View Full Version : Hatebreed: Pet

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:52:57 AM
It had been an eventful time for the Van-Derveld family as of late. For the second time the spirit of Gitane had returned to inhabit her previous body, yet it her ties to Vega and the Empire had been severed during her astral existence and she had fled from the Empire to train with some rogue.

Lower down the family tree, the youngest Van-Derveld child had been slaughtered. At the will of Vega, Darius had taken off to Coruscant to retrieve the head of his slain brother. The battle between the two was short and bitter, with the red riot taking his victory prize to the ever grateful Sith Lord. In doing so relations between the father and son had grown stronger and with Gitane's betrayal of the family events of the past seem to be long gone.

Though the elder Lupine Marco Van-Derveld, grandfather to Vega, is still on the loose, hide nor tail has been seen of him in over a year. The role of Alpha male for the Sith Lupines falls to Vega, who has taken it upon him to found a new haven for his kind on Helios. Befriending the wild Garou has placed him with a new acquaintance in the form of Aeris Jin Kerr, a female who the Lord has taken an unsurprising liking too.

In his new role of overlord it is hardly unexpected that the Sith’s ego has inflated even more, with his perception of himself turning from destroyer to deity …

"It's time you understand what you are. The filth. The monster. The lonely little boy playing God, taking lives as he pleases."

"I don't need to play God, I AM God! I hold the fate of the masses in MY hands!"

… And thus after his attempt to raise the dead and create an army from nothing failed, the would-be creator turns his hand to something simpler. The thought of finding someone whom you are completely akin to astounds the human race, and what better way to find your match than to create them. A small amount of tampering with DNA and genetics would permit anyone to devise their own person, with whatever visage and personality you wish. They can be submissive to your will or rebel, a follower or a leader, a fighter or a thinker. Anything.

But Vega didn’t want anything. He wanted himself; being the vain man that he was.

A small sample of skin tissue, a drop of blood, a lock of hair; all contributing ingredients. The creation itself would be spawned within a glass cylinder, part of the lab equipment in the Hadou Manor. For now, it was nothing, but soon, it would be something.

Someone.

Aeris Jin Kerr
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:15:19 AM
"Vega?"

Aeris had silently walked up behind Vega, wondering what he could possibly be doing in the laboratory. To her, it seemed like he had been acting abnormal lately, but didn't want to seem too concerned. Standing at his side, she looked down at the glass cylinder that contained many things .. Things that came from a person. Canting her head to the side, she turned her attention to him.

"Vega, what exactly is this?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:20:15 AM
He'd been standing over the apparatus for some time now, inputting variables at the console infront of him. A constant stream of some sort of coding ran over the monitor in a dull hue of blue, numbers and letters in it altering as he pressed the keys infront of him.

"Vega?"

He was far too engrossed in what he was doing to hear her voice at first, so continued frantically typing.

"Vega, what exactly is this?"

The second time, however, he glanced backwards. The Sith turned on his chair somewhat, glancing up at Aeris. Though he was already smiling, the look on his face seemed to grow brighter at the sight of the Lupine.

"Oh, just a little something I'm working on," he said with a soft laugh, turning back to look towards the birthing cylinder.

Aeris Jin Kerr
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:26:13 AM
She arched an eyebrow slightly at his reply, then smiled just a little. It was normal of him to always be working on something big.

"Working on what?"

She peered curiously at the monitor, somewhat amazed by all the equations he had typed in there.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:28:58 AM
He paused in what he was doing, looking sideways at Aeris.

"I'm making something, just a little experiment,"

The smile continued to dance on his lips as he turned back around, standing up.

"Cloning."

Aeris Jin Kerr
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:37:23 AM
"Cloning .. Who are you cloning?"

She vaguely remembered hearing about cloning once, and wondered why he would want to perform such an experiment.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:41:19 AM
"Myself ... with a slight twist,"

Vega glanced upwards, thinking about what he was creating. It was pure genious.

"It won't look like me..."

Aeris Jin Kerr
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:52:01 AM
She could see the dangerous look that compelled Vega's face as he spoke, sending a light shiver down her spine.

"What do you mean? I thought clones were supposed to be identical in every way ..."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:52:37 PM
"I mean what I'm making will have everything identical to me, except one small detail."

He looked back down at Aeris.

"Gender."

Aeris Jin Kerr
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:21:38 AM
"... I see."

So, that was what he was brewing in his laboratory. Hopefully it wouldn't result in a disaster. Chewing on her bottom lip absentmindedly, Aeris continued to watch Vega.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 04:05:45 AM
The next day...

The Sith had taken working all night to a new level. His fixation with his project had gone begone health. The obsession had taken total control of him and he wouldn't leave his post at the enigeenering console for anything. It wasn't as if he needed food all that often, for the pain that grew from the need for nurishment only made him more determined. That was how Sith were, they stuck at something and the more it threw them back the more they wanted to defeat it.

A week later...

The hold the work on him had faltered once or twice, allowing Vega to venture out for a morsel of food, but it always drew him back into the labratory. It wasn't work that was the real snare now though, it was what was transpiring within the tube. His creation had taken form now, and was suspended in the clear fluid within.

Tubes were attached at pressure points on the body to supply it with what it needed to grow; for its body was not present in total just yet. The process worked upwards, from the feet, building in the body slowly but surely. The naked figure was missing the upper portion of its torso at the moment, but at the rate which she was growing it would be no time before she was complete.

The brain, he knew, would be the most difficult part. To implant all of the knowledge Vega knew into her would be a big strain on her and the equipment. In the end though he had no doubt that things would go off without a hitch.