PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcaster: The Serpent Slithers II

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 1st, 2001, 05:10:19 PM
Seth, awake from thy slumber...

Seth's eyes opened instantly. For a moment, when he observed the darkened place he was in, he thought himself to be dead. Dim candles were the only light source in the room. Or was it a room? Seth couldn't tell the difference anymore between fact and fiction. His mind was fatigued after the <a href=http://pub47.ezboard.com/ftheblackhand23755frm4.showMessage?topicID=50.topi c>events that had transpired</a> earlier. Seth wondered how long he had been asleep.

You were deceived. The voice spoke in his head. The illusions were those of a true illusionist. Even you were fooled.

"But, I'm alive..." Seth growled.

He noticed that none of his clothing had been touched. His gauntlet claws pierced through the blanket that covered him as he cast it away like a piece of trash. Seth stood up, his boots made a clicking sound on the stone floor when they contacted.

"...And it seems that I am deep in Bast Castle." The Dark Jedi grabbed at his mask and pulled it off. He took his hood off, revealing a mane of white hair. No one had ever seen his true face, but himself. Seth had a youthful look, despite the color of his hair. His face had no real damage to it. Seth's eyes were once again a healthy white, with the pupils still pale orange. He inhaled deeply. "But, where am I?"

Seth noticed that his weapon belt laid on a wooden chair beside the bed. He walked over and grabbed it, putting it back on.

"Hello?" Seth asked, the word echoed through the room.

Aaron Grimm
Jun 8th, 2001, 03:58:12 PM
"Hello."

a voice echoed back, dry and flowing. Seth's eyes turned to the shadows off by the book shelf and the door, watching as a tall blonde man with jaw-length hair rested one palm upon the doors frame, and another over his own stomach. The figure seemed regal, composed, and aware.

"Enjoying your stay?"

The man moved forward, his dark garments becoming more colourfully defined in the dim candle light which filtered through the musty air.

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 8th, 2001, 07:58:36 PM
In mere moments, Seth already had his sword unsheathed. He jumped across the floor and landedin front of the mysterious man, pointing his sword tip at his neck.

"Wh-who are you?!" Seth stammered, full of adreneline.

He reached out with the Force, trying to get a sense of control over his actions. He couldn't quite grasp control over himself. Slowly his sword slid down his hand and fell to the floor with a soft clank. Seth backed up a bit to get a better look at the man. He had long blond hair, looking rather primitive. He reminded Seth of a nomad from Dantooine, except he was lacking the size.

Bending down on one knee, Seth grabbed his sword and forced himself to point it upwards. He did not trust this thing at all, and using the Force was not an option. His head was spinning, he could barely focus on sight. Seth swallowed hard, feeling a lump form in his throat. He pushed back the nausea feelings and forced himself to stand up at full height.

"Do not attemp--to--atta--" Seth fell back on the bed, managing to sit up. He stared at the man, knowing he'd have to act fast if he was going to attack.

"Where am I? WHO are you? What happened to that funny looking ghost?!" Seth shouted.

Aaron Grimm
Jul 22nd, 2001, 01:41:29 AM
"I'm Aaron... You're on Vjun. My brethren told me you'd be here... I was just curious to see who the latest of my Dark Kindred would be. Deception's away, is he not?"

The blond man walked toward's Seth and seated himself on a table right by the place where the Sith had been sleeping earlier.

"I'm curious, since I have need of a few of his books... since he's not here, I just thought I'd borrow them. He'll never know."

Aaron leaned back and gave Seth a side-ways glance.

"You don't know what I'm talking about, do you? I'm talking about Jeseth Cloak."

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 11th, 2001, 06:52:53 PM
"I know perfectly well who Deception is." Seth growled.

The Knight had heard people call Jeseth this before. It seemed to be his respective title. Seth couldn't understand why others called him Deception. Perhaps it had something to do with his supposed death and resurface? Such things did not concern Seth Darkserpent at present time. He was more concerned with his current location.

"That must mean I am in Jeseth's room. It also means I finally found my way to the lower levels of the castle." Although Aaron could not see it, Seth grinned under his mask. Seth rolled up his sleeve and studied the chronometer on his forearm. He had been asleep for six standard hours on Vjun.

"Greetings Aaron. I am..." Seth's cloak seemed to expand and add to the darkness of the room. It gave black a new meaning as it covered the walls and the ceilings. Then, within the blink of an eye the cloak was normal length again. "...the Lord of Shadows."

Seth quickly regained his composure. His eyes blazed orange with pride and evil. Yes, two swirling balls of molten rock, filled with evil. His whole presence gave off a dark aura that would make some shudder. His armor gleamed in the dimness of the room, refusing to be snuffed out.

"I am Seth Darkserpent, the Lord of Shadows." Seth announced with confidence. "Now Aaron, I don't mean to be rude although I have a lot of catching up to do. Perhaps you can be so kind as to tell me how I came to be in Jeseth's room? Or must I dig the answers out of your brain using my bare hands?"

Seth stared at Aaron, expecting a quick answer.

"And perhaps after you answer my questions, you could give me the full tour." He cackled.

Aaron Grimm
Aug 14th, 2001, 08:19:55 PM
Aaron's hand dashed across the book shelf, pulling loose the Book of Anger. He grinned as it's power flowed through him, almost moaning, but keeping his composure (just barely) in Seth eyes. "Yes... Yes of course. I found you laying upon the court yard's main floor... My lords advised me to bring you to my master's room. You are to be the newest of my masters..." For now, Seth Darkserpent. Your time will come, just as will Deception's and the rest's. Arrogant fools you all are. "Just follow me this way..."Releasing his hold on the Book of Anger, Aaron slipped the text into his coat's largest pocket, stepping through the door.

The shadows immediately shifted away from the man, then around him. It might have given some the impression that Aaron was a skilled Force user, but not many actually knew it was merely the book's immense and overwhelming power which drove so much of the living universe to obey Aaron's every whim.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 18th, 2001, 07:28:12 PM
Seth regarded Aaron for a moment wondering what was so odd about the man. He seemed normal enough, but Seth detected a note of hidden bitterness in his voice. The Dark Jedi wasn't sure what to make of it, but he was quite capable of taking care of himself in times of trouble. Seth straightened his sheath and followed Aaron out the door, giving the dim room one last look. He decided he liked Jeseth's room. It would be nice to have a similar room constructed for himself.

"If what Aaron is saying is indeed true, that means I must have been accepted into the fold of the Black Hand." Seth thought to himself. "It seems I am on the right path to my personal success. Then finally, I can rest in peace. Until then I will have to work harder and climb more stairs to achieve my goals.

Seth thought of it as a good idea to absorb every bit of information and every little detail he could. He didn't exactly have a photographic memory, but nevertheless he had a good one. A memory that enabled him to learn quickly and remember things easily. The Dark Jedi wanted to learn his way around before seeking out the other members of the Black Hand. It would be interesting to get to know them. One by one.

"Aaron," Seth began in a low voice. "I do not mean to be rude at all, but what is your status here at Bast? I came here to expand my horizons and find a home with those similar to me. This was something the Sith or the Jedi for that matter could not provide. This is my haven. But what has brought you here? I am quite interested in knowing if you do not mind."

It was awfully hard not to use the word "servant" while he spoke. Seth had associated Aaron with being a servant by the way he spoke, using the word "Masters". Perhaps it was just Seth's brain trying to wake up to current events, but something told him he didn't want to anger Aaron at this point in time.

"Oh and if you do not mind, what is that book in your coat? Books interest me, fountains of knowledge they are."