PDA

View Full Version : Dooku basic fig

darth_mcbain
May 28th, 2002, 10:29:29 AM
Ok, maybe this has been touched on before. I got a Dooku basic fig and there are two accessories which are curious. First is a hologram of Darth Sidious - not in the film (and not a cut-scene either, to my knowledge). Second is a second, green saber. Now I believe that there was a cut scene with Dooku fighting with two sabers, but I thought he used Anakin's blue saber as Obi-Wan's green one was destroyed. Is this a mistake in the toy production?

ReaperFett
May 28th, 2002, 03:25:47 PM
He used green, fought Yoda, IIRC

darth_mcbain
May 28th, 2002, 04:52:36 PM
Ok, call me dumb, but "IIRC"? :huh

And BTW, if he did fight with green as you say, then where did this pics come from?

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/cut/dualdooku2.jpg

Looks blue to me

JMK
May 28th, 2002, 06:26:15 PM
I'm dumb too, what is "IIRC"?

ReaperFett
May 28th, 2002, 07:46:53 PM
If
I
Recall
Correctly

And hmmm about the pic. THe one I saw must have been incorrect colouring. It does happen, a poster with Mace I have is white/blueish.

BTW, if you look, I believe it is Kit's sabre

Jedieb
May 28th, 2002, 09:13:43 PM
This is the most likely explanation. When Hasbro develops a figure then have to have anywhere from 12-18 months to get that figure ready for the production line. All of the figures that you've seen so far were begun well over a year ago. At one point, Hasbro was probably told or given artwork that showed Dooku with those two sabers. Hasbro was probably also told that Dooku would be communicating with Sidious via Hologram. A concrete example of this that I can confirm is the 3PO figure. The reason you have the removable skin is because at one point there was going to be a scene with Padme attaching 3PO's final covering. Somewhere along the filming of AOTC Lucas decided the scene wasn't necessary and so Anakin and Padme find a 3PO with all of his coverings. But because Hasbro thought that scene was going to be in the film they made a 3PO with removable skin. For TPM we had the cut scene of R2 falling off the landing platform and using his rockets so we got a R2 with rockets in the TPM line. Because of the long lead time, these things happen all of the time.

But you know, it could just have been a simple screw up.:p

Hunk
May 28th, 2002, 09:17:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
A concrete example of this that I can confirm is the 3PO figure. The reason you have the removable skin is because at one point there was going to be a scene with Padme attaching 3PO's final covering. Somewhere along the filming of AOTC Lucas decided the scene wasn't necessary and so Anakin and Padme find a 3PO with all of his coverings. But because Hasbro thought that scene was going to be in the film they made a 3PO with removable skin.

And thank goodness for that. I love the new 3PO figure

Jedieb
May 28th, 2002, 09:47:47 PM
I think it's a pretty neat figure. We'll probably get another one without that feature so those people that want a complete version will get their wish.

ReaperFett
May 29th, 2002, 07:28:53 AM
Also, I think Palpatine has a holo

Jedieb
May 29th, 2002, 10:38:32 AM
Palpatine is coming without any accesories. It would have made sense to have shipped him with some kind of holo, since he's in several scenes in which he communicates via holo, but he's got nothing.