PDA

View Full Version : A proper cup of tea.

Mr Dust
May 26th, 2002, 08:19:43 PM
The gaunt Jedi Padawan enters the bar and takes a seat in the middle of the room, facing the bar. He removes his bowler, placing it on the table in front of him. Motioning to the waitress, he places his order.

I would like a cup of hot tea, if you would. One slice of lemon, as well. Thank you.

Once his tea arrives, he begins calmly drinking, observing the rules of propriety in table manners. So many uncouth beings in this bar... how is a proper gentleman to function?

Taataani Meorrrei
May 26th, 2002, 08:46:22 PM
Taa couldn't help but stare at the man, despite the rudeness of the act. He looked pale, thin, and rather...unhealthy. It was uneasy for Taataani's doting nature to see somebody in such a sad shape, and her mood reflected it, as her ears drooped. She approached his table slowly, putting a sympathetic hand on top of one of his.

Arrre jyou alrrrjight? You don't look well.

Taa placed a hand to the man's head.

No temperrraturrre, hmm....have jyou been eatjing well?

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 26th, 2002, 10:39:36 PM
Daani hopped over to her 'aunt,' and stood there, hopping at her side, watching the pale bald forrda with bright eyes.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 26th, 2002, 10:55:49 PM
Seer watched from nearby, noting the bald forrda being talked to by an older Cizerack woman and a young female cub. The young cub she knew to be Daannarri, Cirr's sister but the other one she had only heard about from her mother, Taataani Meeorreei was supposedly a bit dim, not that something like that would matter but in knowing the last name, she knew who the other was related to. Seer's eyes then drifted to the bald one, he was so pale and seemed half dead in a way, but his scent told her that he was healthy enough for now. For the time being, Seer just decided to stay quiet, occasionally giving small pieces of meat to her son, Morrouw but otherwise just watching to see what unfolded.

Mr Dust
May 26th, 2002, 11:13:59 PM
The appearance of the two females startles Mr. Dust. After hearing the woman's comment and reasurring pat, he cannot help but chuckle.

Madam, I appreciate your concern, but let me assure you, I am in perfect health. My race is... gaunt... by nature. Nothing is out of order.

Though, have no fear, you are not the first to assume such. Many have assumed I was on death's door... and some to ill ends by that assumption.

Ah, but where are my manners?

Mr. Dust stands up abruptly, bowing,

Welcome to my table, ladies. Would you care for a seat?

He pulls back a near chair, offering it to the nearest woman.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 26th, 2002, 11:21:21 PM
Taa took a seat, smiling at the pale creature's polite demeanor.

Oh, whjy thank jyou!

Taa tsks at Daani, grabbing her tail.

Daanji! Ssstop that, and sssjit down.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 26th, 2002, 11:35:02 PM
"Eep!" Daani stumbled mid hop, and sat abruptly as Mrs. Meorrrei yanked her tail.

She opened her mouth to retort something rude, but then snapped it shut again with another, barely restrained squeak. Daani folded her arms in front of her and pouted.

Mr Dust
May 26th, 2002, 11:42:09 PM
After helping the woman to her seat, he once again chuckles lightly.

Ah, what a charming child!

He takes her hand in his and helps her to a seat.

Have a seat, my dear. I am honored to have you join me. Would you like a tea cake?

He places a tea cake squarely onto a napkin and slides it toward the little girl.

Now, on to introductions. I am Mr. Dust. Might I have the pleasure of knowing your names?

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 26th, 2002, 11:49:04 PM
Her eyes lit up a the sight of the treat, and she stuffed the whole thing into her mouth before the bald forrda had even finished his question.

"Mmm Daaamif!" She chewed hurriedly as her aunt shot her a look that made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. Swallowing hard, the little Cizerack girl repeated, "jI'm Daanji. Daanarrji, actualljy, but everrrjyone callsss me Daanji."

A crumb fell from her lip to the table top, and she quickly popped it back into her mouth, flashing the male a bright smile.

Mr Dust
May 27th, 2002, 12:03:27 AM
Mr. Dust smiles warmly.

Very well, Miss Daani it shall be. I am very pleased to make your aquantance. Turning to the other woman. And who might you be madam?

Taataani Meorrrei
May 27th, 2002, 04:05:13 PM
Taa's smile widens, the sun catching on her glasses slightly.

Taataanji Meorrrrrrrrreji. Daanarrrrrrji jisss the sssjisssterrr of mjy ssson-jin-law. Ssshe ssstajysss wjith mjy famjiljy sssometjimesss.

Her smile widens a little more, and she shakes her head a little at the man.

jYou arrre a mossst peculjiarrr forrda...jif jyou don't mjind me sssajyjing ssso. Do jyou have famjiljy herrre?

Mr Dust
May 27th, 2002, 04:38:36 PM
Mr. Dust inclines his head toward the woman at her comment.

Why thank you madam. I have never wished to be known as "common". As for my family, no, none of them are here. They are all far away, beyond the outer rim. I am merely here to train with the Jedi. Are there any other of your family near by?

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 27th, 2002, 05:27:23 PM
Daani licked her fingers energetically, and then twitched her ears, looking for more food as the adults talked.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 27th, 2002, 07:01:09 PM
The outerrr rrrjim? Mjy...that jisss sssome djissstance!

Taa blinked, a sympathetic look to her face. She couldn't imagine living such a rural existence. There was so much to see and do in the middle and inner core, and somebody from the Outer Rim could only guess at the fun to be had. It was very sad to her.

Well, jI hope jyou enjojy jyourrr tjime herrre. Beforrre jyou rrreturrrn home, jyou sssjimpljy mussst trrravel to Carrrssshouljisss Prrrjime. jIt jisss the mossst wonderrrful place.

She smiled at his question, fidgeting with her glasses.

Famjiljy? Mjy daughterrr and herrr matesss ljive herrre, orrr sssomewherrre nearrrbjy. Thejy move often...

Her voice takes on a lower, more disdainful tone.

...ssshe worrrksss forrr mjy sssjisssterrr, but letsss not brrrjing that up.

Changing the subject, she redoubles her toothy smile.

Anjywajy! Ssshe doesss busssjinessssss arrround herrre. jI ljive on Carrrssshouljisss, about two parrrsssecsss towarrrd the Corrre. Sssame asss ljittle Daanji.

She smiled down at the energetic little girl, and back up to the man.

Hasss anjybodjy had lunch jyet?

Mr Dust
May 28th, 2002, 08:10:56 PM
I have actually travelled little in my time. I come from a long line of outer rim Jedi. My work has kept me in that area. It is my strange manifestation of the Force that has brought me here.

But enough with my past. You are right, it is quite past lunch time. What would you like to eat?

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 28th, 2002, 09:29:16 PM
"Everrrjythjing!" Daani excitedly piped up, and added, "Essspecjialljy sajoji, thejy'rrre mjy favorrrjite!"

Her tail whipped around in her excitement, and Daani knocked a glass off of a serving droids tray. She ducked low in her chair, ears down, and suddenly somber.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 28th, 2002, 09:47:51 PM
Taataani smiles and nods, agreeing with the little girl's voracious sentiment...and turns to an approaching serving droid.

How about...two dozen sssajoji, a dozen paddjy frrrogsss, two whole rrraw dewback tenderrrlojinsss, and...

Taa smirked

...two ljive chjickensss...jif Daanarrrrrrji prrromjisssesss to clean up herrr featherrrsss.

She returned her attention to the gaunt humanoid

Mjisssterrr...Dussst? Would jyou ljike anjythjing?

Mr Dust
May 29th, 2002, 08:49:28 PM
These felinoid creatures seem to consume large amounts of food. Mr. Dust, as usual, would order something more... dignified.

I will have the pate de fois gras and a croissant, if you would.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 29th, 2002, 11:42:20 PM
Daani tapped her fingers on the table and swung her legs, eagerly anticpating the feast Taa had ordered for them. "jI'll clean up the featherrrsss! jI prrromissse!" Orrr majybe Cjirrrrrr wjill ssshow up, and he'll do jit forrr me. She grinned to herself, and then looked up inquisitively to the male they were going to be eating with.

"What happened to yourrr hajirrr?!" Her eyes were wide, and her tone indicated her barely restrained curiousity. "Djid jit fall out? That happened to mjy motherrr once. But ssshe got a wjig." Daani giggled, "Ssshe looked funnjy!"

Mr Dust
May 30th, 2002, 08:19:39 PM
Once again, the child's impulsiveness elicits a laugh from the gaunt Jedi.

Such questions... it seems that common propriety in conversation is not present here. He chuckles again. But, no matter, the question was honest.

My home planet is rather barren. It is very hot in nature. Thus, its people must be able to sluff off heat well. Hair would simply hold in the heat. As long as anyone can remember, we have all been... well... hairless.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 30th, 2002, 08:40:52 PM
Taa managed a nervous little laugh as Daani asked her horrible little question. Her face locked in a feigned smile, she turned her eyes away from Mr. Dust long enough to throw a withering glare at the girl. Another nervous laugh, and Taa began to absent-mindedly drum her extended claws on the table.

jYou'll have to excussse herrr...ssshe meansss well, though...mossstljy.

After a jaw-dropper like that, Taa honestly didn't know how to make small talk, and stalled for a few seconds, until the serving droid brought back a few starter items.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 30th, 2002, 09:03:21 PM
The tiny Cizerack's eyes popped wide. "Completeljy hajirrrlessssss!?" Daani caught the glance from Taa, and snapped her mouth shut quickly.

Slumping in her seat, she stared at the edge of the table. Sometimes Taa was no fun at all. Although there was that chicken to look forward to... Daani's ears pricked up a little.

Mr Dust
May 31st, 2002, 03:57:03 PM
Mr. Dust smiles pleasantly.

It's quite all right, madam. It was a fair question, and I bear her no ill will for her boldness.

But perhaps you could answer a question for me. What sort of being are you? I have never heard of your like.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 31st, 2002, 06:12:48 PM
Taa's mouth went agape in suprise.

Neverrr hearrrd of the Cjizerrrack? Weellll....jI sssuppossse therrre arrre sssome thjingsss that don't get out to the outerrr rrrjim.

Daanarri Raurrssaatta
May 31st, 2002, 11:08:47 PM
Her eyebrows almost disappeared in her forehead. "Carrrssshouljisss Prrrjime jisss the mossst beautjiful planet jin the galaxjy! Cjizerrrack...um..." Daani's voice trailed off. Perhaps telling this male about how the Cizerack ate lesser species was a bad idea.

Aunt Taa was so touchy these days... Daani snapped her mouth shut, and let the adults talk again.

Mr Dust
Jun 1st, 2002, 10:16:37 PM
His eyebrows arch as he hears the young girl stop mid-sentence.

The Cizerak... what? I am very interested in your culture... please, tell me.