PDA

View Full Version : Tainted (Challenge to a Sith)

Salemn Lysce
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:12:54 PM
Sighing slightly, the young Jedi padawan sat underneath a bridge, breathing in the sweet scent of the night air. A few fireflies flittered here and there, giving the atmosphere an almost magical touch. Somebody had placed a couple of lights under the bridge, so that if anyone walked underneath they wouldn't be left in complete darkness.

How thoughtful.

Stretching out her legs, Salemn glanced around and began to feel uneasy. Knowing that something wasn't right, her hand strayed next to the hilt of her lightsabre.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:33:00 AM
"You fools are making yourselves far too easy to find these days, you know?"

A voice spoke from behind Salemn and the wooden planks above her creaked. Footsteps could be heard drawing nearer over the wooden bridge, as dark crimson robes became visible through the slates of wood.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:56:52 AM
Letting out a slight gasp, Salemn jumped to her feet and glanced up at the bridge. Sith robes were becoming visible between the wooden planks as the Sith drew nearer. Her hand gripped the hilt of her lightsabre tightly, her knuckles turning white. This would probably result in a fight .. her first fight.

What do you want?

She called out with the Force.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:07:39 AM
"What a stupid question ... What do you think I want?"

There was silence, then suddenly splinters rained down from above as the Sith plunged a fist through the walk way. His face, covered in a dark grin, became visible through the hole.

"To kill you, of course."

Salemn Lysce
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:26:03 PM
I'm not afraid of you ...

A grim look overtook the padawan's face as she saw the Sith Lord, Vega Van Derveld, peering down at her. Of all people, it was him. Just her luck.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:31:01 AM
"Don't kid yourself, you fear me, you all do," he said with a sly chuckle.

The Sith was suddenly armed, as his saber leapt to his hand from his belt. The brilliant yellow beam shot to life and pierced down through what remained of the bridge to provide a way for the darksider to descend upon his opponent.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:30:27 AM
In an instant, Salemn's saber was unclipped and ignited, a beautiful white beam spurting furth. Taking a couple steps back, she watched as Vega descended down. Her grip on her lightsabre's hilt tightened as she waited - she would defend, not attack.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:52:49 AM
"You know, you don't have any choice of what your action will be here ... it's basically I attack, and you die," he said with a lopsided grin.

With a swipe upward of one hand, he cast the Padawan backwards with a Force push.

"Shame you don't have a little help, eh?"

Salemn Lysce
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:06:59 AM
It's a shame I don't a pin, so I can't deflate your ego.

She stumbled back only slightly but regained her footing immediately, glaring at the Sith Lord. Uncertainity began to gnaw at her mind; here she was, a Padawan, going against a Sith Lord. What were the odds? She pushed these thoughts in the back of her head, not wanting to think of such things, and concentrated on the evil figure infront of her.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:39:55 AM
"You're just going to stand there?"

Vega snorted.

"Oh come on! It's not fun if you don't squeal or at least squirm a little!"

Salemn Lysce
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:09:16 PM
I refuse to. After all, I'm not scared of you.

She practically spat out the last word in spite, waiting for him to respond.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:59:34 AM
"You're not scared?"

Vega grinned and extended his free hand. Within a second the girl was lifted off of her feet in a tight Force grip.

Salemn Lysce
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:23:26 AM
Gritting her teeth together, the padawan watched Vega as that sickening grin appeared on his face. He was mocking her, mocking her like so many others did. Was it because she was mute ? Surely, he wasn't that thickheaded, but who knew when it came to Sith? Then a smile came to her lips, and she laughed. Of course it was silent, but Vega could hear it in his head.

Do you think that you could frighten me with a Force grip?

Concentrating on the broken pieces of wood (which was all that was left of the bridge), Salemn used the Force and made them start to fall down onto Vega with sickening thuds.