Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2002, 10:19:04 AM
Come out, come out wherever you are, light side vampire O_o

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:32:42 PM
???? HUH ????

Xazor Elessar
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:55:26 PM
I think he's talking about the new Padawan who is a Vamp... :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:13:15 AM
I dont have any issue as long as it's a physical Vampire - you know drinking blood, light sensitive and such, cause thats possible. As long as it goes no further. When it gets into Undead, that's when I feel there will be a major problem.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:37:38 AM
lightsiders drinking blood? last time that came up you were against it o_O

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:21:54 PM
Hmmmm. Interesting question.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:26:14 PM
I don't think this one goes for the blood drinking. I talked to him for a while and he seemed harmless enough.... :)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:41:50 PM
Then.. how are you a vampire if you aren't drinking blood O_o

There are other types of vampires... like psychic vampires.. they absorb the ambient energy in the area that messes up a psychic when they are trying to use their powers.

Also, there are things called nega-psychics and they disbelieve in that magic, psionics don't exists that powers don't affect them :)

That would be a HUGE stretch in SW since the Force does exist :lol But I could see someone being the former.... but it would have to be written out what they can and cannot do.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:01:49 PM
I am not sure exactly what he is....I kept my space IC when I realized he was a Vamp...but then he spoke about saving his family. It is a pretty cool story, actually....and I don't think he is intending to harm anyone IC by blood drinking. :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:49:09 AM
Lord DarkStar is a Force Vampyre who drains midochlorians, but even to do that you have to harm people.

How can he drain things and not harm them? o_O

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:07:06 AM
How the bloody hell can you drain Midichloridians?

Not that I acknowledge that crap causes the connection between a being and the Force anyway

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:15:40 AM
;; shrug ;;

That's not important though.

I still want to know how he can be a vampire, and therefore have to drain something from someone, and still be considered a lightsider.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:04:50 AM
:: Scratches head ::

Not sure actually. I guess the same question can be asked about meat eaters. Okay, so we dont eat em alive, but.....

I'm drawing a long bow I think. Okay, I dont know either.

Alaina Edric
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:10:25 AM
You'd have to take somethings life force, which would be hurting them :| Kind of defeats the purpose of protecting life.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:35:43 PM
hurting another being for whatever reason goes against the teachings of the Light. I don't see how the individual would become at all powerful with the Light because of his handicap :\

Azhure Darkstone
Jun 4th, 2002, 04:37:01 AM
Lets see what happens, or what he has to say about it.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 05:06:39 AM
Last time this came up a lot of people didn't take kindly to it, so I don't see why this should be treated any differently.

You cannot possibly have a lightside Vampire.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:49:33 AM
Sure you can. You get a membership card at a bloodbank :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:55:06 AM
:rolleyes

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:27:36 AM
In two Blade films, how many times did you see him drink blood from someone? Once, and because she had that cure.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:08:43 AM
The blood has to come from somewhere though. I doubt he'd be able to live on donated blood forever.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:11:51 AM
Why not? If a Jedi can have an X-Wing work at full efficency, he must be getting favours. If he had the munchies, he'd get food :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:14:19 AM
:grumble

EDIT - Oh also, if he is going to be a Vampire I'd recommend he speaks with Saurron or Jedah about it, or at least one of the other Vamps from the Coven/Shrine, since they have been the reigning knowledge/control over the Vampire-ness since forever. :|

Charley
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:34:53 AM
We're looking at two variables here.

1. The state of vampirism...having that happen to you and such. This can quite possibly be against a person's will.

2. The culture of vampirism. Their society, beliefs, behaviors, etc. There is a culture built around vampires.

the only way I could see a light side vampire would be if 1 existed without 2.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:32:35 AM
So it'd have to be forced on him, and would be like a curse thing to him..

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2002, 02:43:59 PM
NO.

If you say vampires like that, no way. Vampires are NOT spirital or undead here, nor do they have "special" Vampireness powers.

The only valid vampires are physical beings who live on blood on some kind. Now I see that as possible and could be workable, tho I have not much interest in figuring out how, to be honest. Nothing more.

There is a valid vampire race, one of which was seen in ANH. He was not undead or any special powers. While Reaperfett's answer is flippant, that is the way I see around the problem - drink the blood of already dead animals (livestock say) or a donor bank.

Physical vampires is as far as I would go. as a SW thing. If it's a physical vampire as a Jedi, it's dubious, but Still feel it may be okay. Maybe. Anything else other than this very limited form can simply go and get f ucked right here and now. And I make no apology for my language either.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:10:14 PM
dont call me flippant, I was raising a valid point.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:16:34 PM
No arguing boys....

Anywayz, the guy hasn't said anything about blood sucking. :lol I think it is possible to just have the physical qualities of a Vamp, without all the other stuff. Like me...I'm Garou....and I have physical qualities such as elongated canines. He could have very much the same thing...but have been cured of the blood drinking. No undead people, he did not say anything about that...so I assumed he was very much alive. I am just riding this out to see how he goes. He hasn't been on much anyway....

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:20:48 PM
Dark side energies can animate the dead

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:22:59 PM
:lol You're making this quite difficult Fett. :D I know he is not of the darkside....he is very much alive! :lol

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:25:48 PM
I have to make it difficult. To quote a Star Wars character. "Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit" :)

ANd I know you weren't saying he was, but I was just saying, in that way that I do :)

Xazor Elessar
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:29:59 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Thanks buddy....I'll remember that. ;) I'll continue to watch him...he's in the Force class Nav and I are running....it should prove very interesting indeed. :angel

Azhure Darkstone
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:11:30 PM
the first jedi vampire. making history buddy. :)

Charley
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:49:13 AM
Begun the vamp war has.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:11:47 AM
the first jedi vampire. making history buddy.

Actually there were two Jedi Vampire once, but they were denied access :) and also the Coven were rathed ticked at them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:30:16 PM
I remember them. I think. Hmmm....

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:18:42 PM
Duck and cover. Helenias will be back on tonight. I can just imagine what her reaction could be.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:39:16 PM
:lol What... she will be compassionate and understanding in this matter :p

:: ducks and runs for cover ::

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:47:59 AM
Bah! Thats what I say. Bah!

Let people be bloodsuckers if they want. I mean, people gotta eat SOMETHING! Cizerack eat sentient species!

SAURRON
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:47:52 AM
SW universe Vampyres live off of the blood and midichlorines of others, empowering them to conduct the feets of strength (among other things) that Vampyre in our lore here on earth are capable of. To have a lightside Vamp would be very difficult indeed thus they would be breaking the code of Jedi by harming another sentient life form... stealing their lifeforce.

Can artificial blood be produced to sustain a lightsider?

Well if clones can be made then they can produce blood...however, if it were artificial then it would be lacking the midichlorines. I dont think they can produce midichlorines. Therefore sentient life must be had...drained...whether in the traditional way or a more scientific one it is a problem for a Jedi to say the least.

Donor bank? yes it can be done as long as it was taken from the living.

Dead animals? no

Many of a Vampyre's powers can be explained with the Force or better yet the Darkside of said power.

Helenias Evenstar
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:07:46 AM
Duck and cover you better.

I dont believe this discussion is even happening. It is my observation that roleplayers bring into Star wars concepts like Vampires and DragonBall (Is that right?) to gain an advantage above and beyond what is possible in Force powers, or possible in physical forms. This is the reasoning behind why I simply say take your Vampire nonsense and walk. I dont care if it's Dark Side or Light Side or how you try to justify or explain, you are simply trying to gain an advantage above and beyond what would otherwise be allowed.

It is entirely true that there is a vampire race in Star wars - one who simply survives on the blood of others. I see no difference between this and a meal of meat. I am aware Vampire bats exist and they simply exist on the blood of something else. However a "Vampire" might get their next meal from, I am certain there are ways a creature whom exists on blood can obtain nourishment and not avoid Jedi ideals. In fact, I dont even know there is a Jedi ideal on this. A Jedi needs to sustain themselves and I am sure there were Jedi who were carniverous and may have needed to eat fresh meat. Might I ask, what would the difference int this case be?

Anything else, I object to. Not only is it not canon, it is not even Extended Universe. A creature that uses blood of others to gain abilities above and beyond nourishment is not Star Wars in the slightest. Why may I ask is absurdities as this being done, when Star Wars is already such a rich universe, with many different possibilities and there is so much room to explore?

This Jedi Vampire is acceptible if he or she simply seeks nourishment from blood and no more. I would think that even if this may be against a Jedi's way, roleplaying ways can be found around it and there could be an interesting storyline created.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:19:17 AM
It is my observation that roleplayers bring into Star wars concepts like Vampires and DragonBall (Is that right?) to gain an advantage above and beyond what is possible in Force powers, or possible in physical forms.

Anyone who does that isn't playing by the rules. You will find the groups like the Coven and the Shrine regulate how the Vampires work so that they are not gaining any sort of advantage over anyone - they are just another special, with its own quirks. They do not gain any sort of ability from the blood, also - unless they are draining another Vampire, in which case the whole concept would kept amongst the Vampire community.

Even the likes of Saurron (head vamp man :mneh) doesn't fly around like a bat or seep through doors in mist form before entrancing you with his magic eyes! It's is moderated and made fair.

I suppose as long as it's cool with everyone else I'm fine with it, I just wanted to bring it up to make sure.

Charley
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:26:48 AM
Dasquian, you took the words right out of my mouth :)

Chance
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:33:43 AM
But could there be the possibility of the vamp being alike to Angel from Buffy V.S.?
:huh

Forsaken the lust for blood ( or whatnot ) because of *something* that happened?

Wicket W. Warrick Jr.
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:48:23 AM
Hey i know how he can "eat" go to the bar (the bar dose serve meat right???) and ask for the left over blood and survive off the blood of the already dead. I mean i my self studyed vamps a bit this way of feeding will make him mor orrnery and mean and maybe push him to the Dark Side. Hey dose anyone know what kind of vamp he is , Is he young or old, Can he walk in light or not, blood or what, is this person a vampier like Dracula or did he not know the name for the Blood Craver. You all have been aguing but i see no facts here to go off of

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:05:21 AM
Actually, I'm going him the once over now. I have not seen aything other than the name Vampire attached to his character that would raise any questions. He's got wings, no big deal. Shown no powers or done nothing untoward. Pretty much like what I said was perfectly acceptible

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:17:25 AM
You could say he is a dhamphir (I think that is the spelling) to get around the walking in the day light. He'd be half human-half vampire then, a "Blade" vamp.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:19:06 AM
Ewwwwww. That brings up memories of that truly foul movie of the same name. :x

I feel ill now remembering that crap

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:07:36 AM
O_o

Wicket W. Warrick Jr.
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:27:09 AM
Or if he is an old and powerful vamp he can walk in sun and even were a cross. but i mean there are many diff kinds of vamps he needs to tell someone what he can and cant do so the council can limit him if needed

Xazor Elessar
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:16:17 AM
He can be in the sun.....and he is young to the best of my knowledge. He did not say he had any powers.....he said that he wanted to be a Jedi so he had some to save his people. I think he is a legitamate character....

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:25:10 PM
IF you look at what vampirisnm is in reality, it's actually the disease Rabies.

I'm serious. Vampire legends started with Rabies.

A Rabies suffer is hyper senitive to the sun, is oversexed, abecomes hypersensitive to appearences (ie hates mirrors), strong smells like Garlic are irritating, in the later stages they get biting compulsions. The disease was spread by wolves and bats, so that is why you saw bats and wolves with Vampires. And why the religious symblos being fearful? Simple. Combined with hypersensitivity, in medievil times priests were something to fear s rabies was thought to be a demonic possession. So the "Vampire would run when shown a religious symbol, cause it meant not so good things for the one 'possessed'

Hope you found that informative

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:28:35 PM
There is also a disease that requires a person to ingest blood. Haemo ... something or other.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 02:38:03 PM
Hemophilia. It's where the victim's blood cant clot.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:05:33 PM
Jedi Vampire...no comment. It doesn't make sense to me! :\

Now...Saurron. He is a great RPer as his character. He does NOT god mode or nothing. You know there are disadvantages to playing Vamps and he rps them as well as the rest of the Coven. They are a great evil group of sith type characters at SWFanNet :smokin

Vampyre Dalamar
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:33:33 PM
Let me think what have I done as a vampyre that would be to much at the Gjo board. Suck blood hmnn no. Turn to mist hmnn no. change shape nope ain't done that. Call animals to my aide hmnn no. Enthrall you with my magic eye's not that either.
Helenias has repeatedly been a Vamp basher if the universe is so rich why is there no room for us. I guess Helenias sets the standards huh? Well at least they think so, her and Marcuss seem to be the main leaders. Now, some vamps are okay and some are not what? Dasquien and Vega and any one else who vouched for us thank you very much. Vega be careful maybe werewolves will be next. lol
Maybe not though they like Verse. I guess if we where on there good side we might be accepted also. :wings

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:38:49 PM
I don't think that is it. I just see as "Vamps" being the personification of "EVIL" which they are. Jedi being "good" and Sith being "evil". See what I am getting at, as well some of the others.

SAURRON
Jun 6th, 2002, 09:51:21 PM
That was very informative Marcus.

Now, not only are Vampyres not at an advantage, they are at a disadvantage. Sun light, the need for blood to sustain them, and they can not be cloned (something that seems to be all the rage) just to name a few.

Sanis Prent a non force user could have killed Saurron and came close to doing so on Coruscant once so please don't tell me that I am only trying to get an advantage by using my character. I find it very offensive. Very.

I will say this...it will not be you that define how or why the SW universe Vampyre exist and carry on. It will be me and others that play them.

Now back to the topic at hand...lightside Vamp. If you want to set up a midichlorine rich blood bank for the chr in question then by all means do so. Becouse that is what it will take.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am not taking my chr and walking anywhere...we are here to stay... en force.

Have a nice day.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:35:49 PM
/Me SWitches to Admin mode

It will be up to the Jedi to decide if a Jedi Vampire exists. . Vampires in your form do not exist in Star Wars Canon. Very much like some of the ideas I use from LOTR do not and can not exist in Star Wars, like the sword I carry. If someone objects to that, then I must put it aside as it is undefendable, despite the fact I have roleplayed the creation of it and it's use consistently over two and a half years. I realise this and I will put what is unresonable aside or simply stay within the group of players that know and accept the non defendable items I have.

If as a group GJO decide that Vampires are not acceptiblehere on GJO , then you will also have no choice but to accept that. And if the GJO decides that we will only accept Vampires under certain circumstances, then you will accept that. This is not SWFans and despite us being in the same server, we are independant on our policies and rules.

I am quite sure Helenias would love to see us all 100% within canon like she is very close to being. If there is someone who can take the high moral ground, she can, simply because of her very restircted canon view. She and I argue on this subject even. HOWEVER, she has been told that you can do whatever you want elsewhere on SWFans and she can have no say in it. Here however, if the Jedi wish to accept a Vampire we will do so and she can have her say on the matter.

It is quite clear the GJO will accept this Jedi Vampire. I have already stated I have no problem with that. We will do so under our own terms as is our group's right.

Sene Unty
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:37:04 PM
I may be mistaken in my assumptions, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Helenias was trying to offend you. I think she was simply making a very poignant statement in that there are those who probably have and will take advantage of being a vampire or whatever. I myself have never seen this (then again I have been on for like a month or something) but I'm sure she was only commenting on that.

I understand why you would be insulted by this, no doubt feeling "unwanted" or something, but if as you say it is more of a disadvantage than an advantage, then there should be no problem. If it is only used as a storytelling device, then it should be welcomed.

I also wanted to make a small comment pertaining to the vampires. There is also a disease (and for the life of me I can't come up with it) were a person is harmed by sunlight. It was used to great effect in the film "the Others." (good movie)

Kelt Simoson
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:52:49 PM
I have no probs with vamps attall aslong as they dont over step the mark and use it to there advantage. for instance if they try and bite me and turn me in a battle..thats not on. that kind of thing...other than that..i have no probs on it attall.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 6th, 2002, 10:53:21 PM
I may be mistaken in my assumptions, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Helenias was trying to offend you. I think she was simply making a very poignant statement in that there are those who probably have and will take advantage of being a vampire or whatever. I myself have never seen this (then again I have been on for like a month or something) but I'm sure she was only commenting on that.

Correct. Helenias has been God Moded by vampires in the past and she took that hard, especially when she makes a point of being absolutly fair and 100% in canon. I would say I have been moded by a Vampire as well and I generally take a dim view of new vampire type characters and view them with suspicion.

As someone who has been here longer than anyone else and generally keeps track of most items, her comments have rung true in the past. Her view on canon, being so restrictive is so that there can be no argument what is acceptible and what is not. I will give her props in one regard - she has, over a long period of time, been a clean player. Anyone, not just I can testify to that. She is also simply not on a power or control kick either and her actions - keeping her character of a low level of Force power, never with possessions or even paret of a group until now makes her someone I look up to greatly, because she plays fairer and writes bloody well. Better than I can.

Basically, her point has been correct in the past.

I should stop defending her. She a big girl, Helenias is more than capable of defending herself :p

Lord Soth
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:57:11 PM
Ohh hhoorrssee sshhiitt... Both of you make me ill. You drag your RL religion crap into SW and then try to look down your noses at us. Were here to stay mr. dt and your over zealous wife. You can't take the heat, get out of the damn kitchen. God mode, don't make me laugh. Both of you two are master's at it and everyone knows it. You think you two wrote the damn book on it...

And let me tell you something mr. info!... Having a "Good" Vampyre as a jedi...omg!!!...That's about as lame as saying your going to make a Christian a "good" and outstanding Satanist at the same time. You fell and bumped your head's. It's funny how you don't want to acknowledge "Us" as legit CHR's on your board, however, you will a Vamp if he fit's your criteria ...Murmm...I smell hypocrisy. You both are a piece of work ya know...LMAO!!!...So take that to the bank and cash it in. And a little something else...Juz because GL never mentioned Vamp's guy's doesn't mean they can't or don't exist. So get over it!...Saurron, ya hit the nail right on the head bro. I guess some peep look at chit trough a straw, what can I say...lol

Daegal Murdoch
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:27:48 AM
Well...I am not wanting to take sides, but I do want to point something out. DT, while GJO can decide what it allows as a group, individual roleplayers can decide what they acknowledge, also. No one can force Vega to acknowledge a Jedi Vamp, just like no one can force you to acknowledge The Coven.

And my personal opinion... Vampire = Evil. End of story. Someone name one movie/story/anything where a Vampire (full) wasn't Evil and I will change my opinion.

Chance
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:32:33 AM
Someone name one movie/story/anything where a Vampire (full) wasn't Evil and I will change my opinion.

Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Course he was evil during one segment of the series but that wasnt totally his fault. Rest of it he was all puppy eyes and sad stuff.. :x

Daegal Murdoch
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:35:18 AM
He still required blood. Drinking blood is evil. You cannot honestly believe that drinking someone else's blood convey's anything good?

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:36:55 AM
Okay, so since when was religion a question on this? And I also note your personal insult as well.

Thread closed