PDA

View Full Version : Button or banner???

Mikhayla Tirren
May 29th, 2002, 08:24:11 PM
http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/fan_gifs/DUEL3.gif

I wanted to add this board to a starwars fan site's links page and was wondering if there was a button or anything you have specifically for that...

The site is linked below my sig, Starwars legends. Its brand new .

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/sw2.gif

Lord Gue
May 29th, 2002, 08:25:00 PM
GIRL! Your everywhere!
BTW Its me Heir Raktus

TheHolo.Net
May 29th, 2002, 08:32:49 PM
Could you please have a look at our <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51>General FAQ</a> in the Frequently Asked Questions forum? We have a limit of 30 KB for a user's signature and currently, yours is in the range of 130 KB.

Thanks.

Padd
May 29th, 2002, 08:48:16 PM
lol and I thought I was doing bad with 45k

Mikhayla Tirren
May 30th, 2002, 01:07:51 AM
waves to Gue lol then you must be too if you keep seeing me. Sorry about the sig size, you're the only board that seems to put a limit on it from the ones I've been to so far. But, can I link this board from my site? I'd like to have links to the boards that seem to be doing very well and well, lol, this one appears to be doing just that. Besides, I like the variety of forums you offer here too.

Sage Hazzard
May 30th, 2002, 01:52:20 AM
Speaking of signatures, Guey, why the sig change? What about the one I made for you? Not that I'm peeved or anything. You had it up for long enough to warrant space on my server. But if it's just additions or something you want, I can add it to the other sig. I thought it was swell. One of my best pieces of work. :)

Okay, let me address that button link question. Although I'm not an admin or anything here, I do make graphics. Plus I made the banner seen in most all the color style sets, the Anakin one. I could resize it and fiddle with it, or just make a new one, for you to use. If the "powers that be" allow me, that is. Then you can link here! Yay! What size button link are you looking for? Or would you prefer a banner? What sizes do you require? Demensions and weight. Also, what style do you want? I might be able to make something to match a motif or something. :)

PS: Although your sig size was large, it's not bad. :) For this board though, I suggest toning it down. OR, what a lot of people do is, make a text link to a page displaying your signature. In all it's glory. Also, the mysterious "Click for Sig" line is always something that I MUST click on. Gets my curiousity churning.

Lord Gue
May 30th, 2002, 02:06:11 AM
Ummm, refresh my memorie sage....
what sig was it?

Darth Viscera
May 30th, 2002, 06:43:04 AM
*puts Mik back in the telephone booth and locks it this time*

Here you are

Darth Viscera
May 30th, 2002, 06:43:36 AM
and the second one

And now you're in the 30kb limit, except for that animated sig. Can't do anything about that, GIFs are not bit efficient.

Mikhayla Tirren
May 30th, 2002, 07:15:52 AM
Thankies Viscera!!! You're a doll.

Well, how about a button that is about the same size as the one Viscera just remade for me ... the Starwars Legends one and a banner thats 468 X 60 ?

I'm hoping to learn how to make banners rotate using either a script or coding. I hope the powers that be will let ya' make one. If they do, could you send it on to starwars_legends@yahoo.com with a link so I can add it to the site???

How does one join here?

Marcus Telcontar
May 30th, 2002, 07:25:31 AM
How does one join? You just did

Rotating banner by code is dead easy - I,ve had a sig for years running with code that does exactly that. It's more the case you need a server has to support scripting or executable rights

Mikhayla Tirren
May 30th, 2002, 11:19:47 AM
:wave

Oooo okies, so I could post in the RP forum if I got the inkling too?

psh! I don't think the temporary host server I'm using has that :S

Live Wire
May 30th, 2002, 03:06:50 PM
*waves* hi new person

AmazonBabe
May 30th, 2002, 03:39:22 PM
:wave

*Echos LW's greeting.*

Hiya new person!

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2002, 03:40:37 PM
As you can see, my sig rotates. Marcus helped me with the code, so if you want banner rotation, he's da man! :)

(It only changes if you refresh. Dunno if you wanted that, or a live rotation where it just changes pics after so many seconds. I think at that point, it'd be an animation though.)

Mikhayla Tirren
May 31st, 2002, 06:13:00 PM
*Waves* Hi peoples who all said hi to me! thanks lady vader, I'll have to look into that possibility too.