PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones 4

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 02:50:44 AM
Frank Darabont is on as the screenwriter, the project is greenlit for July 2005. How cool is that?

We know Darabont rocks, and Spielberg is absolutely the man, plus Ford... uhh...

Can you say $400 million EASILY?! I can.

I think Indy 4 will have an excellent shot at $500 million. People have been without Indy now for quite some time and, like TPM, it'll capitalize on that built-up interest over more than a decade (16 years by 2005 right? Just like TPM...) and it will sell just slightly fewer tickets than TPM, which adjusted for inflation is about $500 million. At the least, though, it should crash $400 million without a problem. Prime summer release date like that, July 4th weekend, oh man. No question that movie is going to be box office gold, plus the fact you have Episode III coming out earlier that summer, so Lucasfilm will own the year.

I think if you took the tally of Episode III away from Fox that year, then Indy 4 away from Paramount and simply put those TWO films under Lucasfilm, the company would come close to winning the entire year on the strength of two movies, hehe.

Indy 4 could outgross Episode III... I mean I hope not, but Episode III being so dark and all, I dunno, it's going to be one heck of an awesome summer!

CMJ
May 31st, 2002, 07:43:31 AM
Very cool. Of course is it really gonna heppen this time? They've been talking about another one for like the last 5-6 years.

Jedi Master Carr
May 31st, 2002, 11:20:40 AM
I am not sure if they should do Ford might be too old, he is 60 now, he will be 63 then and he starting to show his age, I think they need to forget about it and move on and do something else.

darth_mcbain
May 31st, 2002, 11:31:46 AM
What I read on CNN implied that Lucas would be involved in the production of Indy 4, and that it had a tentative release date of July 2005. Wouldn't this be a little bit of a conflict? I know GL has another project in the works for a Summer 2005 release :) Not that GL is the top dog in the Indy movies, but if he is to be involved, Ep. III will probably be taking all of his time between now and then.

Shawn
May 31st, 2002, 12:01:33 PM
I'd have to agree with JMC: Ford is starting to show his age. The only Indy movie I really liked, anyway, was the Last Crusade.

Lady Vader
May 31st, 2002, 02:26:56 PM
:lol

Indiana Jones and Green Pastures Home for the Elderly

GIRIATRIC INDY!!!

Ok, sorry. My mom and I are so looking forward to Indy 4, but everytime we think about it, we realize Ford isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore, and we just wonder how much make-up and dye they'll be plastering on his features.

But I do love Indy. And even though force is like 59 or 60, he's still a handsome lookin man. :)

Thanks for the news, Jonathan. :lol Now we not only have a countdown for E3, but for Indy 4 as well! :rollin

dbn
May 31st, 2002, 03:10:24 PM
Well the fun news is summer of 05 will be Lucas v. Lucas!
So, both ways--Lucas will win:))))

JonathanLB
May 31st, 2002, 04:13:25 PM
That will be Lucasfilm's finest year. Two massive movies opening within the same summer. If Episode III is able to hold up well, it being the last SW film and all, then perhaps it could hold first place at the box office for 3 to 4 weeks, or through about half of June, and then only a few weeks later, WAM, Indy 4 steals first, where it remains for 3 to 4 weeks itself. :)

I think Ford can still do it. Hell I still want to see Jackie Chan in action movies even when is way older. Same goes with Arnold! Heroes never age! ;)

JMK
May 31st, 2002, 04:16:51 PM
Personally, I think 400M is a far too high. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but the critics are going to have an absolute field day with the fact that Harrison Ford is back in the role as the geriatric adventurer. If Mel Gibson got nailed for it in Lethal Weapon 4, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ford will get it even worse for Indy 4.