PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch "In Memoriam" on HBO last night?

Darth Viscera
May 27th, 2002, 05:58:43 AM
It was basically a documentary about 9/11. Very powerful stuff, really :| . It just reinforces my opinion that we need to take Saddam Hussein out of power, and soon. He's already caused nearly 3 million deaths in the Middle East (Iranians, Iraqis, Israelis, Palestinians, Kuwaitis), how many more people have to die before we take action against him?

Marcus Telcontar
May 27th, 2002, 06:10:57 AM
How about stopping the possible nuclear war in South Asia first?

Okay, flippant remark, but man, Hussein is a little fish compared to Inda and Pakistan. Both counties who would have no problems with lobbing a few megaton about and have the systems NOW. Fact is, Pakistan scares me more than some basically impotent dictactor. Pakistan is a hotbed for extremeism and has nukes. And medium range missiles.

Doesnt that worry you? Worries me a damn sight more.

Darth Viscera
May 27th, 2002, 06:19:26 AM
Truth. India is way too densely populated for those people to be going toe to toe in nuclear combat.

EDIT~And the security of those Pakistani IRBMs does give me the shivers, considering.

Marcus Telcontar
May 27th, 2002, 06:25:06 AM
Wanna make a bet? India and Pakistan hate each other with a passion that goes beyond Arab / Israel. The next war in the sub continent will escalate to nuclear in a blink - and the likely senario would be Pakistan fires first and India retaliates. India would probably win a ground war, which may leave the leaders in Pakistan with what they feel as no choice but to escalate.

Fact is, if Bush was truly serious, Hussein would be more than likely dead. You had the chance in 91, there have been other chances. But he is small compared to what the sub continent could become and that is what I would be worried about now

Darth Viscera
May 27th, 2002, 06:33:26 AM
:(
Very depressing.

ReaperFett
May 27th, 2002, 09:55:32 AM
That's why I really dislike how Bush/Heads of the US keep constantly saying who the "Evil Seven" or whatever are. Shouldn't you finish the jobs at hand first?