresham not far! ;)

Dutchy, well we like the privacy out here because it's so quiet and peaceful, but we are actually only 10 to 15 minutes from the center of Portland. I'm 12 minutes from Evergreen on a good day, which is the local theater, but sometimes it takes more like 14 minutes, and other times, ahem, I manage to make it in 10 ;) If I break a few speed limits, hehe.

Anymore, though, I intentionally show up late to AOTC so that I can miss the previews. I missed all but the Minority Report one last time, really good timing :)

LV, I will send you a PM, but I have to ask my mom what the dates are first.

Yeah I really like the fountain, it's great seeing it as you pull up and my bedroom has a view of it, so I can open the windows and hear the fountain, which I think is kind of nice. I like fountains. I've always liked fountains. Why did it have to die? Uh oh, too much AOTC for me! ;)

Haha, none of the bathrooms are dirty, rest assured, we have a maid to make sure they get cleaned daily. :) There are three total employees not including the landscapers, but they only come a few times a week I think and there are like 8 of them, lol.

Yeah Dutchy I got lucky on the weather too, that was nice. Today doesn't look quite that good right now. It was a great day, not perfect, but for early June that is actually quite good here. Portland is not known for its awesome weather, but during the summer it's great. Thing is, summer is not until about July around here, so if you expect a great rain-free June, you're living in the wrong city. ;)

The home theater is my parents' along with the rest of the house, haha, but the SW collection is mine at least, lol.

My mom stays at home and takes care of the house, makes the dinners, is very involved in school events (my sister is still in high school), and does all that sorta stuff. My dad was going to be a dentist, but he got kicked out of dental school because they said he wasn't patient enough or he didn't have "what it takes" to be a dentist -- thank god! LOL. He looks back at that as the biggest break he's had, haha. So he went into real estate, became salesman of the year two straight years (even though he was new) with a company back in the late 1970's, then soon after he founded his own company, Bowen Real Estate, and that led to other companies such as Bowen Property Management, Bowen Construction, etc. Then about 7 to 8 years ago I think it was, he created Regent: Assisted Living, a public company (RGNT) that deals with assisted living communities for the elderly. I volunteered in one for 65 hours a few summers ago as part of a high school requirement. Regent has had a lot of trouble just because the market has been very difficult, so the stock price is pretty lousy right now I think, but actually he is doing just fine. Plus he continues to make other deals besides Regent. It's not like he just stopped doing real estate when he founded Regent, hehe. No more than I'd stop writing books if I became a filmmaker, for instance.

LV that Disney theater would rock, I want to go to one of those! Can you imagine Star Wars with moving seats and all this exact coordination between what you saw on screen and felt? That'd be tight! Hehe. I think I'd get sick during the Coruscant chase, though.

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:56:28 PM

Are you even gonna have room for Tine and I in your apartment, Hollie? Well, we are small and don't take up much space.

I got dibs on the broom closet!!! :p ;) :lol

Well, Jon, if you come to So Cali anytime soon, I'll be sure to give ya the grand tour (like I've done with everyone else that's been out here for a week or longer). But I have to warn ya, you can't get it all done in just that amount of time. You practically have to live down here in order to experience EVERYTHING. :)

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:06:04 PM
I've LIVED here for 6 months and still haven't seen everything I want to. ;)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:08:59 PM
Not surprising, CMJ. I've lived here all my life, and I still haven't seen all of it yet. It takes time. Much too much time sometimes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:25:30 PM
I still haven't seen much of Hollywood, and I lived there for four years. Well, in so. CA, not Hollywood. ;)

LV, you and Tine will be fine. My apartment is actually nice, not ghetto at all, except when compared to Jon's house. *feels twinges of jealousy still* ;)

And Gresham isn't far from Hillsboro at all, Jon is quite right. And you BETTER come up here, or else I'll :cry or something else equally bad!

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:29:00 PM
LOL...I live IN Hollywwod, a bit over a mile from Grauman's Chinese itself(and about the same distance from Paramount Studio's).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:31:11 PM
I'm jealous again. I was too busy going to school and had no car at the time: never even got to see the Getty Museum, let alone the Walk of Fame, or whatever its called with all the hands and signatures... :grumble

:D BTW, Jon, can I borrow the maid for a day or so? And do you have a....pool boy? :mischief

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:33:00 PM
I worked out my backyard is the size of Jon's pool!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:34:30 PM
You *have* a yard at least. And kangaroos. Lucky git.

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:35:41 PM
No we do not have a "hot pool boy" or something like that, lol. Actually, Darren does the pool maintenance if it needs it and everyone thinks he is quite good looking, but he's married. Dang, his wife is actually hot, as much as I think that's wrong to say! LOL, she's like late 20's or something but she's hot.

The maid is too busy to borrow, haha. So what do people do if they don't have a maid?! How does the house or apartment or whatever get cleaned?! haha, j/k ;)

CMJ I like your location. I went to visit Mann's once when I was down there, not in the last year, that was a few years ago. I got pictures of the theater and the hand prints and all that, plus I bought a few collectibles and stuff from the souvenir shop, hehe.

One of my good friend's just got to see AOTC there in digital. I'm really jealous. I want to see a Star Wars movie at Mann's SO BAD, but I've never had the chance. Perhaps later...

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:37:56 PM
Lilaena, the hand and footprints are at the Chinese.

The Walk of Fame is where there are a few thousand "Stars" commemorating BIG names (famous Radio/TV/Film personalities) that stretch for about 2 miles up and down Hollywood BLVD and Vine Street.

Both are cool. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:39:43 PM
Married!? Bah. :p Yeah I was wondering the same thing..how DOES this place get cleaned? I think I'll set the oven to "self clean" and leave the door open... ;) j/k I know how to clean my own apartment!

We were GOING to see AOTC at Mann's, but we never did. LV, explaination please? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:46:28 PM
My backyard is more acuratly desribed as a dirt and weed patch. Hell, Jon's father Aston Martin is worth more than my whole house. Hell, even that home theatre is worth more!

That's a sobering thought

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:50:22 PM
Ah don't let it get you down. Remember, its the masses that really control everything, not just those with money.

Okay, I lied. Still. Pretend I was telling the truth...

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:58:55 PM
I never said I didnt like my patch of dirt :)

To be honest, it's small, but it's mine. That counts for much for me :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:00:22 PM
:cry I just rent mine, and it didn't come with a patch of dirt. :D

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:06:09 PM
Lilaena, I hear ya. Your place is probably bigger than mine if that's any consolation. I live in a glorified closet. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:10:23 PM
Come out of the closet, CMJ!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Well, if it's any consolation, I'll be living in a tiny little apartment next year in Corvallis, haha.

I don't want a house until later I don't think, I mean even when I am like 25, I do not want a house. I'd rather have an apartment because who knows where I'll finally want to live. If I ever got married, lol, then I suppose a house would be ok, but I'm not living in a house by myself. I'd rather have a nice apartment. Less work. :)

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:13:21 PM
Tiny for you is probably a penthouse with a hot tub in the back Jonathan. ;)

Remember we're the masses you're talking to. ;)

Don't get offended I'm just joking.

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:26:10 PM
Nah I wouldn't get offended. No seriously this apartment is a small studio one, not even a bathroom or kitchen within it, because those are attached as part of a quad basically. I am there with a good friend and probably two random people. We are both just hoping against hope that the two random people are two really hot girls. LOL, oh man, if there was ONE THING I wish would go right next year, that's it! :)

Oh well, just hopefully they are not annoying and loud, whoever they are. Or two Corvallis police officers. Jesus, there would be a way to ruin the entire year. No beer, no anything, we'd be screwed.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:26:36 PM
I can just imagnie Jon's version of a batchelor pad - it will be made out to look like the interior of the Falcon

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:28:36 PM
LOL...2 pretty women eh? Sounds like a good dream to have. :)

OMG Marcus, that's hysterical. I can TOTALLY see that too. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:29:04 PM
That would be really cool, but I have a feeling if I did that, it would PERMANENTLY be a bachelor's pad ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:31:20 PM
I could also see a Pricess Leia in there too ya know.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:32:41 PM
It's gotta be the ROTJ Princess Leia though. ;)

Mu Satach
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:46:09 PM
men :p

;)

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:48:45 PM
LOL...In my experience women are just as bad if not worse. :P

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:49:30 PM
I want a blow up Padme, err, I mean, a stand up Padme! Stand up! :)

I saw one of those with the ripped clothing, bare midriff, hell yeah.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:51:29 PM
Blow up! LOL!! That was a Fruedian slip if I ever read one. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:54:58 PM
Well I'd like the real Padme actually, but oh well ;)

Hayden said he'd rather have The Force than Natalie Portman? WTF? I dunno, maybe he is gay after all... I'm like one of the world's biggest Star Wars fans but I'd still rather have Natalie Portman, LOL.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:00:56 PM
I don't know man....being able to levitate stuff and jump like 30 feet at a time...among other things.

If they included a lightsaber I'd prolly say give me the force. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:03:12 PM
WITH a lightsaber, I'd say deal. :)

Not to mention I suppose if I could use the Force it'd be a lot easier getting any girl I want, haha.

I am not talking about mind control either, haha, The Force is quite powerful for, umm, all sorts of things ;) LOL.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:04:33 PM
How about AOTC Amidala?

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:06:43 PM
"Jedi use the Force for knowledge and defense, never for sex!"

Did Yoda ever say that? No. Apparently that is why Padme likes Anakin because I can't figure any other reason why she'd like that punk. ;)

foxdvd
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:07:01 PM
if you had The Force, Natalie Portman would still be yours, and you could jump 30 feet!

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:07:45 PM
LOL...oh man...this could go south real fast Jonathan!

So next time you're in town you're gonna look me up right? That way I can kick the crap out of you. ;)

Just kidding...it's pretty amusing though. Do you remember my first post here, like about 3 years ago? You completely went off on me. I think you hated my guts the first few months I posted here. How things have changed, or have they? ;)

Mu Satach
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:10:56 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
LOL...oh man...this could go south real fast Jonathan!

could?!?!?!

you guys already set sail for the equator :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:11:12 PM
Yeah Fox, you can see there would be a certain appeal to a Jedi. I mean, nobody else could give you a two-hour long orgasmic experience without ever touching you! LOL.

Haha, CMJ... lol. I don't even remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, let alone what I said to you three years ago ;)

Wait what was the first thing you ever posted? I don't remember hating you but you never know, haha. I don't hold grudges for the most part. I mean, I could totally go off on someone in a thread and say how wrong they are, then in another thread totally agree with them because I don't see it as personal, just opinions being exchanged. Although I was not careful enough in expressing my opinions three years ago, haha, and probably still am not today, but hopefully better. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:13:00 PM
"LOL...oh man...this could go south real fast Jonathan!"

Was that sexuel innuendo CMJ? I am not going south on anyone! Jeez.

Mu Satach
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:14:10 PM
I remember my first *discussion* with you Jon over 2001: A Space Odyssy.... countless posts back and forth... tearing my hair out... and in the end we found out we basicly agreed. :lol :lol :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:15:33 PM
I see... Interesting. :) Maybe my memory isn't that good! That's scary, I'm only 19.

Hmm... Most disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could have removed those memory cells!

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:18:17 PM
LOL...no it wasn't Jon. :P

As far as you disliking me. You even admitted you had a few months later(maybe August of '99). You seemed to be liking me alright by that point(I wear people down I guess).

As for what my original post was...I had the GALL to say someone could love both "Titanic" and "Star Wars"(since I do). You wrote like a 3 page reply telling me to goto hell, and that I wasn't a SW fan. I was rather amused. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:21:32 PM
That is the most ridiculous thing! LOL, I was a little punk brat then! :)

Haha, oh man, that's pretty funny.

Mu Satach
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:21:35 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
I had the GALL to say someone could love both "Titanic" and "Star Wars"(since I do). You wrote like a 3 page reply telling me to goto hell, and that I wasn't a SW fan. I was rather amused. ;)

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh god... I think I remember that...

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:31:00 PM
The fact that you seem to hold me in such high regard(for my film knowledge I suppose) PLUS the fact that I'm still here after 3 years surely must prove I'm a SW fan right? ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:41:17 PM
Yeah, you are obviously a fan, but you need to get your AOTC viewing count up man! We need the help ;) Haha.

You can't complain about the box office if you aren't out there on the front lines fighting like Buff and I, LOL, j/k

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:59:10 PM
Considering I've been working for free on projects out here for months, I'm surprised I have ANY money Jonathan! I moved out here with quite a bit, plus my folks are still helping me out, so I'm doing "okay", but I really can't afford to keep seeing AOTC over and over(especially since there are a few other films I do wanna see this summer).

I'm going back "home" next week for that friend's wedding...I might go see it with him before he gets hitched, as he's a huge SW fan too.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:18:15 PM
Oh man, I remember those posts too! Does than mean I have been here too long?

Didnt think I would have been here over over three years and counting now...

you can see there would be a certain appeal to a Jedi. I mean, nobody else could give you a two-hour long orgasmic experience without ever touching you! LOL.

The mind boggles at that comment.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:20:47 PM
LOL..no kidding...:)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:33:25 PM
*Sneaks into Jon's house and... JUMPS INTO HIS POOL!*

No, I am NOT skinny dipping!!!

:lol I'm not helping this whole "...going south..." bit, am I?

And, Hollie, the reason we didn't go to Mann's Chinese is because there just wasn't time!! I STILL haven't gone to see the movie there myself, and I LIVE here!!

Guess you'll just have to come back! :p

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:40:15 PM
Lady Vader when you do go see it there, gimme a buzz, it's not far for me to walk there. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:48:10 PM
Aye, Aye, CMJ! :D

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:52:06 PM
Actually there is a funny story about skinny dipping, not that it actually happened.

But one time, Bryan and I were here talking to Liz online, and Bryan was joking, "Hey Bowen is going skinny dipping now." So then she says, "Oh really? I'd love to go skinny dipping sometime. That would be so fun!" Bryan and I looked at each other like, "Oh... my... god!" LOL. She is so flirty, she always says stuff like that.

The other day she was like, "I gotta go to dinner now, but hopefully we can get together later this week and go swimming??? *next message* hehe." I mean you know she threw that in just to make me think about it, lol, I have seen her in her bikini a number of times, though, haha, a sight to behold. :) The 8th wonder of the world.

Then the worst, as I have said, is when girls leave their away messages on AIM like this: "I am in the shower now, totally naked!" Ok, what do you expect me to picture here? It's not like I can help it, haha. I mean if someone says, "Eating," I picture them eating, so if they say showering, then, uh, I picture them showering. Doh!

Mu Satach
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:54:08 PM
:: suddenly feels like Luke stranded out in the desert with no way to get to the brightest spot in the universe... wondering...
how the hell did I miss that last force comment??? ::
:p :lol

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:55:43 PM
LOL Jonathan...similar ones to that.

Away Message when Working Out "Getting Sweaty"

Away Message when showering "Getting Wet"

When I read those the first time from the girl that posted them I was like Geez!

;)

Lady Vader
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:56:51 PM

Well, I gotta run. I'll be back tomorrow

*Sets away message to read: "I'm eating dinner... totally NAKED!"* :p :lol

(Sorry! I couldn't help it! *Points to Jon.* It's his fault! He put the idea in my head!! I cannot be held accountable! I plead the fifth. *Bashes herself with a hammer :headbash*)

:crack :rollin :crack

:D

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:59:01 PM
LMAO Lady Vader!

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:59:05 PM
We had this one girl in our class, tall, model type of build, brown hair, SUPER good looking, and she sent me this message while I was away about 6 weeks ago:

"Hey, you need a secretary? I am kidding, but not really, I know you must need my assistance in some way...ha. oxo Fals"

"in some way"?!?! LOL! Is that not rather, uhh, interesting?

I was like, "Oh my god, yes there is some way you could assist me!" Haha, daaaang.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:01:14 PM
Damn dude you shoulda followed that one up. :smokin

;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:01:23 PM
The sad thing is, LV's cartoon picture for her avatar there is actually really hot, LOL. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:02:29 PM
I didn't miss it. But I think I'd miss the..er..touching.... I mean, two hour long orgasmic experience and all...I dunno. Sounds tiring. And if he didn't actually touch the girl, wouldn't said Jedi still need "satisfaction?"

There is a flaw in the theory there...

*notices talking about skinny dipping* Oooh

Ever see "Dr. T and the Women" or whatever that Richard Gere craptastic movie was called? Remember the fountain scene in the mall? I've always wanted to frolick in a fountain like that. I was going to do it at my college, but I didn't want to get in trouble. I was going to (in my bathing suit of course) the last day I was there, but I didn't have time.

:(

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:03:47 PM
Well that is hard, she works too much, but if I was making $4,000 a month, I would pay her like $500 a month for "part time work," LOL. She would be like, "So how can I help you as your secretary?" and I'd be like, "Uhh, well I'm kinda stressed out, think you could relieve some tension?" Hahaha, j/k! :)

Nah but the other day she was like, "I hate it, at my job I have to be on my feet all day!" and I was like, "Ah that sucks, you need a good foot massage," haha. She's so hot, though, way out of my league. ;)

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:05:20 PM
It is Jonathan. I believe I've actually seen her picture, but I can't remember.

Actually I'm prety curious what ALOT of the people on this board look like. I'm sure hardly any of you are how I picture you in my head.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:07:55 PM
I'm short, fat and ugly. No really. I am a true SW fan! ;) Sorry, have a thing about stereotypes...

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:14:36 PM
I am pretty average height for a guy I think, but I like my height mostly. I'm 5'10", brown hair, brown eyes, I don't weigh much at all. I really need to gain weight. I went to LMU weighing 145 roughly, which was good actually, now I weigh about 137!

I always wear polo shirts and black pants, sometimes Polo pants, sometimes whatever other brands, but they have to be really nice. I prefer red shirts, but I like my black polo shirts. Plus I have teal, yellow, dark green, white, and a number of other colors I rarely wear. I also have a lot of Oakley sunglasses, haha. $2,000+ in sunglasses. Red "fire iridium" lenses, normal black lenses, more luxurious GOLD lenses, blue "plasma ice" lenses, then I have plastic-framed ones too, including another fire iridium type with fire detailing on the sides, plus yet another pair of fire iridiums with a slightly different design. Then I have my prescription black sunglasses, hehe.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:17:10 PM
Thanks Jonathan...but I didn't mean for you to list out your appearance. It was more of a hypothetical thing. ;)

We're actually of similar size though. We weigh practically the same and I'm a touch taller than you are...but very close. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:18:45 PM
I have like six different pairs of sunglasses. Most of which I bought at "Claires" for like $4. :D

And Jon, we're about the same size. :p

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:21:20 PM
Nice. Then I do not feel too bad. I just want to gain mass, I mean the thing is, I am getting pretty muscular and I'm in shape now, for sure, but my body build is simply small. If a girl was like, "I like a bigger guy," well that is not possible for me. I am not big boned, I am not big built, hehe. I am quick, I'm agile, and I'm fast, and I am getting fairly strong, but I'm not big by any means nor will I ever be probably. At least I am not short, though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:26:07 PM
...is your name Peter Parker? ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:26:32 PM
:: Points to GJO ::

Picture request thread. Find out what your fellows here look like :)

Jon, Dont believe a word Lilaena says. She's the spitting image of Carrie Ann Moss in Memento.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:27:33 PM
LIES ALL LIES!

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:29:20 PM
Oh hush you and accept the compliment :p

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:30:01 PM
Nice, Carrie Anne Moss is pretty hot IMO ;)

Actually I said this in another thread I think, but I've had 3 people say I somewhat look like Tobey Maguire. Personally I do not think so, but hey whatever.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:31:40 PM
:grumble *accepts compliment* :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:33:06 PM
I dont look like anyone, except me

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:35:17 PM
I've heard everything from Helen Hunt to Cyndi Crawford, to tell the truth.

Its bizarre. Charley thinks I look like the chick from Natural Born Killers. You think I'm Carrie Ann Moss. I don't know who I am anymore! ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:43:08 PM
If you look like Cindy Crawford, uhh... So what are you doing this Friday anyhow?! ;) lol.

No but if you are in Greshman, you should see AOTC at Evergreen with me sometime. That couldn't be *too* far could it? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:53:33 PM
Well I've lived here a year. And I don't know where anything is. I've sort of been confined to home and work. But, sure!

As long as you're not a creepy internet guy ... :D

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:55:31 PM
I am not a creepy Internet guy, but you can bring a friend if you want! :) lol.

I will post a picture of me soon here, lol, I just don't feel my best right now so I don't feel like it, but perhaps this weekend, lol.

So you were born Dec. 6, interesting. Neil and I share a Dec. 12 birthday, pretty close then, hehe.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:58:21 PM
Creepy Internet guy?

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:00:06 PM
:eek *runs away from Mark*

^_^; I don't have any friends. They're all in CA, and like I said, I don't get out much. Its hard to go places by yourself. I hate having to meet people all over again! Of course, I'll make an exception for you. This ONE time. ;)

TheHolo.Net
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:03:26 PM
And next week on the SWFans.Net forums Dating game.... :p :lol

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:04:30 PM
You should meet some more people. I know it is really hard, though, hehe. Well I think it would be fun if you came to see AOTC at Evergreen with me. I'm there every day.

The funniest thing is when some idiot there is ripping my ticket and is like, "Ok auditorium 5 is to the left, go down to the blue arrow," or whatever. I'm like, "Lady, I have been here far longer than you, I practically LIVE here, I know where auditorium 5 is!" lol. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:04:59 PM
:lol :lol :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:06:18 PM
Hey it's not a date! :) lol.

Ok I guess I should admit something. I have never been to a movie with a girl when it was just me and the girl. I mean I've been when it was like a group of 7 or 8 people and maybe Bryan happened to have Stacey around or Rachel, but I've never been to a movie with a girl, lol. Liz agreed to see AOTC with me sometime soon but I have to call her and figure out what is up, hehe.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:07:55 PM
Yeah well, I'm an evil older woman. >D

TheHolo.Net
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:08:53 PM
Refrains from further comment

mmrrrmmphhh...

hehe

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:10:36 PM
:lol Ogre knows how I am. I'm an :angel

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:12:07 PM
Haha, whatever ;)

I have a friend who really likes the older ladies, haha. I mean like a few years older. I don't know, I figure + or - three years is as much difference as I could imagine.

Girls my own age make me nervous, lol. Oh wait, so do any girls, screw that theory. Whatever. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:13:21 PM
*does the math* Hmmmm...

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:15:58 PM
Hey, sweet setup, yo. I live in clackamas, btw, and go to PSU downtown. Yay! Oregon!

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:16:13 PM
Well I admit 22 certainly seems, ahem, old to me, but that means you can buy us alcohol, so hell yeah! :) That rocks, lol.

The problem with the 16 year old girls is they are not legal, LOL, so even if I did think a 16 year old girl was hot (ahem, my cousin's friend from a few weeks ago, lol), I have to just pretend I didn't notice. ;)

Star Wars provides so many great pickup lines. "Are you an angel?" Then of course my personal favorite... Wanna see my lightsaber?! ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:17:51 PM
Nice, another Oregon resident, wow. That's pretty remarkable.

Hey you two... we really need support for Fan Force, Portland, Oregon. We had our first meeting at Broadway Metroplex just a few weekends ago, but we only had about 5 people show up. Anyway check out FanForce.net and see their forums if you want. It'd be sweet to get a Portland chapter started, which is something we are trying to do fairly actively.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:18:19 PM
>_<

Dude, that line NEVER owrks with the ladies.

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:19:55 PM
Lol! I know, I'm just joking. That is a joke Bryan and I use, LOL. He was saying, "Just do not ever actually say that to a girl, ok?" I'm like, "Shutup, I'm not that stupid." lol.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:27:45 PM
:: In a galaxy far, far away.... a big ugly guy is taking a pretty young woman to the movies, and our hero, Jonathon is on the scence to save her!

Jonathon : Unhand that woman ugly!
BUB : P** off ...
Jonahton : (Waving hand) You dont want to date this woman
BuB : I dont want to date this woman
Jon : You want to go home and rethink your life
BUb: I want to go home and rethink my life (leaves)
PYT : My Hero Jonathon!

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:31:14 PM
Nice! I like that situation, as long as the hot chick likes me back ;)

Otherwise she's not worth saving, haha, j/k.

"I need a girl to..." you know that song? I want them to stop playing it at Evergreen, it annoys me every time I see AOTC, lol. Hits a little too close. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:31:32 PM
:lol:lol Yay Ryla! I drove to Clackamas the other day. I was lost. ;)

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:33:36 PM
I basically cannot drive many places either.

I can get to the Chevron on Burnside, I can get to Evergreen, I can get to Movies on TV, I can get to Tigard Cinemas and my best friend's house (both within a a 1/2 mile), and I can get to Blockbuster. That is basically it. Why would I need to go anywhere else? Hehe.

Oh yeah I can sorta get to the Blazers' Rose Garden and I can get to Target and Fred Meyer on the same road near my old high school.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:36:49 PM
I can get lost. ^_^; I *did* manage to find my way to Clackams Town Center though. :p

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:40:05 PM
I'd probably get lost going there too, hehe. I'm only a Star Wars fan, and not very knowledgeable about such things ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:46:45 PM
You don't know where the mall is?! I've only been there twice in a year. :p And I got lost the first time I went there by myself. Ended up in Portland somewhere...and then couldn't get OFF the freeway..and then couldn't get BACK ON the freeway to go the other way...and then got on, and was STILL not un-lost...and then got off and on again and FINALLY got to the mall.

By then I was frustrated, and broke anyway, so it wasn' t much fun. :p

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:50:57 PM
I am a guy, no I don't know where the mall is. I am sure most girls have excellent direction to the mall, though, like Cher in Clueless, lol.

I really never have any desire to go to a mall. I'd rather shop online. ;) Although sometimes there are cute girls at the mall, haha.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:53:10 PM
..ugly ones too. Sometimes. But we try and keep them away. o_O

JonathanLB
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:57:04 PM
True, but dang there are a large number of hot girls at the mall sometimes. Meesa like seeing that ;) LOL.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:05:00 PM
*adds reason number 23,948 that men are pigs to her list* Wait, that ones a repeat. I have it down as number 19,828 already.. :D

SO anyway. "Sometime" we should meet up and see the movie. Besides, then I can brag to LV I met you first. :p

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:45:56 AM
Some men may be pigs, but not me; no pig could have such fine taste in filmmaking, such as Star Wars ;) Anyways, all guys like seeing hot girls, just as I think all girls don't mind seeing good looking guys, haha.

Yeah, also LV wanted to know when I am gone to Vegas. It is August 19-23 or 24, my mom said (she wasn't sure if we get back the 23rd or the 24th).

Why would you want to see me before LV? Hehe, I am honored, lol. :)

Just pick a date and I can see AOTC then pretty much, except I am gone to Hawaii from June 15-22 or so, maybe it's the 23rd, but somewhere around there (make note of that, Buff, it's your big chance to gain viewings on me, haha).

I know the security guard at Evergreen now quite well, Andy is his name. He sees me there everyday lately and let me sneak into the final AOTC showing of the day, so I actually saw AOTC at 10:15 and it ended 30 minutes before the 10:45 showing (duh), so he let me sneak into the 10:45 and see the final part of AOTC again, haha. :) he is cool.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:46:24 AM
Geez...what did I start?!

This thread has taken a turn for the surreal. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:25:11 AM
*twilight zone theme plays*

Lady Vader
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:02:43 PM
Ok, then I must plan my trip for before or after the dates 19-24. I'll work it out with LD.

And actually, LD, when you had your hair wet and it was slicked back, you did look like Carrie Anne Moss.
But either way, you're still my twin from behind. :lol

And speaking of driving...

Hey Jon... *takes a deep breath* can IdrivethatAstonMartincanIhuhcanI??? :D :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 03:54:25 PM
My dad would not even let me drive it! But maybe he would let you, LOL, not likely though ;)

Threepio
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:22:09 PM
Mistress Vader, the odds of his father letting you touch that car are six hundred, nintey-nine thousand, seventy-two hundred and eighty-three to one!

(hehe I do NOT look like C.A.M!! Well mebbe a little. And esp. not in this account.. :p)

JediBoricua
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:01:13 PM
Hey Jon, don't loose the faith! The day you stop believing you cannot date a hot girl is the day you loose it....

Like everyone here I'm a rabid SW fan, and my g/f, besides being the sweetest, most intelligent and we are higly compatible, is without a doubt the most beautiful woman I have ever met. My ranking is #1: The queen of Jordan, #2 My g/f...

You've probably heard this before, but the trick is being yourself. Don't get nervous, the worst thing that can happen is that they say NO, or the infamous let's be friend, she is just another human being who is probably as nervous as you are. If you go thinking, man she's out of my league, she will be. If you go thinking, I'm just here to meet a new person an establish a relationship, any kind of relationship. Anyway, if I'm intruding into something I shouldn't, sorry, is just that I am also 19 and we have pretty much the same interests, althought I lack some in the amouth of square feet of property, I think I can give you some advice....

Lady Vader
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:04:10 PM
I'll just wear my LV costume and THEN see if he lets me drive it.

Maybe if I strike up a cat-like pose on the hood? :lol

Mu Satach
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:21:21 PM
Oh god...

Lady Vader
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:31:06 PM

Threepio
Jun 6th, 2002, 06:58:01 PM
Bless my circuits, that just might do the trick, Mistress Vader. Of course, if you scratched the hood...

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:41:52 PM
"Maybe if I strike up a cat-like pose on the hood?"

If it looked anything like that hot icon you have, LOL, which I realize is a cartoon (lol), then I think he'd let you! ;)

Anyone notice how a thread that stays on topic can never get to more than like maybe 50 replies, but once it goes off topic the sky is the limit? hehe

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:54:12 PM
No kidding Jonathan...and my how this has strayed. :)

Threepio
Jun 6th, 2002, 07:58:05 PM
Hey I like your house, its cool.

^see, now we're back on topic.

And, back OFF topic..you mentioned tomorrow at Evergreen? What time are we talking about, I might make it out. (oh and this is Lilaena)

Lady Vader
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:42:54 PM
No it's not! It's Threepio!! :p

Well, Jon, sorry to burst yer bubble, but I don't have black hair, green eyes, and a purple mask over my head. I'm just an average chic at 5'5" with brown hair and eyes.

Here, lemme show you...

*Slips out of her purple catsuit...*

JungleCat
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:43:46 PM
*... and into her RL skin.*

Ah, much better. :p

This'll have to do for now. I know I've got some other pics floating about, and goodness only knows other ppl have caught me on camera (goodness! not in THAT way! sheesh!).

As to who the red-headed chic is to the right of the sig...

*Slips out of RL skin...*

AmazonBabe
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:48:12 PM
:: ... and transforms into AB. ::

:p

Hence, the "chronic schizo" part. But I'm harmless...

Lady Vader
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:48:58 PM
... Really, I am. :p :mischief >D

*Nudges LD.*

You think I've confused them yet? :lol

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:03:38 PM
Nice, I see, I see. :)

I remember posts by AmazonBabe. I have only ever been things like: JonathanLB, Bowen, Jonathan, and Jonathan1138. lol.

Evergreen tomorrow... hmm... I do not exactly know what time, but I was thinking I'd go in the afternoon, like a 3 showing if they have one, I am not sure. I mean, you tell me if there is a time that is best for you.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:31:27 AM
Geez Lady Vader...you're cute. :) So is Lilaena for that matter(found a picture in the role players forums).

You're a lucky man Jonathan...a very lucky man. :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:13:39 AM
^_^; hehe thanks CMJ

I get off work at 2 today...and I don't know WHERE the Evergreen IS..(A slight problem I think...!) so it would be cutting it pretty close to say 3. :)

And LV, STOP SCARING THE NATIVES! Sheesh! Of course, I used two different names in this thread...but then Threepio isn't nearly as sexy as AB and LV are... :p

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:25:41 AM
I just call'em as I see them. I didn't mean to give you a big head or anything. :x

Well I hope you love birds have fun. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:31:24 AM
o_O

Weirdo.

THIS IS NOT LOVE CONNECTION! Haha, although, after seeing that house..hmmm. J/K I assure you , my intentions are entirely innocent. Movie! Besides this pushes MY view count to 5. *looks for directions*

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:37:39 AM
Don't call me a wierdo.

:shootin

I was just kidding...:) Anyone that knows me is aware of my pension for teasing.

"Damn fool I KNEW you were gonna say that."

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:39:08 AM
For someone who just pokes their head in once in a while, this thread is like the effin twilight zone! Who the hell is who & what the hell is going on? I feel so useless. :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:39:54 AM
Anyone who knows me knows I get teased a lot. :p And being called a weirdo is a..GOOD thing, trust me. :D

Okay I think I found the theatre. I might make the 3:20 showing if I left from work. Lemme know, Jon.

(edit: holy cow...I have to use like 5 freeways! If I don't show up, its because I ended up in Alaska...)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:47:39 AM
Alaska?! LMAO!

I understand though...I am pretty insulated in my section of Los Angeles because I could get lost VERY easily. :)

I don't go further than a few miles in any direction...this city is just so damn big.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 10:20:37 AM
P.s. My real name is Holly. :D

Lady Vader
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:04:10 AM
:wave

Hi Holly!

JMK, don't fret. Just hang around and everything will start making sense reeeeeeeeeally soon. Of course, when WE start making sense to you is when you should probably worry. :lol

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:54:31 AM
You were probably speaking to Jonathan, but I'll answer anyways. LOL...okay, well my real name is Courtland(the C from my handle...yes it's my initials, I'm SOO original). So there ya go.

:cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:28:46 PM
Courtland? Thats cool. Do you GO by Courtland, or have a nickname? (And I was talking to everyone, not just Jon, although if we DO meet up I don't want him calling me Lilaena, or LD. :p)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:34:13 PM
I prefer Courtland yes. I actually despise nicknames, which is probably why my friends liked to shorten my name on occasion.

A few of my friends back in Texas called me other things occasionally, like CJ, Court, Biz(don't ask), and a few others. Actually Court was the most frequent one...only Emmitt my best friend called me all the others. He probably literally had 15 different nicknames for me(not all of them suitable to be posted on the board). ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:59:19 PM
My first nickname was Wiggleworm. I've had like a dillion nicknames, because my WHOLE first name is actually Jane-Holly...the possibilities are endless when you have that many syllables in your first name. :( :D

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:03:36 PM
I can imagine. ;) That is a bit odd with your double first name. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before. I've known people with multiple middle names before, but never 2 first names. Very unique(almost as unique as my name).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:50:10 PM
ALMOST!? :mad I'm more unique!

;)

Is Jon around at all!? I'm about to leave work..guess I'll go home before I start getting lost. :p

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:53:25 PM
Nah...my middle and last names are odd as well my dear ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:01:09 PM
Now I'm curious.

*dies of curiousity* :x

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:03:02 PM
Courtland Milan Jindra ;) Now the whole world can see. LOL!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:27:44 PM
Ahhhhh. :) I thought maybe it was Courtland Michael Jordan.

AmazonBabe
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:40:24 PM

Holly! Another reaosn why we're twins! Our first names have double names in em! (Cept mine doesn't have a hyphen.)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:42:16 PM
LOL!! Yeah...since Michael is SUCH an unsual name(Jordan is somewhat common too, come to think of it).

No, Jindra is Czech...and I don't believe it's even common in the Republic, much less here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:46:31 PM
No, they aren't unusual..BUT...Michael Jordan plays BASKETBALL...on a COURT...land?

Okay I was reaching. :p

AB, we totally rule. :)

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:49:50 PM
LOL, Lilaena!

Believe me I've heard a thousand variations on "Court" jokes through the years.

Tennis Court, Basketball Court, the Land of Court....etc, etc.

Ad Naseum. :p

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:08:00 PM
Count Courtula
Court Of Monte Cristo
Courtland Cox Arquette
Centre Court
Courtdown
The Ball's in your Court
Not on my Court!
Hearyea-Hearyea-This-Court-is-now-in-session-the-honorable-Judge-Jindra-is-presiding!!!

...and jedieb is short for Eb, which is short for Eberto. Not Alberto, or Elberto, it's Eberto. No one ever pronounces it the way I like so I've just cut it to Eb. Not that that helps much, it always takes people 5 tries before they stop saying Ed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:09:02 PM
I know what you mean. :) I get my name twisted so much I answer to everything, including "Hey stupid!"

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:10:19 PM
Actually Eb...a few of you Court examples have been used through the years. :)

There have been nicknames from my last name too...not nearly as many however, as you actually have to get creative. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:33:17 PM
*brain explodes trying to figure out a nickname involving Jindra*

:headache

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:38:04 PM
How about "Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch him, he's the Jindra bread man."

And yes...I did hear that one! Gotta give props to who came with it. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:40:04 PM
Hey, I like that one! :D

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:43:45 PM
Yeah it's actually one that was used on my Dad too. It was more fitting for him since he was a cross country AND track star in highschool(won state twice) and college(four year letterman).

I just heard it as a child...no good reason other than a buncha punk kids liked to pick on me.

It's okay, I'll have my revenge.....

:headbash

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:51:36 PM
"Soon we will reveal ourselves to the nickname makers. Soon we will have revenge."

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:53:32 PM
ROTFLMAO!

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:09:47 PM
Jedieb, I always pronounced it with a bit of a french accent, since spanish and french aren't all that different. Am I right in doing that? I HATE mispronouncing people's names, I have the lady on my softball team named Lorrie, but I didn't know how it was spelled, so I naturally wrote her name "Laurie" on the lineup card. Boy was a I angry when she told me the real spelling. :x

JonathanLB
Jun 7th, 2002, 05:23:44 PM
Whoops got up late today and didn't check the forum, lol. :)

Uhh... sorry about that.

Anyhow, of course everyone calls me Jon, but I do actually go by Jonathan. I like the full name because few people with my name actually use it. I have always thought Jonathan was more dignified than simply Jon, but I let people call me Jon because it's easier for them to type or say and I don't want to be a pain about it, haha.

But when my friends talk about me or whatever, they say, "Jonathan has this..." or whatever, they don't say Jon. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:18:34 PM
<------ Points to name

That's actually my real name, twisted slightly. Remove the Q and that's me :)

The Q is part of a very early hacker alias in the late 80's / early 90's, when I was on mainframes and I used to play with the X.400 networks and some fo the early Internet. It developed when I began motor racing and developed a reputation of getting out of tricky situations. After one particular episode, someone commented I had to have the powers of a Q to do what I just did and the name stuck. Even my brother calls me Q.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:36:49 PM
Oh no one cares, Mark. ;)

AmazonBabe
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:40:24 PM
:wave Hello Marcus without a Q. :)

And Holly, funny you should mention that"Hey stupid" remark. Something like that happened to Tine.

We were at Magic Mountain and she was standing in line with a freind of mine for some food. Well, I went off to get food somewhere else, and got mine before them. So when I came back, they were still in line. I was trying to get her attention, but she was chatting away with my friend, looking in the opposite direction. Needless to say, she didn't hear or notice me. So, after basically screaming her name a thousand times (much to the dismay of those near me), I yelled out at the top of my lungs, "HEY STUPID!!!". She immediately turned around to acknowledge me. Needless to say the crowd errupted into laughter.

I gotta do that again some day. That was too funny. :lol:lol:lol

(Ah, the joys of picking on your lil sis. ;))

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:41:31 PM
Hey AB! I'm going to meet Jonathan-who-is-not-called-Jon tonight!

If I never come back, make his life miserable, okay? :)

AmazonBabe
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:46:18 PM
Will do! good luck! :) :wave It was nice knowing you! ;) :p :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:49:55 PM
:)

:\

:uhoh

:cry

That wasn't helpful, AB!

:mischief:p

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:09:06 PM
LOL!!!

:mischief

Mu Satach
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:12:16 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Oh no one cares, Mark. ;)

owch!

*pats Mark on the back*

well *I* always wondered about the Q thing....

sorta...

maybe...

naaaaahhhh.. :D

;)

on the subject of names...

how many fricken ways is there to write the name Natalie... I tell people my name and they always write down "NADALY" or something equally horrible.

god... >_<

it's natalie... it ain't that uncomon... :p

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:26:00 PM
Good luck Jonathan....;)

Mwhahahahahahahhahahahahahha

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:40:35 PM
I am looking forward to the reports on this.....

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:03:57 PM
No kidding Marcus. ;) I can think of literally 25 different scenario's.

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:54:08 PM
I think Jon needs to use his new digital camera to take pictures of tonight's meeting. All kinds of pictures....:evil

he's the Jindra bread man."
That one's funny. Nicknames can be funny and yet not insulting. There's a difference between insulting someone and getting a laugh. Basically, if somebody tells you to quit calling them something and threatens to punch you in the head, you've obviously hurt their feelings and you should stop ridiculing them. Unless you're much bigger then them. Then they're basically at your mercy. >D

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:57:38 PM
I was always at my taunter's mercy. I was a skinny little wimp in grade school. To say I was the butt of alot of jokes would be an understatement. :)

I actually blame alot of my shyness today on that fact actually.

GEEZ...I will not psychoanalyze myself in a thread in the future, I promise. Sorry guys. :)

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:10:59 PM
Now is the time for you to seek VENGENCE Courtland!!! I'm pretty sure you could get buff/ravishing to hunt down and pummel some of the people who teased you in the past. Just provide him with a ticket to AOTC in your target's hometown. I figure you can get 1 good solid beating for just 2 or 3 tickets. Throw in some money for nachos and he'll probably throw in some broken bones. I really don't think you'll find better rates any where else. The mob and the Columbians have basically priced themselves out of this market. Bruise for bruise, buff's your best value by far.

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:12:59 PM
LMAO Eb! Not a bad idea actually. ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:14:50 PM
Heh, I agree with CMJ. Being a weed at school is baad.

Whats funny is now all the meatheads are getting fat. And I'm no longer weed :)

Reminds me, I better bugger off and have my swim. I'm aiming to be a buff jedi too :)

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:18:49 PM
Marcus, I wish I could use the phrase "bugger off" and not come off like a Paul-Hogan-wanna-be-dork. Man, how cool is it to be an Aussie? :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 09:26:55 PM
I'll have to find the New Zealand "Bugger" ads for Toyota then. It features a HiLux going out of control and hitting lots of thnigs like a outdoor toilet. And after each thing is hit, the owner / occupier will sayy "Bugger"

I know it sounds dumb, but I guess you right, only an ANZAC could say bugger and make it hilarious or cool :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:56:46 PM
Well I'm home!

Wanna hear all the gossip?! Girls, want the skinny on Jonathan!?

You're going to have to go someplace else for it. Somehow I *knew* this was going to happen like....this....

I left in plenty of time to get there. Of couse. HOWEVER...it took me FOREVER TO GET THERE!!! I thought I was lost a few times, but I wasn't. Just hadn't gone FAR enough.

Jonathan lives WAAAAAAAAY WAAAAAAAAY too far away. Like..forever far! ;) Okay, I'm exaggerating. A little.

Mebbe more than a little.

ANYWAY...

I'm about...oh...twenty minutes away from where I eventually end up, and ...*gasp of horror* the YOU-ARE-ALMOST-OUT-OF-GAS-YOU-STUPID-WOMAN light comes on. Oh no, I'm almost out of gas...you STUPID WOMAN! I think to myself, and successfully freak out. On the freeway.

However, I did manage to get to the theatre. And my directions, true to my history with MapQuest, had one wrong turn in them. The very very last one. It told me to turn left at 188th...so I got in the left lane. Then I see the theatre staring at me on the right.

Curses! I couldn't get over, so I had to do some tricky manuevering to finally get to the theatre. It is by now...7:10.

I was supposed to meet Jonathan at.......oh...before 7, because that is when the movie STARTED! And, of course, I have no idea what he looks like, beside the fact that he was going to wear a black polo shirt.

So I wait in line. I get a ticket and I GO to the 7 o'clock show, thinking, well, MAYBE he is inside, and i'll catch him AFTER the movie, at least.

To make this long story, a wee bit shorter..I didn't. I didn't see anyone who looked like they might be Jonathan, and he didn't see me, or if he did he ran in the other direction, because I did NOT meet him tonight. :p

Oh, and I finally DID get gas...and my car drove BAD all the way home.

*snifs* :\ :( And I'm starving!

*goes to eat her VERY SUPER HOT Hot Pocket*

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 12:03:56 AM
LMAO...exactly like my life...a comedy of errors. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 12:09:35 AM
:cry:cry

And now I've killed a hot pocket..and I'm thinking about going for another one.... >D

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 8th, 2002, 12:30:08 AM
Like D'oh!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 12:53:57 AM
Like, totally Scooby!

Oh wait... o_O

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 12:56:40 AM
LOL...now I can't WAIT to read Jonathan's response. He probably thinks you stood him up. ;)

He's gonna be MAD!

:spank

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:03:09 AM
What!! I was there! I SWEAR ON MY MOTHERS NON EXISTANT GRAVE I WAS THERE!

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:05:10 AM
LOL! He's probably sulking, thinking you played a mean trick on him.

Poor lad...I feel sorry for him. ;) You meanie.

:headbash

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:08:28 AM
:cry

I almost RAN OUT OF GAS because I wouldn't get off the freeway, because I didn't want to be LATER than I WAS!

Also, I was pretty sure once I got off, I'd never be able to find my way back on it.

:shootin

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:17:25 AM
LOL...are we fighting now? On guard....

:duel

;)

I'm just kidding. I bet Jonathan is a bit disappointed at the moment though. He'll feel better once he logs on and reads what happened. :)

Threepio
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:23:01 AM
Mistress De'Ville says to tell you she's going to bed...and if Jonathan wants to try again on Sunday, she now knows how to get to the damn theatre.

...Is that language really necessary!?

*ducks flying shoe* !!!!!

Oh my!

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:40:49 AM
C'mon Jonathan, I know you're a nightowl...log on man. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:17:36 AM
Sorry, Bad Company just got finished playing and I'm still thinking about my rating of it, haha.

I am second guessing myself because the critics all hated it pretty much, but I was like, WTF? This movie is good!!! I'm going to give it 3 I think, but I will specifically state that it gets a very strong 3, as in better than any other 3 star film this year (so close to 3.5). I gave Sum of All Fears 3.5, though, and this is basically almost as good, and better in some ways. It's too predictable, though, and too unrealistic. Sum of All Fears felt more realistic to me, like it was quite possible, whereas this was more contrived, but it was more of a comedy and less of a serious film, so that is, IMO, acceptable. Anyway, good movie.

"LMAO...exactly like my life...a comedy of errors."

Hey hey, I got the patent on that one CMJ :)

No I didn't think that Holly just decided not to come, haha, but I admit it did rather, uhh, not "ruin," but... well it made the first part of AOTC just not register because I was still kind of looking back to see if I could see her or whatever. I was sitting about three rows down from the aisle between the middle and upper sections. I actually waited outside (after putting my jacket inside) until about 7:01 or so, after the ads had started! I just didn't see her and I thought, "Hmm... well maybe she is already in the theater?" So I went there, didn't see her, but I think in retrospect I should have just waited outside and not gotten the ticket at all, that way we could have gone to the 7:30. Basically it is one of those Murphy's Law type of things.

This happens, though, it just happened 2 weeks ago to me, ok 13 days ago. My friend and I went to Broadway Metroplex downtown to have the first Portland Fan Force meeting, right? Well... lol, it was not so easy. We couldn't find the other members, basically, except in this instance the Force truly did guide us. It just so happened that two other members were sitting within one row of us, yet there were at least 25 rows in this particular auditorium. So four of us met up, my friend, me, and two other people. It was not at all a total loss, but I heard another member came and didn't see us, so left. See, we were in the theater still as the credits played, talking, that is the key here. You gotta figure only a die-hard stays for the credits. I almost ALWAYS stay until the final note of music plays and the credits are done, otherwise I don't feel like I am appreciating the work of all the people who put years of their lives into the film. ;)

So Holly, I stayed for a little while in the theater to see if anyone else would stick around, but there were only 4 people, both couples, and I was like, "Ok so I guess I'll go out of the theater and see if anyone is there," but I didn't see anyone either. Then I waited for a sec, tried outside (like outside the entire theater), but no luck. Bummer, we were both there too.

Sorry about all of that. We both should have gotten there earlier I guess. You hadn't been here before, though, so that's harder. I got there only 15 minutes early, or actually more like 12, because, just like most of my life, everything imaginable went wrong trying to get there. My mom starts annoying me because I got up late today (I obviously don't feel well), and then she gets dinner made late, so I eat quick and I leave, but I can't get there in my normal time because this stupid idiot in front of me insists on driving the speed limit (STUPID LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!), lol, and then of course this idiot turns the other way and I'm like, "Ah yes, finally..." but then a bus turns right in front of me. I mean, jesus, wtf? Can't I get just one break here? Haha

Oh well, yeah we can try again Sunday for sure, if that is good for you. We'll both just get there earlier and maybe I will sit on one of those benches outside, so you know that is where I'll be or something...

Anyways... sorry about that. Obviously today the Force was not with us.

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:23:17 AM
LOL Jonathan...I believe I have the patent on it. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:26:59 AM
Well if you have the patent, then I have a franchise! :)

CMJ
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:28:22 AM
Fair enough my friend. :p

Dutchy
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:36:39 AM
Hey Jonathan, I thought you were more like living in a dorm or whatever, college-wise. Or are you and do you live at that huge house in the weekends and holidays or something? Or is your room just still there for whenever you wanna stay there?

Maybe you've already told that, but I'm too lazy to catch up on the entire thread. :)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:43:29 AM
This thread has lost me even and I thought I read it at all. There are at least a few comments here I didn't get, LOL, so I guess I didn't do a good enough job of reading it all. Try TFN's forums, jesus, I gave up after a bit of that nonsense. A few threads have 1,500+ posts easily, and the sad thing is, most of them started within the last month, so... it's not like they were built over years, they were built practically overnight.

I am back at home, Dutchy... Basically, I withdrew from my past college, LMU, after the first semester. Well, I finished first semester, I went down there to LA for my second semester, but after 3 days I could not stand being there any more and I didn't want to have to deal with the depression of staying there, so I decided to withdraw, save my family $13,000 in tuition and living expenses (but -$2,000 in moving expenses...), and transfer to OSU (Oregon State, and I live in Oregon, so it's close and very cheap), which is also where all of my friends go.

I just realized the guys at the theater who see me every day basically probably think I have no friends at all, LOL, because I am totally alone when I go most of the time. My friends get back from college in less than 10 days, but I leave for Hawaii when they get back, so... still, we'll have all summer. Usually I DO go to movies with my friends, at least all of the major ones, like Bryan and I will go see Minority Report I am sure, MIB2, Mr. Deeds, and every other film we want to see. Usually it's a weekly thing, or if there are two movies that week, we see them both. So I generally do not go alone to movies, but of course in the last few months, there has been nobody to go with basically.

The guys at the theater seriously all know me, it is so funny. I guess that's not totally true, though, it's only the regulars who know me. There are part-time workers on the weekends, A LOT OF THEM, who seem to work only those few nights when they really need the extra staff, and they don't know me because I am one of hundreds of people who come through there. But on the weeknights, there are not many other people there, so they get to recognize me, hehe. Especially the security guard. Always good being friends with a security guard, hehe, especially if he lets you sneak into AOTC's last 30 minutes like the other night ;) lol. Ironic...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:14:44 AM
You were in there? I walked in just as Corday died..and sat right in the back corner there by the door.

I knew I should have sat in there through the credits, but to be honest, I was worried about my car. I stood in the conession area for about ten minutes, until I got someone to tell me where the nearest gas station was.

Sunday! :lol and NOW I have a full tank of gas.

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:33:37 PM
Shame on you! You missed the opening scroll. :) lol.

The only part of a Star Wars film I ever missed because of being late was "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." That happened to me once with TPM because my mom was driving me at that time and she was late, lol, but still I never missed any of the actual film. :D

Ok Sunday, that'll be a special screening for me, #20!!! :) Haha.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:03:38 PM
I know I know! I *love* the opening scroll! :p

One time I tried to watch all three SE movies in a row, but I think I slept through most of RotJ. On video, of course, not in theatres. Although *that* would have been awesome.

Think that we'll ever have a re-release of all SIX movies in one year? That would be great! ^_^

Hmmm watching AotC twice in a weekend? A record for me... *looks inside her wallet...moths fly out* :eek

:p j/k

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:07:00 PM
I can pay if you want, it really isn't a big deal. But I have to find a way to get to the theater now somehow, because I sure as hell ain't driving there myself... Nor do I have a car to do so at this point.

So I think my sister agreed to take me. Sorry, a bit embarrassing... but given the other thread I posted, not much else I can do.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:11:23 PM
:lol I just read that other thread. I'd pick you up in MY car, but that means I have to clean it out. Plus, ...well probably just isn't a good idea.

And if you want to go see the Ya Ya movie instead, we could do that. I don't mind. :p

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:17:08 PM
I think my mom wants to go with me to see that anyway, so that's ok, unless you want to see both or something, hehe, but I doubt you have the time for that. If you'd rather not see AOTC yet again in the same weekend, I understand, I mean I see it daily but I realize not everyone wants to do that ;)

Just let me know, whatever works is fine. I can get a ride down to the theater, it is ok...

Before long I'll just get a new car. I want something strong, but fairly small, something that hugs the road a little more closely, none of this SUV nonsense. Seriously. I don't want a dinky car that is going to get crushed in an accident, but I certainly want a smaller one that is lower to the ground. Even like a Buick or an Oldsmobile, both of which I do not much like, are still "smaller" in that they are close to the ground and wouldn't tip over at all, basically.

Too bad about this, it's like somehow our meeting each other is supposed to be a challenge or something, LOL.

ReaperFett
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:18:05 PM
I walked in just as Corday died
Cordé :)

Bonus marks if you name the other handmaiden that died:)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:21:09 PM
I was going to say "Corde" but I did not feel like correcting anyone. ;) lol. But see they all spell it that way, like Corde, Dorme, Padme, etc... It's a handmaiden trademark.

Sabe, from TPM, and there were a lot more I am sure that I forget at this point.

ReaperFett
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:24:44 PM
Just one died with Cordé:)

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:35:45 PM
Hey you know what is really great? I should post this elsewhere, but it came to mind...

I read about half or more of the final draft AOTC screenplay last night! Wow, there are so many different scenes and extra lines. Sometimes I really like what they have there, but of course the movie couldn't have been any longer. It really needed to remain in the standard 2h15 range, the max for a SW film. Still there is a lot of stuff explained, like for sure Obi-Wan is looking at a bust of Dooku in the library, which I figured but wasn't 100% sure. The script very clearly says so, though.

There are so many cool things in the script that go a long ways to describing what is actually in the movie. It's a great read. There are a few parts I thought, "Oh, good thing they took this out, doesn't really flow as well," but mostly it helps your appreciation of the film.

One interesting note... Padme says, "...to NOT be here when the vote is decided" or whatever. Well the script has the correct grammatical form of that, because "to not be" is a split infinitive. The shooting script says, "...not to be..." which is correct. Nonetheless, people do not always speak in proper grammar so the line works fine as is, I was just noting that Lucas and Hales wrote it properly and Natalie apparently changed it.

Also, there is a part in the line where Padme and Anakin meet again where he says, "...and short... for a senator, I mean." It was kind of funny because she would look short considering how much taller he got, but it didn't work to say "for a senator" AND have the short line because the "for a senator" part referred to his comment about her being pretty, so I was glad they cut that part out of the final movie.

ReaperFett
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:39:57 PM
He could have ended that sentence with "Im a flying teapot", I was cringing so much I couldnt hear :)

I wish they left the Trade Federation ship attack in

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:57:20 PM
:lol to tell the truth, that is the first time I've spelled Cordé CORDAY. I don't know why I did. I blame it on work, personally. Time to kick customers out, yay!

ReaperFett
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:00:11 PM
literally? SOunds fun :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:08:06 PM
Nah, not literally. We had a lady stay in until 8:10. Didn't get out of there until 8:45...15 minutes late! YUK!

Lady Vader
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:14:54 PM
I can't believe you messed up your meeting for AOTC! For shame! :p

Well, at least you're still alive. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:18:09 PM
:lol Gee thanks...I think?

JonathanLB
Jun 8th, 2002, 11:18:23 PM
Well, we will still meet, so oh well...

I really liked that line Reaper, were you kidding? I thought it was great! "For a senator, I mean." Oh man, totally classic, I still laugh at that even 18 viewings later. :)

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2002, 12:16:16 PM
It might have been good had Hayden been in good acting mode at that stage :)

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:01:37 PM
His acting throughout the film was excellent! I love Hayden, he's a great actor, and in AOTC I think his performance was even stronger than Life As A House. That line is also one of the better ones in the movie. lol, I don't know what movie you saw, but the one I saw Christensen is a perfect Anakin.

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:09:27 PM
THe one I saw had two Haydens. An awful actor until Tatooine, and then a good actor took his place :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:53:49 PM
*shakes a stick at Fett* Back to your corner!!

Okay I did it, I met Jonathan. AND I SURVIVED!!! ^_^;

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:00:58 PM
Do you want me to print you a t-shirt or something like that?! LOL. "I survived meeting Jonathan to see Star Wars!"

My dad had a hat he gave away 10 years ago at his party that said, "I survived Walter Bowen's 50th birthday bash!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:19:54 PM

I was even early this time, after being so LATE last time.

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:23:45 PM
Yeah, sorry for being a bit late! :(

I had to have my sister take me, that's basically her car to use. I think I could have driven, but I did not feel up to it. I will take a driving break for about two weeks I think...

JMK
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:00:42 PM
Jon, I would have to urge you to get back in the driver seat asap. Even if its just a night drive, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to get back on the road. But if you're really uncomfortable, then I guess its best to cool out for a while.

CMJ
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:08:51 PM
So how'd it go?

:love

?????????????

;)

LOL

JonathanLB
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:20:40 PM
Well JMK, I did drive the car back home actually, if that counts sorta, haha, it was after the accident. I am not afraid to drive really dude, I'm just thinking that I am going to Hawaii Saturday and I'm pretty much not in need of a car this week because my AOTC viewings will be with friends, so I'm covered pretty much.

CMJ, Lilaena De'Ville is the hottest Star Wars fan girl ever! :) lol

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:23:46 PM
*levels a blaster at CMJ* >D

:p Yay I win an award for being hot! Or..something like that. And I have a feeling I'm signed in under a different name..... o_O

CMJ
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:23:51 PM
Hey dude, I've seen her picture, I know she's Cuuuuuuute. :)

Why the hell do you think I said you were a lucky man in an earlier post? :p

She's also the schizzo lady #2 while we're on that subject. ;)

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:26:50 PM
:lol:lol

I am not! Well, yeah I am. Just be glad I'm not using ALL of my screen names in this thread. :p