PDA

View Full Version : Out in the Jungle (Xazor)

Chance
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:31:59 PM
A young boy, near the age of 10, slowly walked toward the double doors that lead out into the center of the living complex. Behind the doors a lush jungle grew without hassle, the place was a beautiful sight. Chance’s boots clicked against the marble floors as he neared the doors, his adopted father Kanji had shown him the way to the jungle days past.

The half-draekard depressed a console and stepped back as the doors slid open with a slight hiss. The smell of the jungle wafted into the corridors quite quickly. Chance stepped out into the bright sun and closed the double doors behind him, turning he continued down the path into the emerald wall of foliage. The place was quiet, peacefully quiet.

Days before, Xazor promised to train the young half-draekard in the ways of the Jedi. The lightsaber given as a gift hung in the weapons’ belt at his side, it swinging back and forth gently. Chance passed many trees and shrubbery on his way to the center of the jungle where there was a waterfall and pool.

A few minutes later, Chance entered the clearing and looked around in wonder a smile crossing his face gently. He hoped Xazor would notice his message under her door and come as soon as possible if she wasn’t too busy at the time. Sitting down on a rock, Chance waited with his chin propped up in his hands watching the path with bright golden eyes.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:14:54 PM
A small framed woman walked into the clearing and spotted Chance. Smiling as best as her gentle wrinkled face would allow her, she hobbled over to where the young boy sat. Her cane was used to hold her up and as she moved, she accidentally dropped it.

"Oh dear....a little help young man?"

She questioned the boy. She was testing him now to see two things. She did not expect him to pass one test...but he would surely pass the other. Her Master had done this to her when she was new....and now she could do it also...

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:41:50 PM
Chance's head lifted from his hands and he smiled. Hopping up fromt he rock, he jogged over to the cane and picked it up gently. Handing it back to the elderly, Chance smiled friendly. "There you go, Madam'" He spoke, folidng his hands behind his back.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:56:35 PM
The old woman took the cane in her hand and sat down on a large boulder.

"I'm sorry young man....I know you were expecting that young vibrant woman to be your teacher...but she is simply a decoy to me. I am one of the oldest Jedi around here...with exception of Master Yoghurt, of course."

Xazor said in a weak voice. Coughing deeply, she wiped a few cough=driven tears from her eyes.

"I can't do as much with such old age these days...."

The boy had passed the first test...now she had brought on another one. Three in total. She knew he would fail one...but the next one he had to pass. This was such a great test...

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:29:14 PM
"Are you ok?" He soloemly asked, sitting down cross-legged on the ground. The elderly woman sounded sick, or weak..or something. His bright golden eyes scanned the elder's face back and forth several times, trying to figure out what to do to help if possible.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:33:32 PM
Xazor couldn't hold it any longer. She was bubbling over with happiness now. He had passed her other test...but had indeed failed one. It was not important, though. Suddenly the old woman transformed before the boy's eyes....and became the beautiful young woman she was in reality. It was Xazor all along.

"Well done my Padawan.....you were tested three times and only failed once....but it was the test of lease importance that you failed at. Your heart is in the right place...and you put others before youself. Such wonderful qualities for one so young. I commend you....the test you failed was realizing that I was only performing a simple illusion. It is of no matter, though...you did well."

She said with a gentle smile, seeing the confusion and surprise on his face. It was great.....he would be a wonderful student, and she knew he would be a great Jedi someday...

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:38:31 PM
Indeed Chance was surpised when Xazor dropped the illusion, he had not expected for something like this to happen and quite frankly it startled him to the point where he nearly rolled back onto his back.

"Wow... How?" He studdered, not quite comprehending what just happened infront of his eyes. OH! It was a test! his mind finally threw at the boy, the half-draekard's ears drooped a bit. "That was amaizing!"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:53:07 PM
Xazor's smile did not fade at all, and she seemed totally consumed with joy this day. Someting in her disposition was different...and it was for the better.

"Someday you will be able to do that..."

The Knight said with hope in her voice. Looking around the room for a moment, she decided that it was about time to begin.

"Well...today we shall commence your training. Tell me your name in full, your age, where you were born....and what you know of the Force."

She said and motioned for him to begin answering her questions. Her deep blue eys studied him momentarily, wondering what his answers would be....

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:16:12 PM
"Okay. My full name is Chance Leonheart, 10 years of age. And I was born on Krynn then caught and put into the mines." Chance put his finger to his mouth for a moment then continued, "Some mages told me I could lift things with my mind. Um.. they called it...uh... psychokinesis."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:20:27 PM
Xazor listened as he spoke and had to surpress a laugh at the end.

"Phsychokinesis, 'eh? I think you mean....Telekinesis?"

She grinned to herself. Lifting three stones with her mind, she set the group in front of him.

"Lifting things with the Force is what we shall begin with....choose one of those rocks and lift it with you mind, as you have told me you can do. All you have to do is picture it inside of your head, and then lift it...."

She motioned for him to begin with the exercise.

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:25:00 PM
"Sorta.." Chance replied. When Xazor placed the stones on the ground infront of him Chance lifted a finger and concentrated on a stone in the middle of the group. Slowly the stone wobbled up and lifted into the air and began to whirl around.

"It's hard.." He mummbled, watching the stone float and whirl.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:28:10 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently.

"No one ever said it would be easy....besides, you are doing fine!"

She said with a smile. He would do well....all he had to do was believe in himself and the power of the Force.

Chance
Jun 4th, 2002, 05:43:28 PM
Chance nodded, then tried something. Using the Force to place the rock back down Chance tried the exercise again with a bit less difficulty. He smiled inwardly and twirled the rock int he air before making it land in his hand. "This is fun..but difficult as you said."

The rock tummbled voluntary out of his hand and rolled back to the other two. "Interesting.." He mummbled to himself.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:54:52 AM

"Now...try to lift this small boulder."

She motioned for the boulder beside the large one she was sitting on. It was about the size of a Namana...but quite a bit larger than the river stones he was just lifting. She smiled with confidence in her Padawan...

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:01:58 AM
Chance looked at the much larger rock with a hint of worry, He knew he could lift the small rocks but the boulder?

Closing his eyes, he foucused and formed a mental image of the rock in his mind. He imagined the rock lifting up slowly and carefully millimeter by small milimeter.

The boulder itself began to lift with the boy's concentration. It lifted up slowly and wobbled back and forth if on an axis that couldnt hold the great weight. It rose to about half an inch off the ground before Chance opened his eyes and lost concentration. The boulder dropped like a rock (no pun intended :) ) and Chance sighed.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:17:56 AM
Xazor clapped lightly for her Padawan. Smiling, she nodded.

"Good! That was very good....and now, do it again. All you have to do is view the boulder in your mind...imagine you lifting it as you would with your hands. Have faith in yourself and the Force."

She said with a gentle smile. Nodding, she motioned for him to go ahead and do it again...

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:55:21 AM
Chance nodded and concentrated once again on the rock, he felt the force flow through his arms and out of his hands torward the boulder. Closing his eyes, Chacne recreated the image of the rock lifting up into the air.

The air shimmered around the child's figure. The air inside the shimmering became blurry as two tendrils of the unknown enity reached out and encased the boulder. As soon as the 'stuff' touched the rock it dissapeared and the rock began to lift into the air inch by inches now, till it was nearly above Xazor's shoulders. Chance's arms lifted also, as if he was holding the boulder inhis hands and it had somehow left his hands and stood out in the air.

Chance's face contorted in difficulty, the boulder wobbled...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:05:14 AM
Xazor smiled and remained silent, not wishing to break the child's concentration. As the boulder rose higher and higher, her smile grew.

"That is excellent my Padawan!"

She said softly, waiting to see what he would do now that he had the rock in the air.

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:10:30 AM
Chance couldn't hold the boulder much longer, remembering where he was and what the surrounding area was like Chance slowly moved the boulder over to a triad of smaller rocks. Slowly and with much difficultly, Chance lowered the boulder onto the triangle of smaller rocks and breathed deeply as the rock came to rest. The exertion of lifting the rock put alot on the small boy's mind, and he was a bit tired of lifting things up and down.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:45:30 AM
Xazor smiled and light clapping from her hands could be heard.

"That was great young one. Now...take this staff. I am going to throw a rock at you and I want you to feel it in the Force and deflect it. You will be able to use your eyes right now...but after you master this, you won't have your eyes to use..."

She lifted a rock with her mind and handed him the staff. Suddenly it went shooting through the air, heading for his mid-section. She waited...wondering how the boy would respond...

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:14:46 PM
Chance took the quarter staff in one hand and went into a defencive stance which the elders of the mages taught him. As the rock flew torward the half-draekard. Instictively, Chance made a move to block the rock but missed and felt a twinge of pain as the rock hit his side.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:13:51 PM
Xazor winced to herself as the rock hit Chance. She more than understood what it felt like. Lifting up another rock, she spoke.

"Now...you did well, but try again. This time...feel the rock cutting through the Force.."

She said with a gentle smile as she tossed the rock at him with the Force.

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:41:11 PM
Chance concentrated on the area around the rock, he could feel it cut through the air with the force. He waited for it to get closer, then struck up with the bottom of the quarter staff into the air.

The staff struck the rock and hurtled it into the sky. Chance blinked and lowered as the rock came back down several feet between him and Xazor with a plunk and a look of surprize crossed his young face.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:16:08 PM
Xazor clapped for her Padawan and smiled.

"Great job Chance! Now.....try it with your eyes closed. Feel it through the Force, using the Sphere of Responsibility....and do the same thing you just did."

She lifted another rock and tossed it with her mind....sending it straight for his head.

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:20:13 PM
Chance did as requested and closed his eyes. Doing the same as the previous exerzise, Chance felt out and 'touched' the incoming rock. As it got closer, or so Chance thought, He struck down with the upper part of the staff. He missed the rock but spun with the staff trying to keep his balance, the rock missed his head and flipped past his ear.

Opening his eyes, Chance glanced around looking for the rock. Noticing it still flying the half-draekard sighed. "Darn..."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:22:31 PM
"It's alright....do it again....you'll get it, I have faith in you."

The Knight's words were gentle and understanding for she had once done the very same thing. He was not alone, that was for sure. Smiling, she lifted another rock with her mind and tossed it his way, a little lighter so he could get the feel for it once again....

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:27:03 PM
Chance sighed and regained his stance. Closing his eyes and calming down to feel for the stone, Chance let the staff guide itself torward the stone's path.

It was like a bullet, slower of course, speeding along and pushing the Force in ripples. It got closer, Chance got tencer..

There was a resounding crack and phummpth as the staff made contact with the rock and drove it into the soft earth. Chance reopened his eyes and saw the trail the rock made when it hit the ground and he smiled to himself.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:37:13 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled brightly.

"That was perfect my Padawan! I'm so proud of you!'

She grinned as she saw him smile to himself. Now they would move on to more difficult things. Out of a sachal, Xazor took several clay plates and held them in her hands.

"Now....you can control objects with the Force, and sense objects. We will put both of those things together. I am going to throw a plate into the air, when I yell go, lift a rock with your mind and throw it at the plate!"

She took a plate and threw it into the air. He would feel it cutting as it soared to the right. Just as it reached a peak, she looked at him and smiled as she yelled.

"GO!"

Now she stood there waiting to see what he would do....

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:44:45 PM
Chance watched the plate soar up into the air, when Xazor yelled for him to go He looked around frantically and pointed at the rock he had just deflected. His mind concentrated on the object and the force channeled down his arm and onto the rock. Looking up at the disk, Chance judged a bit then launched the rock at the disk.

It missed.

Chance sighed and noticed he had enough time for another try, concentrating again on a smaller rock, Chance launched this one further ahead than the previous. It hit the disk on the lip and forced it into a hard tumble. Looking surprised, Chance repeated the previous two attempts and aimed closer than before. Launching the rock, Chance guided it with help from the Force. It hit the clay disk 'dead center' and broke it into two pecies.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:50:29 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

"That's it! You have it! Now.....do the very same thing, but with your eyes closed....use the Sphere of Responsibility...."

She threw another plate into the air and yelled for him to go once again....waiting to see his reaction....

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:59:10 PM
Chance reclosed his eyes again, and concentrated on picking up several rocks at once with the force.

Once again, Chance felt the waves coming from the diskette's path and he could hear this projectile. One of the rocks floating around in the air took off like a rocket torward the diskette and missed.

Another jetted into the air. Missed.

Chance was down to three more trys before it would smash into the ground. This time he launched two into the air and watched with the Force as one hit dead center but only created a spider-web of cracks. The other missed, He was down to one stone.

Concentrating enough that beads of sweat popped out on his forehead, Chance locked onto the plate and shot the last rock at it. He knew nearly immeadatly that the rock would miss, so he helped it out a bit and edged it more torward's it tagectory.

The stone smacked into the plate and shattered it, peices raining down onto the ground. Chance's ears perked up and down trying to figure out if he had completed the exercise and broken the plate...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:02:07 PM
Xazor clapped and smiled gently.

"Great! You were wonderful my Padawan! Now....do you still have that saber I gave you?"

She questioned with a gentle smile. The next set of exercises would prove very interesting...

Chance
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:05:32 PM
Chance's eyes opened as Xazor asked her question, he nodded and unclipped the sabre from the weapons belt of his jedi robes.

"Yes, Right here!" He exclaimed, holding it out with one hand torward Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:26:04 AM
"Good.....now you'll need it."

She said with a grin. The Knight reached into her sachel and brought out a hover droid. Pressing a button, the little sphere came to life and began floating in the air.

"It will shoot beams of energy at you...it you do not block them, they'll hit you and it will sting."

She motioned for him to turn it on and be ready. All of a sudden a red beam shot forth from the little droid. The woman waited to see what he would do.....if he would apply all that he had just learned...

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:26:55 AM
Chance switched on the activator on the saber given as a gift from his Instructor. The slate blue beam shot out with the snap-hiss sign.

Chance held the sabre in one hand and felt out with the Force. He could feel the droid's movement.

The first red bolt struck Chance's upper arm and sent a pinge of pain up it. Sighing and waiting for the droid to fire again, Chance swung out and up with the sabre backed by the force. The bolt struck the blade and deflected it up into the air.

"Alright!" Chance grinned, and repeated the block. Swinging down and deflected the third bolt down into the dirt. He was getting the hang of using the force to sence what would happen.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:38:10 AM
Xazor clapped for her Padawan and smiled brightly.

"Great! Now.....close your eyes and try it."

She reset the droid and waited for the first shot to ring out. Suddenly it did...and she watched to see what Chance would do...if he would use what she had taught him thus far...

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:47:32 AM
Chance did as he was instructed and shut his eyes once again. Extending out with the Force, Chanced looked for the droid. Soon he located it just as it fired the new round of bolts.

Chance made an move to block it but missed and winced as the bolt struck his midsection. Sighing, but keeping his posture, Chance located another incoming bolt and successfully blocked it back torward the droid.

The bolt missed the hovering droid and it continued with the round. Firing another bolt forward at the half-draekard boy. Chance knew of the imminent 'danger' that was incoming and was ready, his Force sence up to it's max.

Chance brought the blade of the saber sideways across his chest and blocked the last bolt..

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:03:39 PM

"Very good! That was perfect. Now.....it is going to shoot more than one at a time at you. Sometimes it will be two, and sometimes it will be three. You must keep your eyes closed and sense them...I know you can do it."

She had confidence in him. He could do it just like before....suddenly two shots rang out from the droid and she waited to see what would happen.

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:11:44 PM
Chance senced the two bolts coming at him. He maneuvered the lightsabre up in a attempt to block them both at once but was off the target by a few centimeters. Both bolts struck the boy in the upper section of his left arm.

Chance whinced again. Two more blaster bolts shot out from the droid and Chance used his newfound and learned abilites to locate the twin bolts. Chance lifted the blade up and dropped it down deflecting both bolts at the apex.

"Like that Master Xazor?" He asked, eyes still shut. Deflecting one was tuff enough, but two was nearly impossible for Chance.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:26:00 PM
Xazor clapped once again and smiled.

"That was excellent! And now with the basics learned....you are ready...."

She said softly. Moving over to her large boulder once again, she sat down and motioned for Chance to sit before her.

"You will begin construction of your Lightsaber. You may keep the one I gave you.....but it is important to build your own also. Here is everything you need. Every part, including a variety of crystals is in this very bag."

She handed the boy a black satin pouch filled with silver hilt pieces, connectors and electrical joints...as well as a variety of crystals. All he would need were two, one of the color he wished for his blade, and a pure crystal.

"There are no directions....let the Force guide you. If you wish to build it here and now...that is fine, or you may work on it in your room and when you have spare time. Do not rush the process either...it shouldn't take you less than three hours if you start and don't stop...but if you do it over a period of time....it will take you longer and that is fine! What do you wish to do?"

She questioned him with a bright smile.

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:38:44 PM
Chance sat before Xazor and listened intently. He took the satin pouch and looked curiously in it while Xazor explained what he was to do and a few options. Looking up, Chance thought for a moment.

"I can do it here." He said, looking back into the pouch at the assortment of components and crystals. "This souldn't be to difficult" he mummbled, picking out several starter components and two crystals; a crystal clear and a emerald shaded, and began to work with aid from the force...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:46:52 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded gently. She too had opted to work in front of her Master...in case she had any questions. In the end, she had not needed his help, for the Force had guided her hands. Now she would sit here and watch her own Padawan make his saber....it was truly a wonderful moment in his life.

"If you need help....try to find it in the Force first...but if you can't, you may ask me."

She leaned back on her hands and watched him carefully, noting his accuracy in placing the components where they belonged....

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:53:44 PM
Roughly two hours and a half later...

Chance has constructed the hilt and pummel of his lightsabre without a problem. The task was diffcult but Chance had a knack for creation of mechanical items. The boy fastened connectors to the activation switch and the activator. Next was the placement of the crystals, He picked up the clear crystal and the emerald then placed them into the saber hilt.

Something told Chance that the crystals were offset by a fraction, so he removed them both then replaced them as accurate as he could. The saber hilt was nearly full with all the wires and activator and things needed for it work. But the Force notified Chance that something was missing, the young boy could not for the life of him figure it out.

The half-draekard had dissasembled the sabre twice trying to figure it out, but couldnt. Looking up at Xazor with worry he spoke, "There's something missing.. But I can't find what."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:05:17 PM
Xazor laughed and smiled.

"Here...."

She said, handing him a silver plate ring. It had a large hole in the middle....enough for a perfect blade to appear from. It was the top plate of the saber and it was all that was left.

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:12:47 PM
Chance took the plate with a smile, that was the component that was missing!

"Thankie." He spoke, placing the part on the top and snapping the lightsabre shut. The hilt glowed silver in the sunlight, Chance examined it over worried if he had done it correctly.

The Force told him correct. It was done, completed.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:32:08 PM
"You are not quite finished....you must turn it on!"

She said with a bright smile. The Knight recalled the time she had first turned her saber on. It was a wonderful moment and one she would always remember.....

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:40:38 PM
Chance placed his thumb over the activation switch and hesitated. He pushed down on the switch and gasped as the lime cored emerald blade shot out with the tall-tale snap-hiss. The gleam of the blade reflected in the boy's eye.

"Wow..." He exclaimed.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:43:11 PM
Xazor smiled at his excitement.

"There! That is beautiful and you are finished with it!"

She smiled once again. This was one of the most memorable times in his life...and she was glad to be sharing it with him.

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:51:08 PM
"It is definatetly beautiful.." Chane replied, still entranced by the blade.

His thumb twitched and the saber switched off. Chance blinked and smiled, he felt complete within himself.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:57:34 PM
"Well....before we move on, would you like a break? I think perhaps you should get some rest for it has been a long day! You'll need it for our next phase of training...."

She said with a gentle smile. Indeed...she wished she would have rested more during training, for it was quite tiring after a few hours. It not only wore on your body, but also your mind....

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:05:58 PM
"Break? Well... I guess." Chance replied, clipping the other saber opposite the gift given saber. Chance sorta halfway didnt wish to stop, but if Xazor thought it better to do so Chance would do it.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:15:18 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

"I too need to rest young one.....I do not run on holo-fuel you know. We shall resume your training tomorrow. Meet me in this very place...."

She said gently, smiling as she bowed in parting to her Padawan.

"You have done well and I look forward to continuing..."

The Knight said softly as she made her way toward the large doors of the Academy.

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:59:42 PM
Chance returned the bow, smiling he waved good-bye for the day to Xazor.

Turning, Chance retraced his steps to the Living Quarters. Hoping that Kanji was 'home'. The young hlaf-draekard had alot to tell to his father!

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:17:29 PM
The Next Day; Early Morning (6ish)

Chance sat in the jungle area where he had constructed his first lightsabre that hung still on the weapons belt opposite of the slated-blue sabre his master had given him as a gift. A rock slowly circled Chance in a orbital pattern, bobbing up and down every few circles.

Master Xazor had intructed the young boy to meet her at the same spot as yesterday. Eager to continue learning, Chance had awoken early and eaten breakfast before most of the other Jedi Students even subcontiously thought about waking up. The previous night, Kanji listened intently as Chance told of the day's events and showed examples of what he learned. The Drakan was extremely surprised in the young boy when Chance showed the lime-green lightsabre that he had constructed himself.

The rock floated around a bit faster now, doing barrel rows and loops here and there as Chance was begining to have a bit of fun with the roller-coaster rock.

"Wheee.." He chuckled as the rock took a upwards incline and droped into a four spun barrel roll...

(OOC: Sorries if I seem to be rushing a bit with the training, ATM I'm up at my Grandfathers and on his old 98 computer which cant run many games at all... so i have nufin to do :rolleyes)

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:29:20 PM
Xazor had been meditating in the jungle, close to the waterfall as she did every morning so very early. She then felt the presence of her Padawan, Chance. He had arrived to continue his training once again. Smiling, she rose to her feet and stretched her relaxed muscles...then made her way toward the area they had been working in yesterday.

At the sight of him, she smiled and bowed in greeting. It was good to see that he was so eager to begin once again. Today they would cover several new things with his new abilities and his new tool.....the Lightsaber. The Knight approached Chance and sat down on a large boulder opposite of him.

"Good morning young one...it is quite early! Did you sleep well? I am hoping so....for we have much to cover this day and it will prove a bit tiring on your body and mind."

She said gently, hoping that he had indeed rested as well as she.

ooc: It's alright! ;) I was just trying to buy some time to catch up with some other RPs, and now I have, so it's all good! :D

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:41:22 PM
"I got alot of rest." Chance replied, smiling brightly. The rock that was floating around via the Force decened and landed in Chance's palm where it was then placed next to the boy on the boulder.

"What kind of things are you going to teach me today Master Xazor?" He asked inquisitvely, with his ears perked up.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:52:52 PM
Xazor smiled gently, glad to hear that he too had rested well. It was a rewarding feeling to watch him control the rock with his mind, something they had been working on before.

"Today, you are going to learn many things, but above all....you will learn how to defend yourself and how to properly fight. You will learn how to use not only your body and your saber...but also your mind. Which brings me to my next question. Which field of the Force do you wish to learn? There is Seer, Healer, Mentalist, and Elementalist. A Seer can see the past, present, and future.....a Healer does just that, heals great wounds...a Mentalist performs illusions and can change the thinking of others for a period of time...and an Elementalist can control forces of nature, and is connected with Nature and animals. I am a Mentalist first, but then an Elementalist close behind that...and also a Healer. The ability of a Seer, I have not....though I can see many things about people by reading their thoughts and emotions. Which of these do you choose?"

She questioned gently, knowing that it was a great decision to have to make.

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:00:40 PM
Chance's brow wrinkled in thought. He looked over the possibilites of each specialization and what each did, after a few moments he spoke, "I want to work to be a Elementalist." The idea of helping a cold and lost family by creating a fire sounded good to Chance's heart, no telling what he could do to help others with the elementalist abilites...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:08:56 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded, picking up on his thoughts before he spoke.

"That is an excellent choice, and your reasons for choosing as you have are pure and right. This knowledge will help me train you better."

She said with a gentle smile. Rising to her feet, she motioned for him to do the same thing.

"Now....first we shall begin with defense, and then move on to your training as an Elementalist. What I wish for you to do is attack me...in any way that you know how....."

She said gently and motioned for him to do so. The Knight simply stood there, seeing what he would do.

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:06:46 PM
Chance stood with a look of confusion on his face, She wants me to attack her...with what? he thought silently, then he remembered the rock and slowly slipped his hand over it and clutched it tightly.

"Any way possible.." He silently mummbled, then reared back and launched the rock at Xazor, knowing that it wouldn't do anything worth commenting on. The weight of the two lightsabers on his waists alerted Chance that he could use them also.. well..one of them.

Unclipping the slate blue balded saber hilt from the weapons belt, Chance dashed forward as the Mages had breifly instructed him to do and ignited the blade as the slashed from left to right in a prominent arch. Being unmastered in the short sword category, and the saber's blade non-present weight, the power Chance put into swinging the blade made the Young half-draekard lean forward a bit too much and loose his balance.

He stummbled forward, arms flailing with a deactivated saber in the right.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:39:38 PM
Xazor had not even flinched at his movements, knowing that he would not get too close to her...and if he did, she only needed the Force. Concern built as he fell, but then diminished when he disengaged the saber. She would not want her Padawan cutting his own arm off. Suddenly his fall was broken by what felt like a soft net, though, there was nothing visible in the air behind him. It was Xazor's own working with the Force, and she gently set him on the ground, before lifting him to his feet with a Force pull. Smiling gently, she nodded and clapped.

"Do you know what you did wrong?"

She wanted to see if he knew, for she did. He thought too long, and ignored what was right before him. He had to stop thinking and just do...he also needed to learn how to use the saber, but that was not his fault. She could tell that he would be great with the weapon soon enough....

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:47:56 PM
Chance knew exactly what he did wrong in the first place, "I stalled too long to think..." He mummbled head lowered looking down at the weapon clenched in his right hand, it was so light where the balance for the blade should've been. Chance was a very confused on why the saber felt so light, 'it should've had some sort of balance somewhere in the blade' he thought..

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 01:01:10 PM

"Now, try it again, but do something different. Remember, the Force is your greatest ally. Don't think, just do...and in a fight, never offer your opponenet the chance to make the first move. I know that Jedi are not to attacked, but when in a spar or a mutual fight...always get the upper hand when you can."

She instructed gently, nodding for him to try his attack once again.

Chance
Jun 8th, 2002, 03:03:30 PM
Once Xazor finished her instructions with the word can Chance went forward with his second attack, reigniting the saber and ajusting his weight and movement for the weightless blade learning quickly from the past round. Chance dashed forward with the same maneuver as before, In exeption to one thing. The Young boy's eyes were closed and his sences open to the force guiding his attack at Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:52:12 PM
Xazor did not move, but instead grabbed his hand with the Force and stopped the attack just as it laid about an inch from her skin. She smiled at him and nodded.

"Very good.....now, what would you do if someone attacked you...like this?"

Suddenly she jumped into the air and whipped out her saber, the made a slice from his left hip to his right shoulder....just getting close enough to stun him, for her saber was set on stun-mode...good for training students with.

Chance
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:05:31 PM
Instinctively, Chance swung left with the saber and hit Xazor's saber away but felt a numbing sensation as part of the stun set blade struck his left side and upper arm . Without thinking, He went forward with another offence torward Xazor executing the same stunt she pulled with exeption of the jump.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:11:53 PM
Xazor smiled to herself and blocked the attack, but not with her saber....with an invisble wall. It was the infamous "Force Wall" and it felt like he was striking something solid...but he could see nothing. As he retreated, she dropped the "wall" and spun around on her heal, slamming her right foot into his face.

"You can never be too sure of yourself...the Force is your ally, use it!"

She instructed as she threw him backwards with the Force. This lesson was going quite well....

Chance
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:23:48 PM
Chance spun around as Xazor's right foot contacted with his cheek and skull. Then flew through the air as the force push flung the half-draekard backwards. Getting up slowly, Chance growled and came forward again, Attacking with a left to right backhand slash that turned into a sidestep rush once Chance thought (rather, the force sugessted) Xazor would throw another wall up.

He came close to slashing the Knight with his saber but was thrown back yet again. Now he was starting to become abit fustrated with trying to attack. Every move, every perception, every suggestion was countered already before Chance could try it!

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:34:19 PM
Xazor picked up on Chance's frustration and she smiled gently, deactivating her saber and clipping it to her belt.

"Do you know why you cannot hit me?"

Besides the fact that she was a trained Knight, and a Warrior...it was because of the Force. She knew what he would do before he even did it. The boy needed to see this before he could continue, for it would help him a great deal.

The Force is your ally....

She said in his mind softly, hoping he listened this time....

Chance
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:40:01 PM
"I don't understand!" He groaned, shaking his head. Then it hit him just as before; She can see what I do before I do it... I need to see what she does before she does it! Chance darted forward again; the force 'told' him to duck. Chance hit the ground as Xazor came with another round kick that swished over his lime hair. That was it! Thats how I do it! He gleefully thought, retreating back....

Xazor Elessar
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:39:19 AM

"Yes! You have it! Now.....do it again, but don't be afraid of what you can do....I'll be alright if you hit me with your saber."

She said softly and motioned for him to try again. If he struck her, it would give her the chance to teach him healing methods...

Chance
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:51:17 AM
Chance darted forward again, eyes open to the force. As he neared Xazor he could feel that she was going to reach out and kick at the boy again. Ducking and sidestepping, Chance struck out with his saber and clipped Xazor's leg with a long slash.

Gasping that he had done bodiy damage to his master and thinking that she wouldve stoped the attack before it happend! Chance's eyes widened in worry..

Xazor Elessar
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:07:14 AM
The pain that came from the wound was great, but she had felt worse. The Knight blocked it from her mind...and watched the blood flow from the deep wound. She walked over to the large boulder once again and sat down on it, motioning for Chance to do so.

"Now, you shall learn healing...."

She said softly. Placing her hand upon the deep gash, she closed her eyes and visualized the flesh binding back together, the tissues joining and closing up...stopping the blood. Within a few seconds of covering the wound and thinking of all of this, she moved her hand and smiled...for there was nothing left, not even a scar...

Chance
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:18:28 AM
"How did you do that?" Chance gasped, not 100% beliving what he just saw. The flesh from the cut mended together and fused like there was no wound in the first place! He had read of healing from spare time in the archives but to see it first hand amaised him!

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:55:36 AM
Xazor smiled gently at his amazement.

"I did it with the Force, and now you are going to learn how. It is very useful in battle, when you get injured, to be able to heal yourself. When you have a wound, place a hand over it and visualize the skin mending together.....the cappillaries binding back to one another and the blood stopping. Send the power of the Force from your hand to the wound and make it happen. When you remove your hand, it shall be as you have imagined."

She took a small dagger from her belt and made a deep gash in her arm. Blood spilled forth as she placed her arm in the air in front of him.

"Do as I have said and heal it!"

She instructed as she blocked the pain from the wound from her mind. She smiled gently and waited to see what he would do...

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:53:53 AM
Chance scooted forward so he could reach out ad hover his hands over Xazor's wounded arm. Chance concentrated and visulized the gash fusing together, waves of force traveled down his arms and put of his fingers and into the wound.

The severed tendons of the wound began to fuse together slowly, a few tendons reaching out torward Chance's hand before laying back down and reconnecting. Soon the wound was nothing but a small cut... Chance dropped his hands and breathed deeply. The work from healing the gash tired his mind, but after a few minutes of resting Chance was ready to continue..

Looking up at his master he asked, "Is that good?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:03:28 AM
Xazor smiled and nodded. The wound was but a small cut now. Placing her hand over it, she healed it the rest of the way and not even a scar remained.

"That was wonderful Chance.....now, I am not going to sit here and cut myself all to pieces, and we're not going to poison eachother to see if we can heal it. You know how to heal, though...and these other things will come with time and practice."

She said with a grin. Standing up, she looked around and turned to Chance.

"Now....we will look into Environmentalism. Listen to nature all around you....there, that little creature. Speak to him....and hear what he has to say. Go ahead....."

She could talk to animals and wanted him to be able to do so also. It was a very valuable ability to possess.....and very useful when on missions and such things.....

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:23:31 AM
Chance studied the creature Xazor pointed out, it was a small bird that chittered happily. Other sounds assaulted his catlike ears also, his ears twitched and focused onto the bird alone.

Chance thought of it's mind, and slowly and carefully spoke in it; Hello.. The bird haulted it's chittering and looked at the young boy with it's head cocked to the side. I'm Chance, How are you? He spoke again, this time more friendlyish.

I am great. This place good. it spoke back to him, Chance's heart leaped in joy, He looked up at Xazor and grinned happily for it was so easy, wonder that the young boy had not tried it before. "I did it! The creature said what this place is; good."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:40:54 AM
Xazor smiled and nodded gently.

"Yes, that is it! Now....speak to that ground dweller over there and find out where he stored his food for the cold season."

She said as she motioned for a furry creature who was sitting on a log, eating a nut.

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:53:34 AM
Chance studied the new task as he did before, Hello, may I ask where do you store your food? He spoke into the creatures mind.

Why? it spoke back, still eating the nut You plan steal?

No! I dont steal, stealing is bad.. I wish to know so I can maybe bring you more. He replied, not surprised at the creature's comment.

More? Tree there. Food in. The creature said, scampering over to the tree and glancing over at Chance. no steal. it stated.

Dont worry, I shalln't. Thank you Chance finished easily. Talking to small creatures was easy, and fun at that.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:14:07 PM
Xazor had listened to the conversation and she smiled gently, clapping softly for him.

"That was perfect! Now, this ties into the rest of nature and your elementalist training. Feel nature all around you....connect to it the same way that you did with the animals......take it all in close to you and make something happen. The elements, wind, rain, fire, water, cold, air......and all others that exist, are what you will learn how to control...now, try something and don't be afraid of what will happen."

She nodded gently and smiled, waiting in anticipation as to what he would do.....recalling in her mind what she had choosen.....

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:29:51 PM
Chance closed his eyes, feeling out with the force. Suddenly thousands of enitys flooded the half-draekards mind, Chance concentrated on one; wind.

He edged the wind element to begin moving, Chacne was totally concentrated on making a breeze move. Nothing at first, Chance concentrated more, nothing still. Pushing his mind to the limits of the force; A small breeze of wind picked up outside his mind, gently blowing his lime hair around. Chance was non-aware of what he was doing for his mind was totally focused.

The breeze picked up a notch, blowing leaves around in a torrent of noise. Chance kept concentrating, the wind kept becoming stronger around the rocks....

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:13:13 PM
Xazor watched with satisfaction as the wind picked up. Leaves blew around her and then it started to get stronger.....the rocks started to move a bit and it picked a few up, sending them sailing at the Knight. Quickly she set up a Force wall in front of her and blocked the rocks.

"That was wonderful my Padawan!"

She yelled over the wind. It began to die down then, and she thought about what she wanted him to do next. A thought came to mind and finally she was able to speak as normal.

"I too chose the wind when I was a Padawan. Now, I want you to do that again, but concentrate on circling the wind around something.....perhaps me, you, or both of us. You must concentrate deeply and connect with nature as you just did...."

She said gently and nodded for him to try the new exercise...

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:25:16 PM
Chance took a few deep breaths. Concentrating on the wind once more, Chance bidded it to encircled the two Jedis. Himself and Xazor.

The wind picked up the leaves and dust easily as it encircled the two in a cone-like shape. After a few moments, the wind had regained it's torrent form and picked up several rocks. The dust, leaves, and rocks combined to form a wall of wind.

Beads of sweat poped out on his forehead. The winds expanded out and contracted repeateadly in different areas.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:37:34 PM
Light clapping could be heard from Xazor as Chance did this. She smiled gently and nodded.

"You have done well, my Padawan. Now that you are able to connect with Nature and let it aid you, I want you to try something new. Watch...."

She lifted some sand in her hand and blew it into the air. Suddenly each grain turned into tiny butterflies. She smiled at the beautiful sight and watched for his reaction.

"Now, I want you to try it. Pick up some sand and when you blow it out of your hand.....visualize something in your mind and connect with the sand. This is the beginning of your mentalist training. This is an illusion..."

As she said this, she broke the illusion she had created, and the butterflies turned back into grains of sand.....falling to the ground.

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:57:21 PM
Chance smiled as the sand turned to butterflies.

"Okay." Chance took a handful of the fine sand and visualised a monarch butterfly forming from the sand. Takingin a deep breath, he blew the sand out of his hand and into the air. Out of the small cloud of sand, a small monarch butterfly fluttered out and circled Xazor and the boy.

Taking another handful plus the butterfly that returned to it's sand state, Chance deeply thought before blowing again into the sand. Two butterflies fluttered out this time, Chance grinned. That's gonna take some time... he thought, watching the two butterflies dance in the air.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:01:48 PM
Xazor smiled gently and nodded.

"That was perfect! Now, visualize more! Just picture it in your mind and let it flow through the Force and into the sand!"

She instructed gently, nodding for him to do it again, this time as she had said....

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:07:51 PM
Chance thought for a moment, then grinned. retreaving another handful of sand, he imagined a wyvern of flame flying around Xazor. Blowing the sand out of his hand, Chance put his thought to material and a small winged lizard of flame emerged from the cloud of sand.

The Wyvern circled Xazor once before shifting from flame to water then inbetween. Chance was having a time playing with the illusion for he was near to laughing. The wyvern 'stuck' out it's tounge and 'grinned' at Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:12:23 PM
Xazor laughed as he played with the illusion. It was a good one, too!

"That was great! Now try something....larger!"

She instructed as she watched the wyvern stick its tounge out and grin at her. She laughed once again and waited to see what else he would do...

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:20:40 PM
The wyvern dissapated into sand once again as Chance broke his concentration on keeping the illusion up. Taking in a handful of sand, he thought of a white tiger forming from the sand. Again blowing the sand from his hand, Chance smiled brightly as the sand took the from of an adult siberian tiger that paced around the rocks that the two occupied..

"That's bigger.."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 02:24:12 PM
Xazor giggled to herself as she watched the tiger.

"That is wonderful, Chance. I am so proud of you. You have come quite a long way since we began training. Now, you have all of your basics down, and you have been trained in the elementalist ways. What else do you wish to know?"

She questioned gently.....

Chance
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:57:53 PM
Chance thought for a moment, "What was that sheild you put up during the attack and defence section?" The boy was refering to the Force Wall technique Xazor had used before to keep his saber from touching her.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:24:59 AM
Xazor grinned to herself, for that was one of her favorite things.

"It is called the Force Wall, and you shall learn it now. What you do, is imaging one wall, or several...depending on what you wish to do. Solidify it in your mind and use the Force to create an invisible wall in front of you, or wherever you wish to put it...or them. You try..."

She instructed with a gentle smile. Crossing her arms over her chest, she smiled as she raised a rock into the air and threw it at him, waiting to see what his reaction would be....

Chance
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:37:44 AM
Chance waited till the propjectile became closer before concentrating on throwing up the wall. He envisoned the rock bouncing off a solid but invisable material, and it happened.

"Wow... Neat"

(OOC: Sorry for crappy post, in a rushie :( )

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:42:45 AM
ooc: Tis alright, I thought it was fine! :)

ic:

Xazor smiled gently and clapped for her Padawan.

"That was great Chance....now, try it with a few more walls. You must work harder for this one..."

She loosened a few rafters from the ceiling with her mind...and let them fall. They sailed at a great amount of speed and were about to crush him. She hoped that he would use his mind and create a cube such as she had told him about....

Chance
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:48:38 AM
Chance gasped wathcing the rafters fall, quickly he tried to solify another wall all around his form but couldn't. The rafters fell closer and closer as Chance crouched into a ball and concentrated on puting a dome around his form.

As the first rafter seemed like it would impale the boy through the back it did not. The force wall/'dome' had solifed and the rafter struck it and shattered, The others also struck the wall but not with enough force to break nor shatter.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 09:55:06 AM
Xazor's eyes lit up as she witnessed him create a shield for himself. It was wonderful to know that her teaching was successful. Smiling brightly, she clapped once again.

"That was wonderful, a job done very well Chance! Now...illusions and the Force wall can work together, watch..."

She created a "wall" with her mind, and lifted some sand in her hand. Blowing it at the Force Wall, she created the image of a net. It cast itself over the wall to give it a more physical effect.

"Now, in a fight, that will not help you any...but it is a neat trick that my Master taught me. You can do it with just about anything. It will come in handy when you want to make a false trap for someone...such as out here in the jungle."

She instructed gently, recalling how such a thing was very useful to her on one the missions she had gone on in the recent...

Chance
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:44:13 PM
Chance, still under the force wall/dome, grinned happily. Taking a handfull of sand he blew it onto the inside of the wall and imagined it becoming invisable and the rafters fall down making it seem that Chance had just dissapeared from view...

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 07:14:25 PM
Xazor grinned to herself and clapped gently, seeing what her Padawan did.

"You have done well, young one. There are many more things for you to learn, but they are not what I can teach you in a classroom. You are ready to spar now, and instead of using just your body as before....use the Force also. You shall make a great Jedi...."

She said softly. Looking about for a moment, she turned back to him.

"I have something planned for us. We will go far away now....I cannot tell you more, but pack your things and meet me at my room tomorrow morning."

She said with a gently smile and bowed in respect to her Padawan.

"You are dismissed until tomorrow...sleep well my Padawan, and don't be late! I want to see your smiling face at seven in the morning!"

The Knight said with excitement. She waited for him to speak before she turned to leave.

Chance
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:23:29 PM
Chance dropped the mental illusion as Xazor congratulated the young boy. Slowly moving the rafters away and dropping the force dome so he could be able to stand.

The half-draekard's head cocked to the left as Xazor said they were leaving tomorrow to go somewhere but wouldnt tell the boy where to. He nodded that he would have his things packed and be ready to go at seven in the morning.

"I shall tell Kanji that we will be going somewhere on the dawnbreak so he shallnt be worried that I have dissapeared." he spoke and bowed in return to his Master. Still, he was a bit curious as to where the two were to go off to

Xazor Elessar
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:26:55 PM
Xazor smiled gently and bowed once again.

"Tell him that you shall be gone for a week...but will return safely. Good night my Padawan....you have done very well."

She said with a great bit of confidence in him. Then, the Knight turned and left in the shadows to go to her room.....to pack her things for their journey.

ooc: PM me if you get the chance, I have to give you some details... :D