PDA

View Full Version : To Every Captive Soul: Silent Shadow (Completed)

Taylor Millard
May 28th, 2002, 07:46:54 PM
The man stood amoungst crowd, attempting to enjoy the party. In reality he was giving the governor little credit...it was a good social gathering. From the invitation of the new governor, Ford Mironat, he was here to show solidarity between the Empire and Omar Prime.

EVen if Omar Prime is allready under our rule.

Grand Admiral Taylor Millard stood, accepting a glass of champagne from the Human waiter who walked as if a spine was up his back. He sipped the drink, wishing it was congac or brandy. Anything with more flavor, he wished.

His usual companion, Vice Admiral Serena Laran, was not present...dealing with a New Republic incusion near Kivvit V. A small group of Mon Calamari Cruisers had jumped out of hyperspace, then fired upon the TIE Fighters who'd attempted to make contact with group. Millard had sent Laran to destroy the Cruisers, ending the lives of the pathetic Rebels who'd rebelled years ago. She was to take prisoners though.

Millard wished her luck, not only as his second-in-command, but as her friend as well. He shook his head, sighing as he slipped through crowd. He was very quickly discovering he enjoyed his non-Imperial work than his Imperial work. He enjoyed his rank, and loved his Empire...but the Imperial Grand Admiral had begun almost enjoying using the Force again. It was a tool for him to use, and he used it when he needed to. Indeed, Millard enjoyed his membership in The Black Hand...But he missed the cockpit of his missile boat.

Taylor passed by a blond woman, nodding to her as he passed by. His Force senses told him she was slightly nervous, but it could have been from being amoungst the presence of the dignitaries all around.

Walking up the red carpetted stairs, Millard marvelled at the sight of all the art around him. He was tempted to ask Governor Mironat if he could purchase one of two, for his own collection on The Superior. The red silk covering the white pillars signified Mironat's ascension to governorship, the yellow on the walls signified the unity of the people. A white griffin, holding a fish signified the conquering of the Omarians over the Tiimaraks years past, before the Empire. Before the Old Republic. But next to the Red and yellow was the purple, blue, and black of the Empire. It fit, and Millard liked it there.

Millard shook hands with Mironat, smiling as they took hands.

"Congratulations on your victory, Governor Mironat. I wish you luck in governing Omar Prime. The Empire is pleased at your people's choice."

In reality, it was not much of a choice. Most anti-Imperials had fled when Millard had begun commanding the Guild Sector. Going against a man trained by Grand Admiral Thrawn either meant the spice mines or death. The elections on Omar Prime were a farce, everyone knew it, but no one did a thing about it. No one wanted to.

"Thank you, Admiral Millard. I lookd forwards to ruling this fair planet. Now...feel free to enjoy the rest of the festival. It will be a spectacular showing."

Millard nodded in agreement, then turned back towards the ballroom watching the rest of the crowd as it partied.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 28th, 2002, 09:17:53 PM
Art.

It was her life; her way of living at times, and Loklorien s'Ilancy would not argue the fact. She knew it was true, and was even proud of her fascination of the visual mediums. Her own collection of paintings was quite extensive, and while she found herself more often than not dealing in diamonds, she always went back to; in her opinion, the more elegant side of expression.

Yes, music was nice and she enjoyed it immensely; in fact she herself had a large collection of datadiscs full of arias, symphonies, operas, and any other manner of classical music she could find, but it was drawing and painting that captivated her.

And it was her love of the medium that dictated her lifestyle.

Over her 29 years in this galaxy, she'd gone all over the spectrum of underhanded dealings, and had the scars to prove it. She'd gone from spice smuggling to industrial espionage. She had her own code of ethics, though, that she excercised at certain times. She never dealt with slavers and she didn't shoot law enforcrement officials. That was not to say she had her own personal demons to wrestle with. She still fought an unending need for the occasional hit of Liquid Silver, a dangerous hyperstimulant that had drastic side effects.

The most prominant of her inner demons though, was her innate fear of lightsabers. She was terrified of them, and did her best to keep herdistance from them. The root of her fear blazed a vertical trail from the top of her neck to her midsection, and had been the cause of her death eight years prior. And now, much to her consternation, she had a new scar; this one intersecting the first in a horizontal path across her midriff to form an inverted capital T.
She bore the two lightsaber scars as a constant; if not sometimes painful reminder of her past naiveties.

Now however, Lok; or as most people merely called her, s'Il, found herself always searching for new challenges. She'd come to see her occupation less as a way to deepen her bank accounts, but more as a personal challenge; a way to constantly push herself to the limits.

And that was what brought her to Omar Prime.

s'Il's small body fit easily through the main ventilation system of the Capitol Building on Omar Prime, and the thermoptic suit she constantly used on these sorties fit snug on her body, accenting her curves and providing her a wide range of movements. It was an investment she'd been more than glad to purchase, and over the years it had proved invaluable.

Her movements were calculated, measured, and expertly carried out as she carefully wove through the security grids littering the premisis.

She dropped from an overhead air duct, landing silently on the glossy marble floor of one of the upper gallery hallways, and stopped all of her motion, letting the suit compensate and madk her body. I'f she remained still, she would be invisible, but if she made any other movement the field would distort, causing a somewhat reflective blur, so to speak.

As she observed her surroundings, s'Il slid quickly to one side, her mind running over her plans.

Her destination was on the top floor; her target; a small yet priceless painting depicting a young woman and an unknown Alderaanian creature. It was dated back hundreds of thousands of years before the planet was destroyed, and s'Il wanted it. To her, the intrinsic value alone was enough for her to come after it.

Well, up she had to go, and up she went. Stalking towards the nearest lift, she waited patiently for the first empty one, and stepped in. A minute later she was standing atop the lift in the shaft, and unholstering an ascension gun, aimed it upwards. She pulled the trigger, and the lines shot out, zipping up to lodge itself frimly around a support beam.

As she felt her feet lift off, she couldn't help the smile that graced her feature beneath her headgear. This would definately be a challenge; and it would be very fun.

Taylor Millard
May 28th, 2002, 11:53:08 PM
What was that? something twinged Taylor as he began walking from the governor. He paused, then felt the twinge again.

Must be my head, messing with me.

Millard began walking up the redcarpetted, marble stairway towards the gallery. If there was one thing the Omarians were...it was lavishness.

He ran a hand along the dark oak doorframe of the gallery, then felt the twinge again.

Someone's inside.

His black lightsaber slipped out from under his belt as he slipped into the darkened room. He slowly made his way through the gallery, towards where he heard the noise. Someone was inside.

Silently, he moved where he heard the noise. It was then he saw the figure hanging from the chords to the ceiling. THey were trying to steal the artwork, Millard had planned to buy.

Without thinking, The Dark Jedi activated his lightsaber, then threw it into the chords sending the thief to the ground.

"Thievery is illegal you know," he smirked as he watched the thief squirm.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 29th, 2002, 01:14:36 PM
She had accounted for everything; the guests were all milling about and socializing in the lower levels, and the security gaurds' patrol patterns had been memorized.

The thin cord attaching her to the anchor in the vent above her prize was stretched tight, and her movements were smooth, swift, and controlled as she lowered herself upside down to the painting as it sat on its pedastal.

s'Il had her arm out, reaching for the painting when she heard the snap-hiss of a lightsaber being ignited, and her muscles froze. The sound of it as it sailed through the air assaulted her ears, and before she knew what was happening, she was falling to the ground.

s'Il hit the polished tile with a painful thud and rolled to the side; behind the display stand and out of sight to whoever had thrown the lightsaber. She quickly calmed herself, taking deep breaths to slow her heart beat. With a glance up, she made sure the cord was still there, and entertained the thought simply grabbing the painting and shimmying up what was left of the cord and into the duct.

"Thievery is illegal you know."

Thankfully her headgear hadn't been damaged, and with a quick motion peeked her head out to look at...... an Imperial grand admiral???

Surely it couldn't have been him who threw the saber, but she soon put that thought to the back of her mind as she began to think of a way out of the situation.

"And you," she answered him, while thinking of an escape, "are a figment of my imagination; and I'm going to ignore you in the hopes that you'll go away."

Taylor Millard
May 29th, 2002, 07:37:17 PM
Millard supressed a smile, as well as his shock. A woman? It was certain a woman could indeed be an art thief. And Millard was quite certain this was a woman who stared back at him, the shock reververating through the Force as he sensed her shock. As well as...

A bit of disgust. She indeed did not expect to be caught.

"I wonder, my lady thief," he spoke conversationally, an odd smile on his face, "If the governor's security guards came up here, if simply ignoring them would cause them to disappear. It would certainly be an interesting sight to see."

A quick move and he was infront of her, "No my dear, I am quite real...and quite present in your own reality.

"Now as for the lightsaber," The Dark Jedi said, "I believe it fell here," he called it into his hand, then clipped it to his belt.

"You have indeed chosen a beautiful painting to remove from the governor's possession. I was considering purchasing it from Governor Mironat.

"Bourblazt was an artist I have a particular fondness for. It is almost a shame he died in poverty after losing his assets to the Alderaanian government."

His cold blue eyes gazed at the lovely painting, still resting in it's glass housing.

"So...what shall I do with you, Madame Thief? And who are you?"

Raising a hand, and using the Force, he began lifting the headgear from s'Ilancy's head.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 29th, 2002, 09:04:15 PM
The moment s'Il felt her headgear move, her hands shot up to stop it from rising over her eyes. She rolled to the side once more and rose to a kneeling position, still holding the visor and all of its extraneous wiring in place while rising slowly to her feet.

She put the pedastal between her and the stranger. That he was a grand admiral was one thing; that he had Force abilities and carried a lightsaber was quite another.

She listened as he spoke; just the way he talked made it seem as though he carefully calculated every one of his words. At times s'Il was able to put off the same air, but unfortunately, now was not one of those times.

"I'm a meat popsicle," she snapped at him, starting to slowly back away.

This was just going from bad to worse; she had to get out of here..... and soon. She would get the painting at another time. s'Il was a patient woman when it came to certain things, and this was most definitely one of them.

Taylor Millard
May 29th, 2002, 11:19:25 PM
"A meat popsicle?" One of Millard's brown eyebrows lifted in question, "No my dear, I do not believe you are a meat popsicle."

The pedestal inbetween he and the woman slowly moved out of the way as Millard advanced. A smile came upon his face as Taylor walked forward.

s'Ilancy tripped against another pedestal, causing a vase to fall towards a ground. Using the Force, Millard caught it then set it back on the stand.

"No sense in alerting the guards correct? Now...who are you?"

The woman was suddenly brought up into the air, as The Dark Jedi caught her up in the Force, lifting her off of the ground.

The goggles again began slipping from her head, slowly revealing her identity to the inquisitive Grand Admiral.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 12:56:26 AM
s'Il could do nothing as she was lifted into the air, and she glared at the man. The visor lifted up over her head to reveal her metallic eyes, and they glinted with pure malice as she locked eyes with him.

"Oh, so you have to resort to the Force I see," she growled, "Very manly of you."

She could do nothing now; stuck in this man's Force hold. "I'm surprised; why not alert the guards?" she avoided his question of who she was. "I mean, it would be quite the catch, no?"

Her metallic eyes radiated complete hatred as she stared down at him. This was not the position she wanted to be in; at the mercy of an Imperial Grand Admiral; and a Force user at that.

If he knew her, he knew her; if he didn't, all the more better for her. She didn't know how "infamous" within the Imperial network she was, nor did she care. Even if they had a file on her, she didn't care. s'Il did what she wanted, and didn't care what others thought. That was just the way she lived.

And now, staring down at an Imperial Grand Admiral who apparently possessed Force powers; and a lightsaber.

Taylor Millard
May 30th, 2002, 01:10:13 AM
"Unfortunately my dear," Millard ignored her obvious jab at his manhood, "I fear I mustn't engage in hand to hand combat with you. As we both know, there is a celebration going on downstairs, and it would be rude for me to show up with a ripped uniform."

He began setting her down on the floor, still keeping her body in place a he viewed her. She indeed was pretty, bit of a sarcastic air to her. He sensed anger in her, most of it directed at him for her current predicament.

"The guards though are quite focussed with their duty of protecting the new governor. It would be unwise to keep them from their duty.

"From what I see," The Imperial Grand Admiral began walking around s'Ilancy, staring at her metallic eyes, "You do not pose any kind of threat to the governor. You are, as I am as well, interested in the art in his extensive collection.

"Tell me, while we have time. Why this particular painting? What makes it so wonderful to you that you have to have it?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 05:27:03 AM
s'Il stood; anchored to the ground as he paced around her. His words seemed to pass through her as she stared straight ahead, gritting her teeth.

There was no way she would tell him she owned the one painting that made Bourblazt famous after his death: Rising Sun of Alderaan. It hung elegantly above the wall behind her desk in her office aboard her ship, The Rascal King, and she was immensely proud of it. This small painting was the companion piece to the larger piece in her office; the partner to it, and she wanted it.

Her mind mulled over the thought, but s'Il said nothing to the man, instead glaring at him as he made his circuit around her. She had to find a way out of here; she just had to.

s'Il tensed an arm, trying to move it up and out, but it did no good. She was being held in place and there was nothing she could do.

"I don't know," she lied to his inquiry, "lucky pick I guess."

s'Il wanted to bolt; to move; to do anything to get away, but whenever she tried to move she couldn't, and cussing quite the mighty blue streak as she let her eyes fall to the ground. "So what are you waiting for; turn me in. Don't waste your time with me. I'm sure you; a Grand Admiral, has much more important things to do than deal with someone like me."

She cast a look once more up at the cords hanging overhead, then quickly looked to the ground again, her mind working overtime furiously. There was nothing more that she wanted than to get away from this man; of course his lightsaber did not help the matter. She was terrified of it, but kept her cool as best as she could, though she was starting to lose the battle. It was evident in how her fingers started to shake.

Her fists clenched, and she set her jaw, refusing to speak anymore. If this man wanted anything from her, he'd have to work for it, because she wasn't about to give it.

Taylor Millard
May 30th, 2002, 06:51:14 PM
"What do I want? The painting you wanted to steal. It is a once-in-a-lifetime painting, something you, as a thief, must know about once-in-a-lifetime opportunities."

He slowly began loosening his Force hold on s'Ilancy's body, allowing movement to her arms.

"Now," his voice held a slight edge, "Do not lie to me. You would not want the painting if you did not know its significance. It is one of the last surviving artifacts from Alderaan, worth countless amout of credits. Certainly you could sell it and go off on a vacation to wherever you want to go. You would be set..."

The Dark Jedi got an odd look in his blue eyes, as if he was sensing something else from the smuggler/thief.

"No..no...you want to keep the painting for yourself don't you?" Millard smiled as he sent a stare into the metallic eyes of s'Ilancy, "Yes...you do. How interesting...a thief who is interested in the finer things in life. Something rarely seen these days.

"So, tell me Madam Thief, where is this painting going to go? Next to another ornate display of art and wonderment?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 08:05:02 PM
s'Il stared up at him, and with her arms now able to move, she crossed them over her chest. That he had drawn out from her the fact that she rarely; if ever sold her 'acquisitions' surprised her, and it showed in her eyes. Yes, she had in her possession countless paintings from all over the galaxy, and each one was worth a fortune in its own right, but she was not interested in their monetary value; it was their artist values that held and captivated her.

And the painting she was after tonight was something that she wanted very badly. She'd seen holos of it; always fascinated in it's style and strokes. Just the visual feel of it was enough to stop the casual passerby and almost command them to gaze at it for a few minutes. It seemed to her that the girl and the creature depicted would come to life at any moment, and that was what drew her to it.

"It'll go where I want it to," was all she offered, coming back to her present situation, her tone of voice deathly quiet. "What I do with my goods is my business; not yours."

She continued the 'staring contest' that the two seemed to had started, not backing down even though it took a lot to calm the fear spreading through her.

"But, I will tell you this. I think you should go back down to that little shindig downstairs and forget I was here. In fact, you know what would be better? If you left planetside altogether. Just go back up to your precious fleets and do whatever the frell it is guys like you do. It's better for me, it's better for you, and no one loses anything."

s'Il stopped then, and looked to the painting she had come here for. "Well....... almost no one..... I mean, you don't expect me to walk the frack out of here emptyhanded do you?"

Her tone and words were sarcastic, and she had no qualms about telling him what she thought to his face. She had no need for protocol and etiquette, and therefore addressed him frankly. With the exception of her name. That she would not tell him.

s'Il glared daggers at him, gritting her teeth and waiting for the hold on her body to let up. A small idea started forming at the back of her mind, but she didn't bring it to the forefront of her attention; if he could read that she collected the artwork she pilfered, then he would most definitely read what she was planning.

And so, pushing that thought to the back of her mind, she began concentrating on something else. Notes popped into her head; a concerto she'd been listening to on her way down to the planet earlier today, and she focused on the melody, letting it run through her mind. Piano intertwined with other string instruments to form a seemless movement through her thoughts, and even began to calm her nerves.

All the while though, she didn't take her eyes from his. The 'staring contest' was still very much going on.

Taylor Millard
May 30th, 2002, 10:44:40 PM
"Forget you?" Millard was a bit suprised by his honesty, "No no my dear, I'm afraid I cannot. After all you did break into the palace of the new governor of Omar Prime, and attempt to steal a priceless work of art- which was destined for my own art collection.

"You're welcome to attempt to steal the artwork from Balmorra, but I highly recommend you not do that."

Millard kept his own stare on s'Ilancy as he moved closer and closer to her. Taylor smiled as the two kept in contact through their eyes.

"You're getting a far off look in your face, my dear. I wonder, is your mind really focussing on what is going on around you?"

With that, he slowly raised his right hand up to the creme colored cheek and stroked it.

"Are you indeed paying attention?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 11:05:09 PM
The music still playing in her head, s'Il watched as he approached, a bit taken aback as well when he reached out to touch her cheek.

The concerto flowing in her thoughts reached a crescendo, and a sly grin played out across her features. "Then perhaps Balmorra will be my next stop......

"Unless of course you can stop me tonight."

Her own hand reached up, but instead of making to remove his, she felt behind her neck for the thermoptic suit's activator, and pushed it while in the same motion lowering her headgear with the other hand.

And then she disappeared. On moment she was before him, then next it seemed as though she'd vanished into thin air.

s'Il hoped the surprise would be eoungh to startle him into releasing his Force hold on her. She was still very much standing before him, but as long as she stood stock still, her suit worked at it's peak.

And the concerto played on.

Taylor Millard
May 30th, 2002, 11:30:11 PM
What the...? Millard allowed a moment of suprise to take him...and she was lost.

He sensed her presence, but could not see her body. Allowing his senses to take over, the Dark Jedi pursued the presence up through the duct as she attempted to escape.

The tight space caused Taylor to go a little bit slower than he wished, but with the Force as his tool...he was able to keep the thief in his senses.

Music began playing in his own head, as the Imperial Grand Admiral tracked the woman through the vents to the roof. An opera, much like the one he'd seen performed on this very planet. A low melodious soprano and tenor duet with orchestral accompaniment flowed in Millard's brain.

It was not a regular function for the grand admiral to have music in his head, but it helped him focus, and also helped feed his surrender to the Force.

He exitted onto a high, flat roof. Completely perfect for someone to escape, or arrive with a painting. Throwing his cold blue eyes both left and right, Millard reached out with the Force...Then pounced.

"Oof!" he felt the weight below him as he slammed into an invisible body, then watched as it morphed into the woman he was seeking. The goggle slid across the roof, separated from the rest of the bodysuit.

"Stop you tonight? I believe I have caught you now correct?" his blue eyes glowed as he gazed into hers.

"Now...what shall I do with you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2002, 11:54:49 PM
s'Il hit the ground hard, taken completely by surprise by his attack, and the air was expelled from her lungs in a painful whuufffff when she landed.

The concerto that had been weaving its tentacle through her head was broken off abruptly.

"You damn mynock sniffer," s'Il cursed, pinned to the ground beneath him. The distortion field of her suit died completely, and she swore once more.

As much as she struggled, it was no use. He dwarfed her, and he had not only the advantage of weight, but the Force as well. "Get the frell off me!"

It was then that she felt the cold metal of his lightsaber, and in that instant lost all control as it touched her. Panic gripped her entire body and she threw her head back in a desperate attempt to get away.

Frack frack frack frack frack frack frack.....

Her thoughts strayed to Khendon; the only other Imperial she'd known that carried a lightsaber, but the fear quickly engulfed her again as the saber brushed up against her for a second time.

"Get.......off.........me.........." she managed to growl, though it was less of a growl than a plea, and she closed her eyes, gritting her teeth to try and control her emotions while still thrashing madly.

Taylor Millard
May 31st, 2002, 12:02:03 AM
Pain...horror...she's scared, Millard sensed her thoughts as he held the woman down. He caught her memory of the lightsaber scarring, then suddenly let up.

He stared at her, "Madame...I did not know you had a friendship with Vice Diktat Khendon. Nor did I know about your fear of lightsabers.

"I would have used a blaster," his tone softned immediately, "But Omar Prime does not allow them at official functions."

The Imperial Grand Admiral let her up, but quickly warned her, "If you attempt escape, I will stop you.

"Now...who are you. Do not lie, I will know. And what is your relationship to the Vice Diktat?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 31st, 2002, 12:11:47 AM
s'Il stood, her body still shaking as she turned away from him, hugging herself in the hopes that it would alleviate her fear. The cool breeze that touched her face was welcomed with a few greedy deep breaths to further slow her heartrate.

She looked up at the stars; Gods but they're beautiful, she mused.

The sound of his boot lightly crunching the sparse gravel cover of the roof brought her back to reality, and she hung her head; but only for a few seconds. Squaring her shoulders, s'Il turned back to face him, her metallic eyes quickly returning to their normal glint.

She had nothing to lose now; might as well go down with the ship. "Loklorien s'Ilancy....." she paused, trying to find a way to explain Khendon, "Khendon Sevon and I were....involved some time ago."

She stared at him, wondering what his reaction would be.

Taylor Millard
May 31st, 2002, 12:21:33 AM
"I see," Millard nodded at her revelation of the relationship between the smuggler and the vice diktat.

He snorted a semi-laugh, then took her hand, "Grand Admiral Taylor Millard at your service Madame s'Ilancy. It appears we have met under...odd circumstances.

"I do not condone your attempt to steal the painting, but you are right, it is one of a kind piece. It is certainly not something lost on myself...or you as it would see."

He sighed as he put his lightsaber out of her sight, back into the hidden leather container behind his uniform back.

"The stars are a lovely sight aren't they? On Omar Prime, they have some of the loveliest sites to see. The same goes for the festivals they have here as well.

"Have you ever seen one here?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 31st, 2002, 12:41:20 AM
s'Il pulled her hand away slowly, unsure of what to do. "I don't want you to condone my actions," she muttered, casting cursory glances about the rooftop for her headgear, and spotting it, she ambled to where the machinery lay.

Kneeling, she picked it up carefully, turning it over in her hands and inspecting it. "Frell," s'Il grumbled, finding a spot where the casing had split when it hit the graveled roof.

Rising to stand, she looked back at the Grand Admiral as she tucked the headgear carefully beneath her arm. She tilted her head to the side, confused that he would ask her if she'd ever been to a festival on Omar Prime. "No, I haven't. This is my first time here."

Her face became serious then, and her eyes narrowed. "What are you going to do with me; it seems I can't outrun you, you're most definately stronger than I, and you have an added advantage of the Force. I'm thrice damned."

She examined him, the way he held himself, his voice and mannerisms, but still found herself edging away at a miniscule pace.

Taylor Millard
May 31st, 2002, 07:42:35 AM
"Mm, that's a shame you haven't been to any," Millard mused as he noticed s'Ilancy's slight movement. He ran a hand over his chin, appearing to think for a few seconds.

"I think," he spoke after a short time, "What's best to do with you is I turn my back and you disappear. Do not return to the gallery though, as I will report discovering a break-in but nothing stolen."

The Imperial Grand Admiral kept thinking for another minute, then continued, "I would not depart this planet tonight though, but tomorrow at some point. With the report of a break-in, the Omarian Security will be looking for anything that would be suspicious. You taking off now would be a cause of concern, and you would be stopped. Were there any contraband on your ship..." he trailed off letting the obvious sink in.

"I think the best thing to do would be to get a room in the city, stay the night, and then leave in the morning. Do you agree?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 31st, 2002, 05:07:05 PM
s'Il was torn. That painting had been the whole reason for her coming to this planet; Omar Prime wasn't a place she really considered worth stopping at; nor was it one of her normal watering holes. Of course there was the one exception - The Karidha.

She would not leave the planet without it. It was as simple as that. However, it seemed patience was something that would be needed in this particular case.

Listening as Millard spoke, she raised her eyebrows, but said nothing. If he wanted to let her go, she wasn't going to argue with him.

"Fine, I'll leave."

She had to fix her broken headgear as it was; it'd do no good in the future if it didn't work.

Moving to pace along the edge of the rooftop, she spied a balcony jutting out, about twenty feet below her, and a whole series of them littering the entire wall. Pursing her lips, s'Il made sure the headgear was secure in her arm as she turned on her heel to look at the Grand Admiral.

"Enjoy your painting while you can, sir," was all she said, a cryptic smile flashing briefly for a few seconds before disappearing.

In a single smooth motion she'd jumped back and into the open air to fall to the balcony below. She landed in a crouch, and proceeded to hop from one balcony to the other before vanishing into the night.

She had no intention of renting a room; she'd stay on her ship, fixing her broken gear and preparing for her next attempt; be it a week or two weeks before once more trying to get the painting. That was how badly she wanted it; she'd go to any lengths to place it on the wall of her office; next to it's much larger partner.

s'Il stalked through the city, heading in the direction of the starport.

Taylor Millard
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:32:28 PM
Millard watched her disappear, then turned back towards the door leading back to the party.

Loklorien s'Ilancy, he thought as he began dusting off his uniform, By far an interesting woman. She's straight thinking, telling you what she thinks instead of what you want to hear. She reminds me of Jaranda a bit. Save for the thieving part.

Millard entered the gallery, waited about 30 seconds, then took out a comlink.

"Security, this is Grand Admiral Taylor Millard. Apparently someone how decided to attempt to procure one of the art treasures up here in the gallery. There are signs of a break in but nothing appears gone."

"I copy sir. Team 3 is on its way up."

Governor Mironat was with the team when it arrived at the gallery.

"Are the paintings safe? Were any stolen?"

Millard spoke, "No Governor, the paintings are safe. But I do have an offer for you to make them even safer..."

Ten Hours Later

Millard didn't have to sleep but decided to. It was much easier to do what he planned to if he were completely rested.

The Dark Jedi was out of uniform, opting for the black jumpsuit he wore when he was off duty. Or doing non-Imperial stuff. ANd this was highly non-Imperial.

He walked through the shipyards, looking for a particular ship he was trying to find. It was semi-difficult finding the ship he was looking for, however, because he was commander of the Guild Sector, Governor Mironat had been more than willing to give him the ship logs of all arrivals and departures for the last month. It'd taken a few hours from Imperial Technicians but they'd done their job and found what he was looking for.

The ship wasn't under its real name, obviously, but was still in the same design. Not a lot of people used this design, but Millard had figured it out.

He paused before it, shifting the parcel in his hand. He walked up to the comlink, then pressed the button hailing The Rascal King's commander and pilot, Loklorien s'Ilancy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2002, 03:51:02 PM
Almost empty.

A bottle of Gekkaiken Sake sat on the oak desk in s'Il's office. Three fourth's empty.

Next to that lay the newly repaired thermoptic headgear. s'Il had spent the last ten hours fixing it, making sure it would work properly on her next "visit."

The only other article on the desk was a single datapad, the screen idle and displaying only a blinking underscore at the bottom right hand corner.

s'Il's office was sparse, like the rest of her ship, and had an overly spartan feel to it which was how she preferred most things.
The only pieces of furniture in the office itself were three chairs; one behind her desk and two in front, and a low table along the back wall was a decantur of Corellian Brandy and a bottle of sake. The sake, of which, now rested on her desk, almost empty of its contents. The only piece of decoration was the painting; Rising Sun of Alderaan, delicately placed on the wall behind her desk. It was a large painting; had been considered the artist's masterpiece, and the care and attention he put into it was easily seen.

There was no noise; no music, not even the sound of breathing could be heard within the confines of s'Il's office. It was utterly peaceful.

Almost as peaceful as death. It's almost a shame I'm still alive.

s'Il sat in one of the chairs before the desk, glaring up with tired, brooding eyes at her prized possession, holding a small cup of sake in her hand. She'd changed from her thermoptic suit and into her more customary choice of clothing; a pair of grey infantry trousers with the suspenders draped from the back around her hips to the front, and a white 'wifebeater' style tanktop she'd borrowed from Tevit. Her bare feet stretched out in front of her, crossed.

Eight years ago I had it made. Eight years ago I was dead. It was so beautiful. I can't even describe it anymore. A scowl crossed her features, and she took a sip of her drink. Damn science stick.

She'd been sitting for an hour, drinking sake and mulling over the night before, cursing her dumb luck. An Imperial Grand Admiral. I shouldn't be surprised; Imperials have a knack for sticking their noses into other people's business, and I guess I was due for another stint sooner or later.

Her metallic gaze rested comfortably on the painting, following the curves of the brush strokes. It was something she found herself doing many times over.

Her eyes had gotten midway through the painting when the comm in one of the desk drawers beeped once, and with a sigh she heaved herself to her feet.

About time. I ordered that food over an hour ago.

Setting her cup on the desktop as she skirted the desk itself, and opening a drawer, she pressed a single button.

"Yeah it's open. You better not be expecting a tip. Waiting an hour for Bothan sezchuan isn't right."

Before the person on the other end could answer, she'd shut the comm off, once more closing the drawer. Her hand closed around her drink once more and she lowered herself into the seat once more, her back to the door as she leaned back to let her eyes once more roam the painting on the wall.

Taylor Millard
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:41:22 PM
Millard walked up the ramp door, a bit of a chuckle as he heard s'Ilancy's comment about no tip. As he came into the ship he commented.

"I was not expecting a tip, Madame s'Ilancy. And if I'd known you were drinking, I would have requested a bottle of Coruscant Brandy here."

As the pirate stared in shock at the non-uniformed Imperial Grand Admiral, Taylor set a large parcel down on the table, next to the bottle of sake.

"Go on...open it."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:58:37 PM
s'Il stared at Millard; he was the last person she'd ever expected to see, and given her current state of mind, she said nothing for a few moments, simply sitting and staring up at him. Had she really drunk that much sake? Her eyes flitted to the bottle, but it was still 3/4's empty, and while she'd ingested enough to relax herself, she was nowhere near the state where she could possibly be hallucinating.

Her first inclination was to order him off her ship, but she thought the better of it, slowly rising from her chair and setting the small cup on the desktop.

Stepping past him to skirt her desk, she stood by her black leather chair, giving the parcel a quick glance before looking at him once more. s'Il set her hands palm down on her desk, but made no move for the package he'd set down.

"What are you doing here."

Taylor Millard
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:08:26 PM
"Giving you something you wanted."

Millard indicated the parcel on the desk again.

"If you wish to wait to open the parcel, I can buy you breakfast. You appear to have not slept since we encountered each other last night. I know a cafe outside of the ship port, which serves much better food than Bothan food."

He nodded at her, then finished, "Or I can call a liquor store and get a bottle of brandy and another bottle of sake delivered. Your choice, I am off for the next few days."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2002, 09:45:41 PM
Never refuse a free meal.

And he was right; she hadn't slept for almost two days now, and her demeaner at the moment wasn't exactly up to par. She excercised as much control she could muster, refraining from expelling a tired sigh and falling into her chair. This trip was certainly turning out to be an odd one to say the least.

s'Il stared into his eyes, trying to find any alterior motives; metallic locked with blue. What the hell is going on in that Imperial brain......

After a few minutes of silence she'd made up her mind, and rapping the desktop lightly with her knuckles, she stood up straight. "Fine. Breakfast."

She turned her chair so she could sit, then proceed to strap on her boots. As she leaned forward, buckling the straps, she spoke. "'Giving me what I wanted,'" she repeated quietly, her mind working quickly despite the sake in her system.

That couldn't possibly be..........

Finished with the boots, she turned in her chair; framed briefly by the painting behind her, and stood. Striding from behind her desk, she motioned for Millard to lead.

"If that's what I think it is, why are you giving it to me?" she asked, indicating the package as they left her office.

Taylor Millard
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:09:01 PM
"It is," Millard spoke as he began leading the smuggler down the ramp again.

As they hit the cobblestone street of the planet Taylor spoke again, "I did some checking with an informat of mine. She told me about the companion piece to this fine painting which had conveniently disappeared almost 6 months ago from a museum on Bith. I put two and two together.

"Plus, I got a better deal on another painting equally as rare. I decided, if you thief who attempted to steal it has the companion painting, she would accept the painting she was foiled in stealing as a gift."

The two exitted the starport walking towards the 'Tosca Timar Cafe', speciallizing in Omarian Food. They sat down with a view of the street, watching a variety of Omarians walking towards their jobs and business.

Millard ordered a glass of milk, along with a cup of hot chocolate.

"I couldn't help but notice," Millard asked, "That you had a painting on an easel that was half finished. Very interesting stuff indeed. How long have you painted?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:26:54 PM
s'Il sat down slowly, leaning back back and ordering a stim caf. "Black, please."

She looked to Millard, silent for a few seconds before speaking. "I don't know, as long as I can remember."

Her answers were short, concise, and to the point. She was still trying to understand what was going on, and her brows furrowed as she mulled over this new situation.

Looking off into the distance, she found herself idly tracing the upper part of her scar; deep in thought. She observed people and aliens milling about, every once in a while turning to give the Grand Admiral an odd look before looking back and delving once more into her thoughts.

Their orders arrived, and s'Il took a sip, letting the liquid blaze a trail down her throat.

"Why did you look for me," she asked suddenly, running a hand through her hair to remove a few strands from her face.

Taylor Millard
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:36:18 PM
Millard went for honesty. It was far easier to work with, than beating around the bush.

"Quite simple. You intrigue me Madam s'Ilancy. Your ability to steal without having it affect your mind or your thoughts on yourself. You also seem to be a bit disappointed or depressed with yourself.

"Plus, you remind me of a dear friend of mine. Someone who is willing to speak her mind, whenever the situation presents itself. I have missed that in some of my experiences as an Imperial. Too many 'yes men'. While I have collegues who are honest with me, I have to drag it out of them. In short, you appear to be the type of person who is willing to say what they think. I admire that. Especially in a woman."

He nodded to two stormtroopers who made their way past him, their white armor gleaming. They hefted their blasters, then returned the salute.

"Why did you allow me to have breakfast with you?"

The server returned to Millard and s'Ilancy asking for their orders. It was a Twi'lek, a woman who immigrated while hoping to find a job with the professional and best theater with Omar Prime, her dreams an actress on the stage.

"A croissant please, with butter. Also, a poached omlet. Krayt Dragon eggs please."

The server nodded, "And yourself?" she indicated s'Ilancy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:11:41 AM
s'Il thought for a moment. "Oatmeal, please."

As the server went off to fill their orders, s'Il leaned back once more, this time smiling slightly while shaking her head.

"Look, just call me Lok or s'Il; none of this 'Madame s'Ilancy' stuff. It drives me up the wall." She took another sip. "It's not so much disappointment," she said after a while, "as it is trying to figure out what I did wrong last night so that in the future, I can avoid it."

She stared off into the distance, then looked at him again. "My own demented way of profressionalism, if you will. And I'm surprised. It's usually my lack of reserve that turns people off and gets me in trouble."

Her gaze drifted over the stormtroopers. "But you do have a point; the Empire seems to be permeated with your so-called 'yes men.'

"As to why I let you have breakfast with me, you said you were paying."

s'Il gave him a ruefall smile before sipping from her caf again. "I never refuse a free meal."

Way to be brutally honest there, s'Il,

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:23:43 AM
Millard laughed.

That's honesty for you.

"But of course," he replied, "A free meal is always good. It is the advantage of my rank, although I prefer the embiance of this planet as well. Unfortunately Balmorra's theater is not as good. A pity..."

"As for what you did wrong,Lok, it was nothing. A perfect set up. Guards focussed on the party, guests enjoying themselves immensely. What you did not expect was someone wanted the painting for himself. The only suggestion I would make would be to have a stun gun with you or some sort of stun grenade. They work easy and quick, specifically if you don't want anyone killed."

He took a sip of his milk, then drank the rest of it. The server came back with the oatmeal, poached eggs, and croissant. Millard took a bite of his croissant, then wiped a bit of butter from his mouth.

"So you believe the Empire has too many yes men. What of the New Republic? Do you believe they have too many yes men?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:45:30 AM
s'Il accepted the oatmeal gratefully, taking a small bite and raising her eyebrows at him. "Oh, so now you're giving me tips on how to steal? That's a surprise. Last night you said you didn't condone my actions."

She stared at him over her coffee, her metallic eyes glinting with a predatory look. "And who says I don't want to kill people."

She took another bite of her oatmeal before continuing. "As for the New Republic having yes men as well, I don't know. I haven't had hardly if any dealings with them, so I couldn't tell you. I've helped both on occasion, but I'm not really the kind of person to be around either the New Republic or the Empire.

"I tend to try to avoid both of you, no offense."

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 12:59:07 AM
"I don't condone your actions. But it doesn't mean I haven't used those actions in the post."

Especially when I stole the plans to the missile boat almost 30 years ago. That was an interesting experience. Jaranda proved herself to be a crack shot then.

"It is certainly your choice on who you associate with. I do not always associate with smugglers and thieves, although I have in the past."

He finished his croissant then took a forkful of omlet. It was as it should taste, with a bit of cheese in it as well.

"Were you to kill anyone it would raise questions. Although you might escape, on an Imperial planet we would alert all the other planets in the system and galaxy of the theft and the death. It is much easier to knock them out, unless you have a team with you. It is how I would have done it.

"And just because I don't agree iwth you actions does not mean I don't know how to do them myself. I have spent a lot of time in the galaxy, Lok and seen plenty of things even I do not want to experience again."

Like the death of your brother? a voice in his head asked him.

"The suit of yours is a work of genious," he quickly changed the subject, "Your design or did you get it from someone?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:39:54 AM
s'Il noticed his swift change of subject, but said nothing, merely giving him a curious look. The server gave her caf a refill, and s'Il smiled in thanks.

"Yeah, I designed it with the help of my ship. He may be a psychotic little bugger, but he's also smart."

Her oatmeal was just about gone, and she finished the rest off with one last spoonfull, washing washing it down with a sip of caf. Leaning back, she nestled the mug in her hands, content to sit and watch the foot traffic. Despite the day beginning quite differently than her normal mornings, she was actually starting to loosen up, her nerves smoothing over.

The caf was starting to wake her up, regardless of her lack of sleep, and she sighed, sinking deeper into the chair and soaking in the sun. Her eyes closed, she addressed Millard.

"So. Do you come here often? To Omar Prime?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 01:45:38 AM
"When I get the opportunity. I love my home planet, but there is nothing like Omar Prime.

"The embiance and the theater. The music, and as we both know, the art," he gave a semi-sly smile towards the resting s'Il.

"There are plenty of things to do, something not a lot of people know. It gets crowded but not too crowded. Plus, the festivals are something to behold. Winter and Springfest are my personal favorites."

He motioned for a refill of hot chocolate, then finished his omlette.

"I assume you have a computer AI on your ship? With a bit of a personality I suppose. How long has your profession been...acquisitions?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:03:06 AM
The mention of The Rascal King's AI made her laugh. "Gods, to say he has a personality is a little bit of an understatement. MMU is....... unique to say the least. He's probably responsible for half of the computer viruses that attack Imperial ships; but you didn't hear that from me. That thing has too much time on his hands, I swear."

s'Il sat up, taking another sip of her drink before setting it on the table. "I haven't wiped his memory since I got him, and that was close to...." she paused, trying to recall when she'd aquired The Rascal King, "seven years ago. Of course I got his avatar about three years ago."

Still very much relaxed, she tilted her head to the side, trying to recall when she started her 'businesses'. "I was originally sent to CorSec; mom and dad had these grand dreams of their daughter rising through the ranks and becoming a military genius; or something like that. They even wanted me to apply to the Imperial Naval Academy."

s'Il laughed lightly to herself as she said that, casting him a quick grin. "But I went AWOL before graduating from CorSec. Made my way to Yag'dhul, and pretty much been there ever since."

s'Il sipped at her caf. "Since then it's been a rough and tumble ride, but I enjoy it. I'm in it for the challenge. I used to do it for money, but after I died, I decided to start doing things differently; not all the way legit, mind you, but certainly for alternate reasons."

She leaned back, watching him and still grinning. "Anything else?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:10:47 AM
One of Millard's brown eyebrows lifted from his face as he heard the mention of her 'death'.

"I completely understand the thought of doing things for other reasons. Back when I was younger I joined the Empire as a way to spite my father, but also because I did it out of love for the Empire. Now..it is my honor to serve the Empire as the best officer I can be. It is much easier to sleep at night when you do it for reasons you can respect and enjoy."

The server returned, asking if they wanted anything else. Millard considered this for a moment then ordered a red wine for the duo.

"Omar Prime has some of the best wines in the galaxy. IT is always a pleasure to drink one of them.

"Now," the Dark Jedi said as ran a hand through his brown hair, "You died? I find that intriguing. Were you brought back by cloning or did bacta do it?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:26:15 AM
"Most people do," s'Il said quietly, sipping the rest of her caf and declining the server's offer at a refill. "And no, no cloning for me. This body is 100% real. I got to take a nice long four month bacta bath."

Lifting her chin to show him the top of her scar, she traced it down, over the tanktop to stop at her midsection. "Filleted right down the middle with a lightsaber when I was twenty-one. Dead for half an hour before being dropped into the tank."

She turned from him to look out at the passerbys. "That's why I can't stand lightsabers; Eight years later and they still they scare the hell out of me."

The server returned with the wine, setting the glasses down. "To spite your father?" she asked at his earlier statement of why he joined the Empire, "That's odd. How long ago did you join the Empire?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:35:42 AM
"Almost 25 years of service to the Empire. I joined during the end of the Old Republic. My father and mother were not too pleased, although my mother ran a freighter business. My father...let's just say my father and I disagreed with a few things. The man is dead, but still can haunt me at times."

He took a glass of wine from the server as she came by, then handed the other to s'Ilancy.

"I understand a fear of lightsabers. I had a few months where I did not use my 'other talent'. But I realized how much family honor means to me. So I use it in honor of my family even with the differences my father and I had. Although..." he trailed off. The anger in him was beginning to rise. He took a deep breath, then drank from the glass.

"My apologies, it was not my intention to go off about my father like that."

He smiled, then toasted, "To life...way we live it to our fullest."

The glasses klinked then they both drank.

"But yes, I've spent almost 30 years in the Empire's service. And I've enjoyed almost all of it. I take it the thrill of adventure has made your life interesting? Even with the scar?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:01:41 PM
"Adventure," s'Il snorted, sipping the wine, "I guess you could call it that. It's certainly a lifestyle I won't ever give up though. I love it too much."

Thirty years? Good grief he's been in the navy for longer than I've been alive. If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is.

She set the glass gently on the table, and leaning back, she stretched her legs out. Her knees popped, as did her back, and she let out a contented sigh while once more closing her eyes. "I know what I do is considered a crime, but to tell you the truth, I really don't care. What you saw last night is really very much a hobby of mine. I like to do it, and so that's what I spend some my time doing. I of course have other things that I occupy my time with, and yes; I have been caught a few times.

"I've been to the spicemines; I have the serial number tattood on my shoulder to prove it."

She was quiet for a few moments, letting her memories take over before sighing once more.

Her eyes opened, and she reached out for the glass again. "But that doesn't deter me, only makes my resolve to not get caught that much stronger."

She smiled at him from over the top of her glass as she drank, letting the liquid sit in her mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. Good stuff.

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:14:32 PM
"I can understand your feeling of being stronger," Millard returned her smile, though his was a bit smaller, "I have not been a prisoner but I have been trapped. Many years ago, I was with Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Unknown Regions. He left to find the rest of the Imperial Fleet, leaving me in command. He never returned. After a year, I investigated this space, discovering the New Republic in control and the Empire in ruins.

"But because of a situation requiring my attention in the Unknown Regions, I returned disgusted and disappointed with the state of the Empire. I came back to the Empire about 3 years ago, and have not regretted it."

Not all of it atleast.

Taylor took another drink of wine, savoring the flavor, "Based on the equipment you used last night, you were quite prepared for the job of stealing the painting. I commend you for your efforts and your resolve. It is something...a bit lacking in this day of age."

He gave her anothing smile, then gazed out onto the street. A group of young teenagers, cigarres in mouth laughing as they walked by. His gaze followed them for a bit, then he turned his eyes back on the woman across the table from him.

"So tell me, Loklorien s'Ilancy, what else is it you enjoy? Painting is obviously a source of pleasure for you, what else do you do as a hobby?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 03:36:39 PM
s'Il had to think about that; was there really any way to word how she spent some her time? Giving up with a shrug, she spoke. "Alot of things, really. I like to go to bars, I like to start barfights on occasion; I collect bladed weapons and classical music, and every now and then I'll visit Hoth and go avalanche racing. Shockboxing is fun, though I don't do it as often as I used to. Of course I do enjoy my downtime; spending a few days just sitting around and relaxing while at the same time trying to keep my ship out of the trouble he tends to cause.

"Pretty much it's the day that dictates my activities though, and I do pretty much what I feel like doing for the day, taking the jobs I feel like taking whether it be moving 'ice' or something more along the lines of last night."

s'Il held her glass lightly, staring at Millard. "But I'm tired of talking about me; I tell you any more and you'll have grounds to arrest me. Not that you don't have them already but hey. A girl's gotta watch out for herself nowdays, eh."

She sipped the wine, relishing it's taste.

"But what about you? Any hobbies or the like on your end?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:25:45 PM
Millard paused, thinking about his own hobbies.

"I enjoy reading. Books on history and the like. Theater is something I enjoy watching, but no performing. Museums of both sculpture and art appeal to me as well. I do not play any kind of instrument, but I enjoy listening to music and opera."

He took another sip of wine, realizing he had almost finished it. Another pause, another gaze to the streets.

"Sailing is something I want to try at some point. There are some lakes on the Eastern Sea of Balmorra, I want to sail. Plus ice sailing on Hoth would be an...experience.

"But the one thing I will never, ever not love...is piloting. I get a thrill when in the cockpit, even if it's an old Z-95 Headhunter with a damaged motivator it is a thrill to fly.

"I hope to some day be able to take follow, Remiak's Journey across the galaxy. It would be something fun, piloting a sailed starship. In my opinion, I would enjoy it."

He finished his wine, then smiled, "Avalance Racing? I must admit I've never done that. I take it you enjoy it?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:52:15 PM
"It makes me feel alive," she said, settling herself into her seat. "Some people use skis, but I much more prefer a snowboard."

"I plant my own charges also; some people get a partner to do it, but I've always liked to do it myself. There's something about racing an avalanche; I can't explain it."

She finished the rest of her wine, setting the glass down with a dull clink.

She was quiet for a few moments, not really sure of what to say. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence in the least, but more of one for thought. In all honesty though, she didn't know what think. Resting an elbow on the table and her chin in her hand, she watched the crowd which had started growing as the day went on. She had made plans to sleep for the day, but now she didn't know what would happen.

It seemed today was going to be full of unexpected things, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but still something she hadn't planned on.

she looked at Millard from the corner of her eyes, not turning her head. What was he thinking? And why; why did he just give her the Karidha? He'd said he'd found another painting he'd wanted, but still. One doesn't merely give another person a priceless work of art without expecting something in return.

Her eyes went back to the crowds, and seemed to glaze over.

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:13:46 PM
Millard rose from his chair, motioning for s'Ilancy to follow.

"I wish to show you something."

When s'Ilancy hesistated, the Imperial Grand Admiral chuckled, "You have my word as an Imperial, you are not going to be taken to the authorities. Now, come."

The two walked the streets of Titaneous viewing the sights and sounds, occasionally pausing to starte at one site or another. Millard led the smuggler to a very small, very quaint loft, overlooking the city.

He ushered her in, then pointed towards a framed picture on the wall. It was an older painting, of a woman...possessing a mysterious smile, staring out over a vast landscape of fields of green and brown, with trees behind it bending in the breeze.

A single sword rested next to it, a single, gold cross, encircled by more gold was at the base the hilt. Millard picked it up, running his hands on the blade, then placed it back.

"A fine weapon. My brothers. Not his actual weapon though...I had a copy made by an old, aged weaponsmith. He was even able to copy the inscription, look."

As s'Ilancy looked forward she saw the inscription, "Per angusta in augusta", melted into the hilt.

Taylor smiled, then ushered her towards a parcel still wrapped in brown paper lay against the wall. He opened the parcel, revealing another painting. Running his right hand over the glass, he placed it on an open spot on the wall.

"That is the painting, I got the better deal on. What do you think?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:43:19 PM
s'Il stared at the painting, instantly entranced as her eyes ran over it. The linework was masterful, and the strokes gave it the feeling of calm and utter tranquility. She recognized the style instantly, and a slight smile broke out across her face. "I haven't seen a Gerliones in a long time.

"It's beautiful; I can see why you wanted it."

It was a conscious effort to tear her eyes from it, but she finally succeeded after a minute, and stuffing her hands into her pockets, she gazed out the windows overlooking the city.

She stared for a full minute, just watching the day to day operations goin on in the city before her, and her eyes once more got a faraway look once more.

This place is messing with my head, she thought with an inward laugh, it's doing weird things to me. The only other place she felt the peace she was feeling at the moment was on her ship. What in the hell is he trying to do??

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she faced Millard, just a bit of confusion still on her face. "I still don't understand why you're doing this; buying me breakfast, asking about me and my hobbies, bringing me to what I'm figuring is you're loft here, and now showing me that painting."

Her hand came out of her pocket to brush away another errant strand of hair. "I just don't understand it. It always seemed to me that men like you; Imperial Grand Admirals and the like, did their best to stay within their circle. I know for a fact I'm not in that circle."

Looking once more out to the city, s'Il felt the caf draining from her system, and fatigue began to creep up on her. Sighing, she laughed at herself. "I'm sorry; I'm just getting tired."

I guess you have your reasons, she mused, still watching the inhabitants of Titaneous go about their daily lives.

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:57:10 PM
"If you wish," Millard offered, "You can sleep here. There is a guest bedroom, in the other room. You can get a few hours sleep, and afterwards, I can take you to lunch or dinner."

He sat down in a leather chair, gazing out upon the citizens of Titaneous. It was the first day of the working week for them, and most residents made themselves busy monitoring shops, cafes, and businesses. A few busy-looking executives, stopped to buy a cup of cafe and a loaf of bread from a local store. They nodded then left.

"I suppose you are wondering why I am doing this? Why all the pleasentries after foiling your burglary last night," he paused, as if trying to think of it himself.

"I suppose...it is because you are a unique woman. A type of woman I rarely see these days. You are resourceful, intelligent, honest, sarcastic, and willing to take risks. There are not a lot of people out there who are willing to do that. I admire that, and thought I should reward you for it.

"Outside of that, you interest me. Your lack of care for the law, and your care for the finer things in life as well. You are someone I wish to learn more about, and to know better. That is why I have extended this invitation to you."

He walked over to the small cooling device at the end of the room, removing two bottles of water.

"Water? It does tend to get a bit dry in here."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 09:32:25 PM
You asked, girl; you asked.

s'Il stood silent, thinking over his words; and his offer of the guest bedroom.

It would be nice to get away from MMU for a while...

Against her better judgement she nodded her head in consent to his invitation, still staring out the window. "Thank you," was all she said, not really sure of what to say beyond that. All of what he'd said, she didn't know how to take. She was certainly flattered, but left just a little speechless none the less. He was throwing her off track, stepping out of the box she'd mentally placed all Imperials within. Even Khendon.

Grand Admiral Taylor Millard had thrown her for a complete loop.

Another sigh. Another morning come and gone. Her shoulders sagged and she finally turned to face him, her metallic eyes half closed.

"I think I'll take you up on your offer; I'm too lazy to walk all the way back to my ship anyway."

With a last look out at the sprawling city before her, she turned for the the last time to look at Millard. "Thanks, by the way."

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:16:33 PM
"You're welcome, Lok. I will awake you later. I hope you like seafood for dinner, as that is what we will have. I know a fine restaraunt about 6 blocks away that will suit us nicely."

He walked towards her, smiling, leading her into the guest room. Then, as he showed her the lightly colored room, with a large painting of the Imperial symbol, he did something completely different from his own character. He kissed her forehead.

Then smiling, Taylor made his exit, "Enjoy your rest Lok. I will wake you in several hours."

He nodded to her, then walked out of the room, closing the door and leaving s'Ilancy to her own thoughts.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:35:47 PM
What the holy frell........?

s'Il stared at his back as he left the room, her brows deeply furrowed as she watched him close the door behind him.

What the bloody hell is going on?

She eyed the room around her, suddenly not quite sure of her surroundings. What had she gotten herself into? As she sat gingerly on the bed, she ran a hand over the covers. They were exquisitly soft to the touch, and she felt her eyes unfocus as they still rested on the closed door.

His words earlier she could manage, but this new action? Her mind rolled over countless reasons as to why he'd do that, and each time she discounted the one obvious reason that presented itself every time.

Yes, she thought him to be interesting, a nice change of pace from the normal individuals she spent most of her time with, and she'd been pleasantly surprised to learn that he shared her love of the arts. Even though he'd stopped her last night, he'd had the kind heart to bring her the object which she'd planned to steal.

But he was Imperial. And she was most certainly not. Oil and water, in essence. Even if she would have wanted something to come of this newborn friendship, it would never work. They were from two different worlds despite their common interests.

s'Il pulled her boots off and lay on the bed, curling up and resting on her side facing the wall. Remember what happened with Khendon, girl. We didn't even get to......... she paused in her thoughts, her hands straying down to cradle her stomach. .........that before things got bad.

s'Il's eyes closed and her thoughts retreated from Khendon to retrun to the Grand Admiral. He's Imperial. People like him don't mix with people like me. It just doesn't happen. I would think he'd know that.

Drifting further into a relaxed frame of mind; no matter how jumbled her thoughts were, s'Il finally dropped off completely, her shallow breathing the only indication that she was alive.

Taylor Millard
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:55:43 PM
It was almost nine hours later, when Grand Admiral Taylor Millard returned to wake s'Ilancy from her sleep. Leaning forward, he slid his lips right up to her ear, then almost silently said,

"Wake up...Loklorien s'Ilancy."

With a start, s'Ilancy leaped from the bed, tripping on her own boots. With a startled yelp, she fell towards the floor. Only Taylor's quick movement, kept the smuggler from crashing into the floor.

"Careful," the Dark Jedi had a glimmer in his blue eyes, "Don't want to wake the neighbors."

He helped her to her feet.

"There is a restaraunt down the road which serves seafood. Various different kinds of seafood. I thought you might enjoy it."

The two exitted the small loft, walking down the cobblestone streets. Children ran throughout, laughing as they played. Some carried torches while other, sucked upon candies as they ran. Millard nodded to them as they passed.

The darkness had surrounded the entire planet as night fell upon Omar Prime. Taylor breathed the night air deeply, inhaling the scent of fish from the restaraunt just before them.

The six blocks they traversed went by quickly as they arrived at the restaraunt.

Millard greeted the server, requesting a table for two in a private room. The server, a Twi'lek with dark olive skin nodded, then ushered them into the private dining room. Mirrors, surrounding the table, allowed the two diners to stare at each other.

Taylor offered s'Ilancy a smile, then ordered sake for the both of them, including a bit of water as well. The Twi'lek female bowed, then exitted.

As he watched the server leave, Millard turned to s'Ilancy, "Did you sleep well, Lok? How were your dreams?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:21:33 PM
s'Il stared at him, her eyes searching his for any insight into the workings of his mind as she thought about his questions. The first she could understand, but the second.....

Why would he ask me that?

She gave up trying to understand him. After all, in her own opinion, his little fascination with her would burn up in a few days. Something new and shiny would come to his attention, and he'd go after that; leaving her to go back to her own business. But, until then she'd enjoy his company and the friendship he offered; she wasn't completely calloused.

"I slept fine, thanks."

She watched as the server set two small cups down and a small ceramic pitcher containing the sake next to them. Lightly grasping the pitcher, she poured the liquid into the first cup and slid it to Millard, then poured some for herself.

"And thanks for the wake-up call," she finished sarcastically, "although I really shouldn't complain. It's better than MMU running in and yelling something about how I need to fix some problem with his subprocessors and interface settings so he can hook himself up to a toaster."

s'Il took a sip of the sake, thoroughly enjoying the alcohol as it traveled down her throat.

As for her dreams, she really hadn't had any. She'd slept like a rock.

"Well," she started haltingly, "I didn't really have any dreams. My only excuse is that my brain was too tired to function even in sleep."

Sitting back, she continued to look at him. "What did you do while I was alseep?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:38:31 PM
Millard chuckled, "This MMU sounds like a character."

He took a sip of sake, letting the alcohol trickle down his throat, "As for what I did. Nothing important. The painting is actually on its way to Balmorra so I made preparations for the transfer. I had a few reports to go over, regarding the planet Hoth- nothing important. Plus, I did a bit of reading over a vast asundry of subjects. Unfortunately nothing on art or music.

"Although I did get tickets for the next opera. Something I look forward to watching. And I thought on something else, which is of no importance right now."

Smiling, he gazed into s'Ilancy's eyes, "I asked about the dreams, because they reveal a bit more of a person than normal conversation does. Or so I have noticed."

He shrugged, then nodded to the server as she returned to the couple, "I'll have the Mon Calamari Maki, please. Also, if you have it. Some bean and kurd soup."

Millard looked towards s'Ilancy as to say, What? I like soup.

The Twi'lek turned to the human woman, "And whot shall yoo have?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:04:32 PM
s'Il didn't even have to look at a menu; she knew exactly what she wanted.

"Unagi tempura, please. And a fugu roll also."

She almost laughed as they server looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Are yoo sure, Miss.....? Yoo wont the fugu....?"

s'Il nodded, a careless smile creasing her features. Can't go wrong with something that might kill you, she thought idly to herself as the Twi'lek left.

She took another sip of the sake. "The opera, eh. Sounds like you'll have fun. I was thinking of shipping out tonight, but I still don't know yet. I was originally going to go to Ryloth..." she smirked, "....there's a Jehniek exhibit I've been wanting to 'visit', and then maybe I'll skip on over to Chandrila. I haven't made up my mind.

"I like to drift, though maybe someday I'll settle down. Who knows."

Her chair creaked ever so slightly as she leaned back, and she rolled her shoulders as if still trying to wake her body up from its nap.

Another sip. "So you gonna tell me what that was all about? Right before you left the room to let me sleep?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:19:59 PM
"The kiss?" Millard took a sip of his sake, trying to find a reason. In reality he had no reason he just did. It had been to throw her off, to gage her reaction. Had she slapped him, Millard supposed he would have let her go the minute she was rested. Instead, s'Ilancy had done nothing...and now she accepted his own invitation to dinner.

"For no reason, Lok. It was as a sign of comfort, you had appeared to have had a long night. It is a tradition on Omar Prime to give someone a kiss on the forehead as a sign of welcoming and comfort."

He let a rueful smile come to his face, "I certainly couldn't do that to you last night, while you were attempting to steal the painting. So instead, I did it then when you were in my house about to sleep in my guest bedroom."

Millard then looked directly at her, "What did you think of the kiss?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2002, 08:02:12 PM
"Tradition, eh," she mused, finishing off her cup and pouring herself more.

Her fingers drummed the table; speeding up, slowing down, there was no set rhythm to it, but she kept tapping at the tabletop, staring into his eyes.

What did I think of the kiss? I don't frelling know......

"It was.... different," she finally ventured, "I've never had anyone do that. I, well, I... guess... it was fine. Not what I'm normally used to, but oh well."

She shrugged, looking off to the side. "It was fine," she repeated distantly.

What the hell is he trying to do? If he was thrying to confuse her, regardless of what he'd told her before, it was working. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and once more gain her bearings. She knew this was only the beginning, and she had to cut herself off, to not be sucked into anything she knew she'd regret.

Almost involuntarily she began placing a mental wall in front of her, hoping that if she cut off any and all emotions, she wouldn't fall into the same trap as she'd done before. Too many times things had gone sour; had dried up into nothing, and she was tired of dealing with the expectations altogether.

I won't let myself get pulled in anymore.

Her jaw set, she sat back, the light in her eyes not as inviting as they were before. They weren't cold in any way, but something was different; something infinitely minute.

Taylor Millard
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:26:11 PM
Millard immediately sensed the change in s'Ilancy's mood. It was troublesome to him, for her to cut herself off from the world. Vice Admiral Serena Laran had done that on more than one occasion making their relationship...difficult. And now the smuggler who'd shown much more willingness to speak her mind and what she thought, was doing it as well.

His face darkened slightly, "You're closing up, Madame s'Ilancy. If there's one thing I know about you, is that you don't shut yourself off from the world. I apologize for giving you reason to shut off.

"Regardless, please do not shut yourself off from the world, especially me. I enjoy your company and the breath of fresh air you give my day, in the 24 hours we have known each other."

His face lightened a bit, then he changed the subject, "I have a few Jehnieks in my possession back on Balmorra. The way he paints is incredible, the way he allows the painting to blur on purpose. IT gives such an ambiance of wonderment. It is a shame there were few artists who followed his style."

With that, the Twi'lek returned with their food, setting two ornate china plates in front of the two. The symbols on the china were of two swordsman, engaged in battle, their long and thin swords criss-crossing. Millard thanked the woman, then ordered more sake.

"The artwork on these plates is amazing. Hoshigawa did these I believe."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:51:34 PM
As soon as the server left, s'Il looked him in the eyes. "It isn't you, so don't apologize.

"But the thing is, like you said; it's only been 24 hours. That amount of time isn't enough to base an opinion off of someone. I'm sorry if you feel differently; it's just past experiences on my part."

She picked up a pair of chopsticks.

"Don't feel like it's your fault, because it's not. It's just....... personal demons, I guess."

s'Il picked up a piece of fugu, and popped it into her mouth.

I wonder if this'll be the one that kills me, she thought pensively.

Taylor Millard
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:13:46 PM
"No, this was a 'getting to know you' dinner," Millard watched her eat, then realized the pain s'Ilancy was holding inside of her.

She pretends as if she has no reason to live. I've felt that way before.

Images of his brother suddenly popped up before him. Millard always wondered the kind of life Trent had led in the Unknown Regions. Taylor sighed...

He took a bite of his food, enjoying the taste as he ate. A bit of soup later, and he spoke.

"I understand personal demons. My brother was killed a few years ago, in battle against something evil. I was crushed by it. I shut myself off from the universe, wallowing in self pity until I was brought back to my senses. It's something I'd prefer not to repeat."

He took another bit of soup, then leaned forward, "Yet with everything going on in your life you are still hurting. What is it that bothers you, Lok? What is it that you're running from?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:36:08 PM
s'Il paused, her chopsticks halfway to her mouth. A few moments later she set them down on her plate.

"I, well, there's a lot to it, really." It was always hard to explain these things for her.

"I guess since you're older you have the experience; I still have to go through all of that."

She rubbed her eyes. "It's just, I've dealt with this kind of stuff before; I 've let myself get attached, and then I get dropped; Whether it be a simple friendship or something more, it never fails.

"There are other things that complicate things for me; for instancce with Khendon. He was Imperial, I was not. While it was wonderful for a few weeks, it got sour very quickly. And regardless; though from what I'm percieving, all you want to do is get to know me, you're still Imperial. There are differences that won't go unnoticed."

She shook her head and brought the chopstick back to her mouth putting the sushi in her mouth and chewing. Washing it down with a sip from her sake, she sighed.

"So like I said, it's not you; it's me."

Taylor Millard
Jun 4th, 2002, 11:51:17 PM
"How did it drop?" Millard raised an eyebrow.

It was true, there were massive ammounts of difference between s'Ilancy and Millard. Taylor was not much of a thief, although he was willing to pilfer military plans from time to time. He was aristocratic, she...uncooth and wild. Yet there was something which drew him to her, he was unsure what.

"Do not assume for a moment that I am more experienced than you are. Assumption...leads to failure."

He finished his soup, then downed the rest of his sake.

"I might be Imperial," he stated, "But we all know my...other talent. Which, if it's okay with you, will be kept a secret. It's not something I like to throw around. So feel honored, you have been let in on a secret not many know."

Millard smiled, "From what I know of Vice Diktat Sevon, he is rather easy to get along, although he tends to be immersed in technology. I would have suspected, with your interest in technology it would have caused the relationship to grow. Or did he not approve of your chosen profession?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:21:11 AM
"It just.... drops," s'Il said quietly. "Maybe I'll tell you some other time, but not now."

"And in my book, assumption doesn't lead to failure, it just makes an @$$ out of you, and pisses me off."

Her metallic eyes searched his face; he seemed genuinely curious and she slowly began to once more let herself get comfortable. She looked past his head, studying the back of his head in the mirror with mild interest. Her eyes went back to his face, and she took a calming breath.

"Khendon was fun to be with, we had a lot of fun together; he even asked me to come along on one of his outings after I gave him some information on new fighters being developed by New Republic shipyards. But, it's like you said; there are things I do that drove us apart. There's things I do; I need to do, that he didn't agree with. We had a series arguments before one last big one, and we parted ways.

"I haven't talked to him since."

s'Il sat back, her food gone. Not wanting to get into her personal habits lest she spoil the evening or the friendship he seemed to be extending to her, she changed to subject. "When did you find out about your 'other talent'?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:58:46 AM
"Well, my father was Jedi, actually. A Jedi Master," Millard felt anger in his heart, "He rebelled against Palpatine...Lord Vader killed him."

The Dark Jedi paused, stifling his anger, then continued, "I was in the Unknown Regions. An officer attempted to rebel and force us to take the Superior back to Known Space. I got so angry I pushed out with my mind. Ended up sending him into the viewscreen. That was when I stated to suspect something.

Taylor paused. Was this next bit of information even worth mention.

Never reveal everything about yourself. Thrawn had always said. Millard pondered on this...then went on.

"It was then I thought I might have inherited my father's knack for the Force. It made sense when I thought about it. My ability to remain in complete control in the cockpit. That's how I discovered it. I investigated it, then decided it was time for my troops to return, after the Empire came back into prominence."

Taylor finished his own soup, "I'm sorry to hear the relationship with Vice Diktat Sevon went afoul. I admit, I do not agree with all of your lifestyle, however, what you do is your own business, and not mine. I made it my business last night because you were stealing something I wanted.

"Now, in regards to wher eyou plan on heading after this, I will not make any attempt to stop what you steal. It is fairly obvious you have a love for art, which I admire and possess myself.

"Are you parents still alive?" Millard changed subjects, "Do they have any notion of what you do or do they turn a blind eye?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 03:24:37 PM
"I....... don't know really," s'Il started slowly. There were certain areas of her personal life that were in complete disarray; atrophying to the point where they couldn't be fixed; or so she was of the opinion. Certain habits such as her drug use were one, and those in turn affected any sort of relationship she'd tried to have. One of the others was her parents.

Not expecting him to ask about her parents, s'Il had to sit back and think. It'd been a long time since she'd voluntarily called those particular memories to the forefront, and it took some dredging. The conversation had taken a somber turn for her, requiring her to remember a lot of things she didn't want to think about.

But, Millard had asked, and she felt he deserved an answer. What was it he'd said? "---is that you don't shut yourself off from the world."

It's not so much from the world as it is from myself....... she thought to herself, ....and burying the pain while at the same time trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

She looked back up to him.

"After going AWOL from CorSec, I didn't make any attempt to contact them; but after leaving Nasha the Hutt, I sent a letter to them, letting them know I was fine and doing fairly well for myself."

As well as I tended to be after siphoning an entire Hutt clan's fortunes from their coffers and placing it my own banks...

Her eyes fell, and she sighed while tapping lightly on the small cup with a fingertip. "They didn't reply. I've sent them numerous messages since then, but I get nothing in return. When my sister showed up on my doorstep five or so years ago, I took her in; but she wouldn't tell me what they were doing, how they were doing, or even if they were still alive. I'm pretty sure they aren't dead though; she says she doesn't talk to them, but every now and then she'll disappear for a few days. Doesn't tell me where she's going or anything.

"If they know what I do, then fine, I don't really mind."

s'Il finished off the rest of her sake, but made no move to refill her cup. She'd had enough for the night; what she needed was the night air.

Maybe it'll put me in a better mood.

s'Il looked to Millard, her eyes asking if he was ready to leave.

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 04:27:58 PM
Millard needed no more hesitation. He was in the mood to walk and talk anyway. Setting some Imperial Credits on the table, he and s'Ilancy rose- thanking the establishment for their fine treatment, then began their walk on the street of Titaneous.

"We're not headed back to loft, in case you are wondering. This week is the beginning of the Freedom Fest, when the Omarians won their freedom from their mortal enemies, the Tiimaraks. Their celebration is full of happiness and joy. It is a sight to see.

"Come you will enjoy it."

Then without hesitating anymore, the Imperial Grand Admiral, linked his arm with s'Ilancy's and off they went.

"I am indeed," Taylor said conversationally, "Sorry to hear about the lack of communication between yourself and your parents. It appears we share something else together, outside of our affinity towards art and music."

He breathed deeply the night air, as they walked, smelling burning cedar and ash from the "light rockets" the Omarians were preparing to launch. The duo came up to a part in the cobblestone road, leading up to an open plaza where various people gathered, dancing and drinking and celebrating.

A sudden burst of light, went flying towards the sky, erupting in the colors of Red, gold, and black. Another followed, and soon the sky was lit up by the "light rockets" or fireworks, the Omarians sent into the air.

"It is indeed a beautiful sight is it not? Now, when you dream do you ever remember what you dream about?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:31:36 PM
s'Il had to laugh at his 'order' to "come and enjoy it," and since she'd never been to the planet or was familiar with their customs, she allowed the Grand Admiral to guide her wherever he wished.

s'Il couldn't help but smile at the sights around her; the people here were so happy to be alive, to revel in their freedom, that it made her smile and breathed deep, inhaling the air; the very essence it seemed, of the place.

Making no move to dislodge her arm from his, she contented herself to watch the scenes of celebrations before her. With a free hand she reached up, running her fingers through her hair and pulling it back and out of her face, though a few stray strands found their way back to hang in front of her eyes.

"Now, when you dream do you ever remember what you dream about?"

She laughed again. "Back to the dreams, eh."

He doesn't give up easily, she laughed inwardly.

"Well, I remember most of my dreams; pretty much the ones that are the most...... outlandish I guess. The one that comes immediately to mind was the one where I realized I was dreaming, and I told some guy next to me in my dream that we were in my dream; my head." s'Il snorted. "He was so disappointed, he started to mope around. I guess being a part of my psyche is pretty depressing."

Inhaling once more, she let her shoulders relax. "That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I like to lucid dream; it's amazing how when you realize you're dreaming, everything becomes more pronounced and vibrant. It's like everything around you suddenly gets saturised and it's like an all new life is breathed into everything around you."

s'Il looked around her, drinking in the night air and sights of the fireworks being lit. It helped her melancholy mood, and she found herself grinning slightly, her eyes watching everything that took place around her.

"You're right, it is very nice out here."

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 07:49:19 PM
"It is..." Millard agreed, "The ceremony is extra special tonight because of the newly elected governor. Apparently they plan on making it as bright as day in...about 30 minutes. Should be a sight to see."

He watched as a star suddenly streaked across the sky, making the "light rockets" even more of a spectacle.

"It is on nights like this, Lok, I like to reflect on certain things in my life. How my life is going, if I'm serving what I'm supposed to serve to the best of my ability. There are times, it tends to be like a symphony soft and subtle, with violins sending streams of music into my ears. While other times it's a fast and hard opera, with sopranos and tenors singing songs of joy or sorrow. Anger or happiness.

"Definately an interesting thought process. Almost like dreaming," his hand had left encircling her arm, then went around her waist.

Taylor turned suddenly, his eyes staring into s'Ilancy's, "When we first fought, I thought I heard music in your mind. Do you allow music to surround your thoughts or does it help you concentrate and make decisions?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:38:23 PM
Surprised that he had wrapped his arm around her waist, she chose to do nothing; it was only if things went too far that she would try to distance herself. And yet, it seemed like it'd been so long since she'd been with someone who shared her interests; it'd been so long since she'd spent time with anyone period. Until then, she enjoyed his company. Tevit and Anauri were always fun to be around, but they were her mechanics, and while they were a joy to be with, she missed someone who she could really share her interests with.

Her grin was involuntary as she looked up at him, and she gave a small laugh. "I do that alot, but last night I did it for a reason. I figured out what I needed to do to get out of you force hold, but I couldn't dwell on the thought or you'd figure it out.

"So I started thinking about the Ellette Concerto. I mean, it worked didn't it?"

s'Il grinned slyly. "Well, sort of, anyway.

"And to answer your question, the music calms me down, lets me think more clearly. I listen to all kinds of music, but I always go back to classical after a while. There's just something about it; I don't know what it is, but it always draws me back."

Yet again breathing in the air, she smirked. "Is there anything else you'd like to know, Grand Admiral Taylor Millard?"

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:35:34 PM
"No I've learned enough for right now, thank you Smuggler Loklorien s'Ilancy," Millard stared back at s'Ilancy then turned the sky, "Right now I plan on sitting back, relaxing and watching the 'light rockets' go off."

He led the smuggler down to the grassy green hill just above where the launchers were. As he and s'Ilancy took their seats, a large, bright shaft of light flew towards the air, followed by two others. A giant explosion lit the sky, as if by day, keeping lit for almoster a full minute. In that minute, Millard's hand went to s'Il's shoulder.

As the light faded and the darkness came back, Taylor sighed, "Glorious..simply glorious. What did you think of the 'light rocket' ceremony?"

As if on cue, it started again, sending flashes of green, yellow, and black into the air again. Millard smiled, then watched the show again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:02:53 PM
s'Il watched, fascinated at the display in the sky, and as she felt Millard's hand come to rest on her shoulder, she turned to him, her eyes questioning.

She said nothing, however, and leaned back to lie down, letting his hand slide from her shoulder. The smell of freshly cut grass assaulted her senses, and she closed her eyes, smiling.

"Yeah, it's something," she remarked, her eyes still closed, and sighing, she propped her hands behind her head. She opened her eyes once more to look at the sky and the show above her. "It's impressive."

A ghost of a smile touched her lips, and she soaked in the ambience. "It's been a while since I've been able to just relax and not have to look over my shoulder all the time."

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:16:37 PM
"Good," Taylor replied, "I know I have found...comfort in watching the stars and the light display. It soothes the soul, in my opinion."

They lay there for another thirty minutes, saying nothing, but enjoying the spectacle of the fireworks. After the lights had died down and the hill quiet, Taylor turned to s'Ilancy.

"Come, let us take another walk."

Helping her to her feet, the two began walking down a stoney road, making its way down the middle of the hill. They continued their trek, until they came to a small bridge, which stood over a small stream. The walkway itself was lit by a small lamp, hanging over the middle of the bridge.

Taylor stopped halfway through the bridge and stared right up into the stars.

"Do you ever get the feeling, Smuggler Loklorien s'Ilancy, that there is more to this life than what we are doing? More to your smuggling, more to my command and my 'other talent'? Or are we all just people about out daily lives, giving no thought to the universe and how it affects us? Hmm?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:37:09 PM
s'Il stared up at him as he in turn stared up at the stars. He seemed so lost in thought, and she pondered her answer for a few seconds.

Both remained motionless, staring at the night sky.

And then s'Il moved, darting to the side and hopping into the small stream, she turned to face Millard. For him, it would have been knee-deep, but for her, the water level came up the mid-thigh, and it soaked her pants instantly.

It was refreshingly pleasant, and complimented the night's weather.

"I think," she started, a crafty smirk on her face, "that life is something that is supposed to be fun, and that no matter how hard it is sometimes, it's up to us to make sure we have as good a time as we can.

"Life is what we make it."

And with that, she brought her arm back and threw it forward to skim across the top of the water, sending a spray of water at him.

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 10:52:50 PM
The water had caught Millard off guard, he could not avoid the spray as it hit him, soaking his jumpsuit. For a moment, anger almost flashed on his face...then he smiled. And laughed. Then, without warning, leaped after s'Ilancy in the water.

They crashed into the water, throwing it everwhere, soaking themselves completely. Using his height and weight advantage, Taylor dunked s'Ilancy twice in the water, then pulled her up, staring into her face.

"Ah, that it is. Life is what we make of it. How's this for having fun?"

With that he leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. Then he smiled and dunked her again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:09:06 PM
s'Il was thoroughly soaked.

"No fair," she managed to get out as he let her up after the first dunk, "You're bigger than me, and you have more weight to throw around."

Then he kissed her on the cheek.

Before she could react she was under the water once more. It was wonderful on her skin, and she loved it; but her mind reeled. Why did he kiss her?

Standing once more, she shook the water from her hair and gazed up at him. "Was that another tradition on this planet," she asked, sending another spray at him while doing her best to backtrack in case he tried to dunk her again.

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:14:31 PM
Now what was that kiss for?

Even Millard wasn't sure. Standing there, completely soaked, water running down his face and clouding his eyes, for once he wasn't sure.

He shrugged, "It was not a tradition. I just kissed you on the cheek for no reason. I apologize if I have offended you."

Then he reached forward and grabbed her by the front of her jumpsuit. But s'Ilancy dodged backwards, catching Taylor off guard sending him into the water.

Sputtering he came to his feet, then laughed again.

"You certainly have a way with people," he chuckled, then made a grab for her again, sending them both into the water again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:34:27 PM
Before she could answer she was sent once more crashing into the water, and as she rose up from beneath him to once more shake the water from her hair; sending droplets everywhere, she grinned carelessly and laughed.

"And you're pretty spry for an 'old man'."

She twisted away to roll up onto the shore, sopping wet. s'Il sat, letting her feet stay in the water as she looked at Millard. "Don't worry, you didn't offend me.

"Just, be careful. I don't need anything else in my life to regret. It gets in the way of me trying to have fun."

She kicked idly at the water, every so often send a few drops toward him. The look on his face when she'd asked him about the kiss had both overjoyed and saddened her. He truly didn't know what made him do what he did, and while s'Il was flattered that, from the signs she was deciphering, he'd shown an interest in her, it saddened her.

In her mind it couldn't work. Even if she tried, she knew it couldn't. In some cases she wished it would, but after the disaster with Khendon, she'd given up.

Offering a smile, she leaned back on her elbows, her feet still in the water, then lifted her head to look up to the stars.

Taylor Millard
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:53:07 PM
Millard lay next to her, staring up to the stars his own thoughts racing through his head.

She's afraid and nervous. She's happy you're showing interest in her, yet scared of what might happen.

Taylor paused, then closed his eyes. He must have drifted off, because when he awoke, s'Ilancy had splashed water on him again. He laughed, then she laughed.

The two looked at each other, then both sighed.

"You're afraid aren't you?" Millard said, cocking his head as his blue eyes looked at her, "Afraid of what might happen, afraid of another failure. I am not Khendon Sevon, nor will I pretend to be. I am Taylor Millard, a man who respects (although disagrees) with your career choice, your life, and what you do with it. If you choose to be a thief, then be one. I will not prevent you from that."

He took a step closer, not wanting to get too close to her, then smiled.

"I respect you, Loklorien s'Ilancy. And you need to respect yourself."

Then, he kissed her cheek again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:15:13 AM
s'Il closed her eyes as he kissed her again, holding her breath.

And then she suddenly felt alone, with nothing to show for her life thus far. For all the things she spent her time doing, all her hobbies, art, and music, she felt isolated.

"You don't know how bad I would want to," she whispered, "but it's just like you said. I'm afraid of another failure. There's been too many in my life, and I don't need to further my score."

In the short amount of time she'd known Taylor Millard, he'd provided not only enlightening conversation, but great company as well. Even back at the restaurant when he'd sensed her beginning to close off, he had tried to alleviate her reserves, and she was grateful for it.

Reaching up, she wrapped her arms around his neck in an embrace. "Thank you though," she whispered.

It would still not work, said a nagging voice in the back of her head.

But he said he still respected me......

The voice, it seemed, would always have the upper hand. It just wouldn't work.

A single tear formed in her eye as she hugged him.

Taylor Millard
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:22:25 AM
He returned her hug, hearing the voice in her mind as it scoffed her.

That is enough from you... he said to s'Il's doubts, Let her make her own choice.

"You're welcome," he replied as he hugged her back. The hug separated slightly, as Taylor stroked her face, wiping the tear and a strand of hair from her face, staring into her eyes.

Whatever doubts he had about he and s'Ilancy had disappeared long ago, during their conversation at dinner. She was scared and he knew it. It would be difficult to over come those fears of hers, but as long as he respected her, Taylor believed it would work.

He looked at her again, hugging her again, then with little hurry or ceremony, Taylor leaned forward and kissed s'Ilancy on the lips.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:44:02 AM
s'Il watched him lean in, let him kiss her, and in less than two seconds her mind was made up.

He seemed so sure of himself, of his actions, that she couldn't not trust him. Even if she might end up regetting it all, she hoped she was wrong, and that he knew what he was doing; what he wanted.

She kissed back timidly, still in relatively new territory with him, but soon she didn't care anymore, and kissed him with a newfound passion that seemed to spawn instantly within her.

Her earlier summation that he would grow tired of her and find new interests was pushed away for the moment. Right now, for however long it would last, s'Il felt content.

I'm going to trust you.

Taylor Millard
Jun 6th, 2002, 12:56:59 AM
Good. Millard replied, speaking in her mind as they continued their embrace.

Finally, they let go, separating for air, before another kiss took them over again. Their kiss was stronger this time, as if they were both affirming that this was what they wanted.

The two finally separated, staring into each others eyes smiling at one another. Taylor stroked s'Il's face again and they walked hand in hand from the stream heading back onto the road.

"I think it's best we change out of these clothes," Taylor said as they began the trek back to his loft, "Omar Prime nights tend to be a little colder than most places."

s'Ilancy nodded, smiling at him with Taylor returning it.

Another five minute walk, and the Dark Jedi suddenly laughed, "I just realized something. You missed your scheduled departure time for Chandrila. Hope your computer won't mind.

"And would you like to have breakfast with me again, in..." Taylor looked at his watch, "Six hours. I suggest now we both get some rest. You can use the spare bedroom at my loft, unless you would prefer to sleep in the ship. Either way, I shall have breakfast for you."

He stopped, then smiled down at her, stroking her face, "If that is okay with you."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2002, 01:51:34 AM
"He'll deal," s'Il laughed, "or I'll threaten to dump his core on Tattooine right in the middle of a Jawa settlement."

His offer of his spare room was accepted with a silent nod, and she smiled wistfully before a realization stuck her. "I don't have a change of clothes on me," she said ruefally.

Her thoughts strayed, and she looked down at their hands as they walked; hers exponentially smaller as it was seemingly engulfed in his. It was comforting in a way; made her feel as though she didn't always have to be in control, and that, for even if it might be for a short amount of time, someone was there who could protect her from herself.

As they stopped and he looked down at her, she couldn't help but remember how they'd met only a day before; him proper, pristine, and wearing his spotless, wrinkle-free Grand Admiral's uniform, and her, disgruntled, snarly, and ready to break his nose if given half the chance.

Even their meeting this morning; though quite unexpected for her, had been a strain on her part. But, she found him to be interesting to be around. And now, about 24 hours after he'd thrown a lightsaber at her, sending her crashing quite unceremoniously to the floor of the museum............. she gave his hand an involuntary squeeze.

"Breakfast sounds.... great."

Taylor Millard
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:19:22 PM
Millard gave another smile, as he felt s'Ilancy's hand squeeze his. It indeed had been interesting, the progression of their relationship...from thievery to now having feelings for each other. It was indeed interesting.

"I have a shirt you can wear while you sleep, Lok," Taylor said as they came closer to his loft, "I will see to the drying of your clothes."

He opened the door, ushering the blond woman back into his dwelling. Taylor led Lok up to his guest room, where they paused, staring at each other again.

"When you are finished cleaning up, I will take your jumpsuit to the machine and have the droids clean it," Taylor gave her a warm smile, then leaning forward kissed her again. He nodded, then went and fetched her a long black shirt for her to wear while she slept.

"I will be downstairs fixing tea if you want some. If not, sleep well. Sleep well."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2002, 04:55:58 PM
Watching him descend the stairs, s'Il held the shirt he'd given her, standing motionless for a few seconds before retiring to the bedroom. She closed the door gently, and turned to face the room's interior.

Her eyes travelled along the walls to finally rest on the Imperial Crest, and she stared at it, her face utterly blank and devoid of any emotion.

It's a label, she reminded herself, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean anything.

And yet, a tiny part of her felt overwhelmed and a little intimidated; she couldn't help it.

s'Il shed her wet clothes, and pulling the shirt over her head, and it fell to just below her knees. Her nose picked up his scent in the fabric as it went over her head, and she closed her eyes, letting it fill her senses, once more praying she was doing the right thing.

A minute later she padded down the stairs on bare feet, carrying her folded clothes.

Taylor Millard
Jun 6th, 2002, 08:29:05 PM
Taylor smiled as s'Ilancy walked down the stairs. His blue eyes lit up, as he pour another cup of tea. Ushering s'Il into a stuffed leather chair next to a lamp that dimly lit the room, the Imperial Grand Admiral took the smuggler's wet clothes, then disappeared for a few minutes.

s'Ilancy gazed about her surrounding's in Millard's loft. A red carpet covered the floor, a glass coffee table on it. Two overstuffed leather chairs and one large couch sat on the carpet also- all three brown and quite comfortable. A row of books, each older than Millard and s'Ilancy combined rested on a shelf staring towards two large windows- giving the room a good view of the streets below.

A noise from a staircase, alerted s'Ilancy of Taylor's return. He took his tea from the table, sipping it, then sat down on the chair across from the smuggler.

"You look nice," he said conversationally, as he and s'Il sipped their tea, "So what are you plans now? Still planning on Chandrila heist? If so, what arre you planning on removing this time?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2002, 11:02:22 PM
s'Il smiled lightly at his comment, taking a sip from her tea. She drew up her legs, making it seem as though her body mass had been cut in half, and sighed.

"I don't know; I was on Corellia a few days ago, pulled a job at the Coronet City Museum of Fine Arts. I may take a break for a little while, go back to some of my other stuff. Chandrila is a real 'maybe' endeavor now. I mean.............."

She trailed off, staring lazily into his eyes, then blinked as if trying to clear her thoughts.

"I'll probably go out to the Corporate Sector, cause general mayhem. I've got a few deliveries and pickups to make out there as it is. I should probably leave sometime tomorrow or the day after."

s'Il's gaze swept over the room once more, and she settled deeper into the leather chair as her eyes came to rest once more on Millard. For the moment, she didn't want to move, or leave for that matter. She was utterly content for the time being, and smiled.

"What about you? What's on your agenda," she queried, taking another sip.

Taylor Millard
Jun 7th, 2002, 12:38:04 PM
Taylor poured himself another cup of tea as he replied, "Not much. I have the next few days off from doing anything too military. Feels a bit odd, I rarely take days off. But I plan on going to the Titaneous Museum of Art tomorrow, then see about doing some sailing later on."

He closed his eyes, as if remembering more things, "Then I have to travel to a planet a few systems away for a meeting of some...collegues of mine."

The Dark Jedi chuckled, "General mayhem? I trust I'll be reading a press release about an unknown art thief in a few days?"

He gave s'Il a look of hidden amusement, then they both started laughing.

"Well, if you wish to go looking at the museum you are certainly welcome to accompany me. I won't be in Imperial uniform so you shouldn't feel uncomfortable. Are you accomodations satisfactory for the evening?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2002, 01:25:43 PM
Finishing her tea, s'Il grinned. "Well, it's not really art this time, but you might read something about it; all depends on how it goes down."

s'Il uncurled her legs and stood, still holding the cup, and padded to the window to look out to the night sky. In the two times she'd been brought here, it seemed this window always captured her attention; it's view akin to a living painting in her mind's eye. during the day, it displayed an assortment of goings on; but at night, it showed serenity and tranquility. She was taken in by it, thoroughly spellbound.

"I can put off leaving until the next day," she looked back at him and flashed another grin. "Just another perk of being my own boss; the schedule I have can be changed whenever I want it to, and I don't have to dress up to fly my ship. Hell, I usually fly The Rascal King in nothing but a t-shirt and boxers just because I can."

Metallic eyes once more sweeping to look out the window, she sighed.

"Your uniform doesn't make me uncomfortable," she said after a few minutes of thoughtful silence, "just your lightsaber. I can't help it though; it's just consequences of past naiveties. Nothing to do with you, so don't think it's your fault.

"And the bedroom is fine, thanks."

True, she was just a little intimidated, but she swept it beneath her mental rug with the rest of her insecurities; something she'd done countless times before.

Putting her back to the window then, s'Il smiled as she looked at him, a somewhat bewildered yet content look passing over her features.

"Everythings just..... fine."

Taylor Millard
Jun 7th, 2002, 04:14:11 PM
"Good," Taylor smiled again, something he hadn't done in plenty of years. Shows what this thing'll do to ya.

He laughed at her comment about t-shirt and boxers. There were times he knew, officers had wished to do the same.

Taylor set his empty tea cup down, towering over Lok as he came up to her. His right hand carressed her face, then her neck going over the scar at the base of it.

"How was it...you gained your scar? Does it have something to do with your fear of lightsabers?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2002, 06:29:26 PM
s'Il brought a hand up and placed it over his as it rested over the scar.

"I used to have one; a lightsaber. I'm dumber to the force than most non-force users, but I was already very good with a real blade, so I figured why not use a lightsaber, too. I 'got' one on a visit to Coruscant, and had it for about a year. I was actually doing pretty well with it; training myself to use it with the utmost care.

"It didn't matter."

Her eyes unfocused as she relived the night.

"I pulled a job on Commenor; everything was going great until a bounty hunter showed up. We faught, he disarmed me, then pinned me to the ground as he filleted me; slowly. I could feel everything in those minutes; everything shutting down, turning off, it was......."

s'Il trailed off, then looked to the side. "There's no real words to describe dying like that. He opened me up, from stomach to neck; everything neat and clean.

"And after that, I had it made. I was dead. I can't tell you how beautiful it was. It was calm. It was peaceful. I wanted to stay there forever. I had it made."

A sigh escaped her lips as she went on. "But, they beat me with the science stick until I came back. I came to in a bacta tank; the med droid said I'd been in it for four months recovering. Apparently I'd already been dead for half an hour before being dropped in.

"And that's that. I did my best to stay away from anyone who used lightsabers, but then, just over a month ago, I was at a bar that was attacked by a group of Dark Jedi, and now have another one."

She made a motion with her hand, indicating the horizontal path across her midriff the second scar occupied.

Motionless for a few seconds, she turned to look out the window, feeling his hand slid to rest on her shoulder. "I suppose that's why I collect art; I'm trying to find something that equals what I saw when I died; the same utter and complete....... beauty. And yet, while I love every single painting I have, none can ever hold a candle to what I saw and felt. The only one that comes remotely close is the partner to the Kharidha; the Rising Sun of Alderaan.

"In my own way I try to die all over again."

Taylor Millard
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:03:55 PM
Millard's other hand went around s'Il's waist, pulling her to him. Staring over her head, he wrapped his arms around her stomach, hugging her and kissing the top of her head.

"I'm sorry to hear that. About your injury," his eyes darkened as he felt his anger rise. Even if he and s'Ilancy were just beginning their relationship, no one...and he meant no one, should ever do what the bounty hunter did to her.

His anger calmed, as he thought of other things, "Yes...that artwork is gorgeous. I understand now why you attempted to take it, and why you steal art as a profession.

"Art reminds me of beauty as well, and what things once were. You hardly ever see artwork like the Kharidha ever. Not even here, where artists abound. They are a dime a dozen, artists of that calibur. Most are out copying, not dreaming of what else they might use. It saddens me, which is why I collect all I can. My mentor, Grand Admiral Thrawn, used to have a collection of holographic paintings he kept in his study. I do the same, they tend to sooth me when I am under duress."

Taylor bent his knees so his head could be level with s'Ilancy. Pulling her hair back with his hand, he kissed her neck, right next to the lightsaber scar, "I give you this promise, I will never lay a hand on you to hurt you or cause you pain. If I do, then I give you full right to hurt me in return."

"But why try to die? Why not enjoy the life you have? You have a career, something you enjoy doing...What might you be missing?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:41:14 PM
"I don't know," was all s'Il whispered, staring out at the night sky. She closed her eyes as she felt him brush back her hair, then kiss her next to her scar. "I just don't know."

She let him encircle her in his arms, seemingly melting into him. She didn't want to move.

"Being alone is a two edged sword," she finally ventured, staring out the window. "Sometimes I think I'm better off without anyone; I don't have to constantly worry. But then the sword swings back, and the loneliness eats me alive.

"Sometimes I step back and look at my life from the outside, and I can't help but shake my head at what I see; a 29 year-old art thief, ship palmer, smuggler, spice runner........" s'Il paused, then decided to finish her sentence. ".....and Liquid Silver addict who's so messed up it's amazing she got a second chance at life. Someone must love me up there; either that or they just didn't want me in Heaven yet. Either way, I don't know whether to be flattered or depressed.

"Maybe that's why I try to have fun in my life; to be spontaneous. I see it as being if I can keep on doing that sort of stuff, I don't have to worry about what's really going on underneath."

She scowled. "Escapism at its best."

Taylor Millard
Jun 7th, 2002, 07:50:20 PM
That last statemen caused a pause in Millard. Liquid silver? The drug that used to get soldiers addicted to it after they recovered from their injuries? Millard had heard of it, but never used it himself. Illegal drugs were something he tended to avoid, the same as their abusers.

"I see," his embrace loosened a bit as his thoughts came to him. Could he deal with this sort of knowledge? That the one woman who he'd allowed become more close to him in a day was addicted to a substance that killed people and ruined lives?

"It matters to me about your addiction to Liquid Silver. I admit I do not take it myself, nor have been around people who use it themselves," sighing he sat down, pulling s'Ilancy away from the window as he did.

He gazed into her silvery eyes, asking, "How did you get addicted to it? And is there anything I can do to keep you off it?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2002, 08:36:02 PM
And here's where it all starts to unravel.........

s'Il could feel his thoughts through his body, and closed her eyes tight. .....where it all falls apart.

As Millard pulled her with him while he sat, she stood in front of him. "It was while I was working for Nasha the Hutt; I was her assassin," another scowl. "The Metal Eyed Butcher, they all called me. At the time I was honored with the name, but now...." she clenched her teeth. "I killed so many people; I started taking it to help my reflexes so I could do my job better. Nowdays I still take it, though not as often."

Why did I let myself get into this-

Millard's last sentence finally caught up with her, and she stared into his eyes. Slowly reaching a tentative hand out, she ran her fingers over them, drawn into their cold blue depths.

"You would want to help me?" she finally said, the confusion easily evident in her voice. "Why?"

I'm too far gone; I've already fallen.

Taylor Millard
Jun 8th, 2002, 03:49:12 PM
"I'll admit, I've never lost a friend to stim usage, nor had many who used them," Taylor spoke as he stared into her eyes, "There were rumors all around the Star Destroyer though, of pilots who were doping so they could up their kill score. None of it was proven though...and I never took any."

His left hand reached up, caressing her face and her neck, "I enjoy helping people. But not just that, I want to help you because in the period of a day you have become someone I want to know more, and wish to spend time with."

Taylor put his feet up on the leather stool infront of the leather chair, then pulled s'Ilancy on top of him.

"I can help you out, if you want me to. If not, I'll still be here for you, should you ever need it."

Then he hugged her again, and held her close as the clock on the mantel struck 3.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 8th, 2002, 06:36:29 PM
This was so different for s'Il that she did nothing but let him hold her; it was all she could think of to do as she rested her forehead on his chest and thought about his words.

They'd only known each other a day, and look what had come of it; it made her wonder how he could be so sure of himself and what he wanted. She herself, while in some things resolute, was never sure of some of her decisions.

And so she lay in his arms, silent as death, mulling over her thoughts before finally speaking.

"Have there ever been any other women in your life?"

To him it might have seemed like it came from out of nowhere, but as the saying went, there was 'a method to her madness,' and s'Il had a reason for the question.

Taylor Millard
Jun 8th, 2002, 06:48:22 PM
Millard paused a bit. semi-suprised by her question. It was a legitimate question, as the Grand Admiral did seem so sure that his budding relationship with s'Ilancy was sure. A natural order of progression, he thought, After all Lok had admitted to her own other relationships with other men...it was logical for her to want to know what his relationships were like.

"As I said earlier, do not assume I have experience with other women," he smiled as his thoughts went back, "My father was a bit...wary of me having relationships with women on Balmorra. His reasoning I never discovered, nor did I ask he or my mother at any point.

"My brother was rather the ladies man though, going from relationship to relationship- I suppose it goes with being the younger, more apt sibling. When my brother died, I immersed myself in reading and helping my mother with her shipping business."

Taylor leaned back in the chair, inhaling s'Ilancy's scent as he did, "So no there weren't any real women in my life. I have been on dates though, but no real serious relationships. Yourself?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:27:40 PM
s'Il said nothing for a few moments, processing his answer while trying to collect her own thoughts.

"There've been a few; Khendon being one. Most of the time though they just leave after finding out..." s'Il hesitated; after all, that was one of the reasons she'd always been alone; men tended to want someone who could further their family line, and she......

I can't....

"I can't have children."

Taylor Millard
Jun 8th, 2002, 07:37:02 PM
Taylor nodded. Even that made sense, the attack from the bounty hunter that gave her the scar up and down her body.

He began to feel his anger, boiling up, thinking what the hunter had done to a woman who was becoming of interest to him.

Taylor sighed, then smiled, "It doesn't matter. There are other ways to produce children- to where the parents are the real parents."

His hand lightly clipped her nose, as his cold blue eyes got an edge to them, "What was the bounty hunter's name? The hunter who attacked and hurt you?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:10:27 PM
She stared into his eyes, seeing the sharpness that crept into them, and she sighed tiredly.

"I don't know who it was; it was dark and the whole thing happened so fast. It was like he'd been waiting for me to show up. He was stronger than me, and that's all that mattered."

Her eyes closed as she lay atop him, the events of the day catching up to her, and though even with her nap earlier, she was still feeling worn out.

s'Il laid her head against his chest once more.

Bringing a hand up, she placed it on the bare skin of his lower neck, feeling the warmth his body generated. Her hand soaked in the heat, and she relished the feeling as she began to drift off.

Alot had happened this evening.

Taylor Millard
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:22:17 PM
Millard nodded, as though he were agreeing with s'Il as she thought about the entire day. His own blue eyes began to close as his age caught up with him.

Sleeping on the chair would not be a bad thing, instead the woman he was with was making it all the more worth it. Loklorian s'Ilancy was an interesting woman indeed. A smile that didn't want to leave his face sprung up as his arms went around s'Il's body.

He kissed her forehead again, and the two fell asleep.