PDA

View Full Version : jediMulder lives, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:14:38 PM
I don't usually post over at TFN, but on a whim I decided to go over there. I posted over in their B.O. thread. When I went to see my post I was horrified to see who had just posted before me. I shudder to even say the name, but the clueless one has returned. Spouting the same nonsense as before. Good god, why did they ever take him off his medication...

Go if you DARE!!!!
http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6884635&start=7096747

JonathanLB
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:24:28 PM
I saw him the other day there too, but I just didn't say anything in hopes that he doesn't come knocking on our door now too ;)

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:28:14 PM
Did you see this Jon?

Truth be told Spider-man should barely make $100 million. I've always found it to be the most cheesy of all comic books, the most ridiculous and the worst candidate to crossover from comic book to film.

I predict however that it will appear to do very very well, it might even seem to steal Star Wars' thunder. Notice how meticulously I make my point and you'll understand my meaning.

Oh my god, he still as HYSTERICAL as ever! :lol :lol

Jinn Fizz
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:33:40 PM
Now THAT is what I call a blast from the past. :mischief

Quadinaros
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:35:13 PM
We gotta get this guy back over here. :lol

We're all a little disappointed with AOTC's droppings at the B.O. Maybe he's just what we need for an upper. Talk about A New Hope... ;)

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:47:54 PM
If he comes back here I'll hunt down whoever's responsible and rip out their HEART!!! Actually, I'll just hire someone to do it for me. Do not trifle with me people. The millions of dollars that I earned during the first worldwide SW box office conspiracy has afforded me the luxury of eliminating all of my enemies with a simple snap of my fingers.>D

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:57:54 PM
Oh man, lets hope he stays over at the force.net we don't want him to come here, hopefully since we moved he can't find us. Wait there is still a redirect from the old page, quick somebody go delete it. :p

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:00:21 PM
LOL...I don't know if I'm terrified or excited about the possibilty of his resurrection here. I know Dutchy and I would have a field day with him. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:13:40 PM
The question is do we ban him or keep him around to entertain us:p

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:19:08 PM
Oh wow...vansmak is over there too! Man he is eating him alive...just like the good ole' days. Brings back memories. :)

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:35:43 PM
I'm just sad the medication didn't work. Poor bastard, I can picture him rumaging through movie theater dumpsters looking for B.O. receipts. Interviewing moviegoers as they leave the theater. Shouting and screaming at the top of his lungs;
"You're all PUPPETS!! You're slaves of Cameron and Raimi! One day Lucas will expose you all for the fools you are!! When Lucas becomes president the TRUE BOX OFFICE RESULTS WILL BE KNOWN!!!"
Poor bastard...

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:38:47 PM
LMAO!

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:39:26 PM
Do you really think he is insane? I have always thought that he was just somebody yanking our chains. That was my opinion, I thought there couldn't be anybody that nuts who isn't in a mental instution.

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:45:00 PM
He's probably the same guy who wrote the letters in Seinfeld's 'Letters From a Nut." Wait a minute, most people think Seinfeld wrote those letters... OH MY GOD, we've been posting with Seinfeld this whole time!!! You know it's true. Unless you can prove to me that it's not, then I have no use for your pathetic ideas...:crack

BUFFJEDI
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:05:57 AM
He is my HERO!!!!But I'll not go into that:)

Preach it my brother PREACH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i'll duck for cover now:x :x :x :x

CMJ
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:07:52 AM
*Grabs baseball bat and looks around for buff*

Come out here you coward. :P

BUFFJEDI
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:14:24 AM
:uhoh . turns and hides agian.

JonathanLB
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:02:23 AM
No Jedieb I didn't see that one, I just noticed his name, shook my head in disbelief, made a post, then left.

Oh my god that is funny. Spider-Man is one of the most popular comic book characters ever! Regardless of what JediIdiot thinks of him, the general public has always been fond of Spider-Man. Now did ANY of us think it would make $300 million even? No, but we all knew it would make more than $175 million. Its success is surprising, but not ridiculous. I mean if Undercover Brother made $450 million, I'd join JediMulder on his crusade, LOL, but no film that has reached $300 million is shocking. Think about it. Harry Potter, major phenomenon in the book industry, it was destined for high grosses. LOTR, again, most acclaimed fictional work of the 20th century. Two Star Wars films, duh. Titanic, the event, was a major disaster that I used to hear stories about when I was a kid, actually there was this song that they sung at my school a lot, not sure if it was just because my school was weird, but anyway it was some song about Titanic. So the success of that movie was certainly surprising in the sense that nobody saw it being the highest grossing movie ever, but it was the most expensive ever. E.T. was a Steven Spielberg film and he had already made Jaws, so its success was hardly a shock either. The Lion King was a Disney movie. Disney owned animation at the time. Again, not shocking.

Spider-Man making so much money is very impressive, but it's not a conspiracy! It's just a popular character that I think many of us guys grew up with as kids, no matter what our ages! I personally always loved Spider-Man as a kid, and I loved the movie. Is it disappointing to me that AOTC didn't cream it at the box office? Well sure, yeah, but that doesn't take away from Star Wars. Both films are quite profitable and I found them both immensely enjoyable. So whatever.

Why is JediMulder/JediIdiot/Jedi3167 so hell-bent on the SW films all grossing more than any other movies ever made? I don't get it. It's a fun competition, but come on, this guy is INSANE.

I don't think he is just having some good natured fun, no no, this guy is really insane. I agree with Jedieb. Someone let him off his medication and that was a BIG MISTAKE. This is a crisis! (as I said, does this line ever get old? No! lol). What in the heck is wrong with this guy? LOL.

The only thing I will say in defense of AOTC here is that at my theater, AOTC is still king. The Sum of All Fears perhaps is playing better in city markets or something, I have no idea where, but at my theater, AOTC is holding on 3 screens, Sum of all Fears on one screen and not selling out either. Even if AOTC's auditoriums were 1/3 as full, and they are not, then it would still be beating The Sum of All Fears at my theater. So perhaps in the markets where AOTC has one screen, Sum of All Fears one screen, then AOTC is losing, but not out here thankfully. The line in front of me was mostly going to AOTC, and oddly enough I heard most people in the line to the side of me saying "Insomnia." The showing of Undercover Brother I went to, 10:05 on Saturday night, was not full at all! Maybe 20%, I guess. I walked in after the ads started (before the previews) and I got a perfect seat with nobody next to me either way, and even when the movie started, nobody was next to me on either side. Obviously that movie is not doing so hot.

I was front row for The Sum of All Fears. It was nearly sold out, but I got my ticket 1 minute after the "start" time (I missed some ads, again).

Point is, it really does depend on where you go. You can't judge from your own theater that there must be a conspiracy because AOTC is selling more tickets. I KNOW that my theater is busier than most other theaters because I've been to the other theaters in my city and they are always less full. Evergreen is where people go even if they are farther away because it's just a nicer theater. Why is AOTC outselling Sum of All Fears here? Well it does have a 3-to-1 advantage in screens, hehe. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:47:55 AM
OMG, he's back?!?!!?

Okay, who was the bastard that spoke his name three times?!?!

JMK
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:27:45 PM
JediMulder clouds everything....

BUFFJEDI
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:31:57 PM
I hope he is A kings fan as well :) it'll save me the trouble :)

I think I'll go back to hiding now :(

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:55:06 PM
Hang on... this time I have the copyright over conspiracies!!! I SAID IT FIRST!!! THE BASTARD!!!!

Mu Satach
Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:15:03 PM
I'm a mindless slave to Raimi.

Woo Hoo Spidey!
*ducks and runs*