PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

Gouyen Chee
May 30th, 2002, 11:28:02 PM
Now that I've gotten my first post here out of the way, allow me to introduce "myself," that is, my online roleplalying alter-ego.

Name: Gouyen Chee

Sex: female

Race: Assazi (descendants of the ancient Sith)

Height: 5' 9"; statuesque

Build: medium-boned, athletic

Hair: jet black; worn in a "warrior's braid," an angled french braid that starts at her right temple and drops behind her left ear in a long (past the knees) braid

Eyes: black, seemingly pupilless, with unusually large irises which leave very little white showing

Face: ovoid (egg-shaped) with high cheekbones, which give her eyes an exotic slant; a small, straight nose and somewhat thin lips, which tend to make her look like she's scowling. When a smile lights up her face (which is more often than one might think), her whole face lights up and her eyes twinkle with merriment. Her smile reveals a set of straight, white teeth, with rather prominent canines.

Dress: a black tunic with black leggings which tuck into thigh-high, soft-soled boots with a strange, durasteel-tipped, turned-up toe. These boots are generally worn folded down to just below the knee. She also wears, on important occasions, leather/durasteel armor, consisting of a large pectoral (a sort of breastplate like Darth Vader's) and long bracers that completely cover her forearms and extend over the backs of her hands. On the pieces covering the hands are two Sith amulets; a third one adorns the center of the pectoral. A cape consisting of a simple rectangle of shimmersilk is fastened to the pectoral by a pair of glyph-inscribed brooches.

Weapons: an intricately patterned single-bladed amber lightsaber, worn on the left side of her utility belt, an Imperial-issue heavy blaster at her right side, and tucked away behind the blaster, the long, slim shaft of a double-bladed red lightsaber.

Gouyen Chee is a darksider who currently holds the rank of Master with the Order of Assazi Force Warriors. In her ship, the Mantis, she searches the galaxy for Sith and other darkside lore.

Note on the Assazi:
The Assazi have a different view of the Force than the Jedi; they believe in using it as it comes naturally to a trainee -- light or dark. They have a strong warrior tradition and believe that the dark side is more fitted to a warrior's needs, but that it must be balanced with an awareness of the light. No matter how turbulant the emotions used, there must be a still, calm center to focus on. This makes them especially powerful. Another pecularity of the race is that, to an individual, they are Force-sensitive to some extent or other.

The Assazi are something I made up as the character of Gouyen Chee evolved from a Jedi master into a darksider. I'm a little nervous about playing her as I've read in several locations that it is prefered that a RPer start out with a new character and run him/her through the ranks. If that's the case, I have good ol' Plan B -- a new character without the monster backstory that Gouyen has. She has some stronger tie-ins with the Star Wars universe that I haven't mentioned in order to keep things as flexible as possible.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Next issue of business is working out a nice sig and an avatar -- no rest for the wicked. :evil

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 12:25:53 AM
Welcome aboard, Gouyen.. and what can I say but that is one impressive character description!

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 31st, 2002, 01:20:49 AM
It is, indeed, a lot better than most. Still, as you yourself noted, it is not exactly a "fair" thing to start out as a Master.

Anyway, so what's your backup character?

Also, welcome to the boards. :)

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 01:23:35 AM
Welcome to Swfans! I am c-3PO, human/cyborg relations. I am fluent in over six million forms of communication...

Lord Gue
May 31st, 2002, 01:26:58 AM
WELCOME!
Just an observation, your race sounds a bit like my shadow jedi, and if thats true, aint gonna work...

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 01:32:06 AM
Ah but your shadow Jedi called themselves Jedi. These are Force users...its a little different, especially if you go back to the original Latin roots...

Lord Gue
May 31st, 2002, 01:37:44 AM
Not really, If I recal the exact argument, theres no sitting on the fence allowed, your one or the other, no in between

MMU
May 31st, 2002, 01:40:51 AM
weeelllllllllll.............................

Hi there 3PO!!!

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 01:43:04 AM
If...as I was saying...you go back to the original LATIN, the root for shadow means..absence of light. So a shadow is naturally dark. There is no light in a shadow, so whatever you say, you'd be dark.

These, Assazi, seem to be Dark Jedi, using the dark side to bring order to chaos. Master Gue, you see, the odds of using the dark side and not becoming dark as six hundred thousand to one!

Marcus Telcontar
May 31st, 2002, 01:43:10 AM
:: Taps palm with Frying pan onimously ::

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 01:45:27 AM
Latin doesn't exist out here.......

or in SW! :lol

MMU
May 31st, 2002, 01:46:08 AM
eep!

So welcome to SWFans, eh.

It's a great place to be. I know I love it here!! Honest!!

*offers his squeaky moose toy to Marcus*

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 01:47:07 AM
*sees MMU*

Oh my!

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 01:48:14 AM
I wanna toy! GIMMIE!

MMU
May 31st, 2002, 01:49:31 AM
*the top of MMU's head opens up, and thousands of squeaky pig toys come flying out*

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 01:51:20 AM
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ^_______^

*SQUEAK!*

WHat's that Mister Pig? Kill everyone? Isn't that illegal.

*Squeak*

You'll make it legal? YAY!!!! ^_^

:: Gets Ax ::

MMU
May 31st, 2002, 01:52:35 AM
And on that note, I'm off to bed.

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 01:55:23 AM
Goodnight! *whew*

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 01:56:36 AM
Yeah Night....^_^

:: Chops off Threepio's head with the Ax. ::

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! ^____________^

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:08:32 AM
*walks around headless, and then falls down*

I'm beside myself!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:10:07 AM
:Watches Threepio's head roll and grumbles about no one having msn just aim. Returns his attention back to the picture in-picture:

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 02:15:28 AM
:: picks up 3po's head. ::

Oh.....3po I knew him well.

Well not really, but I heard he was a snippy gitch. LOL!!!!!!!!

:: Kicks head like a soccer ball. ::

Marcus Telcontar
May 31st, 2002, 02:17:07 AM
WORLD CUP SOCCER!!!!

Pass to me!!! The goal is open!!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:17:50 AM
:Threepio's head rolls near his feet, growling, he kicks it back at Rama:

Keep your heads to yourself!

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 02:18:02 AM
::Passes ::

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:20:38 AM
Oh my!!!

Somebody DO something!

Marcus Telcontar
May 31st, 2002, 02:25:18 AM
:: He shoots...

HE SCORES!!! SWFORUMS HAVE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!

CROWD GOES MAD!!! ::

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 02:26:04 AM
What did we win?

I hope it's Razor Scooter.

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:27:03 AM
What about MEEE!?

I'm sitting here in PIECES, and YOU're having delusions of SOCCER?!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:28:45 AM
:Spray paints "I am Vader bait" on the back of threepio, feeling particularly ebil towards droids tonight:

Rama
May 31st, 2002, 02:30:32 AM
:;Dreams of rideing his new Razor Scooter. :: ^________^

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:33:22 AM
:puts a red bra and panties on threepio. Laughs wickedly:

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:39:03 AM
O_o

o_O

Droid abuse! My head may not be attatched to my body, but I can SEE what you're doing to it!! its not right!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:43:05 AM
:lol

:Walks over and picks up threepio's head. Grabs a stick of red lipstick and draws up some large voluptuous lips. Sticks his head back on:

You look glamorous Threepio! hehehe

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:46:07 AM
BTW, if 5'9" is statuesque, then *I* am statuesque! Cool!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 02:51:02 AM
:drapes an arm over Threepio's shoulders:

You look absolutely stunning tonight Threepio.. there is a gamorrean that has not taken his eyes off your servos since you stepped in. Come along!

:Walks the droid to a table full of gammoreans:

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 02:59:51 AM
Oh my! They're...horrible!

And, on THAT terrifying note... I'm off to bed. Now I'm going to have nightmares!!! Gee thanks!

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 03:01:50 AM
G'nite LD! :D

Gouyen Chee
May 31st, 2002, 12:35:18 PM
Statuesque refers to her build (and remember, 5'9" is tall for a woman): "Suggestive of a statue, as in proportons, grace, or dignity."

And shadow is Anglo-Saxon in origin and has the same root as the word shade, both of which mean the absence of light.

The Assazi are basically darksiders, but they believe you need a tiny little toehold in the light to stay sane. And they also don't object if a student turns to the light side, which doesn't happen too often.

I may just play her in the Storytelling forum -- I need to get my roleplaying chops back and I also need to get a feel for the character again. If I do decide to play her in the roleplaying forum I will play her very conservatively -- which will be a refershing change from the RP forum I used to post on. There was waaaay too much god-moding and I felt that I had to stretch the character well past what I thought were her reasonable limits.

Okay children -- back to your play....

Never underestimate the power of the dark side... or someone old enough to be your mother who is armed with an English degree....

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 12:39:17 PM
^_^; sorry for hijacking your thread. And when I said *I* was statuesque, I meant IRL, because I'm a girl and I'm 5'9" :)

Gouyen Chee
May 31st, 2002, 01:06:31 PM
That's okay. I've noticed that thread hijacking is a common pastime in the OOC Forum :p

Oh, and 5'9" for a woman is definitely statuesque -- you're in the upper 5% of the population in height. (I took statistics in college -- need I say more?)

Carry on

Gabran Darkysa
May 31st, 2002, 01:24:31 PM
Originally posted by Threepio
^_^; sorry for hijacking your thread. And when I said *I* was statuesque, I meant IRL, because I'm a girl and I'm 5'9" :)

You know what that flew clear over my head last night. I did not realize you speaking of RL. My bad! Goes to show the attention span of my sleep-deprived, demented mind. She is very statuesque and very sexy. I have seen her open a can of whoop *** many-a-times. hehehe!

:winks in LD's direction:

Lady Vader
May 31st, 2002, 03:07:31 PM
Love the way your character is described, Gouyen. You seem like a level-headed gal, and I'm pretty sure ppl around here wouldn't mind if you RPed with your Assazi. :)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
May 31st, 2002, 03:21:53 PM
Sorry to hijack this too.

But is 5'7 1/2" tall too for a girl :\ Just wondering statistics wise.

::hopes not::

Nathanial K'cansce
May 31st, 2002, 05:27:31 PM
A lot of the female populous where I live is either the same height or a tad taller than me. And I'm 5'9 ish...

If I recal the exact argument, theres no sitting on the fence allowed, your one or the other, no in between Which I honestly think is a crock of steamy meatballs, But I'm not in the mental capacity to argue the point, nor do I really want to.

In any rate, welcome to the clubhouse, Gouyen. From the description, the Assazi race's ideas and views are very similar to that of mine (The kind of stuff I use for Snack... he uses his background as a Jedi and his knowledge fo what he learned as a Jedi to help keep him a sane and calm Sith.)

Happy Rping. :)

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 31st, 2002, 05:35:47 PM
And I'm like 6'4"... really REALLY tall for a girl!

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2002, 09:14:27 PM
Cept you aren't a girl.

And I'm not either.

6' 3" would be freakishly tall for a woman.

Darth Vader
May 31st, 2002, 09:44:42 PM
My prom date was 6'2"

Threepio
May 31st, 2002, 10:36:34 PM
I am not freakishly tall!

I am statuesque!!

:D :D :D

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2002, 10:52:08 PM
I am statuesque!!

I'm certain my dad would agree. My mom is 5' 9"

Patrick
May 31st, 2002, 10:53:44 PM
I am 6'1".....but I am just 14! MWUHAHAH! I like tall girls, that way I dont have to bend over to kiss them or anything ;)

Patrick
May 31st, 2002, 10:54:07 PM
oh yeah, btw, very nice character idea!

Gouyen Chee
May 31st, 2002, 11:45:36 PM
Thankee for all the warm welcomes -- any warmer and I'd have to turn on the AC. *fans self frantically*

And I didn't know there were so many tall people out there. *looks up at all the tall posters* How's the weather up there? :mischief

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
May 31st, 2002, 11:54:52 PM
An excellent point, Morgan. ;)

Gouven: I've heard that joke too often ever since I got tall, sorry. :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 31st, 2002, 11:55:07 PM
*laughs, thinking of the cheeburger*

Lady Vader
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:20:31 AM
I'm just your average, everyday of the mill 5'5" female. :)

Patrick
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:30:53 AM
everyday of the mill? Thought it was "run of the mill" or something like that...

Lady Vader
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:34:16 AM
Ya know, it probably is, but I'm too tired to care right now... so, hush. :p

*Pockets smiley and runs off.*

:lol

Gabran Darkysa
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:37:47 AM
I am right at 6', not exceptionally tall neither exceptionally short for a young man.

Live Wire
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:38:22 AM
*waves at newbie*

I'm 5'7, long brown hair and enjoy long walks on the beach.

lol sorry couldn't resist

Gabran Darkysa
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:42:57 AM
meesa long blonde hair, blue eyes, and likes to commit random acts of road rage... hehehehe

Patrick
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:44:01 AM
I dont like long walks on the beach...if you stay out there too long the tide will come up and steal you away lol

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:45:57 AM
*gets stolen away on the tide like the Little Mermaid* Help help!

Patrick
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:46:59 AM
The Little Mermaid was evil. She wanted to be mute because she wanted legs so she could molest a fine wealthy young man.

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:48:53 AM
Well I was talking the ORIGINAL Little Mermaid, not that Disney-fied one where she actually lives in the end...

Patrick
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:49:49 AM
umm....I though that was the original one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2002, 02:44:58 AM
Oh, yeah, that part is the same in both of them. ^_^;

Gouyen Chee
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:25:50 PM
Sorry 'bout the tall joke -- methinks that one dates back to prehistory.

Og: Look Crag -- he tall like mountain

Ug: Hey Crag -- how weather up there?

Crag: *groan*

Gouyen Chee
Jun 4th, 2002, 01:26:24 PM
*watches as thread drifts out to sea on the retreating tide*

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:13:52 PM
Ahaha, that prehistory joke was much funnier. :)

Shawn
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:41:19 PM
Personally, I like shorter women. :) I feel most comfortable if they're about up to my shoulder. If a woman is taller than I am, I start to feel uncomfortable.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:39:01 PM
I like shorter women, too - yeah, about shoulder height or shorter. But just as friends, I don't mind how tall they are.

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:36:04 PM
LOL...this looks more and more like personal ads :p

Gouyen Chee
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:07:10 AM
Sith Lord ISO for lasting relationship. Must enjoy long walks on the beach, Force massages and taking over the galaxy. Jedi need not apply.

(ISO = Is Seeking Other, in case you didn't know....)