View Full Version : Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:19:09 PM
OH MY GOD

If you liked the original, this is 100 times cooler :)!!!

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:20:50 PM
*Makes mental note to go buy it.*

BTW, how much is it?

Shawn
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:21:40 PM
I've seen some pretty poor reviews of it. And GB never really piqued my interest, anyway.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:28:32 PM
I've stated earlier what I think of critics :)

Its 30 bucks, unless you find it by other means :)

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:22:19 PM
No...waht do you think of critics? ;) I look forward to playing it.

Darth Viscera
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:22:25 PM
Me=Other Means, armed with 4 stamps and an envelope, a $30 copy of GB CC, and CD ripping software. :)

ReaperFett
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:24:21 AM
It is a vast improvement on an already good game. Gotta love air cruisers :)

Funniest is the voice work. When it is good, like Dooku, it is VERY VERY good. When it is bad, it is hilarious. Obi Wan sounds so stereotypically Scottish it is funny. And Plo Koon? Say "I am Plo Koon!" into a toilet roll, and you get the same effect :)

ReaperFett
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:26:21 AM
Oh, and the Republic army can make armies FAST

Gotta love clones :)

Lord Gue
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:51:57 AM
ya know, i considered buyin it, but seein that screen shot I think imma stick to Starcraft. She be a harsh mistress but shes tried and true like a good horesy (yeah I said horesy)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:28:40 AM
Ugh, StarCrap. Ground Control people. And Homeworld! Sweet monkey jeebus.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:52:23 AM
Nothing wrong wtih Star Craft.

Desipte the fact Helenias is lethal at it. It put me off strategy games witnessing someone like her grinding into paste some very hardcore Crafters and she was only just introduced to the game. Oh, she did play Warcraft I and II for hours and beat up anyone who dared challenge her.

HJave you got any idea how offputting it is for your normally meek and quiet wife to turn into some draconian maniac that gets a real pinky and the Brain complex - and takes over the world and any others in the nearest parsec?

I'm not even going to dream of letting her near this one.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:53:02 AM
Yes, OMG....clones clones clones. Click the button, 3 seconds later, CLONE!

ReaperFett
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:10:38 AM
WHen I used to play Naboo, I'd slowly click, thinking about my choices. Now, with all the tech, I click like a maniac, as thousands of Kiwis emerge to do my bidding :)

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:21:42 AM
You have sheep?

Charley
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:55:06 AM
Actually, I like playing as the Confederacy....get to use Nexu, Reek, and Acklay assaults :) Very barbaric

Charley
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:18:04 AM
And unlike in episode 2....geonosian warriors DON'T suck.

That, and Intergalactic Banking Clan hailfire droids = Cruiser killers

ReaperFett
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:19:33 AM
Gotta love Tatooine :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:36:48 AM
how do you take screenshots?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:56:05 AM
Probably just pushed print screen.

Lord Gue
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:48:42 AM
thas how u do it in Starcraft, or ctrl+h sometimes, but that has a good habit of crashin some crappy computers. And Homeworld rocks!

ReaperFett
Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:06:14 PM
Vis, print screen will send it into a screenshots directory

Kelt Simoson
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:45:00 PM
i guess this game is a more improved Command and Conqure sort of engine.

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:17:42 PM
Age of Kings

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:32:19 PM
Come on, I'm bored. When do I get to play someone at gb_cc? I don't like playing people I don't know-they kick my butt.

Jehova Eaven
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:52:53 PM
homeworld! woot!

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:23:47 PM
Funny that clones NORMALLY take what, at least ten years to grow? :)

The game does look cool, but I doubt I'll ever get it. Sucks to be me.

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:43:34 PM
Oh boy, look at that. 200 clone troopers, ready to go. I should be careful with that air cruiser.

Darth Viscera
Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:44:04 PM
Woops.

*Whistles and runs away*

Lord Gue
Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:24:22 PM
Hmmm, I might just buy it knowing that Ill have competion Ill know. If yall still remember Tourment I play him in every online game I got...

BTW,

EMPIRE EARTH! (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/gslive/streamer/querystring.html?format=asx&speed=100&title=Empire+Earth+Trailer+1&path=empire_earth-clip1.asx&pid=2634326)

Darth Viscera
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:38:55 AM
And after killing my own 200 troopers, I took over the enemy with 1 Jedi Master :)

got near his base, converted a worker droid, built a Jedi Temple and 8 more Jedi Masters, situated them around enemy military production facilities a safe distance away, converted the military production facilities all simultaneously, used those production facilities to build reinforcement clone troopers and AT-TEs, and had my 9 Jedi Masters melee with 87 Beetle troopers and Battle Droids. All 9 Jedi survived, and the 87 beetle troops/battle droids, well, they're up in droid heaven.

Outcome-9 casualties on my side, 318 casualties for the enemy.

Lord Gue
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:42:07 AM
wouldnt that be 296 for u?
even if the greater portion was a self inflicted wound

Darth Viscera
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:43:41 AM
I'm not counting the 200 guys I massacred so you could see a blurry screenshot.

Lord Gue
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:45:14 AM
hmmm, well if Targets realesed the game yet Ill buy it tommorow when I got to work, spend about an hour readin on it, then woops ur rear

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:31:53 AM
Jedi Masters rule now :)

Charley
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:56:16 AM
The best thing is playing an 8 player game of fortress, on a giant-sized map.

I'm the Republic, and I'm fighting the Confederacy, Trade Federation, Empire, Royal Naboo, Gungans, Wookiees, and the Rebels.

7 on 1...seems a bit bad for me, right?

It might be...but then...I have a death star :)

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:01:43 AM
"This is no moon" :)

Charley
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:08:22 AM
9999 hit point shields
9999 hit point hull
max speed: 1 kph
weapons: 1 superlaser, can destroy entire base in 1 shot

:) mmmmm

Darth Viscera
Jun 4th, 2002, 12:31:15 PM
I try to avoid "Imperial Entanglements" in that game.

read: Try the "Imperial Entanglements" cheat.

Lord Gue
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:47:03 PM
Gah, I made a most huge blunder, I bought the game, but while I was there I forgot to also purchase the original version, im so useles.. lol

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:07:19 PM
lol :)

crono katon
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:46:16 PM
STAR CRAFT IS GOD

I love that game. Me(protons) vs all other spots filled with zerg and winning the game in about 45 minutes...I love carriers. :)

Lord Gue
Jun 4th, 2002, 05:22:37 PM
Crono, 1-2 min and ud lose the game if I were there. Any idiot knows a zergly rush is a force to be reconed with, and if ur going carriers ull never have the resources for an adequate early defense

Darth Viscera
Jun 4th, 2002, 05:51:50 PM
Complete victory, thanks to my 5 Jedi Masters, 160 Clones, 11 naval transports and 6 warships, 1 Air Transport and 5 Enhanced Fighters.

1 casualty-a clone :)

crono katon
Jun 5th, 2002, 01:34:07 PM
Yeah you probably would kill me in a few minutes I suck at playing real people at that game. When i was playing it every day there for a while I pretty good at it.

You Just have to wait till you have a good enough pilon defense before you start on the carriers

Lord Gue
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:21:03 PM
Carriers, in the lest amount of time, anywhere between 3-5 min.
Zerg offensive, anywhere from 30 sec to 2 min

now then again, if the protoss get out a gateway and get zealots out, bing bang boom, u got the zerg on a down hill battle from the start

Charley
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:32:47 AM
I always played Terrans. Siege mentality...would essentially focus on total defense, build up forces, and starve the other side of resources...and attack once, and once only.

But when I attacked, I'd send no less than 20 battlecruisers with maxed out attributes, a few bakers dozen artillery and marines, and the kitchen sink.

Wicket W. Warrick Jr.
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:22:51 AM
hey i am not afaid of your little Zerg Rushes by the time you have 12 zerglings i have 8 Zelots lets see who would win shall we

Lord Gue
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:30:16 AM
umm, let me just say this, if I only had 12 zerglings by the time you had 8 zealots id be the worst starcraft player ever. Lets look at it this way, 1 drone spawns 2 zerglys, that costs 50 minerals and 2/3 the time it takes to make a zealot. All I have to build is a spawning pool, you need to waste more dough on a pylon and a gateway. I could fesably have at least 30-40 zerglys by the time you have 8 zealots, considering overlord necessaties as well. Yeah LL a BC push is always fun, its just a hard long road to get there, but face it, not alot out there can stop a fully upgraded fleet of BCs.... cept maybe a fully upgraded army of goliaths....

Sanis Prent
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:21:38 PM
On island campaigns....I'm unbeatable. The only thing that can pierce my missile fortresses are those stupid Zerg crab thingies...and a dose of Yamato gun usually solves that problem :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:27:49 PM
And this is why StarCraft sucks (or rules).

I love Ground Control, because its pure tactics and strategy. Terrain actually matters. I like homeworld because I can give you a headache, and you have freedom.

And honestly, Total Annihilation is much better than StarCraft. That or Red Alert 1

Sanis Prent
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:33:55 PM
Total Annihilation freakin rules. I totally agree.

Krogoth = on crack!

Lord Gue
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:00:16 PM
Homeworld is awesome, i remember my first online game I allied with some guy and lost cuase I hypered my mothship right into his...

crono katon
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:13:59 PM
Tournament every one vs Gue and his Zerg..j/k

Nice thing about the Proton is that before you smash the other persons base you use a red cloud thing (can't think what there called) to take over a drone and you start a base with that race then you have your race and the Zergs or what ever. 400 troops instead of 200.

Darth Vader
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:22:34 PM
the word you're looking for is Protoss :)

Lord Gue
Jun 8th, 2002, 03:30:52 PM
I havent played a real game of SC for years, lol. Ive been in use map settings for a long time.

Cloaked Cannon D
Evolves w/mass
Dimplomacy

now those are the Starcraft scenarios I play online

Darth Viscera
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:50:37 AM
2,241 killed :)

I played the computer on Hardest, islands level, just one opponent. It was a stalemate for a long time, and I landed 160 repeater clone troopers on their main island, which were promptly slaughtered. Then I took a small group of islands (sort of), which I used as Malta/Byzantium, and blocked the air/sea path to my home islands. I used this small group of islands for mounting offensive actions, and as a barrier.

Finally, I did a land invasion of the large colony island, forced them off, made them subsist on whatever scraps of food were left on their home island, and then invaded them by sea and air on their home island with 20 starfighters, 120 repeater clone troopers, 3 air cruisers and eventually ~100 bombers (built over time, at any given moment there were only 20 bombers on their home island-the rest having been destroyed due to enemy action).

In the end, I won, but the battle for the home island cost me 98 of my 120 clones (they managed to sneak in 3 air cruisers when I wasn't looking and annhialate my armies), maybe 60 bombers, 3 air cruisers. In the end, I lost 523 units, not even 1/4 of what the enemy lost.

I still have the game saved from about halfway through, if anybody wants it. VERY interesting level :)

Lord Gue
Jun 9th, 2002, 03:06:08 PM
Arg, I finally played my first game, I swear its just exactly like Empire Earth, just Star wars-inized. But my god, that was a long game, 5 friggin hours! I also love the hero's game online, just like the mass's I play on SC

Zasz Grimm
Jun 9th, 2002, 11:30:30 PM
What are you, an idiot?

Zerg rush is for simpletons. And if you are playing a good protoss enemy, you wouldn't even break through.

In 1-2 minutes I already have at least 3 cannons running, or more. By the time 2 lings get there, nothing happens and my base is safe. Later on in the game people try their drop strategies or air, but scouts take care of pretty much everything unless you are fighting terran.

Then you got to worry about lock down, and ghosts. Another thing, battle cruisers are a waist of time in my view. Go for Wraiths, and to back them up Valkryie's for taking out zerg air. It's that simple. And if you want to go ground it's siege tanks with slight air support, or some Goliaths.

Zerg strat is great, if you want to be cheap you can rush them with lings, but it is stupid. End up going ground or air. Lurkers are great for this with hydralisk back up, or ultralisk if you like that. But if you go air, go muta's, devourers and the other air thing that attacks ground. That is the best, and use your queen to your advantage. Infest the animals that are on the ground if they are there.

Just some thought, and if anyone wants to play with me, or against me online, just IM me. And this SW game seems awesome, but no money to buy.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:22:28 AM
Nothing can stop a battlecruiser squadron. Simple.

Zasz Grimm
Jun 10th, 2002, 11:37:24 AM
Wrong. Several groups of wraiths or scouts would slaughter them.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:24:03 PM
bah, ghosts with lockdown, cloacked wraiths if ya got no detectors, hell an army of goliaths usually gets me.

BTW, I dont play as Zerg, im a terran player, I use the bunker and turent defense

Zasz Grimm
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:26:17 PM
Corsairs Defense web will get ya there! Or even a simple Carrier attack.

I seriously need to start playing this game again.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:26:23 PM
All I need is one science ship in the midst of a battlecruiser squadron. Thus, your entire advantage evaporates.

Zasz Grimm
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:29:05 PM
Not really, you see. Wraiths and scouts destroy anything in their path when it comes to air.

From what I have seen, a group of 1 and a half cruisers with science ships go up against scouts or wraiths, they get destroyed.

And cruisers are too slow and bulky to fight the smallers ships.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 12:32:55 PM
dudes, we need to play, lol
I might look like I dont know what im talkin bout at times, but I been playing SC ever since its release, im actually quite good, lol

Bah, a fully upgraded BC squad, 18 BC's, against 7 wraiths, nope, BC's win if they can see the wraiths

Zasz Grimm
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:45:49 PM
a group is a number filled with 12, this if you have 5 groups, 18 BC's are fuked

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:31:54 PM
lol, ya sure? I never counted it out, I just assumed, I really play it all by ear

Zasz Grimm
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:35:57 PM
I used to be an addict to the game, but have been slacking off from it as of late.

My brother has been wanting me to come on and play, but I have been RPing and playing Diablo 2 LOD lately.

crono katon
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:15:02 PM
Thanks Vader I don't know why I want to call them Proton..

Played SC last Night(against computer) and got my ass kick..I'm really rusty at the game now, I'm thinkin.

But hey I'll play anyone....just have to download the update and hope I don't lag bad.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:35:44 PM
Zasz, you are officially on the "doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground" list.

The moment I tell my battlecruiser group to "stop", they open fire on the closest hostile...which is your flimsy group of wraiths. I've won more games like this than I can count. Game. Set. Match.

Terrans = unbeatable on island campaigns.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:43:25 PM
Actually, Id have to vote on Protoss in an island hop. Between the carriers and arbiters...

I mean the way everything locks onto interceptors aotumaticaly, if ya got someone watchin another part of the screen they could lose it all in one blow....

Or use arbiters to teleport a group of reavers onto part of their base..

then again ive been the victim of a zerg rush on island hop before, 2 min and im dead, i was amazed, lol

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:50:39 PM
If you lose to the Zerg on an island map, you should be put to sleep by lethal injection.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:54:19 PM
lol, i was just putting up defenses and he came up with multiple flyers and killed all my scv...
I couldnt put up a defense in time, besides it only happened once so no big wop

Darth Viscera
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:00:01 PM
Unfortunately, my attempt to get a copy of clone campagins to Gav failed. I think it's a region issue, as Charley's worked. The install kept asking for a data3.cab 89% through while it was installing the MP3s (no such file exists on any galactic battlegrounds CD), and that was basically the end of that.

:( :huh >_< :cry :huh :(

We worked for 2 weeks to try and get it to work-and I had to put up with Gav's utter sluggishness and ineptitude with anything that had to with a computer, and his infamous 10 minute pauses!

On these grounds, I've advised him to dish out the £25.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:01:36 PM
lol, poor gav, lets start a donation, hehe

Darth Viscera
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:14:35 PM
We can't. They don't use dollars in England. Not as valuable as the pound.

Lord Gue
Jun 10th, 2002, 10:19:58 PM
what, no currancy exchange?
go there, and besides we got some brits on the board to donate too hehe

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 06:07:49 AM
Cheapskates, serves you right :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:57:31 AM
ignoramus. I paid $30 for clone campaigns. I was trying to do a friend a favor.

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:03:10 AM
I didnt say WHO was the cheapskate :)

And he's paying £25? I got it for £20. Ask him if he wants to buy some magic beans off me :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:31:16 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Cheapskates, serves you right :)

plural. not singular. plural.

P L U R A L

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:34:01 AM
And didnt mention you, did it? :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:46:30 AM
I hereby decree that Reaperfett loses this argument.

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2002, 08:58:08 AM
You only have circumstantial evidence, and then try to close the argument when you realise you cant win:)

Darth Viscera
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:01:05 AM
smart guy, heh? Here in Soviet Union we have place for you to go. It is called gulag!

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:08:18 AM
I have a preference for playing humans in Star Craft, not that I have played for a long time. It was my observation of the time that you could not just collect a squadron of singular craft type and expect it to work. There had to be some mixing and matching.

I also consdiered Ghosts useless, except if you could build an excellent diversion.

Sanis Prent
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:57:13 AM
You should try 12 battlecruisers plus one science vessel...just for old times sake :)

Lord Gue
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:59:33 AM
lol, ghosts are awesome, long range, cloak and lock down ability...

that and in one allied game we really pissed these guys off when we nuked them to death, nuke after nuke after nuke, no real attacks anywhere. Even when he only had an unfinished turrent left, we got it with 3 nukes!

Zasz Grimm
Jun 11th, 2002, 11:44:06 AM
Yes, I know the same command. Hold position attacks everything, I have also done this many times.

But in every game I have seen that someone has come out with carriers or cruisers get slaughtered by scouts or wraiths, thats from my experience.