PDA

View Full Version : What I'm all about [Open RP]

Eve Siren
May 27th, 2002, 06:06:16 PM
OOC: This is an open RP. Anybody and everybody is welcome. This is supposed to be some sort of concert. So sit back, grab a beer, sing, dance, have fun. =)

OC:

The lights slowly opened, a light crimson turning quickly into a beautiful violet then to a magnificent blue. Lights winging behind the shadowed figure in triangles, almost 20 of them. Eve Siren stood on the black stage, her hands resting on the mic, holding high on its stick. She breathed slowly to calm herself. Tonight, she was nor a Sith Knight, nor a lost little soldier. She was a simple girl.

" ... Last time I talked to you
You were lonely and out of place
You were looking down on me
Lost out in space
Layed underneath the stars
Strung out and feeling brave
Watch the red orange glow
Watch it float away ..."

Lights finally flashed on the girl. Because of training, she was well built, but because of fights, she was scarred on her arms and shoulders. Wearing a torn sleeveless shirt, Eve leaned into the mic as the drumer, bass and electric guitar player played louder.

"Down here the atmosphere
Garbage and city lights
Gonna save your tired soul
You're gonna save our lives
I turned on the radio
To find you were tired of lying
I waited for the sky to fall
I waited for a sign
And all we are, is all so far."

Eve then closed her eyes, as the chorus came. The most important part of a song to her. The body was always important ... You wouldn't be much with only your head or your feet. She pulled the mic from its stand. Her right hand gently gripped onto the metal silver of the mic, her other hand holding onto its black stand.

"You're falling back to me
The star that I can't see
I know you're out there, somewhere out there
You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there, somewhere out there"

A slight silence, that seemed to last an eternity weighed on Eve's shoulder. She opened her brown orangey eyes and stared out at the audience. It was like in slow motion ... until the song continued.

"I hope you remember me
When you're homesick and need a change
I miss your blue* hair
I miss the way you taste
I know you'll come back someday
On a bed of nails I wait
I'm prayin' that you don't burn out
Or fade away
And all we are, is all so far

You're falling back to me
The star that I can't see
I know you're out there, somewhere out there
Defying gravity
I know you're out there, somewhere out there."

The girl repeated the end 3 times more, before lowering her voice, already tired. Her voice almost panting.

"You're falling back to me
I know, I know
I know ..."

The audience went wild, though they didn't know her real name. She only used "Dark Angel" as artist name. She kissed her first two fingers on her right hand, and lifted her hand up in the air, before every light shut down, the room going completely black. Eve went into the backroom and sighed. She smiled faintly at her other musicians, gave them the high five to few and walked out. She reached the bar, without people noticing as she walked on the side of the wall, the other band coming to rock the stage. She sat down, and exhaled, ordering a JD.

"Thanks." She muttered.

OOC: *blue; the real word is purple, but I changed it to blue to make allusion to Eve's 'crush'.

Syren Lysandor
May 27th, 2002, 09:16:21 PM
OOC: You mean ... A FUN post ? Not one where you go around wanting to bash people ? x_x Well, maybe after a few drinks you will .. i^^

IC:

"... If you weren't so cold all the time, I'd recommend you in the music business."

The somewhat sarcastic tone of voice caused Eve to turn her head to see who spoke. Eve, probably expecting to see some complaining teenager, had a sneer on her face. What she saw instead was the face of Syren, her *lost* roommate.

"Nice song .. I'll take a JD, too, barkeep."

Sitting down next to Eve, Syren picked up her order and took a sip before setting it down.

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
May 28th, 2002, 10:14:09 AM
"Pop music, I'll never understand it."

Casey stood there and watched as Eve exited the stage. He looked around at the other humans and some aliens in the crowd going wild for Eve. Casey stopped to watch them freak out over her.

"This is why I listen to the hard stuff. You never see anyone crying at one of those concerts."

Even though Casey didn't care much for the music, he thought that Eve had done a great job.

Eve Siren
May 28th, 2002, 02:02:45 PM
OOC- FYI, That was a Our Lady Peace song. It ain't pop.

IC- "Thanks ... Where the hell have you been ? The trail of men waiting in front of your door was so long, it continued, even at the exit of the HQ. Couldn't sleep, bitch."

Eve said that, with a slight grin or smile, it was hard to see, but a light chuckle escaped her mouth. The bartender came back with the order, and Eve immediately took a long sip, waiting for Syren's reply, while eyeing a stranger who seemed talking to himself in a corner there.

Syren Lysandor
May 28th, 2002, 02:42:20 PM
"Who, me ? Oh, among my seas of admirers ... And where have you been, Ms. I-Couldn't-Sleep ? Hm, I wonder why you couldn't sleep."

Accentuating the word "why", Syren winked, laughing quietly to herself. Seeing Eve's eyes stray away to a certain somebody/nobody, she looked over and saw a lone man who seemed to be ... "insane?"

Eve Siren
May 28th, 2002, 02:45:56 PM
"Why ? 'Tis because of the one thing I am afraid, my dear. No, not the monsters underneath my bed, nor your snoring, which I miss, by the way."

Eve gave back a wink, another laugh slipping from her lips. She took another sip of her JD, then looked at it silently. JD ... His favorite.

Syren Lysandor
May 28th, 2002, 02:50:13 PM
"What ?! I did no such thing,"

She replied indignantly, and flipped her hair over her shoulder, sending off an "air". Grinning crookedly, she noticed Eve looking at the JD oddly, but figured that maybe the lights in the place were getting to her head.

Eve Siren
May 28th, 2002, 02:59:21 PM
"Heh. You SO do, bitch."

Eve took her attention off of the JD and looked at Syren, pulling the tip of her tongue out playfully at her roomate.

"And what's new with you ?" She then asked.

Syren Lysandor
May 28th, 2002, 03:49:38 PM
"Nothing much ...[i]

Syren smirked slightly. If Eve was going to call her "Bitch", then she would pretend she never noticed.

[i]"So, how's the whole Sith Knight thing going ?"

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
May 28th, 2002, 06:48:17 PM
OOC:Sorry, I've heard of them but never listened to them. They any good?

"I better get a drink before all these fraks rush the bar and start a line."

Casey walked up to the bar and pulled up a stool to sit. The bar keep had his back turned to him. Casey cleared his throat.

" Eh hum!"

The bar keep turns around and looks at Casey.

"What will it be?"

"Scotch."

The bar keep grabs a bottle and pours it into a glass. He stops and looks at Casey. Casey motions him for more, so the bar keep fills it up to the top.

"ANything else?"

"No."

Eve Siren
May 29th, 2002, 09:55:56 AM
"The Sith Knight side is going well ... Though I haven't seen Rama in a while. I'm getting worried, quite franckly. He seems to disappear too often."

Eve took a small sip of her JD, sensing the 'weird' figure approach the bar. Then again, it wasn't any of her business. She didn't like people putting their nose in her business, so she never did the same.

"You ?"

Syren Lysandor
May 29th, 2002, 09:24:42 PM
"It's alright .. Everything seems to be the same though, like when I was with my gang before I came to join .. Except for the whole Darkside thing .."

She sighed slightly, pushing her red bangs away from her face.

"Not that I don't enjoy it .. I do, but I wish there was something new."

Vega Van-Derveld
May 30th, 2002, 11:40:17 AM
The bar door clattered shut as Vega strode through in towards the bar. The whole place was totally heaving with people, most of which were hyped up on some form of alcohol or narcotics. With a relative ease, he pushed through the droves past the bar. Much to the bartenders dismay, a handle full of bottles of Jack Daniels seemed to dissapear as the dark haired figure skulked past.

Noticing that the act for the night had already performed, he assumed she'd be hanging out somewhere in the audience. A grin spread over his lips as he caught sight of his sister, as well as the red head he was growing to know.

"Evening,"

He called, eventually shoving his way through to where the two were. His grin grew somewhat as he bowed - causing a chcukle amongst some around him - before slapping the JD down on the table infront of him.

Eve Siren
May 30th, 2002, 03:25:30 PM
"Ah, Vega."

Eve turned around, as the Sith Lord bowed, and grinned also. The others around was amazed, whispering. But then again, people everywhere recongnized the feared Sith Lord Vega Van Derveld.

"Why did you come here ? Came to sing a little tune or just to bug me, as usual ? ... Oh, forgive me. Syren, this is Vega Van Derveld, I believe you've heard of before."

Tempist Opps
May 30th, 2002, 04:58:08 PM
A shadowy figgure in the back stood from his seat as his friend, 'Dark Angel' finished her performance. He too claped for her, and silently made his way to the front. After a minite or two with no one else rising to the stage, he climbed up and stood infront of the mic. He had the music pre-programed, and his song would only activate at his presence.

A slow, eerie tune crawled across the room, quickly picked up by grinding chords. The man opened his mouth, and words began to pour from it, in a powerful baritone voice.

"Sit back, bare your cross to me
Oh won't I listen
God damn, have I burned my hands
On what's been missing.

I feel.... Unreal...
Every time I try and stop to feel
Pick me up, my friend,
Let me start again...."

Chaos poured from the speakers once more, this time matched by his screaming vocals.

"YOU ----ED WITH ME
BEHIND THIS GARDEN
DON'T ---- WITH ME"

"Long before I could even see
...You're what was missing
Twisting deep inside of me
forever missing the glistenin'

I feel.... Unreal...
Every time I try and stop to feel
Pick me up, my friend,
Hold closed your hand.

YOU ----ED WITH ME
BEHIND THIS GARDEN
DON'T ---- WITH ME"

The music seemed to break down into a quieter secquence, but the agression and pain remained.

"Can you see all the clear skin infront of me?
Can you see, can you see what you want to see?
Can you see there's a little spot of hate in me?
Can't you see? Can't you tell I'm..."

He screamed out a not understandable word, and continued after some more grinding.

"Bleeding emotions...
Bleeding emotions...

Sat back, bore your soul to me.
But did I listen?
God damn, did I burn my hands...
on what was missing, the glistenin'.....

I feel... Unreal... everytime I try and stop to feel
Pick me up, my friend
Hold closed my hand.

YOU ----ED WITH ME
BEHIND THIS GARDEN
YOU ----ED WITH ME
WITHIN THIS GARDEN
DON'T ---- WITH ME"

As the song ended, the cloaked figgure that the crowd knew only as "The Rooster" lept into the air, and disapeared into the rafters within the blink of an eye. Only moments later, a shadowy man appeared in The Rooster's seat. No one noticed.

ooc: "Unreal", by Soil. I changed one word because it didn't fit tempist's character otherwise.

Syren Lysandor
May 30th, 2002, 07:53:26 PM
Syren glanced over her shoulder and saw Vega, with his usual JD.

"Actually, Eve, we have met before."

She paused slightly.

"Hello once more ... Vega."

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
May 30th, 2002, 09:36:00 PM
Casey looks over to the bartender.

"Is it open mic night or something?"

"By the looks of it."

"Really"

Casey walks through the crowd and onto the stage. He took some sort of disk from his coat and used to the force to levitate it into the sound system an a slow beat begins to play.

"Wish I was to dead to cry
The self-affliction fades
Stones to throw in my creator
Massacres to which I cater"

Louder singing

"You don’t need to bother
I don’t need to be
I’ll keep slipping farther
But once I hold on I won’t let go ‘til it bleeds"

"Wish I was to dead to care
If indeed i cared at all
Never had a voice to protest
So you fed me -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- to digest
I wish I had a reason
My flaws are open season
For this I gave up trying
One good turn deserves my dying"

Louder singing

I don’t need to be

Casey looks down at the ground as he sings.

"Wish I died instead of lived
The zombie hides my face
Shelf forgotten with its memories
Diaries left with cryptic entries"

I don’t need to be

I don’t need to be
But once I hold on I’ll never look down my deceits"

Casey steps away from the mic and walks back over to his drink at the bar.

ooc: Bother by Corey Taylor. Great song.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 31st, 2002, 09:42:35 AM
"Sing? Me? Ha!"

Vega stifled a laugh, gesturing one hand at the crowds around.

"I'm here for these fools, not to sing," he said with a dark grin, glancing to Syren with a nod in greeting.

Eve Siren
May 31st, 2002, 04:46:04 PM
Eve waved at Tempist, still surprised at his new form, then her attention fell back on Vega. She shook her head and shrugged. She didn't feel like ... being dark tonight.

"Whatever you want, but I'm out of here." She said, standing up from her chair, as she swallowed the rest of her JD.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:14:50 AM
Vega smirked and feigned a pout.

"Spoil sport."

Eve Siren
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:14:03 AM
"Arrogant man-whore."

Eve pulled her tongue out at Vega, then tapped her hand lightly on Syren's shoulder, as in sign of goodbye, before getting out from the back of the bar, walking in a dark alley of garbage, graffitis and rats.

"Ugh. Great, just great."

She kicked a can of garbage out of her way, and sighed.