PDA

View Full Version : Will we see Qui-Gon in EP3?

Jedieb
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:03:37 PM
We heard him in AOTC, is there a chance we'll SEE him in EP3? At some point we're going to see the Jedi disappearance technique explained. Will Qui-Gon's spirit be part of that? Why use his voice in AOTC if he's not going to be part of the explanation? I can picture Lucas not only using Qui-Gon's spirit in EP3, but I can see him throwing him in at the end of ROTJ. Then you'd have 4 Jedi spirits looking over at Luke. Quite an image, eh?

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:14:03 PM
There's a good chance Jinn will appear. At the very least he'll carry on conversations with the other Jedi(ala ObiWan and Yoda speaking while Luke is sitting in Yoda's house in ESB).

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:00:46 PM
I really think we haven't seen the last of Qui Gon. I can picture him appearing to Obi Wan after Obi Wan is distraught over his failure with Anakin and consoling him, telling him that he did all he could.

OR

He makes an appearance at the Anakin/Dooku fight, pulls up a chair and cracks open a cold one. You know, just hanging out, watching the old master take on his would-be apprentice. :p

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:04:18 PM
LMAO Kyle..I LOVE that second scenario. :D

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:12:37 PM
And OF COURSE, it goes without saying that Watto is in attendance so they can place a couple bets. ;)

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:16:57 PM
OMG Kyle...I'd pay good money just to have that as an outtake on the DVD release. :lol

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:24:09 PM
I wonder if for fun they film that kind of stuff for only themselves...? If I were a filmmaker I would!

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:34:37 PM
So would I Kyle, so would I. :)

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:46:16 PM
Well, you're well on your way to becoming one, so it isn't that far out of your grasp!

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:48:05 PM
Well I'm not sure I'm "well on my way"...but I'm working on it. :) If I win an acandemy award someday I'll give a shout out to this place. ;)

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:59:45 PM
Yeah, cuz you know we'd pay to see your flicks! But only if there's T&A. or Jet Li.

Just kidding.;)

CMJ
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:02:04 PM
ROTFLMAO!

I'll try and include one for you Kyle. :P

JMK
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:05:57 PM
:eek

Which part?:D

Doc Milo
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:57:48 PM
Even better, CMJ, than a shout out would be a docu-drama:

<center>SWFANS.NET FORUMS: THE MOVIE

Written and directed by CMJ

Starring: JMK, Jedi Master Carr, Jedieb, Buff "the ravishing wookieboy" Jedi, etc...</center>

:)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:08:34 PM
LOL Doc, that would be the highest grossing documentary about Star Wars ever.
Back to Qui-Gon, I think he will make an apperance or at least his voice in EP 3 first to try and stop Anakin from going to Dark side and then to Obi-Wan comforting him over Anakin's fall. Hey he might even be the one to teach Yoda and Obi-Wan the reapearing/ disapearing trick who knows but I bet he is part of it.

Also JMK I too would love to see that Watto seen what would you want to guess that Watto would get fleeced by Qui-Gon again :p

Doc Milo
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:18:14 PM
I don't think we'll actually see Qui-Gon, but we will be hearing more from him, I believe.

I think hearing his voice was the beginning of the explanation as to why Yoda and Obi-Wan disappear after they die.

(On a side note, the question everyone asks on this, now that we've seen AotC, should be altered from: "Why didn't Qui-Gon disappear?" to "Why did Yoda and Obi-Wan disappear?")

Why? Take a look at the arena battle. How many Jedi disappear? I don't see any disappear. I think this is because disappearing is no the norm. It is not something Jedi have always done. I think Qui-Gon's being able to come back, and keep some sense of his identity after becoming one with the Force will be the beginning of the explanation. I don't think we'll see his body to make the point that to return as a spirit, the body must also disappear...

Sage Hazzard
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:40:28 AM
Maybe. Maybe. However, I think Yoda already knows how to do it.

In the AOTC novel, it goes into detail. Yoda hears the voice then starts pondering. We learn that it's been assumed impossible to retain indentity after dying. Then Yoda thinks something like... that must mean... Then Mace comes in and we don't know what Yoda was getting to. But I think it's a puzzle Yoda's cracked because heck, he's wise, and he's started to think about it. There's no doubt he'd figure out how to do it, now that he knows it's possible.

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:02:49 AM
Qui Gon did speak an awful lot about the living force, moreso than anyone else, and perhaps its the "living" that enables him to retain some his connection to the physical world.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:06:46 AM
Thats possible JMK, too bad we will have to wait 3 years to find out. I would like to see Qui-Gon in spirt form in EP 3 to me it would be a good connection to the OT.

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:20:13 AM
:lol

If my Dreamworks and/or ILM contacts come through, I'll help ya out, CMJ.

I ain't a writer though, so I leave the screen plays to you. I'm more the director/script supervisor type.

Now all we need is a crew...

*Looks around.* :D

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:17:42 PM
I'm a human dynamo! There's nothing I can't do!!

*Will work for food*

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:57:05 PM
:lol

That reminds me of a time when we we took a road trip. There were two cars: the guys car and the girls car. Anyways, we were having waaaaaaaay too much fun writing funny stuff down on paper and putting it up against the window for the other car to see. Anyways, long story short, one of the guys wrote something on paper and put it up against the window, making all us girls crack up hysterically! The sign read: "WILL WORK FOR BEER!" :lol

OK, I momentarily hijacked the thread. Sorry. Carry on.

Where were we? Ah, yes. Crew. Need crew! :p

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:41:30 PM
I was going to write that, but I didn't want everyone to think I was a drunk. ;)

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 04:52:03 PM
An interesting parallel; The first we hear of Obi Wan after his death is in voice form on the Death Star, then again during the battle of Yavin. Then he appears in spirit form in ESB and ROTJ. Now that we've heard Qui Gon, are we due to see him in Episode 3?? I think yes.:)

darth_mcbain
Jun 4th, 2002, 05:05:40 PM
Nice catch JMK - I never thought of that. Perhaps it takes a while for them to be able to become visible, but bringing their voice back is easier.

Jedieb
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:27:53 PM
That is a nice observation JMK. The only difference being that Qui-Gon did not disappeare. But then again, we never saw Anakin disappeare after he died in Luke's arms. So maybe there are two ways to join that spirit world. I don't believe that Anakin disappeared off screen and then Luke simply burned his mechanical frame. He was still part man, wouldn't those parts have sagged? Luke basicallly would have been dragging around a bunch of spare parts. We may learn that there's more than one way to become a Jedi spirit.

JMK
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:59:32 PM
Or we may learn nothing at all. GL said we would start learning what it takes to reappear spiritually, and we have more questions than answers right now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:25:07 AM
My question is, did Liam Neeson get paid for saying "Anakin, Anakin!" ? :)

To tell the truth, I'm not convinced it was Qui Gon saying "NOOOOOOO" because to me it didn't sound a bit like him.

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:41:45 AM
@LD
I think that was just stock sound from TPM when he said "Anakin, drop!", and they made it repeat. I concur that the NOOOO!!!!!! sounded not a bit like him.

I don't think he dropped by to do that short Voice Over because I think he didn't like doing TPM.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:01:00 PM
I disagree he liked doing TPM, now would they fly him to do a quick voice over is a different story. I read reports that he was seen in England in the same town they were filming reshoots but who knows if he was really there. As far as the No part it doesn't sound like him, which makes me wonder if he did the voice over. Also he had to get paid or he could have sued.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:12:11 PM
I don't think it was Qui Gon saying Nooooo! Maybe Anakin? I haven't read the book, does it say its Qui Gon saying all of it?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:52:00 PM
The Book says its Qui-Gon, of course Lucas could have changed it, but why would Anakin say, No. Personally I can't tell who the voice belongs to.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:18:37 PM
No...because he's being pushed into a vat of bubbling lava?!

I dunno. :) Just a thought I had.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:22:59 PM
Maybe would explain vader's breathing we heard.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:29:05 PM
Could be. I always thought it was sort of a peek in the future...during Anakin and Obi Wan's fight. Anakin is getting the upper hand..and then Qui Gon says "Anakin! Anakin!" It distracts him, and Obi Wan Force pushes him or something.

Or maybe Obi Wan is the one saying "Nooooo!" Or maybe its Luke. He *did* say that in ESB.

And Luke heard disembodied voices too, before he ever saw any spirits. "Run, Luke, run!"

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:42:27 PM
Heck, Kenobi talks to Luke during the entire trench run.

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:49:09 PM
He was probably bored! There probably isn't that much to do when you're on the outside looking in!

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:52:40 PM
Nah man, he was just sittin' back relaxing.

Prolly drinking a cold one...ya know watching his former pupil take on his new would be apprentice. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:38:08 PM
Mebbe placing bets with Qui Gon, as to who would take out who?

CMJ
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:47:18 PM
Exactly! ;)

I hope JMK appreciates my homage to him.

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2002, 03:52:27 PM
I thought it sounded very much like Qui-Gon. Even the first time I saw AOTC I picked up that it was Qui-Gon. It was one of the more surprising scenes in the entire movie. I think the sound guys may have done some work on the "Noooo" part. Man, people are going to be watching Liam like a hawk during the production of EP3. Everytime he's within 100 miles of the set or Lucasfilm the rumors will start flying.

JMK
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:40:39 PM
Unless he's already filmed his part for Episode 3, which will maintain the surprise as long as there's no leak...