PDA

View Full Version : The Awakening

Alor Seerdon
May 28th, 2002, 11:33:14 PM
Alor Seerdon opened his eyes, not knowing where he was. He was in a well lit room, on a bed. His tattered, torn, dirty clothes had been replaced by the robes of the Jedi Padawan.
In the shaddows he noticed the figure of a woman, a Jedi. He did not feel the need to ask her name, or where he was. She walked over and sat next to him, holding a letter in her hand.
"Is that my father's instructions?" Alor asked.
Alor had read the letter before his arrival at the Jedi Temple. It was given to him by his father just before his death.
It read, "This is my son, Alor Seerdon. I am not a Jedi, but I have great respect for the order and have sought to teach him in the ways of the force. If you are reading this I am dead and have failed in my task. My son will become a Jedi. Please train him."
Alor looked into the Jedi's eyes and asked,

"Are you the great One?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 29th, 2002, 10:02:52 AM
OOC~ I am going to assume that it is alright for me to post here.... I liked the set up and wasn't certain if you are waiting for someone specific but since I -am- a woman :)

IC~ "I don't know about being a "Great One" but I am a Jedi Knight. The name is Navaria Tarkin."

She looked him over and was quite pleased with the sight.

"You weren't doing so well when you were brought to us. I made sure that you were cleaned up and given proper clothing."

Navaria folded the letter back up carefully and gave it back to Alor.

"This belongs to you.... I know what it means to have something from a parent no longer with you."

Alor Seerdon
May 29th, 2002, 12:56:39 PM
Alor placed the note in his pocket. He was a bit confused. Who was this Jedi that stood before him? She was very beautiful, but she was appearantly not the great Jedi Master Xazor Dawnstrider whome he had come such a great distance to see.

"My father was bringing me to the Center when we were attacked by someone unknown to us. We tried to keep them off of our party, but failed. My father told me to run away and get to the Temple, no matter what happened to him. I saw him die.
Do you know if anyone arround here has been attacked by bounty hunters or the like?"

Alor continued, "How will I become a Jedi?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 29th, 2002, 01:40:38 PM
She had heard that there were Bounty Hunters after Luke.... but that was some time ago.

Navaria shook her head.

"No ... not recently but one can never tell with those ilk. Bounty Hunters always have an agenda or are just pawns in another's agenda.

I'm sorry about your father.... but you are safe now and that I know would please him greatly."

The Knight sensed that the young one was confused.... She searched a little deeper and a small smile crossed her face.

"I know I am not the one you seek... but in time, either she will come to you or I will bring you before her."

Then she stood up.

"As for being a Jedi. A Master shall accept you as their Padawan learner."

Xazor Elessar
May 29th, 2002, 05:42:52 PM
Xazor stepped into the Recruitment Center...feeling as though someone sought her. It was strange to feel drawn to this place, for normally she was there anyway. Smiling to herself, she spotted her friend Navaria...and another newcomer. The Knight walked toward them, her blue robes trailing on the ground behind her, and the Garou Warrior braids swinging gently with each step she took. The gold coins wove into them clanged together softly until she came to a stop close to the group.

"Greetings...I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider. Navaria...it is good to see you once again."

She bowed to the young man and her friend. Smiling brightly and exposing her elongated canines, she curiously looked the young man over. He seemed to be...searching for something...perhaps that is why she had been called there this day.

Alor Seerdon
May 29th, 2002, 08:56:47 PM
"Master Dawnstrider," Alor said, with a sence of accomplishment. He had heard so much about her, and now he finally got to meet the great warrior.
"This is a letter for you from my father, Derik Seerdon. I don't know if you know him. He is a shuttle opperator on the homeword of the Ripublic, but he used to be a student at the Jedi accademy. He decided not to become a jedi when he met my mother.
"A friend said that I was too old to be trained, but my father reminded me that even the great Master Skywalker was once considered too old."
Alor looked hopfull, for the first time since his father's death. Alor felt confused more than hateful. He did not understand who whould do such a thing, and why?

Xazor Elessar
May 29th, 2002, 09:04:20 PM
Xazor took the letter from the young man, noticing the change in his presence once she arrived. Indeed, that was why she had been drawn to the Recruitment Center this day. Smiling thoughtfully, she read it.

"This is my son, Alor Seerdon. I am not a Jedi, but I have great respect for the order and have sought to teach him in the ways of the force. If you are reading this I am dead and have failed in my task. My son will become a Jedi. Please train him."

The name of his father rung in her mind. She had met a man by that name some time ago...but she could not recall where. Looking up from her reading, her eyes met his.

"Indeed...Master Skywalker was considered too old to train...but most here seem to wave that rule of old. I was nineteen when I began here....so surely, you are not too old."

She reassured him gently. Eyeing the young man for a moment, she nodded, recalling more clearly the man she had met who was his father...but where? The question would bother her until she found out.

"You wish to become a Jedi...but for yourself, or for your father?"

It was important that the one who wished to join was doing it because they truly had the desire in their heart...and it was not just the wish of another. The life was not easy...and she hoped he realized that. His heart was pure, though...it was something she could sense in him.

Alor Seerdon
May 30th, 2002, 10:19:31 AM
"I wish to become a Jedi because it is something that I have always wanted." Alor said this with detrmination, knowing that his life long dream was about to come true.
Alor could not believe that he was here in the presence of such great warriors.
Alor noticed Xazor's lightsaber hanging on her belt. He couldn't wait to use one himself, but that would have to wait. Patience is a virtue, not a curse.
"Master", Alor continued, "My father was a noble man, and I respect his wished. He acctually discouraged me from becoming a Jedi because of the hard life that it brings. But when he found out how determined I was, he did his best to make my dream come true." Alor's eyes were full of hope, and it showed by the way the Force fueled his desire. The question now was, would he be trained, and if so, would he become a Jedi? He would shortly find out that his journey was worth the long journey.

Xazor Elessar
May 30th, 2002, 08:09:51 PM
Xazor smiled gently.

"Indeed, your cause is very noble. I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. We have several Masters and Knights...but they are unable to train because of other committments. If you wish, you may join the Force class in the Academy. Make yourself at home and don't be afraid to ask questions of anyone!"

She said with excitement. She could feel his joy too, and it was good to see him so happy.

Navaria Tarkin
May 30th, 2002, 08:23:40 PM
"And I welcome you too to the Order young one."

She nodded to Xazor.

"Considering the person who you sought is here, I shall leave you now.... Since everything is in order."

Navaria bowed to them both and silently made her departure.

Alor Seerdon
May 30th, 2002, 10:07:37 PM
"Thank you for your time and attention Master Dawnstrider" Alor said.
"I hope to see you in the Force class."
Alor bowed to the Master and waited for her to dismiss him before he made his way to the Force class.

Xazor Elessar
May 31st, 2002, 03:55:59 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

"You are quite welcome. I too hope to see you there. May the Force be with you...."

She said softly. Turning, she followed Navaria out of the Recruitment Center.