PDA

View Full Version : Seeking admittance

Evi Hawke
May 27th, 2002, 11:18:54 AM
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

And there had been a great deal of challenge and controversy regarding his leaving. He had been forbidden to do so. It went against everything he had been taught, everything he was, to defy his grandmother. Rules were very important to him. They were there for a reason-- to create order. He hated chaos. But he had left. And there was nothing he could do about it now. In his heart he knew it was the right decision. Had he not left he would have become trapped like so many of the young men at home. The moment Evi Hawke had met his future wife he knew it was time to leave. Quickly. He decided to chase after his dream. It was still there buried underneath all the traditions and rituals. He wanted to be a Jedi.

Now he found himself in a Jedi recruitment center. The realization of just where he was backhanded him out of the haze he had been in since he left and into sharp reality. He couldn't go back, not now. There would be too much trouble if he did. Evi suddenly felt trapped, like a mouse that had gone too far into a paper tube. He couldn't move forward and he couldn't go back.

He was stuck.

Xazor Elessar
May 27th, 2002, 11:33:23 AM
Xazor stepped from her place in the shadows. Her blue robes gentle flowed behind her on the ground, and her hair adorned in Garou Warrior braids, swung sightly with each step she took. The gold coins interwoven into them glanged gently together until she stopped. Bowing to the newcomer, she rose and smiled.

"Greetings to you......I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider.....it is nice to meet you, Evi, is it?"

She had quickly probed his aura and mind to find a name....something she was very good at. The Knight smiled at his surprised expression. Her elongated canines gleamed in the light, as did the silver specks in her deep blue eyes. She could sense a tearing at his heart...something was holding him back...but then again...it was allowing him to move on. He was...well, stuck, so she thought in her mind. Smiling at the familiar feeling, she waited for him to speak.

Evi Hawke
May 27th, 2002, 12:37:55 PM
Evi turned at the voice and smiled, his dilemma momentarily forgotten.

"Evi? Oh yes, my name." he smiled, nervously. "It is nice to meet you as well Jedi Dawnstrider. You'll have to excuse me, this is my first time away from home alone and I am somewhat nervous."

Somewhat was putting it mildly. He was a wreck, a ball of nerves. He took a few deep breaths and ran a hand through his mass of blonde curls. He was quite tall for his age and lanky, which added to his nervousness. Evi was at an awkward age, never feeling comfortable in his body and quite clumsy at times.

Xazor Elessar
May 27th, 2002, 12:42:53 PM
Xazor smiled in understand and nodded.

"I know how you feel.....so, what brings you to the Jedi? Do you wish to join in serving the Light?"

She questioned with a gentle smile.

Evi Hawke
May 27th, 2002, 01:04:27 PM
"Y-Yes I do. Very much so." he answered earnestly. Evi felt a thrill of excitement run down his spine. He couldn't help but smile.

Xazor Elessar
May 27th, 2002, 05:24:53 PM
Xazor smiled brightly and nodded.

"I then welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. We are short on Masters and Knights who are able to take on Padawans right now....but if you like, you may join the Force class in the Academy! You will learn all of the basics of the Force.....so I highly recommoned you join."

She said with a gentle smile.

Evi Hawke
May 28th, 2002, 05:02:45 PM
"I will do just that Jedi Dawnstrider." his voice changed from a formal respect to pure excitement.

"Thank-you....thank-you so much!"

Evi exclaimed smiling. "Is there somewhere I can place my things? I don't have too much....just some clothes and pictures." He motioned to the backpack at his feet.

Xazor Elessar
May 28th, 2002, 06:40:14 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled; it brought joy to her heart to see one so happy.

"Indeed....the Jedi Living Quarters are where you may wish to go. You may choose a room there and live right here on the Jedi Base, if you wish. That is where most of us stay...and I do reccommend the East Wing! That is where I am staying and it has the most beautiful view one could ever hope to see!"

Nyth Galanos
May 28th, 2002, 08:46:12 PM
"Master!"

Nyth strode through the door. He looked at the new padawan and smiled warmly. He reached out wiht the Force trying to find his name..

"E...Ev....Master, you need to teach me that more throughly, you're not doign your job!"

He joked. He would never dream of commanding Xazor. SHe gazed at him and smiled.

"Nyth, meet Evi Hawke. Evi, this is my Padawan Nyth Galanos"

Nyth bowed slightly.

"Its a pleasure"

Xazor Elessar
May 29th, 2002, 05:46:29 PM
It was good to see one of her other Padawans this day. Having them meet one another was a nice occurance also.

"It is nice to see that you two have made each others acquaintance. I would like to gather all of my Padawans sometime..."

Evi Hawke
May 30th, 2002, 05:13:03 PM
"The pleasure is mine, Nyth is it? Perhaps, providing your schedule permits it, we can get together sometime."

Evi smiled at Nyth and then turned it to Xazor.

"How many Padawans do you have?" he asked curiously.

Xazor Elessar
May 30th, 2002, 08:07:09 PM
Xazor looked down and blushed before looking up at Evi.

"I have nearly ten now. About eight to be exact. My schedule is so crazy because of it...but I wouldn't have it any other way."

Evi Hawke
May 31st, 2002, 07:42:21 PM
Evi was surprised. He had thought his schedule was hectic but it was rural compared to what Xazors was most likely like.

"It must be hard work...though gratifying by the sound of it."

Evi smiled back at her.

Xazor Elessar
May 31st, 2002, 08:10:51 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled brightly.

"Oh indeed it is....it is the best that way."

She said gently. That was her life...and she loved having so many learners...

Evi Hawke
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:28:24 PM
Evi nodded and then hoisted his bag onto his shoulder.

"I thank you again for your help. I don't mean to be impolite, but If I may, I'd like to go and see about that room."

Xazor Elessar
Jun 8th, 2002, 09:30:58 PM
Xazor bowed and smiled gently.

"May the Force be with you...."

She said softly. Saying her good-byes to Nyth, she parted in the shadows as she had come...