PDA

View Full Version : How do you work this thing? (open to trainers)

Sejah Haversh
May 30th, 2002, 01:11:13 AM
It was a lazt Saturday, and Sejah had grown bored with styudying in the archives, sitting in the B&G, and there was nothing on the holovid that looked even remotely entertaining.

His lightsaber had been inactive for the past few days, so, bushign a paw through his headfur, the Nehantite picked it up and slipped it into the folds of his belt and headed down the hall and to the turbolift on his way to the training center. He had noticed it was usually fairly empty ont he weekends, wich he took to be a good time to get in some practice. he didn't have to wait for a mat to practice on, and wouldn't ahve to worry about having many others see him when he messed up, or did something wrong. Even for being a fencing champion where he hailed form, Sejah was still having trouble adjusting to the weightless blade.

Finding a mat, the brown mongoose shed his outer shirt, and stretched out his muscles in a regular routine. A few silent words of prayer were said, and then he pulled out the silver handle of his saber and ignited it, watching the blue blade flash into life. He kept it at it's lowest setting so that he would not accidentally lop off limbs, or his own head with it, but just deliver a stinging burn instead. Luckily, for being as cheap and cruddy as it was, his saber was able to do that.

Then it was into a familiar routine, though it was made clumst by the lack of counterbalance in the blade of light. He looked liek a beginner, and that frustrated him. Finally, after accidentally smashing himself in the back of the leg, he was jsut about fed up with it, and ready to call it quits. At least with the blade, he ahd a real master to teach him. But most of the Jedi seemed too busy to render personal attention anymore, so he tried his best to teach himself, though his results were less than quality.

Tomak Ohara
May 30th, 2002, 08:30:03 AM
Tomak walked up to Sejah an spoke to him,"I am also a begginer here. I was just accepted and am also masterless. I see you are upset. Well you might no more than me so I was wondering if you wanted spar. I have a lightsaber that my people gave me as a gift. It would be fun to spar someone. Not everyday an opportunity like this happens. So if you wish to accept my offer i would be most grateful. Thank you. Oh yes my name is Tomak Ohara, and i am a vampire." Tomak helped Sejah up and hoped he could make a new friend and have a good start at the academy. After he helped him up he ignited his lightsaber. It was black with red streaking through the tips. He waited for Sejahs answer to his proposal.
"My blood thrist has been replaced by an even darker hunger. I shall consume your soul before this day is done" OOC: I dont mean that to you Sejah i just like the quote. Thanks toodles.

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 02:25:26 AM
Sejah eyed the newcomer warily. He knew little of the race calle dVampire, but knew of legends in his own lore, and if this new mand whas like those, he did not trust him yet. But, he would give him the benefit of the doubt, and befreind him for now.

"Sejah Hversh, good to meet you, Tomak. And, I'm a lot better with a live blade, but, sure, I supposew we could both use soe practice with these things. Make sure you've got the power turned down on that so you don't accidentally take a limb off or something; I've got mine down, too." He said, smiling a bit while whirling his lightsaber back to a ready position.

"Ready when you are. Three rules: No headshots, no groin shots, and no spitting. Other than that, I'm fair game."

(OOC- I'm presuming since you were recently given the lightsaber that you're not too great with it yet. Sejah is excellent with a real blade, but he hasn't quite got the hang of the weighless blade ont eh lightsaber yet. But don't underestimate him; the one thing he can do really well in his life is fence, so expect a hearty challenge.)

Tomak Ohara
May 31st, 2002, 09:33:14 AM
Tomak looked at Sejah and did as he was told. He turned the power down on his lightsaber till it had a faint glow. "This is gonna be fun. First time I will have ever fought with one of these. Where I come from we fight with our claws," Tomak told him,"but i suppose its now or never. Lets begin."Tomak jumped into the air and came down hard toward Sejahs right arm, but the blades weightlessness made him fall faster and Tomak barely nicked his arm, but he fell forward and stumbled. When he got back up he said, "Huh, this isn't going to be as easy as I thought. Oh yes, forgot to mention this. If you ever want to talk just come to my room.(OOC: Its the one called the room of a vampire) So then shall we continue?" Tomak readied his blade again and waited for Sejahs next move.

Sejah Haversh
May 31st, 2002, 01:32:12 PM
Sejah made a show of his awm being hurt, but in fact Tomak's blade had only grazed the thick leather of his long gloves. But he used the feeling of possibly having caued pain to distrract Tomak and swung out low and fat, sweeping at his opponent's legs, though finding that shot blocked. But, having at least decent experience witha lightsaber,a nd a lifetime of it with a real balde, he followed through with a series of other blows, fast and fierce, slamming each one into Tomak's lightsaber to test him.

Deflecting a parry made by his opponent, Sejah stabbed out straightarm and scored a tip against Tomak's shoulder. Smiling, he stepped back, "Not bad, but let's keep going." With that, he pulled his lightsaber back into a ready position and nodded for Tomak to make the first move.

Tomak Ohara
May 31st, 2002, 03:08:10 PM
Tomak jumped back and got in a ready position. "Your good. I hope you show this much promise with your master. Let me give you one tip. You were stumbling last time i saw you. Now its as though your blade is controlling yu. You arent thinking your just reacting. Continue to do that," Tomak said as he came in and got in a saber lock with Sejah. Tomak broke free and came in for a low hit to the leg and was blocked and then struck in the arm. He began to bleed some, but the wound healed shut almost instantly. He came back at Sejah. His fangs grew and his eyes glew blood red. He began to swing madly at him. Every swing missed, and Tomak collapsed to the ground and was out for some time. He came back up and shook his head. He looked at Sejahs frightened face. "I'm sorry! I did not mean to hurt you. Did I hurt you? Are you alright? I let my rage get the best of me. I must go. I will return to my room you can find me there." Tomak said. Tomak turned and left the room. His thoughts were worrisome and he felt as though he had done something wrong. He headed back to his room with clouded thoughts.

OOC: The room of a vampire is mine

Tomak Ohara
May 31st, 2002, 07:35:51 PM
Tomak came back and saw Sejah was still there. He ran up from behind him and turned on his saber and struck him in the back. "Sorry, I had to go and relax for a little. It will never happen again. So shall we resume?" Tomak said with a cocky attitude. He waited for Sejahs next move.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:18:54 PM
Sejah had heard Tomak's claws as they clacked off the floor when he walked, and took the blow to his back though he could feel it coming.

A stone-faced expression was feld on hsi visage, and the mongoose only raised his saber to a ready stance and nodded. An opponet who couldn't control his anger was not a well-disciplined one, and Sejah praised discipline in his training. "I am ready, but if you break like that agian, this spar is over." H said in an even tone, and then stepped forward, bring his saber with him an in a clean arc towards Tomak.

Their blades clashed ovv each other in parries, and the mongoose began to feel more comfortable with the lightness of his saber, and so began pulling more complex maneuvers out of his bag of tricks. Fakes, pulled blows, and body-shifting moves became Sejah's attack style of choice for the spar, and he brought his saber in fast for a blow while setting up for both a punch and kick as well.

Tomak Ohara
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:31:16 PM
Tomak blocked the punch but was unable to avoid the kick and blow. Tomak swung back and was blocked. What had happened earlier was an odd thing indeed. Sejah came by and hit Tomak right in the chest. He felt the pain just like he had felt it earlier that day. He backed up so his rage would not overtake him, "I am sorry Sejah. I have to tell you something. Watch your back. I sense evil coming after my friends. Protect yourself at all costs. I have to much on my mind, could we just sit and talk please. I have some things I would like to get off my chest....literally." Tomak walked over and sat down. He was breathing heavy and sweating profusely. The cut on his chest healed almost instantly. He looked at Sejah and said. "I have some truths I need to tell you, about my past." He waited to see if Sejah wanted to continue or sit and listen to stories.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:36:31 PM
Sejah stood in ponderance for e moment before powering down his saber and exhaling his pent-up energy form the spar.

Stowing the saber in his belt, the mongoose followed Tomak and sat down with him, nodding that it was okay.

"I have time, tell em what you'd like." he said in a comforting tone.

Tomak Ohara
Jun 17th, 2002, 02:41:30 PM
He looked Sejah in the eyes, "My past is not what you think it is. My friend, in my first one hundred years I was a horrible person. My blood thirst made me kill many. Once I killed a boy's family and he took the blade. He killed my father, and now he has become a Sith. He is hunting me down, and he will do anything to get to me. All I ask is that you be very careful. Do not let his light shroud fool you. He is more evil than you could ever imagine. He will try to hurt you. Please, be careful. That is all I ask of you. So do you have any tragedies from your past you wish to speak of?" Tomak looked at Sejah, and saw the mongoose seemed worried, scared almost. He waited to hear his tales.