PDA

View Full Version : Fool me once

Salem Ave
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:46:18 AM
After Salem's departure from the Sith Order, he had not been able to locate him again. Attempts had been made once or twice on his part to locate the Sith Knight through datafiles at the Empire, or through some simple investigation at the Order itself, yet still he had come no closer to locating him. It was because of this that he was here, a place he had heard Jeseth speak of on occasion, and thus presumed it was a 'haunt' of sorts for the Sith. Of course, a Dark Jedi bastion would be a haven for one like Cloak.

"I sss-eek Jeseth Cloak, orrr anyone who knowsss or his wherrreabouts."

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:13:07 PM
"So?"

This reply was made noteworthy neither from its' content nor from the indifferent tone in which it was presented. Rather the most important aspect of the statement was the fact that it came from the air approximately five feet in front of Salemn at about his waist level.

There was a short pause. It was the usual reply, of course. It wasn't as if everybody who came to Vjun mattered in the grand scheme of things.

But this person was seeking Jeseth Cloak, and while Cloak seemed to have no end of visitors (a minor annoyance) there was perhaps merit in those he'd interacted with.

There was a bit of seesawing, but not much, and a decision was reached. Just this once, perhaps, the air would give a little bit more information to this random searcher.

"After all," the voice, a deep bass by the sound, continued. "Jeseth Cloak has many admirers and enemies. If you are one of the above, what is that to me?"

Salem Ave
Jun 7th, 2002, 02:08:13 AM
Salem squinted. No figure could be seen or sensed, yet the voice seemed to be coming from a location close to where the Apprentice stood now. Without turning his head, he looked left then right, trying to discern where his questioner was.

"I don't imagine that it isss anything to you, but then again how am I to know ... I have no idea who you arrre."

The Sith shifted from one foot to the other, and folded his arms behind his back. Not having someone to look at whilst talking was rather off putting, thus he contented himself with staring into the air before him, focusing on trying to locate anyone nearby.

[OOC: Oops, sorry]

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 9th, 2002, 05:35:08 PM
(ooc) Psst. There's nothing there. The voice came from the air, so you wouldn't see me. :)

Salem Ave
Jun 16th, 2002, 06:02:40 AM
[OOC - edited.]

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 16th, 2002, 07:59:51 PM
(ooc) Thanks. Sorry about the delayed reply. Just a warning, though... Jes isn't online a whole lot, so you might have trouble getting ahold of him.

(ic)

The voice considered the logic inherent in this statement, then made a decision. "Then I shall simply say that Jeseth Cloak stays here occasionally. If he is here and wishes to see you, he will. If not... then there is nothing more for you to do here."

And then, whatever had been there, was gone.

Salem Ave
Jun 17th, 2002, 09:54:01 AM
Cloak was flippant in his attitude towards what he called home, apparently, but it would not dampen his intentions.

"Perhaps. Unless another would be willing to hear what I had to ask Jeseth."

[OOC: No worries about the delay, and yup, I know about his limited access.]

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:54:23 PM
"And what is it you would ask him?" the voice replied, flickeringly annoyed that its' attention had been drawn away from its' subject of study yet again.

Salem Ave
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:13:21 PM
"I would ask him for his counsel and time as a tutor," Salem hissed, his eyes looking up towards the sky as if he expected something to be there.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 21st, 2002, 09:09:47 PM
The voice almost laughed. "Teaching?" it asked. "You seek teaching?"

"Hmph," it hmphed. "And what teachings do you seek?"

Salem Ave
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:25:41 AM
"Guidance in the darrrkssside, of cour-ssse," Salem replied blandly.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 23rd, 2002, 07:29:16 PM
If it could have spat, the voice would have done so. Since neither spit nor a free set of salivary glands were not available in the immediate vicinity, it settled for a low snarl. "Dark Side," it growled. "Always seeking the Dark Side. Always seeking to be empty and vacant of purpose, they are. Why do they never seek the Light Side, too?"

There was a pause, and then when Salem failed to reply (for which the voice realized itself at fault, having asked a generalized question) it continued. "Well, why don't you?"

Salem Ave
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:10:44 AM
"The light sss-ide is farrr too weak for my liking," Salem called out.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:03:43 PM
The voice laughed aloud. "Weak? The Light Side easily manages permanent healing- can you say you have done the same?"