PDA

View Full Version : Avatar error

IG-88
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:43:52 PM
Currently, I am not able to change the graphic under my designation - that computer image which you all know and love as "the avatar".

I am greeted with the terse and unpleasant message of "Error - cannot find an image at the specified URL. Please make sure that you have entered a valid URL."

This occurs whether I upload the new avatar (If you flimsy biologicals MUST know, there was an error in choosing transparent colours in the creation of the first - this new one is meant to reflect same transparacies as the one in my signature image.) to your taxed yet generally amicable server, or upload the new avatar to my own site and send your server the Universal Resource Locator - which also uploads it to your own server, but anyway.

There is a 96.5 percent chance that an explanation or help - or both - would be appreciated.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:46:24 PM
Well. Could you attach the avatar to a post here so that I can give it a try?

IG-88
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:29:35 AM
Certainly. Apologies for the delay, and that I didn't even think to do it before.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:14:52 AM
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. There was a side effect of the hack I modified/added to display a user's avatar on all pages of the newest style, which caused users to be unable to modify their avatar. But that bug has now been squashed and avatar uploads and changes via an input URL are now fully functional again. :)

IG-88
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:22:41 PM
Ah. I had wondered if it had to do with the new style... also, I see you have further edited the AotC - Geonosis style to allow users to log back in from the log out screen, bang up job. :)

And thanks for putting up my avatar for me, too.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:24:26 PM
Yeah, I suspect I'll be adding little things like that over the course of the next week or so as they come to my attention, being missing or needing change.

You are welcome for the assistance. :)