PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!! Today Is The Best Day Ever!

JonathanLB
May 28th, 2002, 10:28:03 PM
LAKERS LOSE!!

I had to say that. The Lakers SUCK. I hate them, I hate their fans, and their city stinks of pollution and arrogance. GO KINGS!!!

Bibby is the man, Shaq has no skills at all. If I were his height and weight, I'd be so much better. At least I hit my free throws, and I don't even play much bball. That loser.

KINGS RULE, this series should be over now because the Kings won game 4, oh gee, except for that 3 at the buzzer in the FIRST half that never should have counted, but the Lakers pay the refs enough to count it anyway. Losers. They can't even win when they cheat, lol.

Cirrsseeto Quez
May 28th, 2002, 10:39:11 PM
Awesome!

Darth23
May 28th, 2002, 11:23:01 PM
Ew.

I'm cheering for the same team as Jon.

Ew.

:p

The Lakers are a great team and very dangerous. They made the mistake tonight of trying to rely ONLY on Jorda- er Kobe at the end. With Fox and Hory and some of their other players, they have the ability to come up with a clutch shot with more people.

dbn
May 29th, 2002, 03:39:40 AM
Happy am I to see the Kings win...yes..mmmmmm!

These last 5 games ROCKED!
the last two coming down to one point for each team..WOW!!
This next game is going to be a heart attack game to watch. I just hope the Kings don't blow another 20+ lead next game;)

JonathanLB
May 29th, 2002, 04:37:52 AM
Haha, dang the Lakers were *THAT* CLOSE to losing the entire series. If not for Horry's desperation shot and horrible officiating combined, they would be goners now. They really should be considering themselves lucky, not "unlucky" to be down 3-2. They are just the luckiest b@$tards ever to be playing still. The Kings recovered well from having their game stolen from them, I must admit.

This series must be one of the greatest ever in basketball, I'd say top 10 to 20 anyway surely...

As such, though, I predict Lakers will win game 6. I will be shocked if the Lakers lose on their home floor and lose 4-2, but I guess it could happen, haha.

Darth23, that hurts man! lol.

jjwr
May 29th, 2002, 06:45:36 AM
I'm not a fan of either team, Lakers were getting totally hosed last night with Fouls, they shot 1 free throw in the first half versus the 15 or so from the Kings? Come on, when the refs finally started calling it both ways the game got good. Thats one of the things I hate most about the NBA is the refs, they call the lamest fouls and are never consistent with them. Heck I wish they'd call traveling every now and then.

Lakers are fun to watch but they've become a 2 dimensional team, Fox and Horry are good but can't handle the team when the others are down.

Shaq.....he's better than you think, theres more to him than just being huge, I've played a lot of center in my basketball life and let me tell you the guys definetly got game. If it was all size then George Muresan, Rik Smits, etc would have been a lot better than they were.

Sadly I don't care for the Kings too much either, they remind me of the Yankee's, so totally full of themselves. Divac is a joke, the guy flops at a stiff breeze then whines at the other end when he fouls someone and thinks its clean. Webber's got a permanent "who gave me sour milk face" he seems to get that face over everything, just shut your trap and play the game.

I'm not even gonna try and spell his name but Pedra(guy that came back from ankle injury) is very good, awesome clutch shooter, ditto with Bibby. Bibby was wasted in Vancouver but definetly found his calling. As much as I dislike some of them they're a very dangerous team, so many good shooters.

Thats probably the Lakers biggest problem now, at the end with Shaq gone they had only 2 real big offensive threats, Kobe and Fox and it just wasn't enough.

CMJ
May 29th, 2002, 07:26:19 AM
Well the Lakers *should* have won Game 2 if you wanna split hairs. They threw that game away. I am very pleased the series is tilted in the Kings favor..I hope they win, but it is the Lakers and I'm not gonna count them out.

"This series must be one of the greatest ever in basketball, I'd say top 10 to 20 anyway surely... "

Until the series goes SEVEN games, don't even mention it in a "best ever" sentence. ;)

dbn
May 29th, 2002, 03:36:48 PM
I was watching espn last night, and they were saying the team that won game five have a 83% chance of winning the series:)

JonathanLB
May 29th, 2002, 04:58:30 PM
Doesn't need to go 7 to be one of the greatest ever. The Kings could pull one of sports' biggest upsets with a victory over the Lakers in game 6, and that would make it one of the 20 best series' ever for sure.

CMJ, I'm not talking "should have won" as in they shouldn't have blown it, i.e. like the Blazers SHOULD have won game 3 if not for two great threes by the Lakers. I'm talking the Kings DID WIN GAME FOUR!!! They won that game, but it was inappropriately given to the Lakers as a win. If you watched the game, and let's say the officiating doesn't even matter just for the sake of argument (although it was totally against the Kings), then the three at the buzzer in the first half was still NEVER good! Regardless of anything else in the game, that shot didn't count. So the Kings still won the game by 2 points, but because a basket was counted that didn't occur during the 48 minutes of play, the Lakers got credit for a game they lost. It's that simple. There is nothing more to explain, there is no argument about it. The Kings won. The refs awarded the game to the Lakers anyway, though. I wasn't talking about the Kings blowing their lead and me, as a fan (which I am not a fan of the Kings), saying, "Oh gee they should have won!" No, literally they should have won according to how many points were scored in regulation. In regulation, the Kings had 2 more points than the Lakers, but the scorers incorrectly added 3 to the Lakers' score and that awarded the game to the wrong team. That is just a FACT. Look at the tape and his fingers are touching the ball with 0.00 on the clock in half one, yet the shot went in and they scored it.

It's all moot, though, Kings are up 3-2 and have a chance to finish this off even though it should have already ended 4-1.

I don't think the Yankees have an arrogant attitude at all, they are just a confident baseball team because they are the best baseball team. They always have been, they always will be. Yankees rule the game of baseball. Other teams can have their occassional good years, but the Yankees own the league and rightfully so. :)

I don't think the Kings are arrogant at all, haha, nor would they have a right to be. But I don't like the Kings very much either. There are too many players on their team that I dislike, yet I hate the Lakers far worse. The guy's name is PEJA Stojakovich, although his first name can also be fully spelled out to "Predrag," which is pretty gay, sounds like PRE-drag, before drag, so I guess he will become "drag" at some point and then "postdrag," apparently. You couldn't have a worse name than that. Foreigners really have weirdo names, lol. God bless America, we actually have names that you can pronounce. Jeez. Joe Smith, Chris Webber, Michael Jordan, NORMAL names. lol.

"Hey my name is Hedo Turgoloo or whatever because I forget how to spell my last name." "Wassup Hedo homie?! What's crakin' cracker?!"

The Kings are like a foreign team playing on U.S. soil, and they are going to win our championship, but that's ok, I'd rather have them do it than the stinking Lakers. Rick Fox is Al Qaeda's official representative here in the United States. He is great friends with Mr. Laden, lol, or at least he looks and acts like a terrorist.

CMJ
May 29th, 2002, 06:06:13 PM
I don't think the Kings winning would qualify as one of the greatest upsets in history. It's a big upset...yes...but not THAT big. I mean they did win more games in the regular season.

Biggest upset in the NBA that I can think of is the year Denver took out Seattle in the first round(like '94 I think). Seattle had the best record in the league that year and the Nuggets were an EIGTH seed(I'm not even sure if they had a winning record)! Talk about upsets....

jjwr
May 29th, 2002, 06:24:16 PM
Kings winning this series isn't exactly one of the biggest upsets.....Kings going into the series Ranked #1 with the best record in the NBA doesn't exactly lend to them being underdogs.

They'll probably win the series, its not really a upset, Lakers are two time defending champions but Kings are a very good team and most likely better than the Lakers.

Theres too much variation in a game to say the halftime basket not counting would have automatically lost the Lakers the game. yes that 3 pointer wouldn't have counted. But say they make the corect call, going into halftime Lakers are down 3 more and really know they need to turn it up. Without that 3 maybe they come out of the half and do even better and win the game without need the last second 3 by Horry. Its one of those time paralax thingy's....its like saying the Celtics would have one Mondays game if Pierce hadn't missed a shot in the 2nd quarter.

Yankee's.....best team money can buy, simple as that and thats the problem with Baseball. Until baseball corrects all its huge problems then it'll continue to be a joke. NBA and NFL are prospering, selling out stadiums left and right while MLB games are getting ignored by a ton of people and are loaded with empty seats. Before the season begins you can eliminate at least half the teams, a few will suprise but for the most part the list will be accurate. MLB needs a salary cap and owners/players who have a clue.

Yankee's are one of the best teams, with that kind of payroll they better be.

CMJ
May 29th, 2002, 06:33:31 PM
Yep, I've been saying for at least 10 years that baseball needs a salary cap. It seems to be getting worse...the sport will die if they don't come to their senses.

JonathanLB
May 29th, 2002, 06:39:46 PM
It would suck if there was a salary cap, then the Yankees wouldn't be able to win almost every year. That would just blow! lol, seriously. I love seeing the Yankees dominate. It's something you can count on nearly every year.

Well the Kings were still never given a chance in this series, so that would be like saying that if TPM had beaten Titanic, it wouldn't have been an upset because "after all, Star Wars is the biggest box office series ever," or something like that. Nah it'd still be an upset if TPM had beat Titanic, for sure.

The Lakers beat the Kings 3 out of 4 during the season if I remember correctly, TWICE in Arco and once in LA, they lost one game in LA too.

I agree the Denver upset was by far one of the biggest, hehe, yeah Seattle really blew it there. Jesus.

Jedi Master Carr
May 29th, 2002, 07:26:53 PM
I agree CMJ the other teams can't compete great example in football Packers (Who play in small Green Bay) and the Kansas City Chiefs both can compete and can even win the SB but in Baseball the KC Royals and Milwaukee Brewers have basically no chance. That is just not fair and I wish they would have a salary cap there is no other way. Also its not good for the game for one team dominate all the time, I wouldn't want my Sox to dominate all the time it just would't be right or good for the game.