PDA

View Full Version : spar anyone?(open)

Darth Uhlen
May 25th, 2002, 10:20:51 PM
Uhlen walked into the training grounds and walked to a relatively large clearing. he sat indian style on the ground in the middle and laid out his lightsaber/amphistaff in front of him.

Uhlen waited calmly for an opponent.........

DarthDarkCloak
May 30th, 2002, 03:01:25 PM
Heavy Footsteps cut through the dark sand and dust behind Uhlen. These footsteps were very irregular. It was very noticeble in the strength of each step that whomever it was had a very slight limp. Slowly, a heavily robed figure walked into place behind Uhlen. His hood was pulled atop his head and he peared from beneath it. In one hand he gripped a dual-bladed saber, and in the other, a black cloak and tunic. He tossed the cloak to the ground and it plopped in the sand next to Uhlen. As Uhlen looked, the figure removed his hood to reveal his pale face and emerald eyes. Before Uhlen could grab the robe, the figure spoke to him......

"My name is Drak'al Cystine, but for now it is master. Those robes are your uniform, you will wear them until instructed other-wise. They are a symbol of your allegience to TSO. They represent your last gift from anyone here. From here out, anything you recieve will be earned, including respect. My job is to teach you the ways of the Darkside and how to harnest the power of the force. Your job is to listen, obey and learn the darkness. At that point my job will be done and you will be bestowed the rank of knight."

With that, Cloak tossed his robes to the ground and ignited one blade of his saber

Darth Uhlen
May 30th, 2002, 09:24:49 PM
Uhlen picked up the robes without a word, if this man said to put them on he was now Uhlen's master and uhlen would obey. after he put on the robes he placed his vonduun crab armor on the ground and picked up his lightsaber/amphistaff and ignited it. his training had begun at last!

DarthDarkCloak
May 31st, 2002, 07:13:17 PM
Cloak talked as he circled Uhlen.

"First lesson, unlike the jedi, we use a more aggressive and offensive fighting style. Make your opponent move as you please, never force yourself to react to their attack."

Cloak charged Uhlen and headed off with a stong downward slash that was easily blocked by Uhlen. As the sabers met, Uhlen was quick to counter with a barrage of foward slashes. As he backstepped, cloak blocked or dodged them all, one by one. The sand gave way easily and dust kicked up all about them. Uhlen's slashes came harder and faster, and Cloak kept up with him. Hi and low, left and right the slashes came, each time meeting cloaks saber and crackling. In a strong motion, Uhlen side-stepped to his left, and slashed for cloaks head. Cloak barely brought his blade up to his right in time to block. While somewhat off balance, cloak made a full pivot clockwise and ignited the other end of his saber to block another oncoming slash. Their sabers locked and Cloak muscled Uhlen away.

"Lesson two, always hold back, never exhaust your resources early. Always have a card up your sleeve. It may be a lifesaver someday."

Cloak could tell that Uhlen would be different from his other apprentices. Uhlen's aggression, strength and speed reminded cloak of himself when he was an apprentice. This pointless saber-play wouldn't last long, they would soon be into bigger things.

Darth Uhlen
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:21:41 PM
Uhlen took a mental note of everything his master said and he would study and meditate upon these notes when he got back to his room. as if to show his master he did have a few tricks up his sleeve, Uhlen lunged at him but then transformed his lightsaber/amphistaf. just as it was about to be blocked by his master it converted into its most deadly yet graceful form; the whol of the blade went limp and turned into a whip gaining in length as it did so....

DarthDarkCloak
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:22:08 AM
As the whip lashed out, cloak brought his saber up to block. Their weapons crashed together and the whip crackled as it caught cloaks right arm cutting it. Cloak rolled to his left to regroup and as Uhlen still charged him with the lightwhip, he clicked two buttons on his saber and seperated it in half making twin sabers. The whip lashed out again, and cloak brought one saber above his face to block. As the end of the whip swung around to lash at his back, Cloak threw the other saber behind his head with his left hand to block.

The grounds were lit up every time the sabers clashed, revealing the dueling Sith from the dimly lit environment that shrouded them. The sabers however, were very visable in the dark and were moving very fast and almost painted each fighter position in the dark. Cloak fought off slash by slash every strike of the light whip. It was a new and impressive weapon to cloak, but it had it's flaws. It was to prove helpless if Uhlen were caught on the defense as he soon would be. Cloak had put some distance between himself and Uhlen. This was key, it would give Uhlen a sense of security and it would make him more offensive in his attack. Uhlen whipped out in front of himself towards cloak, and cloak sidestepped. Uhlen was relentless and followed with slash after slash straight ahead until Cloak dodged and seemed to dissapear. Cloak was around alright. Cloak had disengaged the emerald blades of his saber and with the force moved so fast about the he was almost invisible. He spoke out to Uhlen as he moved.

"Feel me Uhlen, you don't need to see me to know where I am, focus."

Uhlen then felt some sand brush up on the back of his leg. As he turned, cloak was there and so was his fist, as it met Uhlens jaw displacing it. Uhlen hit the ground hard, and cloak dissapeared again.

"Think Uhlen, focus. Reach out to find where I am and then think of where I want to be. Am I in front of you? Do I want to be behind you? How will I get there? Focus. If I can confuse you, you are as good as dead. In battle ones saber, and ones strength means nothing. It is your mind and your strength in the darkness that will win out in the end.

Uhlen moved to his feet, and cloak continued moving about him.............

Darth Uhlen
Jun 13th, 2002, 12:26:46 AM
Uhlen got up slowly cracking his jaw back in place as he did so. he loved the feeling of pain as he reset the jawbone. and being Yuuhzan Yong he liked getting a beating, as long as the opponent was worthy enough. and his master was more than worthy. Uhlen tried to listen to his masters teachings.

He reached and could feel the incredibly strong aora of darkness around his master. he converted the whip back to its original length and transformed it back to a lightsaber. he swung toward the presence.

OOC: Srry i havent posted lately ive been extremely busy with Finals, Driving Tests, and States for Track. I havent really had much free time. when i did have free time i didnt have a computer. Srry again.

DarthDarkCloak
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:58:52 AM
Cloak stopped in mid stride, and jumped over Uhlen's now slashing saber. As He landed, he swiftly ducked Uhlen's rebound slash that was headed for the back of his head, and brought his saber up to black a third slash headed for his chest. As the two sabers met, they deadlocked. Cloak looked Uhlen dead in the eyes and could see the anger on his face. The hatred that spewed from every essence of his being. Cloak liked what he saw, and a develish grin hit his face. He had finally found an apprentice, no a partner. The saber games served no purpose. This was a waste of time and they would end it.

"That is enough for today. This saber play is pointless. You will pick it up as you go along. Tommorow we move onto more important facits of your training."

Cloak relinquished his saber and returned it to his belt before turning and walking away.

ooc: no prob, I just got back from CANCUN, so I aint been around for a whole week..............

imported_Corin Zetith
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:45:41 PM
Uhlen deactivated his saber and bowed to his master. he then left to his room, he had kept Yun Harla and Yun Yamka waiting and the Gods wanted there evening sacrifice. he would contemplate on his masters words and teachings during his sacrifices to the gods and would purify his mind throgh pain.

OOC: Srry bout Corin Zetith i cant delete it and i forgot i was signed on as him again. i do this alot it seems so whenever i post for uhlen with corin then just ignore it. srry for the mix up.