PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Symbol Thingy?

Sage Hazzard
May 30th, 2002, 02:04:00 AM
Anyone know where I can find an image of that? The thing that's like an explosion, with a leaf shaped curvy thing on the outside? Someone please tell me they know what I'm talking about. Because it's impossible for me to describe.

I'd like it on a solid background, so I can cut it out and use it on multiple graphics. But I'll take what I can get. :)

Jedi Neo
May 30th, 2002, 02:07:19 AM
Is it the one from the New Jedi Order?
I can give you a link to find it if it is the one your looking for..
Oh and
[Jedi Mind Trick>"Give me a Custom Title, a ham sandwitch, and a glass of java on the side."[/Jedi Mind Trick>

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 02:32:53 AM
It's from the New Jedi Order?????

Ewww, I aint touching anything from that!!!! Now I feel all.... contaiminated!

Morgan Evanar
May 30th, 2002, 09:15:14 AM
Hey, its not the logo desiginer's fault its on what it is.

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2002, 12:50:04 PM
Marcus, you have only read two of them, and neither was by Allston :)

Padd
May 30th, 2002, 02:06:27 PM
I only read one of them, and I thought it was cool.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 02:40:06 PM
Ask Yog what he thought of Vector Prime. The Vong are the worst additions to the EU. They are well designed , but totally out of place which is the biggest fault.

Padd
May 30th, 2002, 04:07:18 PM
I think Vector Prime is the one I read. It was about the dude giving a disease to the people and Mara Jade had it and some dude was taking over a planet, and these people went out on a search party, and only one of them got back and he got killed right when he got there.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 04:32:02 PM
That was the foul thing Yog and I were discussing last night. Man, we both hate it. Actually, it is a good read, but most of it just is not Star Wars in the slightest.

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2002, 06:07:29 PM
And a group of people who can basically zip around the galaxy at top notch speeds are?

(Oh, btw, I do know they were in the RPG before the novels, but doesnt mean they must be ressurected:))

And anyway, VP was a reasonably good in a series with books that become great. Indeed, the last two released over here, Dark Journey and Rebel Dream, both now nestle snugley in my top 5

Padd
May 30th, 2002, 07:38:28 PM
I personally thing the YV are a cool and original idea.

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 07:40:13 PM
It's Star Trek. Didnt say they were a bad idea, just said they had no place in Star wars

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2002, 07:40:25 PM
I like them, but I wouldnt like a novel centred on them

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2002, 07:41:04 PM
It's Star Trek. Didnt say they were a bad idea, just said they had no place in Star wars

So is the Vulcan THrawn ;)

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 07:43:25 PM
You are almost unique in your dislike for Thrawn.

ReaperFett
May 30th, 2002, 07:48:02 PM
you dont frequent TF.N I see ;)

BTW, about the actual topic(:)). It isn't a NJO thing, it is what LFL does to categorise each section. Old Republic, Empire, New Republic, New Jedi Order. I THINK you mean the OR one

Sage Hazzard
May 30th, 2002, 09:50:09 PM
I will get you a CT, a ham sandwitch, and a cup of joe.... :lol I'll try and think up something along the lines of Neo from the Matrix. You're asking for it with that name. :)

I guess it's from NJO. That'd be great if you could help me help. Thanks. :)

I love Thrawn. I don't know about him not fitting into Star Wars, but he's too good a character not to be liked. I absolutely adored Zahn's way of writing him. Did you notice? Every encounter with him was seen through the eyes of his sidekick, what's his name. It made him more wise. If you knew his thoughts, he might of came off as a fraud. Also, it's hard to convince people a character's smart. Because they know you're just writing things to fall into his lap. But how they did it, where Thrawn's thoughts were shielded from you, he seemed more real. As Zahn did it, Thrawn came off as brilliant. Very nice method of writing.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 05:42:29 AM
Because Thrawn's thoughts were kept from us, it made him look bad IMO. He studied art to gain ideas? Get Real.

You mean Peallon(spelt right:)) btw. He WAS well written. An Imperial in the mould of Piett

Padd
May 31st, 2002, 01:58:12 PM
I have never read the Thrawn books, maybe I should.

ReaperFett
May 31st, 2002, 02:07:02 PM
I personally would urge you to avoid the duology, but it is worth reading the trilogy, if only so you can have an opinion :)

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2002, 09:48:44 PM
I'm so tempted to debate, but I haven't the time or the energy for this one.

TheHolo.Net
May 31st, 2002, 09:58:03 PM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
Anyone know where I can find an image of that? The thing that's like an explosion, with a leaf shaped curvy thing on the outside? Someone please tell me they know what I'm talking about. Because it's impossible for me to describe.

I'd like it on a solid background, so I can cut it out and use it on multiple graphics. But I'll take what I can get.
I have a couple but don't know that they would be good for what you want them for.

TheHolo.Net
May 31st, 2002, 09:58:53 PM
and...

Patrick
May 31st, 2002, 10:25:11 PM
I like the 2nd one, I have seen that before somewhere....ok, I know where now, it is up there next to the board name close to the top of the page.

ReaperFett
Jun 1st, 2002, 01:55:14 PM
it's in the EP2 senate, IIRC

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:20:10 AM
Those aint bad symbols at all

And BTW, The original Thrawn trilogy are by far the best EU. Read them .

ReaperFett
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:35:23 AM
Peh, Starfighters of Adumar by a mile :)

Jedi Neo
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:29:06 PM
I know Kung Fu...

Anyways there are logos at the Star Wars page at the Dark Horse Comics webpage as well. I admit that NJO is leaving a sour taste in my mouth, but it can't be all that bad...